We are a registered charity dedicated to improving the quality of life for the people of Cambridgeshire. We awarded over £3.8m grants in 2020/21 but we need support to do more.
We work with many partners to:
- Actively inspire philanthropy & increase permanent resources for Cambridgeshire
- Invest in important community programmes through grants
- Provide leadership on critical community issues
Over the past 18 months we have taken a leading role in response to the Coronavirus pandemic. CCF created the Cambridgeshire Coronavirus Community Fund, which raised and dispersed over £1.3m to projects tackling the impacts of the pandemic.
And that's on top of our normal work. We are an accredited member of the UK Community Foundation Network and have been supporting Cambridgeshire and Peterborough since 2004.Our unique approach is based upon empowering communities to identify how to enact positive change from the ground up. Last year we awarded almost £3.8 million to support our local communities and address need across our county.
The postholder will develop promotional campaigns, content, press coverage, social media content, digital communications, and marketing resources, working closely with the CEO, HoP and Grants team. This will inspire greater support for CCF and its work through a targeted programme of supporter engagement, stakeholder communications and brand building.
This post is a new role and will build on a strengthening profile for CCF, with a focus on target segments of corporates, High Net Worth individual donors, trusts and community fundraising.
- A new role to develop and implement CCF’s marketing & communications strategy
- Develop effective communications and marketing activities to promote CCF and engage with a wide range of stakeholders and new donors
- Build on CCF’s current profile to significantly grow profile and reach a broader audience and supporters
- Support the CEO and HoP to develop a donor pipeline by researching new opportunities and markets including private donors, corporate, professional advisor firms
- Create impactful marketing campaigns and resources to enable reach to these targets
- Support the Grants & Operations Manager to continuously improve CCF’s donor communications and to demonstrate impact
- Lead on specific marketing, communication, and events projects as and when required
- Create and add content to, curate and manage CCF’s website (a new one is under development and will require content creation and updating) to ensure that it is impactful, up-to-date, relevant, informative, accessible and user friendly
- Create marketing resources and content to help grow income streams with current donors, new donors, and securing legacies from current and potential donors
- Maximise the impact of CCF’s work and develop its brand through the planning, development, and delivery of internal and external communications through channels including website, newsletters, digital marketing, social media, and publications
- Ensure CCF branding is impactful, effective and is reflected consistently in all formats of communication throughout CCF
- Prepare and disseminate press releases to promote CCF and funded projects
- Support the CEO in developing CCF’s fundraising resources and community fundraising campaigns in partnership with local media
- Create content and lead the strategic use of social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and others) and support colleagues in their use
- Support the Marketing & Communications Committee, HoP and colleagues in the creation of successful events, leading on promotion, organisation and marketing
- Work with the grants team to develop fund reports, case studies and e-bulletins which are targeted to potential grant applicants and other stakeholder groups
- Work with the Grants & Operations Manager to promote CCF’s impact through impact reports, case studies, local media interaction, partnerships, and social media
- Support colleagues in enabling their own communication activities with blogs, social media support, copy writing and design
- Lead on promotion of the Friends of CCF scheme to recruit new Friends
- Work in accordance with the values, policies, and procedures of CCF.
- Work withing CCF’s performance management approach including setting & reviewing progress against objectives, training and other personal development as required.
- Assist the CEO in maintaining a strong relationship with the Board of Trustees, attending relevant board and Committee meetings.
- Promote equal opportunities (in terms of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, and other forms of discrimination) throughout all aspects of CCF’s work.
- The post will require occasional travel across Cambridgeshire and occasionally other UK locations.
- The post holder will need to be flexible and adaptable and undertake such duties as may be reasonably requested from time to time by the CEO.
- Undertake any other duties which may, from time to time, be necessary to further the work of CCF
Attitudes, values and personal qualities
- Commitment to the mission and values of CCF and its role in promoting effective philanthropy, providing a service for major donors, and improving the lives of people and communities in Cambridgeshire - tackling inequality and overcoming disadvantage
- Passion for charity marketing & communications to raise awareness with donors, the community, and stakeholders
- Positive, resilient, and supportive of others
- Commitment to the principles of equal opportunities and respecting diversity
- At least two years’ experience of a marketing or communications role, whether through employment or voluntary work.
- Experience of creating content for various channels including website, social media, and marketing materials
- Experience of copy writing and digital marketing
- Experience of website content managements systems, ideally WordPress
- Hands-on provision of marketing, communications, and PR activities
- Experience of organising and promoting events
- Experience of community fundraising and appeals
- Knowledge of voluntary and community sector
- Experience of marketing to the corporate sector, local government, or high net worth individuals
- Experience of design, development of brand reach and impact
Qualifications & skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and personal integrity
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent IT skills, including website development, CMS, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, customer relationship management systems and communications tools.
- Experience of using social media in a professional/organisational environment.
- Good lateral thinking skills and an ability to develop creative strategies to engage donors and prospective donors in our word
- Ability to carry out research and present timely and relevant information
- Ability to develop a new role, organise time and work priorities, self-motivated, self-administrating and using initiative
- Ability to develop effective working with the CEO, colleagues, and wider stakeholders
- Ability to work as a member of a team, including a shared responsibility for motivating self and others
- Prepared to work in a blended way of home working with a base in our office in Cambridge. Also, to be able to travel around Cambridgeshire as occasionally required.
- In order to access the office, which is on Marshall’s airport site, all staff must complete DBS and security checks in order to obtain a security pass.
We treat everyone equally.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.