Communications Officer Jobs
This is a great opportunity for a communications professional who has experience implementing communication strategies that drive meaningful engagement. We are looking for someone who is proactive and confident to build relationships across teams and at all levels of the organisation to support communication output at all levels.
We are at a crucial juncture in Holocaust education and remembrance. With living memory fading into history, and antisemitism and Holocaust distortion on the rise, our work has never been more vital. The Trust is made up of hard working, motivated people who are passionate about our mission to educate every person from every background in the UK about the Holocaust and its contemporary relevance. We believe that the Holocaust must have a permanent place in our nation’s collective memory. We work across the UK, providing a wide range of educational programmes.
It is expected that the post-holder will plan, create, oversee and monitor the Trusts social media, and working with our Public Affairs department and wider teams across the organisation support internal and external communications output, including supporter newsletters.
This role is offered hybrid, with a minimum of 2 days a week in our Central London office.
The Senior Communications Officer should be able to demonstrate the following:
• Proven talent, ambition and proactive working style;
• Highly organised, Ability to work well under pressure in a busy communications team; Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Highly skilled working across different social media platforms;
• Excellent attention to detail.
Key activities for the post holder:
• Work with the Public Affairs team to create an innovative and effective media and social media strategy and timeline, including the creation of social media assets. As well as scheduling and posting on social media and monitoring social media responses.
• Identify and oversee communications opportunities to further the Trust’s campaigns.
• Monitor the UK media to identify proactive media opportunities and needs.
• Support with creating content, such as press releases, website updates, newsletters, annual reports, and other marketing materials.
• Work closely with key internal and external stakeholders on developing new and engaging communications initiatives.
• Manage media administrative tasks including but not limited to media monitoring, updating media contact lists, and database subscriptions as required.
Like the rest of the Holocaust Educational Trust team, you will also benefit from:
• Flexible working
• A generous annual leave policy
• Enhanced Parental leave packages for employees with more than eighteen months service
• Private medical insurance
• Enhanced Sick Pay, Income Protection and Life assurance policies
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Season ticket loans
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at time of application.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk. Therefore, all applicants will undergo strict vetting procedures and safeguarding checks before appointment and relevant pre-employment checks (this includes but is not limited to: DBS checks, qualification checks, reference checks and identity checks). This role involves regulated activity relevant to children, therefore It is an offence to apply for this role if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
We support diverse and vibrant church communities from the Arctic Circle to Morocco, and from Brussels to Moscow.
We are looking for someone who can use their creative digital communications skills to help share our stories. Someone who wants to build on their existing communication skills and make a positive impact across Europe and in the Church of England. Join our busy, supportive and flexible Communications team to inspire, inform and equip churches across Europe in their work and mission.
This role will support the Communications plan for the Diocese in Europe, developing the social media and storytelling across our diocese to build up our community and help tell our story in vibrant and creative ways.
The role is full time at five days a week which could be divided between working from home and in the diocesan office in Westminster. There will be some opportunities for travel but this is a London based role. Foreign languages are not a requirement, and there will be possibilities to travel to meet our communities across Europe and beyond.
The Diocese in Europe is commited to building a diverse team. Staff from a Global Majority Heritage are currently under-represented. Applications are welcome from all demographic groups.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
We are looking for a dynamic communications and marketing professional with experience of engaging international audiences to take up a brand-new role supporting our international entrepreneurship programmes to reach and celebrate outstanding tech entrepreneurs all over the world.
Are you passionate about technology and innovation? Do you have experience engaging with international audiences? Could you apply communications and marketing skills to help reach engineering and technology entrepreneurs in emerging economies around the world and showcase how they are turning their innovations into impactful, sustainable businesses? This role could be for you.
We are looking for a talented communications and marketing professional with an interest in tech and experience working with international audiences to support our international entrepreneurship team. A communications and marketing generalist, you will use excellent skills in copywriting, content production, digital marketing and evaluation to increase understanding and awareness of our international entrepreneurship programmes and connect them with new audiences.
You will have a keen eye for a story, a drive to make a difference, and a flexible and collaborative approach that adapts to the needs of a range of colleagues and to a fast-paced environment. Inquisitive and energetic, you will enjoy getting under the skin of how innovators all over the world are making a difference, working with media relations and digital communications specialists to tell compelling stories about our innovators to a range of audiences.
Your work in this role will enable innovators all over the world to bring their ideas to life with the support of the Royal Academy of Engineering.
Who are we?
Engineering matters. It shapes our everyday lives, from our ability to turn the lights on, have a hot shower and commute into work to the mobile phones we rely on to keep connected. It also plays a vital role in addressing some of the biggest challenges facing society today, from climate change to global health pandemics and cyber threats.
The Royal Academy of Engineering is a charity that harnesses the power of engineering to build a sustainable society and an inclusive economy that works for everyone. In collaboration with our Fellows and partners, we’re growing talent and developing skills for the future, driving innovation, building global partnerships, influencing policy and engaging the public. Together, we’re working to tackle the greatest challenges of our age.
With a diverse workforce and an inclusive and supportive culture, we look to attract candidates from wide and different backgrounds who have a passion for the role engineering plays in society. Our aim is to make the Academy the best place to work for the staff we have and those we seek to attract.
Why work for the Royal Academy of Engineering?
We’re looking for people who are driven to make the world a better place. If you’re passionate about what you do and want to work collaboratively with talented colleagues to make change happen now and for future generations, we want you to get in touch.
This is the perfect time to join us. We have a dynamic, visionary CEO, a strong leadership team and an ambitious and exciting strategy. The value we bring as experts in our field and change agents is highly recognised and makes the Academy a motivating place to be. Our work today builds on a long, proud history with a focused and ambitious future, which we’d love you to be part of.
We are looking for talented people who want to make a difference to join our team – is this you?
The Academy offers a fantastic package of additional benefits, including:
- BUPA cash plan
- Private medical insurance
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Independent financial advice
- Non-contributory pension scheme with 10% employer contribution
- Life assurance, 4x annual salary
- Health and wellbeing programmes
- Generous holiday allowance
- Wellbeing days and office-wide Christmas leave
- Significant investment into your personal and professional development
- Regular social activities
- Subsidised restaurant
Our light, spacious head office is based in a fantastic location in central London with views over St James’s Park and close to the West End. We operate hybrid, flexible working practices with a baseline for office-based working of a mandatory weekly team day plus further days each week as required for the role and the Academy.
How to apply/Interview process
To find out more and to apply, please visit our website. As part of your application, you will be asked to upload a CV and a supporting statement explaining your interest in this role and how you fit the experience, knowledge, and skills profile.
Closing date: 17 December 2023.
Interview date: From 20 December 2023.
The Academy is committed to making reasonable adjustments to remove barriers that hinder applicants from applying or staff from working effectively and comfortably.
Join our dynamic team at Rosa, a values-driven organisation committed to gender equality, anti-racism and diversity. Rosa is the only UK-wide funder of the women and girls sector. Our vision is of a society in which women and girls are safe, healthy and equal.
We are seeking an experienced Communications and Marketing Manager who has the energy, passion and enthusiasm for Rosa’s values, goals and beneficiaries. As a Communications and Marketing Manager, you will play a crucial role at Rosa, developing and delivering clear and compelling messaging about our work and impact. You will drive growth and engagement across our communications channels to support fundraising, build brand awareness and continue our crucial support to the women and girls’ sector.
For more information about Rosa, the Communications and Marketing Manager role and how to apply, please read our recruitment pack.
Applications will be accepted until the 14th January 2024.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Sightsavers Ireland is a leading international NGO working to prevent avoidable blindness, restore sight and advocate for social inclusion and equal rights for people with disabilities.
Sightsavers Ireland was established in 2003 and is an independent affiliate that works to actively support the work of the global Sightsavers organisation
Location: Dublin Hybrid / Remote
About the role
As a key member of the Communications and Public Affairs team, the Communications Officer will play a crucial role in raising the profile and awareness of the work of Sightsavers Ireland to a diverse range of audiences. The role will particularly lead on Sightsavers Ireland’s social and digital communications, raising the profile and awareness of our work with the Irish public and stakeholders and supporting the thematic work of the organisation.
Provide effective communications support to the Communications and Public Affairs department in Ireland
With the support of the Head of Communications and Public Affairs, develop, manage and maintain systems and processes to support the team and its ways of working.
Build knowledge and understanding of the department and its work and take the initiative in identifying communications opportunities that raise awareness and the profile of Sightsavers
Key point of contact for the Strategic Partnerships and Individual Giving teams to support their work.
Offer strategic communications guidance and advice to Sightsavers Ireland colleagues including supporting them to identify objectives, audiences and messages and make recommendations for appropriate communications approaches, tactics and/ or products needed to deliver.
Create engaging and creative content and communication products for use across on and offline channels
Develop creative briefs and where necessary to commission in-house designers or external freelance creative support.
Work with the Sightsavers content team to identify and collect content needed to support communications activities and products.
Design and manage the delivery of communication products that build the brand of Sightsavers Ireland, are on message and meet strategic objectives including developing content for websites, blogs, case studies, news stories, picture stories, presentations, social media or other digital assets, printed materials including leaflets, banners, posters, videos, audio stories; commissioning and briefing designers/ freelancers and reviewing/ testing materials where necessary.
Ensure appropriate plans are in place to share new content/ communication products with relevant audiences to maximise potential and reach.
Write and publish case studies to support various areas of Sightsavers Ireland’s work.
Lead on communications research for Sightsavers Ireland
Support the design and publication of research reports ensuring they are consistent in style and design, drawing on the support of designers and freelancers as and when needed.
Produce training materials to help build increase comms capacity across the Sightsavers Ireland team.
Responsible for communications planning and deliverables around conferences and events.
Please note that the Communications Officer will be expected to have some international and domestic travel within the role.
This is a varied role, please read the full job description for further details. As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Professional communications experience
Experience managing communication campaigns
Experience in all aspects of digital and social media
Experience working with stakeholders and the media and building strong relationships
internally and externally
A strong interest in current and public affairs and an awareness of the International Development sector and Irish political system would be an advantage
Knowledge and Skills
Able to travel intermittently throughout the year.
Working experience supporting busy project teams
Excellent organisational, writing, editing, budgeting and communications skills
Highly organised planning and time management skills with excellent attention to detail
Advanced level in PowerPoint, Excel and Word, Sharepoint
Ability to prioritise and work in a fast-paced environment
Ability to work on own initiative but be a core team player
Sightsavers offers some fantastic benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous annual leave allowance, pension, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym memberships and wellness discounts. Our offices are located in Central Dublin (Mountjoy) which has great public transport links.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
We anticipate that interviews will take place in our Country office and the evaluation process will include a short task to be completed by shortlisted candidates in advance of this.
We understand the importance of work-life balance and are committed to fostering a culture of flexibility. As such, we are open to the possibility of a four-day working week for this position. The salary will be pro-rated to reflect this arrangement. Sightsavers believe this approach not only benefits our employees but also contributes to a more productive and engaged workforce
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.
Sightsavers is an employer that does not tolerate any form of harassment and has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse. All potential candidates will be subjected to rigorous background checks and controls.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Creative United is one of the UK's leading social enterprises working across the arts and creative industries. Based at Somerset House in Central London, we deliver a wide range of publicly funded programmes focused on increasing access and inclusion in the arts. Our experienced team is committed to supporting artists, musicians and creative entrepreneurs of all kinds with the skills and confidence to develop and grow their social and economic impact, helping to maximise their contribution to the strength and diversity of the UK's creative economy.
We are looking to recruit a talented and self-motivated individual with at least 2 years relevant work experience to join our team in the newly created role of Communications Officer.
As a key member of the Marketing and Communications Team, you will play an active part in the effective planning and delivery of Creative United’s internal and external communication activities. This includes relationship management with key stakeholders and partner organisations, as well as events management and co-ordination. You will be responsible for ensuring that all external communications are of a consistently high standard and in line with the organisation’s brand, values and mission objectives as a social enterprise.
You will be confident in using a range of digital communications tools and information management systems, as well as being proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel. PowerPoint and Outlook.
This is a hybrid-working role that involves spending a minimum of 2 days per week at our offices in London. You will have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy building relationships through a combination of face to face, telephone and written communications. You will be comfortable working ‘with minimal supervision to plan and coordinate activities that involve the
buy-in of other staff and partner organisations. You will be able to inspire and motivate other people to work with you to achieve our shared goals and priorities through effective communications planning and implementation.
For a full job description please visit the Job Vacancies section of our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
The Communications Officer will work closely with the Communications and Media Manager to support stakeholder communications and engagement at Action Tutoring. You will produce high-quality written and visual content for use
across a range of our channels to engage new and existing audience members (tutors, funders, schools and partners) with Action Tutoring’s work.
Closing date: Thursday, 4th January 2024
Interviews: W/c 8th January 2024
Start date: Ideally February 2024
Place of work:
We would prefer to have the candidate based in London (we operate on a hybrid working model). We will consider remote working from England for the right candidate. Willingness to travel to London once per month is crucial for this role.
Our London office address is: Fivefields, 8-10 Grosvenor Gardens, SW1W 0DH
Contract and hours:
Permanent, full-time. We offer flexible hours with 9.30-4 as core hours. A full working week is 37.5 hours.
Duties and responsibilities
- Write relevant and engaging emails/newsletters and blogs for MarComms campaigns as well as policy and fundraising campaigns with the aim of growing the audience and engaging and motivating stakeholders to engage actively in our mission.
- Use engagement data from Campaign Monitor, Google Analytics and Salesforce to inform and improve the content you produce.
- Support the Communications and Media Manager to shape and build our brand, ensuring its positioning remains relevant to our audiences and is supporting the goals of the charity.
- Support your MarComms colleagues and wider teams to use the brand well, shaping and refining tools and guidance as appropriate.
- Build Action Tutoring’s bank of engaging film and photography for use across all our channels, ensuring content is engaging and in line with Action Tutoring’s brand and style.
- Support your Communications colleagues to produce interesting and relevant pupil and tutor case studies throughout the year.
- Collaborate with our Programme Team and your MarComms colleagues to source appropriate case studies from our partner schools and volunteer network.
- Working with MarComms colleagues, adapt email campaign content for use across our social media platforms (Instagram, LinkedIn, X, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube) using design software such as Canva or Adobe Suite.
- Support the Communications and Media Manager with outreach to national and regional media to raise Action Tutoring’s profile and encourage volunteer applications from across England.
- Support as one of the charity’s proof-readers, reviewing content produced by the team for errors and inconsistencies, supporting others in the team to replicate the Action Tutoring style.
- Any other duties deemed reasonable by the Chief Executive Officer.
Right to work in the UK.
We are looking for some of the following attributes, though you might be more experienced in some areas than others:
- Able to interact with a range of audiences and have outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work independently and use initiative in different situations.
- Able to think creatively when producing content tailored to different audiences, replicating the Action Tutoring style.
- High attention to detail, to produce accurate communications, manage mailing lists and proofread content effectively.
- Experience of design software such as Canva or Adobe Suite.
- Experience of film production.
- Able to think creatively and generate content to effectively convey messages.
- Confident using new technology, different digital tools and software.
- Able to meet deadlines and undertake administration to a high standard, using data where appropriate to identify key areas of need to prioritise and adapt approach.
- Enthusiastic and open to new ideas. Action Tutoring is a young organisation and values the creative input of all staff members to innovate and drive improvements.
- Adaptable and open to learning. You will need to be willing to adapt and to grow and develop with the organisation.
- Detailed and organised, able to plan and manage your workload.
- Efficient and able to work under pressure when required, able to multi-task and juggle a varied workload.
- Committed to equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Committed to the mission and values of Action Tutoring.
- Committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
The Role and the Team
Blue Light Card Foundation is seeking a Digital Marketing and Communications officer to join our team and contribute to the Foundation’s success.
This is an exciting opportunity where you’ll play an instrumental part in transforming our approach to digital marketing and communications in a charity that cherishes innovation, connection and community.
What You’ll Do
Assist with the planning and delivery of our digital marketing strategy, working with colleagues to develop and maintain a social media marketing calendar
Manage our Blue Light Card Foundation and Blue Light Together social media channels, ensuring a timely flow of engaging content, leading on all aspects of community management
Analyse and interpret data from platforms including Google Analytics, Meta analytics, Google Search Console and MailChimp to monitor the performance of campaigns and recommend improvements, taking a test-and-learn approach to all our marketing activities
Assist with the ongoing development and maintenance of our website
Develop and distribute an email newsletter with the marketing and communications manager
Work with the marketing and communications manager to develop audience insights and better understand our audience behaviours, helping us shape the overall marketing and communications strategy
Support the creation of photography, video and audio materials, developing these in-house and working with external providers
Lead on the creation of blogs and other written content, working with colleagues across the organisation to identify case studies, carry out interviews and write up case studies and other community stories
What You’ll Bring
Previous experience in digital marketing and communications
Analytics experience to monitor performance and recommend suggested improvements
A natural storytelling ability, you’ll have a keen eye for finding and developing engaging, inspirational content
A passion for all-things wellbeing
Keen collaborator who’s great at building connections both on and offline with the Blue Light community
Passion, confidence, creativity and new ideas, playing a vital role in helping us transform the wellbeing space for the Blue Light community
Ability to adapt quickly to challenges
Empathetic and understanding of the issues faced by our community - this will play an essential part in growing our online community successfully
Our Blue Light Card Foundation culture is built around our members who are at the heart of everything we do. Our people are integral to help deliver life-enhancing local and national projects, through grants, to support the wellbeing of the incredible Blue Light community. We’re committed to creating a place that our team love to work, and people want to join.
The Blue Light Card Foundation allows us to go further in helping our members. We are committed; we are supportive; we empower and we understand. Our values underpin our vision; working towards a future where every member of the Blue Light community, both past and present, feels empowered, supported and heard.
We work as a team and try to have a bit of fun while we do it, so even if you’re not expected to be in the office every day – you may just want to be! We work alongside our Blue Light Card colleagues at the HQ in Cossington. It's a great place to be with free onsite parking, gym, table tennis, pool table, TV and video games and free on-site refreshments and snacks.
What We Offer
Hybrid working and flexible hours
Free onsite parking
25 days plus public holidays, buy and sell and an additional day off for your birthday
Great social events e.g., Christmas party, family fun day, summer party, sports matches
Relaxed dress code and modern office space (games area, chill-out areas, book club, free coffee/tea/soft drinks/snacks)
Onsite gym (including access to free HIIT & stretch classes)
Learning and development opportunities
Group auto-enrolment pension plan
Enhanced maternity, paternity, sick pay
Company funded private medical insurance
Healthcare cashback plan
Employee assistance programme (including mental health support)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Job Title: Communications Officer.
Hours: Flexible working. Estimated 10-24 hours per week, including evenings and weekends.
Location: Remote, very occasional attendance at in-person events.
Contract Term: Start January 2024. Fixed term contract
Contract Value: Up to £25,000 per annum, pro rata
First Interview Date: 04/12/23 online, date subject to change.
Job Purpose: We are currently seeking an Communications Officer to support our organisation's communication efforts, including social media, website management, and newsletter content creation and curation.
The British Islamic Medical Association (BIMA) is a voluntary not-for-profit organisation dedicated to promoting and supporting the health and wellbeing of Muslim communities in the UK. Our mission is to unite our members in service of our patients and profession. We are committed to advancing the understanding of Islamic principles in healthcare and fostering collaboration among Muslim healthcare professionals to engage with our health system.
We are led by an executive team of passionate health professionals who oversee 250 volunteer team members and a network of over 6,000 Muslim colleagues. Our governing council has highly experienced leadership who are strongly connected to within the NHS and public health, as well as to our mosques, scholars and Muslim community institutions.
We have recently secured resources to help develop our core offer in Muslim public health and community outreach. Our work to date has involved working with government, major health charities, universities, and key Muslim institutions in addressing issues facing our community.
● Collaborate with BIMA’s Executive Teams to develop and implement an effective communications strategy based on our target audience.
● Oversee, write, edit and distribute content, including the BIMA Newsletter, press releases, email campaigns, and marketing material including content creation, design, and subscriber management.
● Manage and maintain BIMA's website, ensuring content is up-to-date, relevant, and engaging.
● Plan, create, and curate content for BIMA's social media platforms, including X, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram, to drive engagement and increase followers, in line with the adept BIMA branding guidelines.
● Establish and maintain relationships with media outlets, journalists, and influencers to secure coverage and amplify BIMA's message.
● Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the BIMA brand identity, ensuring consistency across all communication channels and materials.
● Coordinate with internal teams and external partners on joint communication initiatives and campaigns. Proficiency in design and publishing software.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the BIMA leadership team.
● Knowledge of communications, journalism, marketing, or relevant experience in an equivalent field.
● Proficient in publishing software, content creation and content management systems, and social media platforms.
● Good time management and organisational skills.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail and email marketing.
● A keen interest in the mission and values of non-profit organisations, with a strong commitment to being sensitive to the needs of Muslim healthcare professionals and communities.
● Flexibility and adaptability, with a willingness to take on new tasks and responsibilities as needed.
● Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills. .
To apply please submit an application on the job listing site(s), or email your CV and a short covering letter (maximum 250 words) detailing why you would be suitable for the role along with a short portfolio of graphic design/marketing experience to our info email.
Rolling interviews will be conducted until a suitable candidate is appointed.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Contract: Fixed Term Contract for 12 months
Hours: 37 hours per week (1fte)
Salary: Grade D, salary range £32,359 to £36,698, depending upon experience, plus 8% employer pension contribution
We are looking to hire a Senior Communications Officer to join our Communications and PR team to assist the development and delivery of the regional communications and PR strategy, ensuring Butterfly Conservation’s messages and campaigns are effective across all regions.
Working closely with regional teams and branches, you will have a passion for delivering engaging content with a good understanding of conservation and fundraising communications and PR. Proven exceptional written and oral communication skills are required, along with the ability to develop effective working relationships with both internal and external contacts.
If you are excited about the prospects of working for a leading wildlife charity, please read through the job description and person specification, to see if you have the right skills to join the team.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Closing date: Midday on Wednesday 13 December 2023
Interviews will take place on Friday 5 January 2024
We believe our work has never been more important.
Wildlife is in steep decline across the UK and over three-quarters of butterflies and two-thirds of moths are declining. We recognise it needs a great team with a wide variety of skills to tackle the problems facing butterflies, moths, and the environment.
Our staff and volunteers are proud to be part of Butterfly Conservation and are dedicated to making a difference to the environment we live in. We understand the importance of maintaining and expanding our expert and valued team of people and offer a range of roles located all over the UK, from the peat bogs in Scotland to the post room in Dorset.
You may also have experience in the following: Communications Manager, Communications Officer, Digital Officer, Membership Officer, Project Management, Internal Communications, CRM, Marketing Assistant, Marketing Executive, Marketing Officer, Communications Executive, Communications, Marketing Management etc.
Internal Communications Officer
Salary £36,905 - £41,999
Birmingham, West Midlands (Hybrid Working)
Permanent, Full Time
We are brave, we are ambitious, we are honest, and we are Citizen!
If you’ve got the creativity to tell great stories, the experience and knowledge to deliver effective internal communication campaigns, and the skills to understand how our diverse employees will receive and act on all of our communications then come and be a part of a fantastic organisation creating foundations for life.
At Citizen we understand that our people are everything and to deliver the best service to customers we need to support and look after our staff. You’ll have lots of creativity and will play a crucial role in developing and executing internal communication initiatives that inform, engage, and align our employees with our company vision, values, and strategy. As an excellent relationship builder, you will work closely with various stakeholders to create compelling content which bring to life the strategy and help colleagues feel connected.
In housing you can make a real difference, the role of Internal Communications Specialist will involve:
Design and deliver measurable internal communications and engagement plans for specific projects
Work across the Internal Comms team and with colleagues across the organisation, to produce engaging and creative content across a range of channels.
Support the Head of Internal Communications with the introduction and implementation of new internal comms channels.
Provide guidance and support to colleagues in delivering effective internal communications.
Manage the intranet content by working across the Communications directorate and across the business to ensure that it’s relevant and engaging.
Lead on the creation of a group of intranet super users so that the intranet is well maintained, easy to navigate and up to date.
Develop and maintain a plan of content across the year to support the Citizen business strategy and other business activity.
Support with generating data of the impact of internal communication content and channels to provide insight into what is working and what needs to change.
As an Internal Communications Specialist we need you to have:
Experience of using CMS, Adobe Creative Suite, Mailchimp/Campaign Monitor
Demonstrable experience in an internal communications role.
Experience implementing communications initiatives that inspire and engage employees
Strong project management and organisational skills
An understanding of the principles of internal communications
Excellent knowledge of internal comms channels and when to use them
Strong technical skills in writing and presentation development
We would be really excited if you have:
IOIC/ CIPR qualifications preferable but not essential
Our people are everything and we offer:
Opportunities for salary progression, which is directly linked to performance reviews
IT equipment to allow some optional home working
‘Live work better’ scheme which actively encourages work-life balance
Annual leave starts at 25 days per year, increasing with length of service
Enhanced family leave
Company Pension – Citizen match up to 10%
If part of the pension scheme you are entitled to Life cover (three times your annual salary)
Organisational Sick Pay (benefit increases with length of service)
EAP – a 24/7 service which gives free, confidential advice and support on a range of issues including telephone counselling
Medicash scheme -which includes GP Access, digital Physiotherapy app, retail vouchers and discounts, discounted gym memberships and more! Recognition through our Employee Excellence Awards
Representation opportunities on our Staff Consultative Forum
Access to Citizen’s Wellbeing platform
Employee Excellence Awards (winners receive extra days annual leave that year)
We believe everyone has something to give and encourage everyone to be the best they can be to reach their full potential with extensive learning and development opportunities and Study Leave
Here at Citizen, our purpose is to provide homes that are a foundation for life.
With over fifty years of experience, we have grown to be one of the UK’s most trusted social housing providers, Citizen owns and manages 30,000 homes for diverse communities across the West Midlands, from urban tower blocks to rural villages and towns.
There are some fundamental challenges people in our communities’ face, and we want to be an organisation which can help them deal with these. So, we are working to solve some of the most pressing issues around housing and homelessness.
We adopt a proactive approach to safeguarding to ensure everyone accessing our services can do so without fear of harm, abuse or neglect.
Please note internally the job title for this position is Internal Communications Specialist.
Closing date: Friday 22th December 2023
Interview date: Interview date: To be confirmed
Please note we will be reviewing applications throughout the campaign and may invite candidates to interview at any time. We reserve the right to close this role earlier than the published closing date should a suitable candidate be identified.
Location: Hybrid remote - some home working, and some office working at our Head Office in Emerson's Green, Bristol
Discipline: Marketing & Communication
Job type: Permanent
Salary: £29,363.63 per annum
Expiry date: 15 Dec 2023 23:59
Care to join us?
We are looking for an Internal Communications Officer to join us at Hft.
Hft is a charity that supports adults with learning disabilities. We believe in a world where anyone with a learning disability can live within their community with all the choice and support they need to live the best life possible. We are looking for people who are naturally caring and compassionate and align with our values.
What’s in it for you?
There are a range of benefits and career development opportunities at Hft. We’ll give you a comprehensive induction, full training, and lots of support along the way.
With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in you to ensure you have the specialist skills and expertise needed to support people to live the best life possible. As a “Gold” standard Investors in People accredited employer, we are committed to supporting colleague wellbeing as a priority.
- Annual Leave: 33 days (including 8 days statutory bank holidays)
- Training: Access to award winning training and development
- Wagestream: Allows you to flexibly access your pay throughout the month and utilise a range of financial support, through its dedicated app
- Aviva Digicare + workplace: Access to wellbeing services including health checks, Digital GP and mental health support.
- TELUS health: A 24/service, completely confidential counselling and support platform and helpline that is free for all colleagues to use.
- Discounted mobile ‘phone contracts. As an Hft employee, you’ll be able to take advantage of Vodafone’s Employee Advantage programme, giving you up to 30% off.
- Care Friends: Employee referral app – earn money for referring your friends to work for Hft.
- Family friendly policies – part time, annualised and compressed hours.
- Free life assurance – 3 x your annual salary
- and more…
What will you be doing?
The Internal Communications Officer will work closely with the National Colleague Communications Partner to support the delivery of an effective internal communications strategy, delivering across multiple channels of communication that encourage positive dialogue between Hft colleagues, other key internal stakeholders and the leadership team at Hft.
- Daily monitoring of the Hft Communications inbox, and responding to enquiries as appropriate, filtering requests for support to the wider team
- Co-delivering our weekly content meeting, sharing story leads across internal and external comms, involvement and fundraising
- Managing the newsreel on The Hub (our staff intranet) – sourcing and writing news articles (minimum of 3/week) and publishing monthly polls, countdowns and videos
- Produce and edit videos, PowerPoint presentations, FAQ documents, information sheets and posters to support communications
- Producing and circulating family e-updates to families of the people we support, upon request from teams who need to share information with subscribing families
- To provide support for reactive communications and sensitive change projects, including coordinating comms plans, key messaging, factsheets and corporate emails
- To source, write and share engaging content which uses the team’s approach to language and messaging framework
- You will have at least two years’ experience in a marketing/communications role
- You will have experience of adapting and writing content for a variety of communication channels and audiences
- You will have a keen eye for detail and ability to write, edit and proofread a range of materials including letters, briefings, presentations, newsletters, intranet and website copy
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to proactively update managers on progress
- You will have the ability to work independently and calmly under pressure, juggling a number of projects simultaneously
- Educated to degree standard or above, or able to demonstrate equivalent professional experience
- For more information, please refer to the job description and person spec below.
Find your place with us and change lives.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive sufficient applications.
Hft's usual terms and conditions apply. Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do. Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.
In a newly created role, the Digital Communications Officer will oversee and drive digital strategy for a Community and Services led Charity who work across the UK, to provide support for adults with learning disabilities. The charity turns 70 next year, and with that comes a lot of opportunity for growth and change, and an exciting time to join the charity. Your role will ensure the effective integration of all digital platforms to optimise stakeholder experience and help enable teams across the charity to deliver their objectives. You will enjoy your role as brand custodian across all digital platforms ensuring they are maximised to full effect and reach their audiences.
- Be the project lead for the development and integration for all externaldigital communications – website, and social media, etc
- Develop the SEO and PPC strategy maximising budgets to enhance digital awareness of the charity and its aims
- Responsible for Google Analytics to analyse website traffic, user behaviour, and key performance indicators, providing actionable recommendations to enhance online presence
Your previous experience:
- Work experience in digital marketing and communications
- Strong writing skills
- Experience using Adobe Creative Cloud suite
- Experience of social media and publishing tools - Hootsuite, Buffer, Sprout Social and ability to observe trends and spot emerging platforms/tools
- Ability to manage agency/supplier relationships
- Experience using WordPress CMS and excellent knowledge of Microsoft 365 packages
- Experience using email marketing systems
- Technical skills and knowledge of social media platforms – Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Excellent time management and organisational skills/ability to work to tight deadlines
Salary £29,000- £32,000
Full-time, permanent position
Location- Remote, with the ability to travel to sites across the UK (ad-hoc) which are mainly based in the North West. The Headquarters are in York, so it would be helpful to be based close to here, for ad-hoc meetings.
Timings: The charity is looking to fill this role ASAP, therefore if keen, please share your CV with me ASAP!
Interviews scheduled for Tuesday 19th December, via Teams.
I look forward to hearing from you.
The Talent Set are delighted to be working with a well-known energy saving organisation to find their new Senior PR and Communications Officer.
The organisation offers a flexible hybrid working environment with the need to be in their London office 1 day per week.
As Senior PR and Communications Officer you’ll play a key role in increasing the reach of key messages via the media, while ensuring the organisation is represented accurately and positively.
- Work with the PR Manager to develop and deliver proactive PR to increase the reach of energy saving advice.
- Develop PR materials including press releases, pitch angles, interview briefs and media lists.
- Coordinate accurate and timely responses to in-bound media enquiries, liaising with journalists and spokespeople.
- Work with the Insights team to ensure media lines are kept up to date and accurate in line with external developments.
- Coordinate the delivery of PR to promote the work of the organisation’s Foundation.
- Monitor the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, and newswires, for opportunities.
- Build strong relationships with the content and Internal Comms teams to ensure web and social media content relating to the news is up to date.
- Help provide support to colleagues regarding use of the media contacts database and monitoring platform.
- Coordinate record keeping around media relations information including accurate monitoring and reporting. #
To do this the right candidate will have experience in the following key areas:
- Experience in media relations and communications activity.
- An understanding of press office processes and communicating with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent written communication and proofing skills.
- Understanding of social media channels and content creation.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills including negotiating and presenting.
- Creative team player exhibiting flexibility, determination, enthusiasm.
- Well organised with ability to work on multiple tasks and priorities in a fast paved environment.
- A willingness to learn about, engage with and support our efforts to become a more diverse, inclusive and equitable organisation.
To be considered for this position please apply with your CV as soon as possible. Regrettably please note we may not be able to reply to each and every application.
Along with the client we are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practises that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age, or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make reasonable adjustments to always ensure a fair process.
Group Senior PR and Communications Officer
Come and join a growing social enterprise whose mission is to create innovative solutions through enterprise that unlock social and economic opportunities for people trapped in poverty.
We are looking for a PR and Communications professional with an excellent news sense, a proven track record of delivering effective high-profile media campaigns and a creative flair for communication.
As Group Senior PR and Communications Officer, you will lead work to drive awareness of the Big Issue Group’s mission and activities, including for the Parliamentary office of Lord John Bird, founder and crossbench peer, and raise the profile and reputation of our work.
You will be a key member of a central team within the Big Issue Group, developing and delivering proactive PR and Communications plans which align with objectives to demonstrate the impact of the organisation’s programmes, partnerships and initiatives.
The role will be fast paced and varied within a highly supportive team that work collaboratively and with initiative and a proactive work ethic. If this sounds like something that would fit your skills set and experience and gets you excited to truly make a positive difference to people’s lives, please see the Job Description/Person Spec for more details.
Salary and Benefits:
- The salary offered will be £35,000 per annum
- Incremental holiday entitlement starting at 25 days per year plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time staff) plus paid leave to care for a sick child or grandchild and a sick or elderly relation
- Company Sick Pay
- Enhanced contribution to our workplace pension
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Training and development opportunities including an open learning library and management training schemes
- Health benefits include life cover, a health Cashplan scheme which provides access to counselling and a range of therapies
Please note that we reserve the right to review and amend our staff benefits and they do not form part of any contract of employment
This role will be based at our Big Issue head office in Finsbury Park with hybrid working available.
When applying, please upload your CV and a covering letter.
Closing date – 20 December 2023 (23:59pm) Please note that we may interview candidates before the closing date. Therefore please apply as soon as possible.
Big Issue Group is striving towards Equal Opportunities. We particularly welcome applications from those who are underrepresented in our sector, such as women in senior roles, and people with disabilities and from Black and Minority Ethnic communities.
Since 1991, The Big Issue has fought poverty by creating opportunities and supporting people to take control of their lives. Over time our organisation has grown and now The Big Issue Group consists of The Big Issue Company Ltd, Big Issue Invest Ltd, our social investment arm, and Big Issue Changing Lives Community Interest Company.
Department: Group Marketing and Communications
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £35,000 per annum