Starfish Health and Wellbeing currently runs a project ‘Wolverhampton Social Hub’ to support unemployed or economically inactive adults within Wolverhampton to improve their employability.
Title: Social Hub Worker
Hours: 20hrs per week
Contract: Fixed term until end of May 2020
Salary: £19.000 per annum (pro-rata)
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to represent this project, supporting the development of Social Hubs in community venues in Wolverhampton. The Social Hubs will be for people to share interests, build skills and reduce social isolation.
Duties will include:
- Overseeing a user-led programme of group activities for The Social Hub members to participate in. Activities facilitated will encompass, maintain and improve social, leisure, cultural, recreational, creative, communication, educational, and vocational skills.
- Encouraging and enabling service users to overcome the barriers they experience to social interaction and assist them in taking responsibility for their own social life.
- Developing a therapeutic relationship which is conducive to the Hub members reaching their full potential within stated goals set out by them at their initial assessment.
You will need experience of working with people who have suffered with a mental health problem for at least 2 years, along with a high standard of written communication and excellent interpersonal skills. Applicants must have a good understanding of the voluntary sector and demonstrate empathy and a non-judgemental approach.
Closing date for completed applications: 29th September 2019
Please click the 'Apply Now' button for more information on how to complete your application.
Starfish Health and Wellbeing is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. All Post holders are subject to a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure.
Starfish Health and Wellbeing is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
We only accept our completed applications.
No CVs or agencies please.
Partnership for Children is a UK based charity that helps children and young people throughout the world to be mentally and emotionally healthy. Over 1.8 million children around the world have taken part in our programmes.
We are looking to recruit a Programme Officer to develop and support our school based mental health programmes in the UK. The Programme Officer's main responsibilities will include:
- Developing and supporting our mental health promotion programmes in the UK
- Organising our training programme and delivering training as needed
- Marketing our UK programmes to primary schools and representing the organisation
- Leading and developing our social media presence
Essential skills for this post include: experience and/or understanding of child development and mental health promotion; experience of presenting/delivering training; experience of monitoring and evaluation and excellent IT and administration skills. You will need to be willing to travel around the UK (with some overnight trips) and a driving licence would be desirable. The successful candidate would join our small, friendly team of six based in Kingston upon Thames.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.