Purchasing Assistant Jobs in Belfast
Directorate: Corporate Services
Responsible to: Finance Transactions Manager
Travel required:Home based, with frequent travel to Salisbury office, occasional travel to London office and other UK locations.
Role outline and purpose
Accountable for the accurate and timely processing of financial information in line with the Trust’s systems and keeping records in good order. The role provides quality information and compliant service to support strategic decision making and build a solid foundation for an evolving organisation.
· Process payments and maintain purchase ledger - process expenses, invoices and other payments in XLedger for payment in a timely and accurate manner and reviews supplier statements and outstanding items regularly and efficiently.
· Compliance and internal controls - Ensure relevant authorisations are obtained, and safeguards and protocols are followed about data protection, internal financial controls, and ethical standards.
· Act as the first point contact for purchasing queries - primary management of the shared finance email inbox; Acting as the first point of contact for external and internal questions. Ensures high levels of customer service and effective representation of the Finance Team and the Trust.
· Organisation - Maintain paperwork in an orderly manner: current/prior year records to remain accessible yet secure, older items archived and destroyed when appropriate. Ensuring proper records are maintained in the financial system.
· Finance Team assistance - Support finance team colleagues in providing information to other parties as appropriate, e.g.: as budget holding colleagues, fundraising colleagues, or external auditors.
Technical skills and minimum knowledge:
· Relevant bookkeeping qualification (e.g., AAT) or QBE
· Experience in a similar role, ideally working with large transactional volumes.
· Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the implications of accurate record keeping.
· Able to identify situations where any risk of non-compliance/adherence may arise
· Adept at working with accounting systems and MS applications.
Behaviours and competencies:
· Has a clear idea of priorities and manages own time appropriately by delivering key outputs and replies to requests in a timely fashion
· Adopts a customer service approach when communicating with stakeholders.
· Demonstrates resilience, resourcefulness, flexibility, and perseverance
· Demonstrates personal integrity and commitment to compliance and ethical standards
· Demonstrates empathy for people from disadvantaged, marginalised or socially excluded backgrounds
· Role models inclusive behaviours and values
· Demonstrate a commitment to the values of the Trussell Trust
· All Staff
· The Finance Team
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
As we celebrate our 35-year anniversary, there has never been a better time to join our dynamic, friendly team working to further global health. As the HR and Operations Coordinator, you will work as part of the Finance and Operations team.
The HR & Operations Coordinator takes responsibility for all aspects of the administration for the charity, including supporting HR, Operations, and IT (with outsourced support) processes. This post plays a key role in ensuring the efficient management and upkeep of the charity’s office. It is a very exciting time of growth for the charity which will see an increase in staff resources.
- To be the first point of contact advising managers and staff including secondees on all general HR operational enquiries in adherence to THET’s policies and procedures, legislation and best practice.
- Supporting Senior Management on complex disciplinary, grievance, capability cases.
- Coordinating recruitment campaigns and supporting the team in implementing the 2024 recruitment plans.
- To support the learning and development function and needs arising from the appraisals process including the administration and co-ordination of internal training programmes.
- To ensure HR Records are up to date, accurate and compliant with legislation including administration of the online system to record absence (sickness, holiday TOIL).
- Provide departmental reports to the Senior Management Team when required.
- Provide the monthly payroll data and liaise with the external payroll service provider to provide the smooth running of the monthly payroll.
- To promote equality of opportunity in relation to the duties of the post.
- Supporting the programmes team with compliance in Country Offices.
- To support the HR & Operations Manager in the on-going development of THET’s IT systems.
- To support IT function and security of THET’s electronic records.
- To act as the main point of contact for the outsourced supplier.
Administration and Facilities
- To provide general administrative support to the HR & Operations Manager ensuring the smooth running of the organisation.
- To coordinate the recruitment and onboarding plans and delivery for new staff,
- To coordinate ongoing HR contract administration and changes.
- To facilitate the purchasing of staff IT and other work equipment in line with budget.
- To coordinate the monthly payroll communication and approvals
- To arrange and service internal and external office meetings.
- To be the first point of contact with shared working space (office) provider and ensure facilities are currently accessed and utilised.
- Assist the HR & Operations Manager in resource planning for additional capacity for THET projects
- To be the main contact for Health & Safety for the UK office, developing and implementing the health and safety policy and ensuring that staff comply with this.
- Together with the HR & Operations Manager, ensure that THET has appropriate insurance cover.
- To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested by the SMT commensurate with experience and THET requirements.
If this opportunity appeals to you, then please do apply by sending your CV and a cover letter through the application link by midnight on Tuesday, 5th December 2023. If you have any questions or you would like an informal chat about the role, please contact Justine Nola.
This post is UK based. Non-EC nationals will require current and valid permission to work in the UK
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.