Bid Tendering Manager Jobs in Liverpool
We are very excited to be support Career Connect in their recruitment for a Head of Bid Writing.
This position will be working closely alongside the Director of Business Development and Fundraising to utilise business opportunities through tenders and grant opportunities, which align with the charities mission.
You will lead the team in researching, analysing, and identifying funding opportunities. Working collaboratively with the rest of the team and will be responsible for the line management of the bid writer and co-ordinator.
This role is a full-time permanent position that will have hybrid working based in the Liverpool offices two days per week. The salary for this role is paying up to £50000.
At Prospectus we invest in your journey as a candidate and are committed to supporting you with your application. We welcome candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds. Please let us know if we can help you with the application process in any way. We are more than happy to make any reasonable adjustments to enable all interested candidates to apply. If you have any disability and would like assistance with completing an application, please contact Lowenna Lockwood at Prospectus.
If you are interested in applying to the Head of Bid Writing position, please submit your CV in the first instance. Should your experience be suitable, we will send you the full job description and will arrange for a call and/or meeting to brief you on the role. You will then have all the information you need to formally apply. We are looking forward to connecting with you soon.
A rare and exciting opportunity to support the fundraising, strategic development and impact evaluation of a wide range of Charities in the UK, as part of a friendly and supportive consulting team.
Charity Fundraising Ltd provides a comprehensive range of fundraising, strategic consultancy and evaluation services to Charities and other not-for-profit organisations. Established in 2000, our services range from grant and contract bid writing and review, to developing fundraising strategies, developing M&E frameworks and undertaking project evaluations. We also offer a range of strategic support, mentoring and training.
We are seeking an exceptional fundraiser who can offer a strong track record of driving organisational growth in the voluntary sector. A successful track record of experience in two or more of the following areas is essential:
- Achieving major grant funding from trusts, foundations, lottery distributors, public sector agencies or similar.
- Planning and developing successful fundraising strategies and action plans.
- Undertaking voluntary sector project evaluations / developing M&E frameworks.
- Planning and developing successful contract tender submissions.
The role is varied and interesting - managing a portfolio of clients and supporting them directly or strategically with their fundraising, impact evaluation and organisational development. Our consultants are all employees and we work closely together as a supportive team.
Based from home with ad hoc client and team meetings (all travel paid), mostly within England
Benefits include: 24 days paid annual leave (pro rata), 4% employers pension contribution, potential cash / annual leave bonus, CPD budget and paid CPD time.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
If you have experience of Business Development within a charity or people-facing role, this is a brilliant opportunity to develop your career with a fresh-thinking organisation. Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative charity who mobilise volunteers in every corner of Britain to support people in need, the NHS and Social Care systems. We inspire and enable people to give the gift of voluntary service to meet the needs of the day. Through the power of volunteering, we provide one-to-one, group and online services that improve health and wellbeing, resilience, confidence and connections.
We are now looking for a Business Development Lead to join the Business Development team on a full-time, permanent basis.
As a Business Development Lead, you will work under the direction of the Head of Business Development to:
- Increase the number, range and value of contracts and services secured, in line with our strategic objectives
- Build and maintain a range of relevant partnerships to support the winning of new business
- Maintain up-to-date market and academic research available to the team on the CRM or other systems
- Develop and conduct effective business pitches to key decision makers and ensure that they are kept relevant by regular reviews and updates
- Lead on the preparation and writing of tender responses
This is a full-time, permanent role, working 35 hours per week.
What you’ll need
To be considered as a Business Development Lead, you will need:
- Demonstratable relationship and/or stakeholder management experience
- Sales conversations and sales conversion experience
- Financial modelling experience
- Experience of leading on business development opportunities across a charity
- A strong understanding of the Health & Social Care sector with the ability to identify business opportunities
- The ability to conduct PESTLE Analysis, research, and identification of opportunities for development
- Proven experience in preparing and writing successful tender responses
- To be educated to degree level or have experience gained within the voluntary sector or similar industry
What you get in return
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from:
- Salary of £41,970 per annum, plus car allowance
- 26 days’ holiday plus paid statutory Bank Holidays
- Ten weeks’ company sick pay following successful completion of probation
- A great pension scheme
- 2 x Salary Death in Service Benefit, subject to qualification
- Enhanced Family Leave schemes
- An employee benefits package that gives access to an exclusive rewards website to get discounts and cashback online
- A 24-hour doctor line, financial support with dental/optical and other therapies
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme with up to six face-to-face counselling sessions included
- Extensive online and on the job training to ensure you will succeed in your role
- Opportunities to discuss flexible working
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The chance to make a positive, lasting impact that changes lives, communities and society
Royal Voluntary Service is committed to building inclusive and diverse teams across the charity. To find out more about our commitment to EDI, visit our website.
How to apply
Please select the apply button shown to be taken through to the application process. You will need to answer some screening questions as well as uploading your CV. You will be contacted by a member of the team once your application has been reviewed.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be a charity that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective.
Join Royal Voluntary Service and together we can change lives, change communities and change society.
Dates to bear in mind
The closing date for this role is 21st December 2023. However, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Other organisations may call this role BDM, Business Development Manager, Sustainable Solutions Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Regional Client Manager, Area Sales Manager, Territory Sales Manager, Regional Business Manager, or Development Manager.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.