3 Trainee progression coaches jobs
What’s my CV Worth?
How much could you earn in the charity sector? Use our CV checker to find out.Check Now
Smart Works is looking to recruit talented and hardworking Graduates to join our team in September 2022. Now in its fifth year, our Graduate Scheme will give you a unique and practical insight into the workings of a small, dynamic and fast-growing charity.
By joining the Smart Works Graduate Scheme, you will be supporting the team across one of the following areas of our work: Group Operations & Regional Development, Partnerships & Fundraising, or Marketing & Communications.
You will be an integral part of our team, given real responsibility and trust, and will have access to senior management and trustees. You will be an organised, driven and enthusiastic individual, ready to join an organisation where no day is the same. We are looking for someone to hit the ground running and roll up their sleeves, bringing in a fresh perspective and contributing new, exciting ideas on how we can deliver successful projects.
If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment, are passionate about supporting women and show strong interest in working for a charity, then this is an ideal opportunity for you. We’d love to hear from you.
Please apply via the Job Pack. Deadline 12pm on Monday 7th Feb.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
If you have a heart for urban communities and seeing the direction of young people’s lives radically changed, we're looking for you!
We are now recruiting for a Lead Employment Coach for a Spear centre in London, and one in Leeds– a great opportunity to work as part of a Spear team, together with the local church, to deliver the Spear Programme, equipping and empowering unemployed 16 – 24 year olds to overcome barriers to employment and turn their lives around by moving into sustainable work or further education.
Please see the attached job description for more detailed information and head to our website to learn about our culture and values.
- Running group sessions as part of the 6-week Spear Foundation programme, coaching young people in skills and mindsets to help them into work or education
- Delivery of Spear Career, staying in touch with trainees for a year after they finish Spear Foundation, to offer bespoke support and workshops to help them as they apply for jobs, and once they're offered a role, supporting them to stay there
- Networking with local organsations to enrol young people onto the Programme
- Receiving regular feedback to support your own development, and helping to train the Graduate Coach
- Active participation in and support for the church team and mission
- An active Christian, passionate about personally representing the values and beliefs of Resurgo and the partner church.
- Qualifications at degree level or equivalent
- Dynamic and engaging Coach with experience of and enthusiasm for the practice of coaching and training techniques, and a desire to develop as a coach
- A minimum of one years’ experience in training and development design and delivery
- Heart for working with young people and commitment to transforming urban communities
- Effective interpersonal skills and high emotional intelligence with a sense of humour and fun
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
Working requirements, salary & benefits
- Starting salary from £22,000 (Leeds) and from £26,000 (London) dependent on location and experience, plus pension scheme
- Full-time Monday to Friday, 9.30am – 5.30pm
- 25 days annual leave, plus gift days between Christmas and New Year and Bank Holidays
- Occasional evening working required (for events such as termly Spear Celebration evenings and the annual fundraising party).
- Excellent staff development and training opportunities, including attendance on either our Coaching Academy or ‘Coaching for Leadership’ course – a programme of coaching and leadership training (valued at £2,500).
- You will be expected to participate in Spear team events and be integrated in the local church community and Spear Trust, as well as wider Resurgo team events, including prayer meetings and staff conferences.
- We offer an Employee Assistance Programme (a confidential support service for staff) as well as the option to take advantage of Give as you Earn (GAYE)
- A DBS check will be requested in the event of a job offer
The programme is run in partnership with our partner churches and the role may require that the successful applicant joins the partner church congregation. For more information on other Spear roles and partner churches, please get in touch with our People & Culture team.
In 2017 we won the Princess Royal Training Awards which honours employers that have created outstanding training and skills development programmes.
Please head to our jobs portal to apply.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
This is an exciting time to be joining Crisis Client Services as we work towards our Vision to 'End Homelessness' for more of the members we work with. We are a value's driven organisation with members at the heart of what we do.
About the role
As a Structured Coach you will – Working in a psychologically informed way, you will establish an open, trusting and strength based professional relationships with members. Offering high quality coaching, advice and information and motivating members to identify and work through the changes they need and want to make whilst supporting member wellbeing and development of resilience and interpersonal skills.
We are looking for an experienced, skilled and driven person to join the team as a Coach within the Structured Coaching team. You will deliver high quality coaching that enables members to achieve their goal of sustainably ending their homelessness by providing flexible, planned, person-centred support including access to housing, employment and the appropriate learning and skills development both internally and through access to community based specialist services. You will hold a holistic view of a member's journey with us as part of our "one worker, one member' lead working approach.
You may have experience in; You will be joining a highly experienced, motivated and supportive team seeking to improve the quality of life of people experiencing homelessness in London.
We believe diversity is a strength, and our aim is to make sure that Crisis truly reflects the communities we serve. We are actively working towards our organisation being a place where everyone can thrive and make their best contribution to our mission of ending homelessness for good. We know that the more perspectives, voices, and experiences we can bring to this work, the better. We particularly welcome applications from people who have lived experience of homelessness, and people from all marginalised groups, communities and backgrounds.
Working at Crisis
As a member of the team, you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
- Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
- 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
When you join us, you will have the opportunity to join our staff diversity networks, which aim to champion issues across the organisation, enable staff to be their authentic and best selves and contribute to making Crisis a truly diverse organisation.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please click on the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Closing date: Wednesday 26th January 2022 (at 23:59)
We welcome applications from people who identify as neuro diverse and want our recruitment process to be as accessible as possible. If you need us to make an adjustment or provide additional support as you apply for a role, please email our Recruitment team, contact details can be found on our website.