Senior Designer Jobs in Belfast
About the role:
This is an exciting new role, leading the new digital team of five in Kinship. We’re developing a new website alongside the delivery of a brand-new training service for kinship carers.
The focus for your team is to build a brilliant website and digital products which meet the needs of our kinship carers and our other key audiences. We’ve already launched Kinship Compass, our online information hub for kinship carers and part of the new website redevelopment will be to create one seamless experience and integrate both.
You’ll manage Content Designers who will create user led content for Kinship Compass (online advice and information) and our training service – creating online content and workshop content. They will work closely with subject experts across the organisation.
You’ll provide digital leadership, increasing our digital capabilities across the organisation by driving innovation. Identifying opportunities to leverage gen AI and machine learning to develop our online services and content.
We’re looking for someone who is curious about using digital to support and enhance our services for kinship carers. And you’ll use data and insight to do that, continually optimising user journeys and experiences.
Our influencing, campaigning, research and policy work is core to changing the system for kinship carers and our new website needs to support the strategic objectives for these audiences. Working with our fundraising team, the right person will support the team to create better supporter journeys.
We have just been awarded the Department for Education contract to deliver high quality training to kinship carers across England. You will work closely with the Advice, Training and Information team to ensure kinship carers are able to book online or face-to-face training through our website without friction.
This is a new role and team so you will need to be someone who is comfortable with a high level of ambiguity and who is able to build high performing and effective teams quickly.
Working collaboratively with colleagues across Kinship and in cross-functional teams will be to be a key strength. You’ll need to be curious, detail orientated with an improvement mindset.
A new Associate Director of Advice, Training and Information will set up and embed a new Knowledge Board, which you will also co-own. The board will develop a new taxonomy which will form the framework for all content (including online) to support kinship carers as they become and live as a kinship carer.
You’ll be supported by an ambitious and supportive executive team and will join a high performing senior management team.
What we’ll offer you
Kinship offers 30 days' annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time) as well as a generous pension scheme. This role is open to flexible working. We have an excellent wellbeing offer including the Employee Assistance Programme and clinical supervision. We will invest in your professional development with training and career development opportunities.
Kinship is committed to championing equality, diversity and inclusion. We believe our work is greatly enhanced by the varied backgrounds, experiences and views represented within our teams. We aim to create inclusive teams, celebrate differences and encourage everyone to join us and be their true self at work. We therefore encourage applications from anyone who fits our values, whatever their religion or belief, sex, gender identity, race, age, sexuality or disability and are actively seeking candidates that can bring real innovation and commitment to us.
This is a fantastic time to join a supportive and well-established team within an organisation with rapid growth ambitions. This role will be what you make it and we’re looking for someone to seize this opportunity!
Please apply by submitting a CV and answering five short questions via BeApplied. Please note that all answers will be viewed anonymously by reviewers and CVs will not be viewed until after this sift has happened. This is the first opportunity to demonstrate your experience and to stand out in the recruitment process. Reviewers will not see all your answers together and will be marking on the strength of the response to each question.
Once this has been completed, all of your application will be reviewed together and discussed by the shortlist panel.
If we invite you for interview, we will ask you to share a portfolio of work (if you have one), please don’t worry if you don’t. You will have a maximum of 250 words per answer.
- Describe how your experience and values are a good fit for this role
- If you were offered the role, what would you prioritise in the first three months and why? Tell us about what you’d need to find out and what would be your approach to the role?
- Describe a time when you’ve developed a new process or system to improve ways of working across teams.
- How would you ensure your team are motivated, high performing and happy in their role?
- When being briefed to produce a digital strategy, what are the key questions you would want answered?
Application deadline: Monday 4 December at 9.00am
1st stage interviews: Friday 8 December 2023 (online)
2nd stage interviews: Tuesday 12 December 2023 (Vauxhall office)
Kinship is the leading charity in England and Wales for kinship carers – relatives and friends who raise children when their parents aren’t able to. We offer kinship carers expert advice as well as financial, legal, practical and emotional support and understanding from the moment they need it, for as long as they need it. We’re always there to help with the complicated and stressful decisions that so many kinship families have to make, as well as to celebrate the good times.
Working alongside kinship carers and the children they raise, with their voice and views at the fore, we build communities of support and give everything we have to fight for each family and their rights, as well as to raise awareness of kinship care and secure better support for all those playing this critical role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Are you a Copywriter who is passionate about social change? Open to learning about the needs of the organisation's audience and someone who wants to create engaging and meaningful content/copy that will truly make a difference.
Position: Copywriter & Content Creator
Location: Hove, Remote or Hybrid
Hours: Full time or 21-35 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 to 36,000 (full-time equivalent) dependent on experience
Closing Date: Wednesday 3rd January 2024 at 5pm
Interviews: 17th-19th January, remotely
You will be responsible for researching, drafting and editing content for Outcomes Stars and their supporting materials as well as creating other written and video content for newsletters, blogs, website and social media.
You will also be part of the team involved in running workshops and focus groups to help us truly understand the key issues, the sectors we’re working within and, most importantly, the people we are aiming to support. You will feed these learnings into content creation and communications planning to create the best possible products.
Responsibilities will include:
- Writing, editing and proofreading Outcomes Star content.
- Taking a participatory and collaborative approach, listening to experts by experience or people who work in services and then reflecting this learning in the content you create.
- Developing creative content (including video) and copy for a wide variety of audiences, formats and purposes.
- Research key issues, sectors or audiences to inform content creation.
- Briefing and working closely with the designer on creation of materials.
- Supporting with the management of our content assets and library, including ensuring assets are kept up to date.
- Supporting with project management across content creation and communications planning, working closely with the Co-ordinator and others as needed.
- Supporting Star development workshops, focus groups and reference groups, by capturing notes and learning.
- Working closely with the Product Lead, Product Team, the Accessibility and Inclusivity Group and others across the organisation.
As Copywriter you will have experience of creating copy and content for a variety of different channels and audiences.
You will also have:
- Ability to create and edit video content using tools such as Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Vimeo, iMovie, Canva or Stream.
- Awareness of accessible language and formats for a wide range of audiences
- A systematic approach, excellent attention to detail and ability to redraft based on feedback
- Experience in briefing graphic designer and other creative partners.
- Awareness of person-centred, strengths-based, and trauma-informed approaches to supporting personal change.
- Laptop and mobile phone provided for work purposes
- Generous pension scheme, flexible working arrangements, employee assistance programme
- 25 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part-time) & additional days at Christmas
- Opportunities for personal development
About the Organisation
The organisation is a values-based Social Enterprise with a vision of a society in which people are enabled to thrive. They help homelessness, health, and social care providers improve services by creating engaging visual tools and promoting collaborative ways of working. We help to enable people to achieve their highest potential, by providing a suite of tools for promoting and measuring personal change called outcomes Stars.
People are the organisations greatest asset and they are committed to creating a happy, healthy, purposeful work environment in which everyone is supported and empowered to do their best work. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new employee is an opportunity for the organisation to bring in a different perspective and strengthen team, and they are always eager to further diversify the organisation.
You may also have experience in areas such as Content Officer, Writer, Freelance Writer, Freelance Copywriter, Senior Copywriter, Marketing Officer, Brand Officer, Content Officer, Advertising Officer, Communications Officer, Digital Officer, Content Creator, Content Creation, Content and Communications, Marketing Content Officer, Digital Marketing Content Officer, Junior Content Officer, Freelance Content Officer, Junior Copywriter, Digital Content, Brand Content, Creative Content Officer, Journalist.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is being advertised by NFP People on behalf of the organisation.