Head Of Property Management Jobs in Liverpool
Director of Industry Transformation
Our Client is an industry-led network with 700+ business member organisations spanning the entire built environment value chain. The breadth of knowledge and desire for change across the membership allows them to collaborate to enable and inspire accelerated leadership and action from within. Similarly, the strength of influence from the collective network yields a powerful message to the government; they are able to inform and influence policy at national and local levels.
Our client is looking for an outstanding Director of Industry Transformation, to primarily lead and shape their industry-facing programmatic work which has been catalysing shifts in industry-wide sustainability education and practices since 2007.
The successful candidate will deliver on the role’s purpose of bringing together research and practices from across industry, academia, and civil society, and deliver world-class guidance by facilitating collaborative working between the our clients team, members, and partners.
This work is currently focused on the organisations’ 2025 strategy impact areas of net-zero carbon, and climate resilience and nature.
As a director and member of the Leadership Team, the individual will also be involved in the design and implementation of overall organisational strategy and contribute to the day-to-day operational decision-making.
The right candidate will have extensive experience from an advisory, consultancy, commercial or research background, and will come with significant knowledge of the property and construction industry. Knowledge and understanding of climate change mitigation, climate resilience & adaptation, and nature & biodiversity in a built environment context is required and passion for our clients mission, and a personal drive to succeed within it, is a must.
• Highest standards of honesty and integrity
• Strong commercial awareness
• Ability to develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships
• Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
• Excellent facilitation skills, with the ability to aid groups with diverse perspectives to build consensus around ambitious and progressive ideas
• Excellent research and analytical skills with exemplary standards of quality, accuracy and timeliness
• Exemplary planning, organisational and project management skills
• Aptitude in agile decision-making and problem-solving
• Creativity and problem-solving mindset
Experience, knowledge and qualifications
• Extensive experience in advisory, consultancy, commercial or research roles
• Experience of generating income and developing new business, including developing and managing budgets of a similar scale to those outlined in this job description
• Significant knowledge of the property and construction industry, ideally encompassing technical understanding of sustainable design and engineering (of buildings and/or built environment infrastructure) as well as appreciation of a broad range of development financing models
• Deep and wide-ranging knowledge and understanding of climate change mitigation, climate resilience & adaptation, and nature & biodiversity in a built environment context
• Degree in relevant sustainability and/or building related subject, or equivalent professional experience
• Experience of various research methodologies including qualitative, quantitative and digital
• Strong line management and leadership experience in terms of motivating and inspiring team performance
• Strong existing network of relevant contacts in UK built environment industry and UK government
• Research interests that include the interaction between built environment, sustainability themes and socio-economic impacts and co-benefits
• Property, construction, or sustainability related professional qualifications such as from RICS, RIBA, IEMA
• Experience obtaining funding from corporates/foundations/gov agencies
• Knowledge of current and emerging technological innovations
• Appreciation of new and alternative business and economic models
• International experience and understanding of sustainable development in different jurisdictions
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any protected characteristic. They are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and valued. Their commitment to inclusivity means they support flexible work arrangements, ensuring work-life balance for all. They prioritise accessibility and will gladly accommodate any needs upon request, as they believe in providing a barrier-free recruitment process.
Location: Remote working with regular scheduled visits to the London Head Office
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: £80,000 - £90,000 dependent upon experience
Benefits: 28 days holidays plus Bank holidays 3 days closure between Christmas and New Year Enhanced Pension BUPA Cashback Scheme