Schooling Support Assistant Volunteer Roles in Leeds
We are looking for a volunteer School Speaker Assistant Coordinator, who can support the running of our school speakers programme. Our school speakers visit schools around the country to talk to students about humanism as part of a broad and balanced education, about religion and worldviews. We receive extremely positive feedback from teachers on our service.
As demand from schools increases, we need somebody who can help carry out some of the key processes to ensure the smooth running of the service. Some of the key activities of the role include:
- Communicating with school speakers and teachers.
- Matching up school speakers with requests from local schools.
- Logging information about visits.
The work can be carried out remotely and will require approx. two hours per week. Experience in using databases (CRM) is beneficial but not essential as induction and periodic updates will be given.
For more information please view the APPLICATION PACK.
To apply for the role, please email volunteers[at]humanists[dot]uk and let us know:
● Who you are, including a little bit about yourself
● Why you are interested in the role
● What you think you’d bring to the role (e,g. your skills and experiences that would be particularly relevant)
● What you’d like to get out of the role
● Any concerns, or extra support you’d need in the role
We hope the application pack contains all the information you will need to decide whether the role is right for you, however, if you have any questions, you are more than welcome to contact the Director of Understanding Humanism at education[at]humanists[dot]uk for more information.
You can read our Recruitment and Promotion and Equal Opportunities policies online.
QMC School, partnered with Quilombo UK is looking for a volunteer personal assistant to join their national volunteering team working from home. This role offers a great opportunity for the right person looking to gain experience as a personal assistant, developing their office-based and management experience, or simply to ‘give back to their community’. The role provides you flexibility, with specific training provided where necessary to help you develop and grow your skill-set.
16 weeks contract.
What will I be doing?
- Managing organisation of meetings and appointment
- Organising events and conferences
- Implementing and maintaining procedures and administrative systems
- Managing databases, Liaising with staff
- Miscellaneous tasks to support the team
- You will need to have good written skills
- Well organised, pro-active and able to deliver tasks efficiently
- Good time management
- To show professionalism at all levels and in all environments
- Strong team player
- Ability to work independently and ask for clarification when needed
- Able to volunteer at least 12 hours a week (2 days, 6 hours each day)
- Committed to working with the community with a passion for helping others less fortunate
- Proficiency in Microsoft and excel
- Will require references
- Own computer or a secure access to one
- Must be UK based and hold UK right to work
The volunteering program with QMC requires a minimum of 21 weeks of commitment. We are looking for someone who can offer 12 hours a week, Monday - Friday.
The administrative assistant will be assisting in general administrative support. They will have a close dialogue with key stakeholders, funders and donors to create relationships to help the organisation move forward.
The requirements for the job is basic office and communicating skills.
The administrative assistant should be keen on learning and developing new skills within the Organisation.
There will be opportunities to develop skills within several different units of the organisation such as; Marketing, Funding, Finance, HR and Legal.
The position will give the volunteer the opportunity to get insight into these different units, and the choice to develop oneself within the one (or several) that becomes of most interest, while at the same time getting versatile, transferable skills that can be applied throughout the organisation.
Contact and communicate with stakeholders - explaining the organisational aims of the organisation and creating relationships and collaboration with other organisations.
Assisting other volunteers in positions such as Marketing, Funding, Finance, HR and Legal.
Microsoft word (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Delivers work of quality in a timely manner
Obtains a professional attitude
Training and Support Available:
Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Development within desired department
The volunteering program with QMC School requires a minimum of 16 weeks of commitment. We are looking for someone who can offer 12 hours a week, Monday - Friday.
Please note that this is a volunteering role.
QMC Capoeira School is looking for a Volunteer Camera Assistant who would love to support a community organisation undertake an international martial arts tournament and Brazilian Cultural Festival Project related work to start ASAP and finish mid – late November.
QMC Capoeira is a martial arts school based in London that has been running since 2006, has academy in Canada and the Dominican Republic and is the most awarded Capoeira School in the UK.
The objective of the role is to:
· Set-up cameras for livestreaming at the venue
· Monitor cameras during the livestream
· Manage cables and wires and areas around cameras to maintain good health and safety
The Studio Camera Assistant will play a critical role in helping to further develop the public profile of our organisation.
The ideal candidate will work in our Kingston office setting up and monitoring the cameras and lighting in the Studio during livestreams.
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Experience with DSLR/Mirrorless cameras
· Experience with professional camcorders (e.g. Sony NX100 or similar)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
· Previous broadcast or live streaming experience
· Previous experience with multicam setup
· Experience with stabiliser rigs
· Experience and knowledge of good lighting setup, arrangements, and techniques, such as 3 point lighting, and the use of diffusers
· Experience of use of HDMI, SDI, and Cat6 cables, extensions, and adapters
· Show professionalism at all levels and in all environments
· Be a strong team player
· Well organized, pro-active, self-starter and able to deliver tasks efficiently.
· Good time-management skills
Having you own camera preferable but not essential.
QMC Capoeira is looking for a Volunteer Public Relations Assistant who would love to support an international competition in Brazilian Cultural Festival Project-related work. To start ASAP and finish mid–late November.
QMC Capoeira is a martial arts school based in London that has been running since 2006, has an academy in Canada and the Dominican Republic and is the most awarded Capoeira School in the UK.
The objective of the role is to:
- Write press releases to partners
- Manage social media content for QMC
- Create and advise QMC on its communication strategies.
· Must possess good verbal and written communication skills
· Tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms
· Knowledge and understanding of online and offline marketing tactics
· Ability to commit to volunteering 12 hours a week for 16 weeks (covering from pre-event to post-event period)
- Committed to maximizing results within a short period of time
- Show professionalism at all levels and in all environments
- Be a strong team player.
- Well organized, pro-active, self-starter and able to deliver tasks efficiently.
- Good time-management skills
Using Anonymous Recruitment
This organisation is using Anonymous Recruitment to reduce bias in the first stages of the hiring process. Our system keeps your personal information hidden until the recruiter contacts you.
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Are you committed to childhood flourishing with an interest in creating stragegies for this to happen?
Godly Play offers spiritually sensitive approaches to learning and living together in a fragile world. We take childhood spirituality seriously, providing training to transform thinking and practice for the whole of life.
A Christian movement, Godly Play seeks to make space for questions about the meaning and purpose of life, through play, wondering, story, exploration and community.
Our small board of trustees supports a group of fifteen part-time trainers offering courses to people working with children in churches of many traditions, in schools and in community settings.
We would like to diversify our board's ethnicity, age and gender. It would be great to have someone with grant-seeking experience and/or communications know how, but we would love to talk to anyone who is interested.
Would you like to join us? Our website offers lots more information.
It is an exciting time to be involved in Scouting, as we develop and progress our Skills for Life strategy, in order to prepare better futures and deliver skills for life to young people who want to access Scouting.
The County Lead Volunteer (County Commissioner) role is an important UK Headquarters appointment within the England Team, responsible for providing inspirational and effective leadership for one of the 60 English Counties. As County Lead Volunteer (County Commissioner) you will take the lead for implementing our 2018-25 strategy with your team of 18 District Commissioners and ensuring they feel motivated and supported to lead the Scout Groups in their Districts to success.
As a County Lead Volunteer you will be able to really develop and hone your leadership skills by managing teams of remote volunteers across the breadth of Hertfordshire. Leading and managing volunteers provides so much more opportunity and experiences than with employees, what you can gain by doing this really well can be a great asset for your professional life as well as in Scouts. The issues and challenges that you find ways to tackle will stretch you as an individual and as a leader and you’ll find yourself discovering new things that you are capable of achieving.
If you get a kick out of seeing things happen, achieving success and making a positive impact to a wide audience then the County Lead Volunteer role definitely provides all of that. In this role you will get to see the difference that Scouts makes to so many young people’s lives across a large area, helping them developing skills for life, fostering friendships and providing so many incredible and unforgettable experiences.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.