Fundraising Events Organiser Jobs in Liverpool
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding individual to join APF as a Support Networks Manager as we take the organisation through a significant period of development and growth.
Action for Pulmonary Fibrosis is a dynamic and energetic charity with a strong purpose and values (compassionate, expert and bold). Your leadership, coordination and active involvement will embody these values: influencing, supporting and driving change through networks to better meet the needs of people affected by pulmonary fibrosis. You’ll ensure that the voices and needs of people affected by this devastating condition are at the heart of everything you do, and you’ll prioritise those who are least well heard.
What you will do:
• Extend our reach to the widest range of people with PF and families across the UK, actively supporting and guiding your team in fruitful partnerships with support groups and healthcare professionals and in regional events, and personally leading our communication with those groups where it is coordinated nationally.
• Support and guide your team to nurture a thriving, comprehensive PF support group network across the UK so that everyone affected by PF in the regions has access to high quality support.
• Enable people affected by PF across the UK to access the best possible care and support from the NHS, APF and other relevant providers, ensuring effective collaboration with our national policy work and being bold with trying out new approaches to influencing in the regions
• Help join the dots between the regions and nationally organised functions of APF for maximum impact on the lives of people affected by PF
You will need:
- Outstanding people, influencing, networking and communication skills
- A track record of building strong partnerships (especially with the NHS)
- Passion for amplifying the voices of people with lived experience, prioritising those who are least well heard
- Experience of support groups and/or volunteering
- A good track record of empowering people management
- An understanding of the challenges of life with pulmonary fibrosis (personal experience of PF is very helpful but not essential)
- Strong IT skills for a modern digital workplace
- Highly organized, planning, prioritising and driving your team’s workload
- To work flexibly; can drive and regularly travel across the UK, including occasional weekends and evenings
Why join us?
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to benefits as one of our employees.
• Make a difference to the lives of those that are affected by Pulmonary Fibrosis
• Inclusive and supportive culture
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (increasing with longer service)
• Company Pension Scheme
• Training and development
• Employee assistance programme
• Hybrid working (Equipment provided to work from home)
If you are interested in applying, you will need to provide the following:
- a supporting statement explaining how you meet the criteria in the person specification. This should be no more than two sides of A4, font size 11.
- a completed equal opportunities form
- your CV
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.