Dementia Trainers Jobs in Liverpool
Closing date: 21st December
Contract: This is a fixed term contract for 12 Months.
Location: This is homebased/remote role but must be prepared to travel to Plymouth office to support critical weeks for testing and training
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced finance professional to use your skills and analytical expertise to help address the biggest health issue in the UK today.
We are seeking an experienced and skilful qualified accountant to join us as our new Transactional Processing Transformation Lead.
You will support the Finance Transformation Programme which includes implementing a new Finance System, Unit4 ERPx. The Transaction Processing Transformation Lead will be part of the Purchase to Pay (P2P), Order to Cash (O2C) and Expenses Workstreams during the user acceptance testing (UAT) and system deployment phases. This role will support the Society’s Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions as they engage in testing and adopting the changes the new system and processes will bring.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing a transactional team and/or have significant experience of Purchase to Pay, Order to Cash and Record to Report using/embedding a modern ERP system. They will also be a team player with excellent people skills.
This is a homeworking role, but must be able to travel to office in Plymouth to support the local team during critical weeks for training and go-live (hotel and travel expenses will be covered). You may also be required to travel to attend some meetings and team-days, so you must reside in the UK, have the correct right to work documents to work in the UK and be comfortable/willing to travel to our flagship offices.
Please ensure you apply with your most updated CV and a supporting statement on why you believe you would be the most suitable individual for this position.
- Ideally be immediately available.
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified (or equivalent) is essential.
- Experience and knowledge of Unit4 ERPx or equivalent cloud-based system.
- Experience managing a transactional processing team, covering AP, AR and Banking.
- Experience of working within the charity sector is preferred but not essential.
- Experience of business transformation projects impacting the finance processes.
- Excellent and professional communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to confidently promote and manage change and to communicate effectively across both business and IT stakeholders.
- Ability to train and coach in the use of an ERP system in relation to associated transactional processes.
- Excellent IT skills and extensive experience/knowledge on using Microsoft packages.
- Work collaboratively and be able to prioritise your workload effectively.
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills.
- Excellent organisational skills and great attention to detail.
- Advocate for Alzheimer’s Society, demonstrating passion and resilience to make a difference.
- Be a self-starter and incredibly motivated.
About Alzheimer's Society
At Alzheimer's Society, we believe passionately that life doesn't end when dementia begins. We are here for anyone affected by dementia, and we do everything we can to keep people with dementia connected to their lives and the people who matter most.
Everything we do is shaped by people affected by dementia. Their knowledge and experience are critical to bringing about real-world solutions. From choosing the most promising research through to telling their stories to raise awareness; they are the heart of this organisation.
If you have experience of Business Development within a charity or people-facing role, this is a brilliant opportunity to develop your career with a fresh-thinking organisation. Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative charity who mobilise volunteers in every corner of Britain to support people in need, the NHS and Social Care systems. We inspire and enable people to give the gift of voluntary service to meet the needs of the day. Through the power of volunteering, we provide one-to-one, group and online services that improve health and wellbeing, resilience, confidence and connections.
We are now looking for a Business Development Lead to join the Business Development team on a full-time, permanent basis.
As a Business Development Lead, you will work under the direction of the Head of Business Development to:
- Increase the number, range and value of contracts and services secured, in line with our strategic objectives
- Build and maintain a range of relevant partnerships to support the winning of new business
- Maintain up-to-date market and academic research available to the team on the CRM or other systems
- Develop and conduct effective business pitches to key decision makers and ensure that they are kept relevant by regular reviews and updates
- Lead on the preparation and writing of tender responses
This is a full-time, permanent role, working 35 hours per week.
What you’ll need
To be considered as a Business Development Lead, you will need:
- Demonstratable relationship and/or stakeholder management experience
- Sales conversations and sales conversion experience
- Financial modelling experience
- Experience of leading on business development opportunities across a charity
- A strong understanding of the Health & Social Care sector with the ability to identify business opportunities
- The ability to conduct PESTLE Analysis, research, and identification of opportunities for development
- Proven experience in preparing and writing successful tender responses
- To be educated to degree level or have experience gained within the voluntary sector or similar industry
What you get in return
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from:
- Salary of £41,970 per annum, plus car allowance
- 26 days’ holiday plus paid statutory Bank Holidays
- Ten weeks’ company sick pay following successful completion of probation
- A great pension scheme
- 2 x Salary Death in Service Benefit, subject to qualification
- Enhanced Family Leave schemes
- An employee benefits package that gives access to an exclusive rewards website to get discounts and cashback online
- A 24-hour doctor line, financial support with dental/optical and other therapies
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme with up to six face-to-face counselling sessions included
- Extensive online and on the job training to ensure you will succeed in your role
- Opportunities to discuss flexible working
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The chance to make a positive, lasting impact that changes lives, communities and society
Royal Voluntary Service is committed to building inclusive and diverse teams across the charity. To find out more about our commitment to EDI, visit our website.
How to apply
Please select the apply button shown to be taken through to the application process. You will need to answer some screening questions as well as uploading your CV. You will be contacted by a member of the team once your application has been reviewed.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be a charity that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective.
Join Royal Voluntary Service and together we can change lives, change communities and change society.
Dates to bear in mind
The closing date for this role is 21st December 2023. However, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Other organisations may call this role BDM, Business Development Manager, Sustainable Solutions Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Regional Client Manager, Area Sales Manager, Territory Sales Manager, Regional Business Manager, or Development Manager.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.