3 New hospice delivery and site service operations director jobs
What’s my CV Worth?
How much could you earn in the charity sector? Use our CV checker to find out.Check Now
Role: Director of Income Generation and Marketing (DIGaM)
Salary: £64k- £70k pa (Grade SMT)
Hours: 37.5 per week, core hours 08.30am – 5pm
Closing date: 4 February 2022 (5PM)
Interviews; 16 February 2022, if required, second interviews 28 February 2022
St Catherine’s Hospice is a local charity with a big ambition: to help everyone face death informed, supported and pain free. Providing expert hospice care alongside statutory services, we’re here for people in West Sussex and East Surrey when life comes full circle.
After years of voluntary income and services growth working more expansively alongside NHS partners, the pandemic has undeniably impacted our forward momentum exactly at a time when the quality of death and dying are much in the public mind.
While our Income Generation Directorate has demonstrated real resilience throughout this last two year period, this exciting leadership role centres on developing brilliant fundraising, marketing, communications and retail staff /volunteer teams all the while positively articulating the case for support for both our revenue AND our capital need. Working as a member of our senior management team reporting to the Chief Executive, you will deliver and grow sustainable charitable income at scale as we build back from Covid impacts, grow our services AND press ahead with the transition to our new hospice home two miles away at Pease Pottage – a world class new facility offering local people a beacon for outstanding hospice care and support. A larger facility from which we plan to deliver more hospices services.
If you’re an experienced and values driven, audience-focussed, digital savvy fundraising professional excited by the opportunities of charity retail and who is passionate about data led, multi-media efforts to connect people, organisations and stakeholders with our cause through being a first-class, inspirational leader, then we’d love to hear from you.
We care in communities in Surrey and Sussex which are richly diverse and we want to reflect that in everything we do. We celebrate and support difference and welcome applications from all backgrounds. If you believe in the importance of what we do, share our values and want to be a part of an outstanding team building something important, we’d love to hear from you.
This post is offered on a full-time basis, working 37.5 hours per week (flexibility will be considered). The post-holder is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid -19 or medically exempt.
Employees at St Catherine’s Hospice can enjoy a variety of benefits including:
27 days holiday, increasing to 32 following successful probationary period + public holidays
Option to buy or sell up to 1 week of annual leave
Day off for volunteering
Day off for moving house
Blue Light Card
Cycle to work scheme
Eye test vouchers
Generous Pension – Up to 9% employer contributions or honour NHS pension
Enhanced maternity/adoption pay
Pay enhancement of unsocial hours
Wellbeing Supervision (aka clinical supervision)
Career pathway and progression
We are currently located in Malthouse Road, Crawley, West Sussex, which is within commuting distance from Brighton and London and just a five minute walk from Crawley railway station. We will move to Pease Pottage in late 2023.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Finance and Commercial Director
We are looking for a senior leader to take on strategic responsibility for the finance and commercial strategies for a group of Hospices who are leaders in compassionate end of life care.
Position: Finance and Commercial Director
Salary: £68,000 - £72,000 per annum
Location: Coventry and/or Warwick with possible travel to other sites
Contract: Full time, permanent
Benefits: 10% employer pension contribution, 31 days annual leave excluding statutory holidays, death in service benefit, free on-site parking, flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week, access to Blue Light Card benefits, free Employee Assistance Programme
Closing date: 26th January 2022
About the role:
As Finance and Commercial Director you will ensure the financial sustainability and effective strategic leadership of The organisation and actively develop and monitor the cost-effective delivery of commercial strategies in line with their aim to grow patient and family services across Coventry and Warwickshire.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Develop and lead the financial strategy and the financial aspects of any strategic projects for the organisation
- Provide the CEO, Senior Leadership Team, Finance and Audit Committee and Board of Trustees with financial reports, forecasts and analysis
- Develop and maintain financial, commercial and growth strategies
- Write and review policies and procedures relating to all financial and commercial activity
- Oversee the effective operation and development for all accounting functions
- Produce monthly management accounts and finance reports
- Plan, develop and implement commercial strategies
- Undertake market research to identify opportunities to generate new revenue and analyse threats and opportunities
- Identify opportunities to apply for social investment
As Finance and Commercial Director you will have extensive experience at a senior level, ideally within a non-profit/charity. You will also bring with you the following skills and experience:
- CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA Qualified Accountant
- Understanding of and working within legal and governance frameworks
- Experience of identifying opportunities for investment and being able to produce robust and well researched business plans
- Identifying, researching and developing commercial opportunities
- Overseeing financial audits
- Multi-departmental financial and cash-flow forecasting
- Significant budget development and direction setting experience
- Knowledge of financial legislation relevant to Charities (including SORP)
- Payroll and pension legislation and best practice
- Excellent finance based IT skills including advanced excel and ideally SAGE 200 or similar
Please note: in line with recent legislation, successful applicants for this vacancy will be required to have received two doses of an approved Covid 19 vaccination by 1st April 2022, unless medically exempt.
You may also have experience as Finance, Finance Director, Head of Finance, Director, Finance Manager, Operation Director, Finance Controller, Financial, Financial Controller, Head of Accounts, Accounting, Chief Finance Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Financial Director, Finance & Commercial Director, Director of Commercial Finance, Commercial Finance Manager, Commercial Director, etc.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Complementary Therapist to join our multi-disciplinary Family Support team, providing complementary therapy to life-limited children and families accessing Shooting Star Children’s Hospices. The post holder will be responsible for maintaining and developing the Complementary Therapy service.
The successful applicant will join a large and vibrant Family Support Team, who work together holistically, maximizing a multitude of skills and knowledge to ensure the best outcomes for families. The team is creative in meeting the demands of an ever-changing landscape, with opportunities to identify new areas of need and develop initiatives. Both hospice sites have counselling and purpose-built therapy rooms. The resources and delivery of care at SSCH are recognized as outstanding and we look forwards to welcoming a new therapist to complement our team.
Complementary Therapist Responsibilities:
(Including, but not limited to)
• To maintain and co-ordinate the Complementary Therapy Service for SSCH.
• To triage and risk assess referrals, prioritising these appropriately according to risk and informing families of the wider services that may be relevant.
• Assess, plan and provide individual complementary therapy treatment programmes through consultation with the child if appropriate, members of the family and the multi-professional team both internally and externally.
• Careful consideration of appropriate aims for complementary therapy programs, with continual review of outcomes.
• Support and guide parents in massaging babies and children.
• Plan and deliver complementary therapy groups for children and care staff, or for groups of families.
• Demonstrate safe clinical practice in relation to the applied therapy (e.g., Aromatherapy and Massage, Reflexology and Indian Head Massage).
• Safe assessment, design and use of Aroma sticks with children and family members.
• Maintain awareness of current developments in complementary therapies and their implications for practice. To contribute to the development of evidence-based practice and be involved in research where appropriate.
Complementary Therapist Requirements:
The successful applicant will be registered with the CNHC, with at least two years post-qualification experience. This should include work in a healthcare setting with families, and those who have suffered loss/bereavement.
The post will be based at Christopher’s but will also need to travel frequently to Shooting Star House, as well as in the community across our catchment area. The post holder is required to be a car owner and driver.
Please note that appointment will be subject to DBS clearance.
Due to the location of the role all new employees will need to be fully COVID vaccinated and provide evidence of their vaccination status.
Shooting Star Children’s Hospices is a leading children’s hospice charity caring for babies, children and young people with life-limiting conditions, and their families. Alongside counsellors, children’s psychological therapists, family support workers, social workers and our nursing teams, the post holder will work holistically and collaboratively to enable families to improve their psychological and physical health, promoting wellbeing.
Location: Guildford, Surrey
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time Flexible, 37.5 per week (this post could be agreed as 30 hours)
Salary: £30,191 - £39,568 per annum
Benefits: include on-site car parking and generous holiday allowance
Closing date: Thursday 17th February 2022
You may have experience of the following: Complementary Therapist, Reflexology, Occupational Therapist, Massage, Aromatherapy, Homeopathy, Alternative Health, Healthcare, Alternative Therapy, etc.
Ref: 106 342