We are seeking 5 Mission Enablers to join a new team focussing on establishing and sustaining ministry opportunities with children, young people and their families across the deaneries of the diocese of Birmingham. Church of England Birmingham covers an area that is young, culturally diverse, creative, dynamic and constantly changing. These new roles will work across the diocese, gathering regularly for training, coaching and mutual support.
You will be a motivated, creative, out-of-the-box thinker able to recruit, train, equip and support volunteers in parishes and deaneries. Leading collaboratively and with inspiration you will be part of launching new activities and worshipping communities across the diocese. We have a wide variety of contexts and churches to work with who long to connect with new people.
If you are:
- a strategic thinker with experience of recruiting and supporting volunteers
- have insight into ministry with children and young people
- an inspiring communicator
- able to influence, shape opinion, and inspire commitment
- a team player who is able to organise yourself and work with multiple projects
- able to visualise and work towards goals
- comfortable with different traditions, styles and expression of spirituality, prayer and worship
- there is an occupational requirement for the postholder/s to be a practising Christian
We would love to hear from you to talk about the opportunities we can offer. For more information on the roles, a job pack and to apply please apply through our website or contact us through the Parish Mission Support Facebook page.
CofEB is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where all can be themselves. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and other services to support staff. We welcome applications from any qualified persons, particularly those currently under-represented such as those from Global Majority Heritage or UK Minority Ethnic backgrounds.
CofEB takes Safeguarding seriously. This role will require an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service and satisfactory references.
Closing Date for applications: 29th June 2022
Interviews to be held early July.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.