Hr Advisor Volunteer Roles in Edinburgh
African Development Choices (ADC) is a UK-based Social Enterprise on a mission to reduce poverty
by empowering communities to make informed development choices in the management of public
finances and resources.
ADC’s purpose is to enable communities to independently meet their needs for essential services, such
as clean water and safe sanitation and improve lives in Africa.
At ADC we encourage a working culture of seeking and giving input, showing and taking initiative, and
commitment to the organisation and its purpose.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a volunteer Head of Training & Education (Remote) to join ADC.
Main purpose of job: Manage the volunteers, partners and activities associated with the Civic Education component of ADC’s social impact program and ensure that the relevant needs of the program’s beneficiaries are met.
Division: Social Impact
Department: Training & Education
Position reports to: Chief Impact Officer
Who reports to this position (direct reports): TBC
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the training and civic education strategy aligned with organisation objectives
- Identify civic education needs and oversee development of courses to fulfill those needs
- Oversee the development and ongoing review of curricula for civic education programs
- Set civic education objectives and create procedures and budgets necessary for successfully implementing planned civic education programs
- Oversee relationships with local partners to deliver civic education programs
- Develop or oversee the production of civic education materials, aids and manuals
- Evaluate the results of civic education programs and ensure continuous improvement
- Recruit additional volunteers for the Civic Education team when needed
- Develop and implement the Trainer of Trainers model (ToT)
- At least 5 years of experience managing a civic education department
- Solid experience organizing trainings and designing civic educational curriculum
- In-depth understanding of traditional and modern training methods (including workshops and e-learning)
- Ability to establish networks across industry, NGOs, government and academia
- Track record of successfully designing and delivering impactful civic education programs
- Project management experience
- Ability to actively take initiative and help set things up in a start-up environment
- Ability to actively seek and give input in a collaborative team environment
- A committed team player with good communication skills
- Available to volunteer at least 7-10 hours a week
- Experience working in an early stage start-up and gone through a scaling phase
- Passion for the start-up life and comfortable in a role with a little ambiguity
What ADC Offers You
This is a volunteer, remote and unpaid position with the following benefits:
- Professional learning and career development opportunities
- An opportunity to build on your work experience within your profession
- An opportunity to be part of a diverse team representing different parts of the world that is helping to deliver systemic social change in Africa
- An opportunity to help shape a start-up social enterprise
- We provide work reference
As a Trustee of Trauma Treatment International (TTI) you will have a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of positive change through the provision of evidence-based trauma treatment and support, around the UK and world.
TTI is a registered charity, was founded in 2017 and has grown significantly in the last few years. Our aim is to treat victims directly as well as support organisations that work with victims, in order to mitigate the impact of trauma exposure on the workforce. With an increase in people affected by torture, trafficking and slavery, persecution, war and other forms of collective violence it has never been more important that society is trauma informed and able to respond effectively to the psychological needs of all its members. TTI is borderless, working remotely to respond to need wherever it is in the world.
As a qualified accountant with experience of working with charities your role will be to provide effective governance of TTI’s affairs, ensuring its financial viability and that proper processes and procedures are in place for all financial records, decisions and delegations. To apply please read the attached job description and fill in and return the application form.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of voices, experiences and perspectives on our Board of Trustees and in our management team. We especially seek trustees who have lived experience of the issues we are seeking to address.
A trustee is required to act reasonably and prudently in all matters relating to TTI and must always bear the interest of the charity in mind.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Using Anonymous Recruitment
This organisation is using Anonymous Recruitment to reduce bias in the first stages of the hiring process. Our system keeps your personal information hidden until the recruiter contacts you.
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Are you committed to childhood flourishing with an interest in creating stragegies for this to happen?
Godly Play offers spiritually sensitive approaches to learning and living together in a fragile world. We take childhood spirituality seriously, providing training to transform thinking and practice for the whole of life.
A Christian movement, Godly Play seeks to make space for questions about the meaning and purpose of life, through play, wondering, story, exploration and community.
Our small board of trustees supports a group of fifteen part-time trainers offering courses to people working with children in churches of many traditions, in schools and in community settings.
We would like to diversify our board's ethnicity, age and gender. It would be great to have someone with grant-seeking experience and/or communications know how, but we would love to talk to anyone who is interested.
Would you like to join us? Our website offers lots more information.