It support officer jobs
What’s my CV Worth?
How much could you earn in the charity sector? Use our CV checker to find out.Check Now
About MHFA England
MHFA England is a social enterprise and the leading provider of mental health skills and awareness training courses in England. Our vision is to improve the health of the nation, through normalising society’s attitudes and behaviours around mental health, by developing the skills we need to look after our own and others’ wellbeing.
A certified Great Place to Work, we are a friendly, inclusive, dynamic, fast-paced organisation and we strive to be an exemplary health and wellbeing employer. Currently we are undertaking an ambitious Digital Transformation Programme so that we can achieve our digital vision to seamlessly connect and engage Customers, Clients, Members and Staff and support our mission to train 1:10 people in mental health knowledge and skills.
What are we looking for?
An IT Support Technician to support staff and with the overall IT business needs of the organisation. You will be a problem-solver and will ensure that IT Support requests are managed effectively and responded to in a timely manner.
The expectation is that this role would be mostly based onsite our central London office, with occasional home working.
You will be able to:
- Work with fault ticketing systems, assigning the correct priority and ability and keeping a record of fault up to date from creation to resolution.
- Communicate effectively at all levels.
- Escalate issues to our third-party support team when they cannot be completed by you.
- Manage a varied workload.
You will have:
- Experience working with technology either professionally or demonstrable personal experience.
- Experience in installation and working with IT systems across a range of hardware devices.
- Excellent knowledge of Miscrosoft products and software, specifically Office 365.
- Experience working with third-party support suppliers.
- Working within IT policy frameworks.
What we offer:
-25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
-Two wellbeing breaks, in summer and winter
-Free Mental Health First Aid training
-Employee Assistance Programme with a 24-hour helpline from Health Assured, occupational health and counselling
-Free flu jab to protect your health in winter
-Employee benefits after probation period:
-Investing in your professional development, including qualifications and mentoring
-Enhanced maternity leave
-Free eye test and £55 towards glasses
-Cycle to work scheme with an interest free loan to buy a bicycle
-Matched pension scheme (up to 5%)
-Flexible working hours and access to flexible ways of working
-Commitment to volunteering
-'Bonusly' employee recognition and reward scheme
Interested? How to apply
For the full job description and person specification please see the attached document.
To apply please submit a covering letter and CV demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role.
Early application is encouraged as we may book in interviews as applications come in.
Mental Health First Aid England is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or those who are pregnant or on maternity leave. We are especially keen to encourage applications from people currently under-represented within the organisation, these include but are not limited to those from the LGBT+ community, people with disabilities, and those from a Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic background.
By applying for this job you are confirming that you have read the MHFA England Privacy Notice and accept the conditions under which your details will be processed.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Do you believe everyone should have a place to call home and the chance to lead a fulfilling life?
HARP is Southend-on-Sea’s leading homelessness charity. On average we help around 1,000 local people every year to overcome or avoid homelessness. In addition to providing essential short-term emergency shelter, food, clothing and washing facilities, we work to identify the root causes of homelessness, creating tailored support for each person’s circumstances. We achieve success by providing structure, purpose and training opportunities, and by providing longer-term supported housing, empowering people to take steps to leave homelessness behind and ultimately live independently in the community.
We are recruiting an IT Technician to work alongside the IT Manager, to install and maintain a whole range of IT equipment (hardware and software) including laptops, desktops, servers, CCTV, Paxton Net2 door access, Wi-Fi networks, mobile / desk phones, lone worker devices, Active Directory, AVG antivirus, and Microsoft 365. The successful candidate will also be required to monitor the IT Helpdesk to keep on top of all the incoming tickets and make sure they are keeping in communication with the user and that the ticket is resolved in a timely manner.
The ideal candidate will:
- Will have a level 2/3 qualification in IT & five GCSEs grade A*-C or equivalent.
- Have experience working on a fast-paced IT Helpdesk / support service, delivering excellent service levels to users and responding to issues in a timely fashion.
- Experience of problem solving / troubleshooting to get software & hardware working in a personal or professional capacity.
- Experience within a customer service role to demonstrate good communication skills.
Closing date: Monday 5th September (noon)
Shortlisting: Monday 5th September 2022
Interview date: Monday 12th September 2022
HARP will provide you with support and training to carry out your role effectively, and to develop your career. Our benefits package includes 25 days’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays with an extra days leave after 5 year’s service (all pro rata for part time employees). HARP participate in an auto enrolment pension scheme through The People’s Pension. Where eligible, you and HARP will each be required to make a contribution to the pension scheme. Employees will also become members of the non-contributory HARP Death In Service scheme. Full details of the schemes can be given on request.
Applications should be completed on our website via the google form.
For further information or to have an informal chat about the position please contact Chris Bailey, IT Manager on 01702
Please quote Ref: IT1
Charity No: 1098126 Registered Provider of Social Housing no.4742
HARP is an Equal Opportunities Employer
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
About the Youth Investment Fund
The Youth Investment Fund (YIF) is a £368 million fund created by the UK government to create, expand and improve youth facilities and services in England to drive positive outcomes for young people.
YIF is being delivered by a partnership between Social Investment Business, The Key Fund, National Youth Agency and Resonance.
Together, we aim to deliver grants for up to 300 facilities in selected eligible areas across England by 2025 that represent positive value for money, are environmentally sustainable and enable positive activities for young people aged 11–18 (up to 25 for young people with SEND).
This funding will drive value-for-money facilities that youth organisations can afford to sustain. Using innovative construction techniques, as well as supporting redevelopment projects that expand youth service provision, the YIF will achieve savings on facility running costs, so that resources can focus on activities that enrich young people’s lives. It will support projects to level up youth provision, assessing and distributing grants so that local youth facilities and services can be the best they can be. For further information please visit the Youth Investment Fund website.
About this role:
This role will be employed by Social Investment Business (SIB).
For over two decades, Social Investment Business has provided finance and support to charities and social enterprises. We empower these organisations to do what they do best - serve the communities they operate within.
To find out more about what we do please visit the Social Investment Business website.
Our values are: People First, Curious, Bold, Collaborative, Accountable
For further information on our values and our generous benefits please visit our website.
We are in the midst of a large transformation project, adopting a cloud-first approach to our core business systems. You will be joining the Business Systems team focused on improving the core systems that support our team, customers and partners. The team draws on a mix of skills and backgrounds including business analysis, agile project management and software-specific knowledge.
We are looking for a new member of the team to drive the development of our Sharepoint, Teams and other core Office 365 collaboration tools. The role will also provide-cross cutting support to the team and there will be opportunities to develop knowledge and skills in other systems including our core Salesforce CRM.
We are looking for someone with good experience and familiarity of Office 365, particularly Sharepoint and Teams. Most importantly we need someone who can identify improvements to our ways of working and translate requirements of non-technical users into effective solutions that use 365 tools. The role will also include end-user training and troubleshooting.
1. Work with our Head of Systems Improvement to ensure that we are using Sharepoint, Teams and other 365 tools to support our core business processes.
2. Lead the day-to-day development of our sharepoint site into a user-friendly intranet and collaboration platform.
3. To oversee a training programme for our team on core business systems, including managing some end-user training and producing videos and supporting materials.
4. Working closely with our delivery teams to enable them to define core end to end processes and introduce regular reviews for continual improvement.
5. Overseeing our approach to sharing and collaboration. Ensuring that our business processes are secure, and protect customer data while enabling us to collaborate with colleagues and partners working remotely across the UK.
6. Working with the Head of Systems Improvement to use PowerApps, Power Platform and other automation tools to build user-friendly automated processes across our 365 platform.
7. Provide support to the Head of Systems Improvement working with subject experts in the delivery teams to design new processes and improve existing processes for our programmes and funds. Contributing to developing these processes using tools like PowerApps, Power Platform and Docusign.
8. Working with our Managed Services Provider to manage and audit our IT endpoints. This includes reporting on Microsoft Intune, as well as maintaining the IT asset log and ensuring that colleagues have the hardware they need in a timely manner.
9. Leading Testing (both technical and User Experience) before new systems are implemented.
10. Working with our data team, ensure that our data infrastructure and processes enable data capture and reporting to support internal and external requirements.
11. Contribute to the reporting on the performance of business systems and data quality as part of our KPIs.
12. To work within the organisation's values, principles and processes to achieve operational excellence.
13. To adopt our continuous improvement and learning ethos.
14. To support and embed equality, diversity and inclusion into day-to-day behaviours and activities within your role as well as contributing more widely across SIB’s commitment to E, D & I.
15. To support and contribute to the implementation and delivery of SIB’s strategy.
16. In agreement with manager to undertake other tasks and work on cross team projects that support the objectives of SIB as required.
• Commitment to quality, equality, diversity, inclusion and customers.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Team player with the ability to work independently.
• Good experience of Sharepoint, Teams and Microsoft 365. This can be at super-user level.
• Willingness and commitment to develop further knowledge and qualifications on key systems (with support from SIB).
• Excellent project management skills including the ability to manage competing priorities.
• Good analytical and critical thinking capabilities. Familiarity with approaches to ensuring data quality.
• A focus on end users, both internal & external. Experience of business analysis particularly gathering requirements and process-mapping.
• Ability to provide constructive challenge where appropriate.
• Ability to work effectively with a small busy team, providing cover when needed.
• Ability to support and train end users and the business through credible knowledge, experience and communication skills.
• Ability to translate user requests into actionable work units through problem decomposition and planning.
• General understanding of business systems.
• Experience in working with IT Provider Partners in managing and delivering technical processes.
• Exposure to Agile methodologies in multi-team environments.
• Familiarity with Salesforce.
• Familiarity with the Microsoft Power Platform.
• Experience of delivering training in business systems use.
• Knowledge of grant making.
• Knowledge of social investment.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
You will be the first point of contact for all Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system queries. You will be responsible for accurate and up to date customer information ensuring the CRM can be relied upon as the single source of truth and to work with other teams across the hospice to support the creation of a 360° view of our customers.
You will be responsible for data input process design, [PB1] training end users to utilise the CRM appropriately and accurately, to keep it up to date with relevant information and for creating and maintaining a process documentation library including end user process guides.
This post works on a standard working pattern 37.5 hours a week.
St Helena may elect to bring forward the closing date for this vacancy in the event we receive the desired volume of applications. You are therefore encouraged you to submit your application early if you wish to express an interest in this opportunity.
Our vision is for a world where everyone experiencing a mental health issue receives support and respect. Join our dynamic, industry-leading team and make a difference today.
About the role
Our IT Team looks after over 300 staff and volunteers on a Hybrid O365/On-Premise Solution, mainly using MS Office 365 Software, as well as Dynamics CRM and Great Plains, Citrix and the Microsoft Suite of admin tools. We’re looking for an experienced individual who is keen to learn and join our growing, dynamic team.
As our ICT Administration Officer, you will enable the provision of high-quality mental health services by providing a timely, efficient and responsive, customer- and solutions-focused IT Support Service to staff, with support from the Head of Information Systems and IT Support Manager and our Outsourced host providers. You will provide excellent IT technical support, help manage the starters/leaver process and the procurement of IT and mobile devices, and maintain the IT Asset Register.
You’ll be based in Southampton with the opportunity to travel to other offices in Hampshire and work from home.
With first- and second-line support experience, you’ll have sound working knowledge of IT applications, including Microsoft Office 2013 and relevant databases, together with a good understanding of Windows operating systems, Local Area Networks and Printing solutions. You’ll be a good communicator with strong organisational and customer service skills.
We're Solent Mind! We’re part of a network of over 100 Local Minds who tailor trusted mental health services to our communities. We set our own strategies and partnerships and rely on the support of our brilliant local fundraisers.
We collaborate with Mind to make sure their pioneering campaigns, information and research make a difference in Hampshire. Together, we make better mental health possible both locally and nationally.
Our Gold Investors in People Award reflects our commitment to our lively, friendly teams. We empower our people to have a voice, discover new opportunities and develop their careers. In addition to knowing you’re making a difference, you’ll also enjoy excellent benefits, including:
- Flexible working to promote a healthy work/life balance
- 25 days’ annual leave rising incrementally to 30 days per year
- Pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season ticket and cycle-to-work scheme
If you’re ready to join the fight for mental health, visit our website to find out more and apply.
Closing date: 15 August 2022
Posts may be subject to a relevant DBS check.
Solent Mind welcomes applications from all the communities in which we work. Appointments are made on merit.
Registered Charity No: 1081116. Registered with Limited Liability in England and Wales No: 4004500.
Are you interested in green issues and sustainable development?
If yes, you could be interested in this ICT Support Officer role for a 6-month temp-to-perm contract. This is a fantastic charity, that's committed to transforming people's lives and places through social, economic and environmental action. They helps to brighten up the built-environment, transforming areas and changing lives across the South of England.
This is a great opportunity for a conscientious ICT Support Officer to contribute to the charity's infrastructure by providing ICT and telecoms support and also help with a range of network administration duties. You will be able to use your excellent problem solving skills to provide end-user support, domain administration and hardware and software support across their various sites.
As an excellent communicator, you will be approachable, friendly and able to deal with people throughout all levels of the organisation to provide an efficient support service.
You will have at least 2 years experience working in an ICT support role, with working knowledge of all MS Windows Desktop Operating systems, a familiarity with Microsoft Office, Outlook and PC desktop software, as well as knowledge of computer hardware and a strong ability to troubleshoot PC issues. Experience of working with Windows TCPIP Networks, Active Directory, Windows Server 2008, 2012 and third party cloud based services would be an advantage.
Experience / Skills / Qualifications
- A relevant qualification (or working towards one) working with all MS Windows Operating Systems
- Knowledge and experience of Windows Networks, Active Directory, Windows Server (all versions)
- Well-developed oral and written communications, including a professional and friendly telephone manner
- Can use and support MS Office Corporate applications and email applications
- Natural ability to communicate with people at all levels
- An understanding of data protection and security
- Be organised & meet deadlines
- The experience to provide IT Support to end-users both face-to-face and remotely
- Ability to work effectively alone and as part of a team
We look forward to meeting you :)
Now in our 30th year, Creative Support remains a not-for-profit organisation focused on delivering an excellent standard of care and support to vulnerable people. We are looking for experienced individuals to join our IT team at our head office in Stockport.
We require an experienced, enthusiastic, resourceful and innovative individual to work within our IT team to provide computer hardware, software and network support. You will offer the highest level of customer support to our services. Thorough working knowledge of computer/computer network troubleshooting experience is essential. You must be able to demonstrate a genuine interest and enthusiasm for IT related business systems.
In addition you must have 1 years’ experience and relevant IT qualifications or a minimum of 3 years in a relevant position.
We provide all of our staff with:
- A choice of weekly or monthly pay.
- Company Pension Contributions.
- 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays / pro rata).
- Ongoing training provided by our award winning training team.
- Selected store discounts.
- Bonus on passing your probation period and if you refer a friend.
- Mental Health and Wellbeing Support, Legal and Financial advice through our Employee Assistance Program, Health Assured.
Our head office in Stockport is just 5 minutes from Stockport train station with excellent transport links to the city centre.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate a great positive attitude
- Shows consistent integrity, trust and fairness and embraces equality and diversity
- Delivers time after time
- Makes a difference every day
- Used good judgement and initiative to find solutions
- Committed to learning and being the best through continual learning and development
Following an initial induction period to the company the role will be based in our friendly IT team operating from our Head Office in Stockport. Willingness to travel and work flexibly dependent on priorities and deadlines is essential.
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures.
We would encourage you to apply to us even if you have not yet had your COVID 19 vaccine. You will be required to have your first COVID 19 vaccine prior to your interview and your second vaccine before you start work with us. This time will be used to complete post interview recruitment checks. Applicants who are unable to receive the vaccination on medical grounds are still welcome to apply with provision of their official NHS COVID pass letter of medical exemption.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Do you have high-level communication skills?
If you can say yes to the above, this new and exciting opportunity could suit you.
We are looking for an experienced IT Trainer (1-year contract) to work with a supportive, caring, long-standing UK charity who are investing in technology to transform their IT infrastructure. The IT improvement programme includes modernising & upgrading the business systems.
Projects include issuing new devices and implementing Microsoft 365 to enable better hybrid working and collaboration by upgrading CRM, Finance and HR business systems.
The IT Trainer will help the charity to adopt and make effective use of new software applications in their day-to-day work by providing clear and engaging learning in a mixture of formats such as documents, videos, face-to-face and virtual 'classroom' training sessions.
The initial focus will be on Microsoft 365 and related products, before moving onto the business systems.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Establish and deliver a training plan
- Source learning materials including written guides/manuals, infographics, audio/video content and interactive quizzes.
- Deliver 'classroom' based learning sessions in-person and virtually.
The scope of training will include:
-Microsoft Windows 10/11 laptops
-Microsoft 365 especially: Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Security settings/tools (e.g. Multi-factor authentication, Intune)
- CRM (new system to be determined)
- Finance (new system to be determined)
- HR/Payroll (system to be determined)
- Highly skilled in delivering classroom-based learning (in-person and virtual)
- Highly skilled in developing learning materials including: 'how to' documents and videos for self-paced eLearning.
- High level of IT literacy, particularly Microsoft Office 365 applications: Teams, Outlook, SharePoint, OneDrive, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Effective communicator.
- Highly organised, structured and outcome focused.
Experience and Knowledge.
- Delivering IT training for end users of all abilities, particularly Microsoft 365 applications.
- Creating training materials.
- Developing training plans.
- Understanding of project management.
- Understanding of IT support, service management and operations.
- Delivering training or using charity business systems: CRM, Finance, HR/Payroll
We are looking for a Project Support Officer to join our friendly and welcoming team here at Hft. This is your chance to make a real difference to people's lives.
Location: Central Support Services
Salary / hourly rate: £26,241.45
Employment type: Full Time
Hours per week: 37.5
Closing date: 21/08/2022
Interview date: 25/08/2022
What will you be doing?
Supporting the ICT department to effectively establish, plan, manage, deliver and control ICT programmes and projects in line with the ICT project framework.
What’s in it for you?
There are a range of benefits and career development opportunities at Hft. We’ll give you a comprehensive induction, full training, and support along the way.
With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in you to ensure you have the specialist skills and expertise needed to support people to live the best life possible.
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options.
- Access to award winning training and development – Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care ‘Centre of Excellence’ provider status
- Annual staff award scheme – The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme
- 25 days holiday (pro rata for part time staff)
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
We ask all our teams to take advantage of the Covid-19 vaccination, which is offered to frontline support workers as a priority group.
We strongly encourage all colleagues to remain fully vaccinated as part of our wider infection control procedures. This includes Central Support Services colleagues as they may be required to visit services as part of their work and/or work alongside colleagues who do.
Find your place with us and change lives.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive sufficient applications.
You may have experience of the following: Project Support Officer, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Social Care, Project Management, Voluntary Sector, Not For Profit, Administrator, Engagement, Participation etc.
Ref: 135 234
Are you skilled in delivering training?
We are working with a growing and dynamic national charity to recruit for an IT Trainer. Working alongside a newly formed IT team you will support the organisation's staff to adopt and make effective use of new, modernised software applications in their day-to-day work.
This is a full time, fixed term role (12 months) initially. This role is based in London and offers hybrid working arrangements where you can expect to be in the office when delivering face to face training once or twice a week. The salary is £40,000 per annum and offers good employee benefits such as pension scheme, Life Assurance, season ticket loan.
As the IT Trainer you will provide clear and engaging learning in a mixture of formats such as documents, video, face-to-face and virtual 'classroom' training sessions. You will focus on Microsoft 365 and related products, before moving onto the business systems.
To be considered you will be highly skilled in delivering classroom based learning (in- person and virtual) and be experienced in developing learning materials including 'how to' documents and videos, self-paced e-learning, and materials for classroom-based learning. You will have a high level of IT literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office 365 applications.
You will also be able to champion projects and maintain effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
To show your interest, please click apply and attached a copy of your up to date CV no later than Friday 12th August 9am.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.
For over 25 years, Global Witness has fought to end environmental and human rights abuses driven by political and corporate elites. Through bold and hard-hitting investigations, campaigning, and advocacy, we have catalysed change across the world to challenge the systems that enable these harms.
Our work is needed now more than ever.
We are facing a crisis: the climate is being destroyed and civic freedoms are deteriorating. Rampant abuse of power is pushing the world to breaking point as Governments and Big Corporations all too often go unchecked in their exploitation of our planet and its people.
For us to succeed, we need to embody the principles we fight for. We continue to strive for greater cohesion, solidarity, and inclusion internally and across civil society. We stay ahead of the curve by learning from allies and other social and political movements that share our mission.
Only together can we protect one another and the planet to build a better, more just future
About the role
This is an exciting role where the successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead and revolutionize the delivery of Information and Technology mission-critical services which will enable Global Witness to deliver it’s strategic objectives in a safe, secure and collaborative environment.
You will be experienced with connectivity capabilities (networks, telephony, video conferencing, Internet Service Provision), Storage and Compute (Cloud largely MS Azure) and Productivity tools and services and will provide user-centric IT solutions to maximise efficiency across the organisation.
You thrive on responsibility and completing tasks in a timely manner with good communication. You are equally comfortable working independently, and in a team, to deliver excellence.
Your success in the role will come from your experience with IT methodologies and processes.
You will have strong technical knowledge of operational infrastructure (Azure Virtual Data Centre), devices (Lenovo laptops/ desktops) and networks (switches, firewalls, wireless, VPNs), telephony.
Your prioritisation, initiative and ability to be resilient under pressure will be key for this role.
You’ll also have a strong affinity to Global Witness’ values and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues is critical in this role, so you must thrive in an environment where you frequently work with others to achieve impact.
Working for us
Global Witness has a talented team of people worldwide with offices in London, Washington DC, and Brussels. We aim to be a diverse and inclusive place to work. We value new perspectives, original ideas and different ways of working. We believe that diverse views and experiences improve the way we do our work. We do our best to make our jobs accessible to all regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation or identity.
We offer an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary and 25 days annual leave (exc. Bank Holidays), pension, private medical insurance and the option of flexible working arrangements.
This role is based in London and therefore to be considered for this role you must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK. We are currently trialling a new hybrid working model for 2022 that requires staff to be in the office at least 20% of the working week.
Please send in your CV (max 2 sides) and a one-page cover letter outlining how you meet the requirements of the role with Head of IT and Digital Transformation in the subject heading by midnight BST on 15 August 2022.
If you have a disability and would prefer to apply in a different format or would like us to make any reasonable adjustments to enable you to apply or attend any interview, please let us know.
Interviews will take place week commencing 22 August 2022.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Are you an IT expert with the leadership skills to direct improvement and delivery of networks & systems while working for a leading charity?
About the role
The St Mungo’s IT team is going through an exciting period of change, we are now looking for a talented individual who can help us deliver on strategic organisational plans to improve and upgrade our systems, to ultimately support our colleagues across the organisation to provide high quality service for clients; and to support an end rough sleeping for good.
In this role you will:
- Take overall responsibility for the management and development of our growing IT team ensuring that we have the right skills and capabilities in place to effectively support the work of St Mungo’s.
- Develop a set of performance KPIs and provide regular reporting of performance.
- Deliver effective management and maintenance of the organisation-wide IT architecture
- Manage the technology and processes for the successful operation of the website and digital products.
- Drive the development and adoption of digital solutions to meet internal and external client, customer and stakeholder needs.
We are looking for an IT professional with strong team working skills, able to build highly positive and constructive working relationships with senior colleagues and Boards. You will be able to engage effectively with all other functional teams to ensure both a comprehensive IT strategy that benefits the entire organisation and to manage the cross functional teams in the implementation of the strategy. Demonstrable experience of leadership and management of significant IT projects in a large and complex service focused organisation would be advantageous.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) applicants, as they are under-represented within St Mungo’s at senior management level.
How to apply
To find out more and apply please go to the St Mungo’s careers page on our website.
To view the job description and guidance on completing your application form, please click on the ‘document available’ tab on the advert page on our website.
Closing date: 10am on 11 August 2022
Interview and assessments on: 17–19 August 2022
Civitas Recruitment are proud to be partnering with a great charity that employs specialist lawyers who assist individuals experiencing personal disadvantage, or charities or organisations representing the interests of marginalised or disadvantaged groups. An exciting opportunity exists for an IT Operations Coordinator to join the charity. The postholder will provide support and reassurance to staff and volunteers in the use of systems and processes, documenting issues, signposting resources, and escalating to management and IT and digital partners as appropriate. There is a current project in place to move to a cloud system and this role will assist with the transition. This is a hybrid role in central London, 9 months fixed-term contract until the end of March 2023 (with possibility of it becoming permanent).
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will possess excellent oral and written communication skills. You will have experience of using a case management system (or similar database – training will be provided on current system) with good working knowledge of IT generally and Office 365 including SharePoint. You will possess the ability to learn quickly, develop new skills and share that learning with others. You will also have excellent organisational skills along with Microsoft Excel skills. A commitment to social justice and the ability to work sympathetically and effectively with a wide variety of staff, volunteers, partners, and clients will also be key to the role.
If the above role description sounds of interest and you feel like you meet the criteria; please apply immediately or for further information, please contact Syed at Civitas Recruitment for a full JD and informal discussion. Early applications are encouraged as we will be reviewing on a rolling basis.
Salary: circa. £29,000 per annum plus benefits
Location: Northampton office with hybrid-working
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Temporary ongoing
The Motor Neurone Disease (MND) Association have a temporary opportunity for an ICT Officer to join the ICT Team at our national office in Northampton.
We operate a trusting, collaborative, and hybrid working policy which enables the flexibilities of splitting your working time, between the workplace and your home.
About the role
As an ICT Officer, you will be part of a friendly ICT team, providing first and second line technical support to colleagues across the Association. You will support the delivery of Microsoft Teams and SharePoint services and automated workflows.
The key purpose of this role is to create, manage and monitor MS Teams and SharePoint sites. Developing and delivering automated workflow solutions using Power Automate and the Microsoft Power Platform and support the roll out and adoption of these solutions.
This role will also see you give advice, documentation and training to office-based and remote end users, in the use of a variety of different software packages, office systems, operating systems, printers and computer related services.
What are we looking for?
A friendly and customer service focused individual with experience of delivering support, advice and training end users.
The successful candidate will also have experience of supporting Microsoft Team, using Office to a high level, working knowledge of Microsoft Teams, SharePoint 365, Microsoft Power Platform and Power Automate.
For full role responsibilities please view the job description.
How to apply?
We would love to hear from you and encourage early applications.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, apply online now and submit your CV!
The MND Association was founded in 1979. Our mission is to improve care and support for people with MND, their families and carers. We also fund and promote research that leads to new understanding and treatments and brings us closer to a cure for MND. The Association also campaigns and raises awareness so the needs of people with MND, and everyone who cares for them, are recognised, and addressed by wider society.
We operate a hybrid working environment within a flexible office space using the latest technology and digital infrastructure. This, together with a high level of trust and performance driven culture, gives staff the freedom and flexibility to work in the best way for them, the Association and, most importantly, people with MND.
We are committed to equality and value diversity. We are working hard to remove perceived and actual barriers to participation for people with and affected by MND, current and future staff, volunteers, and stakeholders.
The MND Association operates a hybrid working culture and therefore we are open to discussing the possibility of variable hours, remote or home working, flexible start, and finish times etc.
Please submit your application as soon as possible; due to the high volumes of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close any adverts before the closing date once we have received sufficient applications.
Our selection process will be multi-stage; this may include video call screening, and competency-based interview/s.
We request that recruitment agencies do not contact us in relation to this role. We work hard to fill our roles directly and if assistance is required, we operate a PSL, which currently closed for review. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies/ head-hunters.
ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant
Education Sector - Director of Finance & IT
An exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Director of Finance & IT candidate to join a leading Surrey based multi-academy trust. The Trust are looking for an enterprising and innovative qualified accountant with highly developed financial acumen and strategic vision to lead on finance and Information Technology (IT) development across a successful and growing multi-academy trust.
We are looking for a pivotal leader to join our Executive Board and hold overall responsibility for the management of our financial and IT systems and processes.
The Director of Finance & IT will be leading a hard-working and dedicated finance and IT team, with a unique opportunity to shape our support functions as we grow and ensure we continue to offer a first-class service to all our schools and that we stay abreast of technological developments in these areas.
- To provide strategic guidance, leadership and management of all the Trust's finances within the scheme of delegation and to advise the CEO and Trustees on all financial matters relating to the Trust in line with the Academy Trust Handbook.
- To be responsible for the delivery of financial support services throughout the Trust, including the management of the Trust's accounting system and controls.
- To be the primary point of contact for all aspects of funding and financial/statutory returns.
- To ensure sound and appropriate financial governance and financial risk management arrangements are in place, prepare and monitor budgets and ensure delivery of annual accounts in accordance with ESFA/DfE guidelines and externally determined deadlines.
- To provide strategic guidance, leadership and management of the Trust's IT provision, keeping abreast of technological developments in IT and challenging where necessary.
- To oversee the Trust's relationships with external IT providers, consultants and contractors.
- To support the CEO and Trust Board in developing the Strategic Plan, with particular focus on shared services of finance and IT.
The successful candidate will be aligned to our core values of equity, collaboration and integrity, have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to challenge when necessary and proven/prior experience of leading and managing teams successfully.
Essential Qualifications / Skills:
- Relevant professional qualification in accounting (e.g. ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or comparable financial experience.
- Minimum 3 years' experience of strategically managing the finances of a medium sized organisation to provide long-term financial planning and cost analysis.
- Experience of managing a successful team.
- Strong organisational and communication skills.
- Ability to generate financial models and concepts and translate them into tangible tactics.
- Friendly, approachable and enthusiastic with a positive 'can do' attitude.
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people in line with the Trust's Child Protection & Safeguarding and related policies
- Professional Development and Training
- Pension Schemes
- Generous Sickness and Holiday / Leave
- Lifestyle and Retail Discounts
- Staff sports & Social Events
- Wellbeing Support