Assistant Management Accountant Jobs in Liverpool
About the Role
To provide a full finance administration support service to the Finance Department of Citizens Advice Liverpool working closely with the Finance Manager. To ensure that accurate and timely financial information is recorded and processed using the Quickbooks accounts system. To assist in the provision of the organisation’s financial management service to ensure Citizens Advice Liverpool operates effectively and is compliant with all legal and sector requirements.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure proper financial management, compliance with internal procedures, legal requirements and Citizens Advice membership requirements.
- Ensure that accurate financial records are maintained.
- Assist with the maintenance of banking, insurance arrangements, salary payments and service agreements.
- Provide relevant information to the Finance Manager to assist with the preparation of financial reports for the Trustee Board, funding applications and funding returns.
- Ensure the raising and payment of invoices, receipts and expenses and associated records are maintained including dealing with queries and credit control.
- Assist in the preparation for annual year-end audit of accounts in conjunction with the Finance Manager, Treasurer and Auditors.
In More Detail
- Process bill payments from bank, and all receipts and record all transactions in a timely and accurate way, using the QuickBooks accounting system,
- Undertake reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- Assist with financial reports to support funding bids.
- Assist in completing funder returns, returns to Citizens Advice and due diligence information for potential funders and partner organisations.
Citizens Advice Liverpool is a charity that provides free, confidential and impartial advice to people who live and work in the city. We depend on a workforce of paid staff and over 120 trained volunteers. We give people the knowledge and the confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem. We are the leading provider of advice and advocacy services in Liverpool and have helped clients with over 106,000 issues in 2022/2023.
CAL have achieved accreditation with the Workplace Wellbeing Charter, showing we are committed to improving the health and wellbeing of our workforce. We've also gained an award for outstanding contribution by an employer to workplace health and wellbeing 2022 by Merseycare NHS Foundation Trust.
We've gained awards from Citizens Advice National recognising our Advising Margainalised Communities Team for championing equity, diversity and inclusion in both 2021 and 2021. We were also named volunteer team of the year in 2022.
As well as a competitive salary CAL also provides access to:
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Hybrid Working Scheme
- Interest free travel loans
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Lifestyles Gym Membership (20% corporate discount)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave pay