Patrons Manager Jobs in Liverpool
Are you brilliant at developing new relationships and turning them into long term partnerships?
Charity People is delighted to partner with the award-winning Wigan Youth Zone, part of the Onside Foundation. They are looking for a Corporate Partnerships Manager to join the team to develop and maintain significant corporate partnerships, contributing to the sustainability of this important Youth Zone.
Salary: £32,000 per annum
Location: Wigan Youth Zone, WN1 1RU (3 days per week on site)
Contract: 3-year funded contract, Full time, 40 hrs per week but open to flexible working requests including 4 day week and condensed hours.
Brilliant benefits: 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) pro rata. Plus additional leave for length of service. Hybrid work, Birthdays off, Gym access, Training and CPD including First Aid, Safeguarding and Health and Safety, Career development opportunities, Employee Assistance Programme, Cycle to work scheme, Strong team culture, Workplace Pension, Free eye tests, discounted to £2 access to holiday club for WYZ staff.
About the charity:
Since June 2013, Wigan Youth Zone has offered young people from across Wigan the opportunity to meet friends, have new experiences, learn new skills and access the support they need to develop and achieve their potential.
This purpose built, state-of-the-art youth facility is open to all young people across Wigan aged from 8 to 19 (up to 25 with additional needs), striving to offer something for everyone, regardless of their interests or abilities. With almost 15 dedicated areas to choose from including four 40-metre floodlit football pitches, an art room, music room and climbing wall - there's something for everyone at Wigan Youth Zone.
Their aim is to provide the town's young people with somewhere to go, something to do and someone to talk to.
AND… they have been doing a phenomenal job winning several awards recently including the Kings Award for Voluntary Service and The Children and Young People Now, Charity Award.
About the role:
You'll have responsibility for securing significant new corporate partnerships (£12k +) for Wigan Youth Zone as well as provide excellent stewardship and relationship management of existing Patrons and Supporters, ensuring support is renewed. You'll work with the Board of Trustees, the CEO, existing Patrons and the Senior Management Team to generate new leads, secure new corporate partners and long-term financial support. This role is vital to WYZ's long-term plans for sustainability and you'll play a key part in enabling the young people of our borough to lead healthy, happy, and aspirational lives.
We are seeking a strong networker and relationship builder who has a track record of generating significant revenue from companies or high-value account management. You will be a conceptual and creative thinker, and above all will be dedicated to the well-being and empowerment of young people. The ideal candidate will have a strategic mindset, capable of thinking innovatively to drive impactful communications. This is a fantastic opportunity to use your relationship building skills to make a meaningful impact on the lives of young individuals and shape the future of this brilliant Youth Zone.
If this sounds like you and you're passionate about making a difference in the lives of young, please send a copy of your profile or CV in the first instance to Ellen Drummond at Charity People.
Closing date: Monday the 18th December at 9am
Interview: w/c 8th January
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We match charity needs with the skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.
About the PKD Charity
Founded in 2000, we’re the first and only UK charity solely dedicated to improving the lives of an estimated 70,000 individuals and their families affected by polycystic kidney disease (PKD) in the UK.
PKD is a range of life-threatening inherited conditions that can cause kidney failure and affect other organs in the body such as the liver, brain, heart and bowels. Most people with PKD live with an uncertain prognosis, intermittent pain and infections, and then have to undergo life-saving dialysis or transplant in their 50s. A few babies have a rare form of PKD which results in death during pregnancy or shortly after birth; the surviving children often have to have either a kidney or liver transplant before the age of 10.
We provide reliable, accredited information, advice and personalised support. We raise awareness of the burden of PKD, both clinical and psychosocial. We fund research aimed at understanding more about PKD and the discovery of therapies that will improve quality and longevity of life.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for everyone and encourage applications from all sections of the community.
About the role
The role will be joining the small, committed team at the PKD Charity and presents an exciting opportunity for someone to play a key role in helping make a significant difference to people affected by polycystic kidney disease.
You will be responsible for developing and delivery the fundraising strategy and meeting income targets across various income streams including Community and Events, Corporate, Individual Giving, Legacies and Major Donor fundraising.
We are looking for a committed, highly motivated and creative fundraiser who is confident and excited about working across all areas of fundraising and generating income for a small national charity. As the sole fundraiser at the charity, you will be comfortable working independently.
- Lead on the development and implementation of our fundraising strategy which will maximise income generation from a range of sources including Community and Events, Individual Giving, Legacies, Commemorative Giving, Corporate and Major Donor Fundraising.
- Monitor and evaluate the success of all communications and fundraising activity and to use this learning to inform and shape the future of our activity in this area throughout the organisation.
Community and Events Fundraising
- Market and recruit for a programme of national sports and challenge events including the London Marathon and Great North Run. Supporting our participants to achieve their fundraising targets
- Develop and deliver new and existing fundraising events and activities that will engage with the PKD Charity community.
- Secure new income from community audiences through referrals and introductions from existing supporters and sourcing of new funders within the community, including businesses, social groups, clubs and societies, religious groups and schools.
- Recruit, manage, and develop a network of volunteers to support fundraising activities in communities around the UK and help raise awareness of polycystic kidney disease and the charity.
- Manage the ongoing development and implementation of a regular giving strategy, to maximise unrestricted income, recruit new regular givers and reduce attrition rates.
- Work with the team to support the recently launched legacy fundraising and commemorative giving strategy, to maximise income.
Corporate and Major Donor
- Lead on the cultivation and stewardship of supporters, including the account management of partnerships with businesses.
- Work closely with the Chief Executive to develop relationships with major donors and support the development of a major donor programme.
- Ensure that the organisational CRM database usage is optimised to facilitate major donor fundraising.
- Work with other organisations to maximise joint fundraising opportunities.
- Develop and manage the fundraising budget, ensuring efficient allocation of resources
- Create and maintain income pipelines aligned to income targets, prepare reports and contribute to monthly management information.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of the organisation’s supporter CRM database, ensuring efficient and appropriate data capture and data analysis for the purposes of effective stewardship, fundraising and communications
- Record and acknowledge donations appropriately
- Assist with the organisation of PKD Charity support events when required.
- Lead on the creation and ordering of fundraising materials and resources
- Ensure ethical, best practice and compliant fundraising activities; stay up to speed with best practice within fundraising and the charity sector; identify areas of compliance, new areas of opportunity and innovation within the sector
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.