Pr Assistant Jobs in Belfast
Closing date: 2nd January
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Are you passionate about providing support to people affected by dementia through high quality information?
Alzheimer’s Society is looking for an ambitious editorial assistant who will be an integral part of our busy and creative Publishing team.
You will primarily be responsible for managing the production of print publications. This will involve building relationships with editors, freelance designers and our print supplier to make sure content is of high quality and delivered on time.
Your other duties will include proofreading content in print and other formats across Alzheimer’s Society’s multi-channel information programme. Working closely with colleagues across various publishing functions, you will also focus on continuous improvement of team processes and communications.
This is an exciting opportunity to grow your career, learning specialist skills and gaining valuable experience along the way.
We’re looking for someone who can work well within an established team, as well as having the initiative and ability to work independently.
With existing experience of coordinating complex projects with tight timelines, you will be extremely organised, flexible and solution oriented. You will also be a great communicator who demonstrates empathy and leadership.
As an assistant editor, high levels of attention to detail, impeccable grammar and spelling, and audience awareness are a must. Experience of working with style guides is desirable.
Crucially, you will be committed to putting the needs of people affected by dementia at the heart of our information provision.
About Alzheimer's Society
At Alzheimer's Society, we believe passionately that life doesn't end when dementia begins. We are here for anyone affected by dementia, and we do everything we can to keep people with dementia connected to their lives and the people who matter most.
Everything we do is shaped by people affected by dementia. Their knowledge and experience are critical to bringing about real-world solutions. From choosing the most promising research through to telling their stories to raise awareness; they are the heart of this organisation.
JOB TITLE: Marketing Lead
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Leadership Team
REPORTS TO: Director of Organisational Development.
LOCATION: Dorset with home working
SALARY: FTE £40,175 per annum (£24,430 pro-rata for working 22.5 hours per week)
HOURS: 22.5 hours per week
Help & Care is passionate about making a difference and enabling people and communities to live the lives they choose.
We do this by delivering a number of high-profile services across South Central England and have been doing this for over 30 years.
We are particularly focused on providing support to people living with a long-term health condition, carers and those who are isolated or housebound. What makes us different is our person-centred approach. We understand that each individual has different needs, so we work closely with people to understand what really matters for them and to help them lead independent and fulfilling lives for as long as possible.
We are eager to play a leading role in improving the delivery of health services for the community and we work closely with 3 individual Healthwatch organisations across South England. This partnership ensures that health services are held accountable and the views of the people who use and need these services most are given a platform to have their voices heard.
We support people by providing information, advice and support that enables them to take control of their lives, make decisions and find support that is right for them.
Help & Care have a strategic priority to improve their marketing and communications activity in order to raise our profile and support more people. As part of this we have created a senior role of Marketing Lead, responsible for creating and executing strategic marketing and communications activities and steadily increasing awareness and engagement with Help & Care across all channels.
We encourage applications from people who have most but not necessarily all of our essential criteria. We are committed to supporting and developing our staff.
Help & Care have an excellent reputation as a service provider and therefore the purpose of this role is to help shape Help & Care’s identity and to further build reputation through branding, awareness and reach.
The Marketing Lead will work to drive cross-channel visibility for Help & Care, to demonstrably support the values of the organisation and to work in a self-driven, inter-departmental way at all levels from strategy to detailed execution of plans.
The postholder will take responsibility for reviewing our ambitious marketing strategy, completing and implementing this in order to significantly grow our impact, reach and brand awareness.
Strategy & Oversight
1. To review our marketing strategy in conjunction with key internal stakeholders an ambitious and effective marketing strategy and to oversee the implementation of this plan.
2. Communications – crafting a consistent narrative across all of Help & Care’s external messaging.
Campaigns & Content
1. Planning and developing campaigns and content in order to raise awareness, understanding, interest, engagement, and growth amongst key audiences for Help & Care.
2. Working in a collaborative way to design and deliver campaigns and content across digital and traditional channels ensuring all communications are engaging, accessible and consistent.
1. Develop and implement a multi-channel, year round digital marketing growth strategy that ensures Help & Care are consistently reaching more people for their service delivery, campaigning, profile raising and fundraising activities.
2. Design, implement and evaluate successful digital marketing campaigns on full range of channels – LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook - ensuring they are engaging, accessible and consistent.
Website and E-Marketing
1. Refreshing content on website to greater support visitor journeys and enable collection of visitor data.
2. Improve and develop the user experience on the website, linking robustly to other channels.
3. Manage the delivery of e-marketing campaigns, ensuring Help & Care improve retention and outcomes.
Press and PR
1. Acting as Help & Care’s point of contact for all media inquiries, including preparing press releases, and cultivating Help & Care’s relationship with journalists.
2. Develop and nurture relationships with media, influencers and stakeholder partners.
- Provide line management to Help & Care’s Marketing Assistant, ensuring high quality and encouraging support and guidance.
- Manage the workload of the Marketing Assistant, ensuring delegation of appropriate tasks.
1. Act as key point of contact and expert advisor in all things marketing and external communications.
2. To develop an effective process for managing Help & Care print and digital requirements and requests from all teams, maintaining excellent customer service and ensuring consistency of branding at all times.
3. To ensure a cross-organisational approach to marketing and communications.
4. To undertake research using appropriate tools, analytics and data sources to create reports and recommendations which drive continuous improvement
5. To develop a consistent narrative, language and brand consistency for Help & Care across all channels.
6. To ensure that legal notices, disclaimers and copyright information is used as appropriate and all Help & Care content is fully compliant.
8. Events – developing and leading on events both on-line and in communities supporting the work and profile of the organisation
9. To undertake other work that may arise on a day-to-day basis to support the service
10. Working in tandem with the Internal Communications post holder, ensuring consistency in tone and message.
11. To work within the values, ethos and vision of Help & Care.
12. To work in accordance with the Policies and Procedures of Help & Care.
13. To work in accordance with all relevant legislation.
14. To undertake any other duties as required, appropriate to the post.
Carry out other such duties as may be required by the Leadership Team, Chief Executive and Trustee Management Board which are consistent with the duties and responsibilities of the post.
The working week shall be 22.5 hours during standard office hours over 3 days (to be agreed with line manager.) The postholder may be required to work occasional evenings or weekends to attend events and meetings, for which time off in lieu will be granted.
The nature of the job will require the ability to travel. If the post-holder’s own car is used for travel, expenses will be paid as set by the Trustee Management Board.
There will be an assessment of competence to practice during induction and 6-month probation period.
The other conditions of service and current procedural agreements will be enclosed with the post-holders Contract of Employment.
The post holder will be required to have broadband to be able to work from home.
*This role is based in East Dorset which includes BCP and Purbeck areas. The postholder can claim the full cost of business travel within this geographical area and/or to a place outside of the geographical area.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Contract: Fixed Term Contract for 12 months
Hours: 37 hours per week (1fte)
Salary: Grade D, salary range £32,359 to £36,698, depending upon experience, plus 8% employer pension contribution
We are looking to hire a Senior Communications Officer to join our Communications and PR team to assist the development and delivery of the regional communications and PR strategy, ensuring Butterfly Conservation’s messages and campaigns are effective across all regions.
Working closely with regional teams and branches, you will have a passion for delivering engaging content with a good understanding of conservation and fundraising communications and PR. Proven exceptional written and oral communication skills are required, along with the ability to develop effective working relationships with both internal and external contacts.
If you are excited about the prospects of working for a leading wildlife charity, please read through the job description and person specification, to see if you have the right skills to join the team.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Closing date: Midday on Wednesday 13 December 2023
Interviews will take place on Friday 5 January 2024
We believe our work has never been more important.
Wildlife is in steep decline across the UK and over three-quarters of butterflies and two-thirds of moths are declining. We recognise it needs a great team with a wide variety of skills to tackle the problems facing butterflies, moths, and the environment.
Our staff and volunteers are proud to be part of Butterfly Conservation and are dedicated to making a difference to the environment we live in. We understand the importance of maintaining and expanding our expert and valued team of people and offer a range of roles located all over the UK, from the peat bogs in Scotland to the post room in Dorset.
You may also have experience in the following: Communications Manager, Communications Officer, Digital Officer, Membership Officer, Project Management, Internal Communications, CRM, Marketing Assistant, Marketing Executive, Marketing Officer, Communications Executive, Communications, Marketing Management etc.