Citizens Advice Volunteer Roles in Edinburgh
Would you like to be part of a friendly and supportive team helping people in the local community? If you enjoy a challenge and gaining new skills this opportunity is for you.
You would be helping to run a charity which helps people in Hertsmere deal with any problems they may face. Last year we advised on over 4,000 enquiries covering a wide range of matters including consumer issues, benefits, debt, housing, employment and family issues. The service is run by a Chief Executive Officer who is supported by paid staff and volunteers. Our services are free at the point of use. We rely on grant funding and individual donations to run the service.
The HR Trustee’s main responsibilities are to:
- Ensure that the HR functions of CAH are conducted within legal requirements and best practice and comply with the standards set by Citizens Advice National
- Advise the Board and CEO on good practice in staffing and HR matters including on recruitment, performance management and policies and procedures
- Advise the CEO on staffing issues, including discipline and grievance
- Advise the CEO and Board on any restructuring including redundancies and TUPE
- The HR Trustee must have experience in HR matters, particularly in respect of employment law.
- CIPD membership and a qualification in employment law are not essential but are desirable
Deadline: 28 February 2024