We are looking for a Branch Fundraising Officer to support Samaritans branches in their fundraising activities. This role will help build a culture of fundraising at Samaritans that maximises fundraising opportunities locally, regionally, and nationally. You’ll support Samaritans’ movement to reach its income potential, and ensure Samaritans branches have the capacity, support and financial resources for a sustainable future.
- 12 month fixed term contract
- Full time (35 hours per week)
- £30,000 - £35,000 per annum plus benefits
- Hybrid working - linked to our Ewell (Surrey) office with home working and willingness to travel to branches across UK and Ireland occasionally
- We encourage flexible working, talk to us about your preferences
- Review and improve online fundraising materials and resources available for branches.
- Development and deliver compelling training events (online and face to face) to improve branches skills in corporate and community fundraising.
- Research, identify and share regional funding opportunities across branches and Fundraising Leads. Working closely with Internal Communications team in supporting information cascade.
- Providing a support function for branch approaches to local corporates supporters.
- Responding to general fundraising queries – cascading queries to relevant staff as needed.
- Acting as the main liaison point to ensure branches are engaging with national campaigns and activities.
Skills & Experience
- Previous Fundraising experience with knowledge of best practice and regulation standards
- Previous experience of delivering formal and informal training
- Knowledge of managing and presenting information clearly
- Strong relationship building skills
- Good organisational skills including planning and prioritising work to meet deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Previous experience working with volunteers (desirable)
- Previous fundraising experience in corporate, community or events (desirable)
Samaritans is wholly committed to inclusion and diversity and to building a culture and environment where everyone is appreciated for the unique person they are. We warmly welcome applications from a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences.
The closing date for applications is 21/01/2022.