About Groundwater Relief
Groundwater Relief is a UK registered charity (No. 1167458) that provides technical help to organisations developing and managing groundwater resources for people with insecure or low water access.
We work with a growing team of international groundwater professionals and currently have over 400 registered members. Within the last 5 years Groundwater Relief has undertaken over 100 projects in 23 countries.
We are currently growing a small team of energetic, innovative, technical staff to increase our capacity as an organisation and to better utilize and engage our global membership of groundwater experts with humanitarian and development sectors.
We are seeking to recruit a Fundraising Manager to explore and develop interesting funding opportunities for the charity, working from our office on the Dartington Estate near Totnes. This is a new position within Groundwater Relief (GWR) that requires someone to coordinate all respective fundraising opportunities, and to develop and manage a GWR fundraising strategy that generates funds to further meet our charity objects.
The role will commence in February 2022 with an initial fixed term contract of 12 months. Working hours are between 20-30 hours per week. To be discussed with successful candidates.
The normal working location will be in our offices in Dartington, Devon, UK. Some scope for occasional work from home arrangements could be made for the right candidate.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination, preparation, monitoring and timely compilation of fundraising proposals. to trust and grant making bodies
- Development of a fundraising strategy through understanding GWR’s work.
- Research & Identify funding opportunities among institutional donors, trusts and foundations.
- Identify alignment with GWR’s fundraising strategy and support the assessment and decision-making processes.
- Contribute to the identification of potential relevant international and/or local partners (private sector partners, national and international NGOs, think tanks, academia, etc.) to be included in proposals.
- Contribute to the development of fundraising documents (be it expression of Interests/ Concept Notes/ Proposals) in line with GWR strategy.
- Ensure that contractual obligations (including visibility requirements) and reporting deadlines are known and met.
- Liaise and work with GWR team to write high quality reports, reflecting the progress and status of projects in a transparent, timely and professional manner,
- Coordinate local fundraising activities to build Groundwater Relief’s profile in the South West of England.
- At least one, preferably over three years’ experience of fundraising (preferably associated with WASH or the Environment)
- Experience in developing, writing, and submitting grant applications and proposals.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentations).
- Excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills, proven ability to build, manage and develop key stakeholder, client and donor relationships.
- Highly self-motivated and able to drive initiatives forwards in collaborating with others.
- Enjoys working in a dynamic team environment.
- Committed to understanding and supporting the vision, values and ethos of Groundwater Relief
- Passion for bringing about change, specifically: to improve water supply for those lacking safe access; and sustainable environmental management of water resources.
- Fluency in English.
- International development experience and knowledge
- Corporate partnership fundraising experience
- Digital fundraising experience
- Salary of £26,000 to £34,000 per annum (depending on experience and adjusted pro-rata)
- 23 days holiday plus public holidays (adjusted pro-rata for non-FTE)
- 4.5% Employer Pension Contribution
How to apply
Please send a covering letter, CV and two references by the 21st January 2022. Interviews will be held shortly after this.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
My client is a highly rated and ambitious NHS organisation who is looking for some support in the finance team for the next 3-6 months to cover a busy period of time and year end
The main purpose of the role will be to provide managerial support to the Financial Accounts Manager and act as a deputy as and when required, for the operation of the Financial Accounts Department. You will take individual responsibility for the delivery of the department’s objectives as well as providing support for the team.
You will also be individually responsibility for managing and delivering complex financial projects, as directed by the Head of Financial Services and Planning and the Financial Accounts Manager and Corporate Accountant.
This is a key role in the finance team and needs someone with varied financial accounting experience as well as a can do attitude and the ability to react and change priorities at short notice
There is the potential for this role to turn in to a permanent opportunity for the right person as there is a lot going on at the Trust at the moment where professional and ambitious candidates would be very much welcomed