We are seeking a Community Fundraiser to provide excellent supporter care and develop and deliver a range of individual and community fundraising initiatives.
Momentum Children’s Charity supports families whose children have cancer or a life-challenging condition.
Position: Community Fundraiser
Location: Hampton Court Head Office
Salary: £25-£29k depending on experience
Hours: Full Time/Part-time – 32 - 40 hours
About the role:
As Community Fundraiser you will deliver a range of fundraising initiatives throughout the year working in our catchment areas of SW London, Surrey & Sussex. This is an exciting and fast-paced environment, within a creative and dynamic team.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the charity's existing and new community fundraisers providing appropriate advice and support
- Maximise fundraising and ensure long term charity involvement
- Manage income and expenditure budgets to ensure that targets are met
- Build relationships with, and make applications to, community groups and local organisations
- Plan, manage and develop a programme of bespoke community events
- Manage the administration linked to individual and community fundraisers
- Attend select community events acting as a charity ambassador
- Manage and develop Momentum Children’s Charity’s in-memoriam & tribute giving scheme
You will be an enthusiastic and confident Community Fundraiser with excellent communication skills and experience of developing strong relationships whilst working towards the achievement of targets.
The ideal candidate will also have experience of:
- Experience of community fundraising or ability to demonstrate transferable skills
- Proven track record in achieving financial and non-financial targets
- Knowledge of the principles of good donor management and/or customer care
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
Although not essential experience of working with volunteers and a good understanding of budgeting and financial management would be beneficial as would an awareness of Legal and financial aspects of lotteries, licensing laws etc.
Momentum Children’s Charity’s vision is that no family whose child has cancer or a life-challenging condition should have to cope alone. We’re passionate about helping as many families as we can to keep moving forward, and we want to grow, so that we can help even more families.
You will receive a fantastic benefits package including:
- 20% Remote working
- Annual leave 6.6 working weeks (subject to a maximum of 33 days) inclusive of any public/bank holidays, increasing with each year of service.
- Opportunity for stays at our holiday cabins (subject to availability)
- Sick Pay – 2 working weeks
- Massage offered to all staff from our office
- Supervision for Family Support team
- Regular staff social activities and events
Other roles you may have experience of could include Community Fundraiser, Regional Fundraiser, Fundraising Manager, Fundraising, Fundraiser, Corporate Fundraiser, Fundraising Officer, Regional Fundraising, Events Fundraising, etc.