Assurance Manager Volunteer Roles in Glasgow
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
We are a not-for-profit organisation passionate about improving the lives of young people across the UK and believe that every young person should have the opportunity to succeed regardless of their background or circumstances.
Our work involves using up-and-coming research and advocacy to address issues affecting young people, such as climate change, unemployment and skills training, and inclusion and diversity. We are firmly committed to improving young people's lives and believe that our unique and successful approach to achieving our vision will change lives for the better.
Please note that this is a VOLUNTEER role.
We won't accept applications from individuals residing outside of the UK as we operate on the principle of bettering the lives of young people in the UK. Therefore, we require our volunteers to have an understanding of what it is like to live in the UK.
The Director of Service Delivery will take a strategic lead for the management of organizational output and service delivery. The incumbent will ensure that key departments with responsibility for delivering our work are performing to a high standard, that the organization is developing and the output related process and policies are working well, and that support is offered to departmental heads and management where needed.
To work alongside chief level staff to support the organization's development and overview incorporation
To contribute significantly towards supporting and strategically leading service delivery, with a focus on assurance of high quality impact
In most cases be the person departmental heads and management can turn to for guidance as appropriate
Be available to provide regular day to day strategic management and decision making capabilities as required
To always ensure that momentum and progress across organizational delivery related work is maintained and that all staff working in these areas are aware of this.
To identify problems and take action to resolve them to contribute to positive development and effectiveness whereby it may impact the daily business of the organization
The incumbent will be expected to generally check slack messages and emails every day, and be prepared to receive phone calls and phone or WhatsApp messages (in urgent circumstances).
The incumbent is expected to be able to deal with all situations, and be aware of the relevant information in order to do so.
Tthe incumbent will be expected to deal with issues and be proactive taking their own initiative as to improving and developing the organization
To coordinate with the Chief Operating Officer and others as required, and work together with the Chief Operating Officer and others to manage the day to day business of the organization.
To commit as much time as required to the role, using a range of 7 to 14 hours per week as a guide.
Experience in a Head of or Exectuive Director level role
Experience in the charity sector and in service delivery
An understanding of research, project management and plannin
Supportive Team and Management to enhance your skills and build on your experience.
Your work will help transform and empower many young people’s lives, rights and interests and assist in promoting equality for all young people.
Why volunteer with us?
We are a supportive and friendly organisation that takes pride in developing and nurturing our staff and providing them with excellent opportunities to thrive and further encourage their career growth and future aspirations.
We offer a fully remote working environment and a flexible and adaptable working schedule. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation, enhance your skills, and gain valuable experience to help you begin your career in Research as we endeavour to grow our organisation and continue to make positive changes to the lives of young people. If this sounds like you and you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Explain in the cover letter why you want the role and explain how you would drive efficiency?
We are seeking a Trustee to join the Trust’s Board and to join our Audit and Risk Committee, bringing their skills, experience and passion to contribute to the next stage of our extremely exciting and rewarding journey.
The Wellspring Multi-Academy Trust is a successful and growing values-driven charity that operates schools and other complementary services that aim to impact positively on the world and on social equity.
Wellspring has grown to be the largest mixed sector Trust in the region and the second largest in the country. We are known for our integrity, for our commitment to inclusive practice and for the quality of our service to those in our care. We celebrate the diverse nature of our very special community. This is a treasured aspect of our distinctiveness. Our achievements over the last ten years are substantial; 31 Schools stretching from North Yorkshire to Lincolnsire, 9 new schools built, 2 further new schools in development, strengthened outcomes, strong finances, transformed estates and zero permanent exclusions.
Wellspring is a multi-million pound operation responsible for well over £100m of public assets. Year-on-year-on-year, each school will spend many millions of tax-payer pounds. It is important that decisions made are strategic; for the long-term, are clearly costed, thought-through and sustainable.
Our Trustees play an extremely valuable voluntary role, working alongside the Executive Team in the interests of our children and young people.
We are seeking to appoint an individual who can bring their knowledge, experience, and enthusiasm to support and complement the existing Board of Trustees. In addition to joining the Board of Trustees, the role will include a position on Wellspring’s Audit and Risk Committee, playing a crucial role in the governance of the Trust by providing independent oversight and assurance on risk management, internal control, and financial governance.
Ethics and values are at the heart of our culture. We have taken the harder path many times in order to remain true to our values. We’ve ensured that we have a stable financial footing and a sustainable future. We have focused on the quality of our service to those in our care, and have also invested substantially in our buildings and resources.
We champion inclusive education, stronger communities and improving life chances. We are passionate about our social purpose: to make a difference.
We invite you to join us in our journey as we build on our successes to date and move forward into our next stage of development.
If the sound of any of this appeals to you, we would welcome a conversation with you. Please contact Matthew Lindsay, Governance Professional to the Trust Board, after which Matthew will contact you to arrange a discussion.
In the words of Nelson Mandela, ‘Our children are the rock on which our futures will be built and our greatest asset as a nation. They will be the leaders of our country, the creators of our national wealth and those who care for and protect our people’.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Africa Health Organisation (AHO) is setting up a pharmaceutical company to carry out research and produce drugs/medicines and vaccines for patients in Africa. Patients and healthcare providers are all dependent on pharmaceutical companies for the treatment of diseases. Over 80% of drugs/medicines and over 90% of vaccines used in Africa come from outside the continent. AHO is working hard to end this by setting up a new pharmaceutical company to produce drugs/medicines and vaccines in the continent. The purpose of the company is to study diseases, research, and invent new drugs/medicines and vaccines for the diseases. The companies require medical data and reports of patients for researching and discovering new drugs. This is made easier after medical records have gone electronic and are being stored after encryption through blockchain-based applications.
AHO is looking for Specialists in pharmaceutical science to help with setting up the company, registration, governance, board of directors, licensing, production, compliance, regulatory, finance, laboratory, human resources, and marketing.
Roles and responsibilities
- Start-up, registration, governance, licensing, financial, capital, business planning, and lobbying in the UK, US, EU, Asia and Africa.
- Clinical research/clinical trials
- Analysis and pharmaceutical quality,
- clinical pharmacology and translational research,
- drug design and discovery,
- formulation design and development and pharmacoengineering,
- pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and drug metabolism,
- physical pharmacy and biopharmaceutics,
- regulatory sciences, and
- social and behavioral pharmacy, pharmacoepidemiology, and pharmaceutical outcomes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in pharmaceutical sciences, chemistry, pharmacy, biology, chemistry, medicine, engineering, epidemiology, or similar scientific subject if combined with further education and training such as the MSc Scientist Training Programme (STP) in Clinical Pharmaceutical Sciences, Business Studies such as MBA and Marketing.
- Registered General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) Member or/& HCPC/ RPS or willing to register.
- Technical qualification such as Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical Technology, Quality Control, Engineering, Manufacturing.
- Post graduate certificate or diploma in a relevant pharmaceutical field.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice and the regulations surrounding Pharmaceutical Manufacture.
- Knowledge of clean room design and functioning.
- Highly developed Professional knowledge, underpinned by theory and experience.
- Specialist knowledge of Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Processes including equipment and facility design, construction, validation and testing.
- Knowledge of:- o Aseptic preparation of medicines o Terminal Sterilisation processes o QA/QC services
- An understanding of medicines management procedures
- Knowledge of product licensing and medical devices registration
- Experience of product development
- Evidence of working within GMP/GDP guidelines.
- COSHH Regulations and Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Evidence of significant, relevant and on-going personal CPD
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Planning and organisational skills; ability to prioritise demands on service and plan workload of self and others
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills; ability to communicate with a range of people such as technicians, pharmacists, engineers, clinicians and customers
- Change management
- Project Management skills
- Capable team worker with ability to create and sustain good relationships.
- Able to deal with constant interruptions, multiple pressures and at times aggression.
- Methodical with attention to detail