401 Direct marketing manager jobs
The role of Direct Marketing Executive is a varied one. Working with different teams and suppliers, you’ll be supporting and delivering direct marketing campaigns online, offline and across a range of media channels. The acquisition programme is an evolving one and there is change and growth happening in a lot of interesting areas at a fast pace. Activities in the acquisition portfolio are diverse; from managing and developing our payroll giving programme, to delivering engaging and motivating fundraiser training, your campaigns will drive income and attract new, engaged supporters to the charity.
As well as running day-to-day activity on your own campaigns, the post holder will be responsible for supporting the wider Acquisition team by ensuring data and supporter engagement processes are running smoothly across campaigns. Alongside this, they will ensure compliance and adherence to the most recent regulations and codes of practice is top of the agenda.
Fundraising experience is not essential for the role, but we are looking for someone with the desire and self-motivation to learn and develop, and the drive and passion to change the future for those affected by dementia. The successful candidate will be able to show this, be collaborative and enthusiastic, want to learn and develop, and be keen to get involved with the activities of the team right away.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Support with planning and delivery of a wide range of supporter engagement and fundraising activities, including regular fundraiser newsletters, thanking communications, and thanking events.
- Work with others in the team to conduct mystery shopping, shadowing and call listening to measure fundraising quality and ensure compliance.
- Liaise with designers, printers, mailing houses, agencies and fulfilment houses.
- Support the day to day management of fundraising agencies and suppliers, ensuring relationships are effective and productive.
- Assist in the production and delivery of motivating fundraiser training.
- Support in recommendations for change and refinement across the direct marketing programme.
- Manage and develop our payroll giving programme including liaising with agencies, ensuring data and income processes run smoothly, and actively looking for ways to develop and improve the campaign.
Finance & Reporting
- Daily campaign tracking and reporting.
- Administer the recording, reconciliation and processing of invoices to be paid from acquisition Direct Marketing nominal codes.
- Monitoring and analysing competitor and sector activity, making recommendations to the direct marketing team on future improvements and opportunities for testing.
- Keep up to date on the latest developments within the sector relating to best practice in fundraising.
- Proof-read direct marketing materials and collateral.
- Manage the Intranet on behalf of the acquisition Direct Marketing team, ensuring content is up to date and useful to all staff.
- Regularly attend, support and contribute to meetings and events.
- Ensure compliance and adherence to the most recent regulations and codes of practice.
- Keep up to date with dementia news, research developments and the work of ARUK and consider the impact on campaigns.
- Undertake any other relevant duties and projects delegated by the Senior Direct Marketing Officer in line with the responsibilities of the post.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of using Microsoft packages; particularly Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proof reading.
- Administrative experience.
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Willingness to collaborate and work closely with other departments and external suppliers.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the confidence to communicate with people of all levels.
- Strong team player and self-motivator.
- Strong focus on results and continuous improvement.
- Flexibility to work some unsocial hours and willingness to travel independently.
Ways of working: As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £22,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more information.
The closing date for applications is the 5th June 2022, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 13th June 2022. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either the application or interview stage, please contact us via the channels on our website.
How to apply:
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
About Alzheimer’s Research UK:
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
You will be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an outstanding place to work. In 2021, we were listed 69th in the prestigious 100 Large Best Companies to Work For. We were also awarded a 2-star accreditation by Best Companies, recognising outstanding levels of workplace engagement and were listed in the 75 Best Companies to Work for in the East of England and the Charity’s 30 Best Companies to Work For.
To view further details about working for us and the benefits we offer, please visit Alzheimer’s Research UK
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Haven House Children’s Hospice supports hundreds of families, looking after children and young people who have life-limiting or life-threatening conditions. Our mission is to provide the highest quality palliative and holistic care services to children and their families in our local communities. Since the hospice began it has gone from strength to strength in both the care we provide to families as well as ensuring our audience is inspired by our work to support us.
We are looking for an individual who wants to be part of a small dynamic Marketing and Communications team within the income generation directorate, with a creative and pro-active approach. The Marketing & Digital Officer will champion all marketing activity; raise our profile through targeted awareness and assist the wider fundraising teams through analysis and reporting. We are a charity with both offline and online communications in equal measures and are driving our communications to be better integrated through digital activity and ensure a joined-up approach to delivering projects.
The role will be line managed by the Senior Marketing Manager and working closely with the Digital Lead, Community Fundraisers, Corporate Fundraisers, and our Individual Giving team. The role also requires good copy writing and editing, using design tools (Canva), organisational marketing and communication support for both online and offline marketing assets.
If you are looking for a creative and dynamic role then this may be the role for you.
As an employee you will be entitled to the following range of benefits;
- Free onsite parking
- Employee assistance programme
- Eye care voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme (company matches contribution up to 7%)
- 27 days annual leave
If you are interested in applying for the role, please download the application and job description and return to the Resourcing team at Haven House.
Closing date: Wednesday 1 June
Interview & Assessment: w/c Monday 6 June
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all our staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Salary: circa £32,000 per annum.
Location: Watford/London (Hybrid working).
If the successful candidate is based in London, they will be entitled to Inner London Allowance of £3,333.
Perks: Annual leave of 29 days, plus public holidays, flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages, annual staff awards, up to 7% employer contribution pension scheme, employee discount portal with all your favourite brands, check out more on our career's portal.
Contract/Hours: Permanent -Full-Time -35 hours per week.
Closing date: Midnight on Tuesday 31st May 2022.
If we receive a high number of applications, we may need to close earlier than advertised so get your application in quickly!
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis when suitable applications are received by Action for Children.
We're thrilled that you're considering a career with Action for Children so here's what you need to know….
At Action for Children, we believe that every child should have a safe and happy childhood. Last year, we helped more than 600,000 children and families across the UK. We work to ensure their voices are heard and we campaign to bring lasting change to their lives.
What you'll be doing:
The successful candidate will draw on specialist legacy marketing experience to manage the legacy marketing portfolio, including the stewardship of all supporters, building and establishing a legacy pipeline of support, and to oversee the development of legacy marketing campaigns at Action for Children, working collaboratively with many internal and external stakeholders and supporters.
You'll do this by:
- Utilising marketing specialism to deliver and oversee Action for Children's Legacy strategy, to maximise the potential of legacy income now and through a pipeline for the future through identification of new opportunities to drive the strategy forward.
- Widening the legacy marketing portfolio for the audiences defined in the legacy strategy through initiatives established to drive existing and new product development, communication development, innovating or other activities.
- Collaborating with colleagues and external agencies to drive the development of a compelling legacy proposition and to implement legacy marketing plans, leading to the generation of enquiries, considerers, intenders alongside a programme of communications for legacy pledgers.
- Building and managing effective and efficient relationships with prospective supporters, legacy pledgers, staff, and solicitors utilising various communication channels to maximize, recognize and reward their contribution, leading to the growth of legacy income and to enable the best possible donor care through planned supporter journeys. Use legacy marketing experience to influence decision makers.
- Overseeing the day-to-day work of the Legacy Marketing Executive(s) including encouraging growth and independence in their roles, monitoring their schedules and quality of work (including their financial and activity reports).
- Fostering a culture of data-driven decision-making and champion legacy marketing best practice and insight across the organization working collaboratively with Action for Children colleagues to achieve this.
What we need from you:
- Excellent marketing experience (including digital) and can demonstrate application within a complex organisation working with many stakeholders.
- Experience of supporting with the development of a marketing strategy, and has executed with a direct positive income for an organisation.
- The ability to manage and develop staff to drive income performance.
- Understanding of the fundraising environment (e.g. legacies, digital, community, events, individual donors, trusts, corporate, data).
- Knowledge of brand to legacy success – and how to apply through a marketing role.
- Intellectual capacity to be able to understand and appreciate the motivations of donors, supporters, and volunteers.
- The application of charity legislation, best practice guidelines and other regulatory requirements to charitable fundraising activity, or the intellectual capacity to acquire it.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our friendly Legacy Marketing Team, who are passionate about promoting and raising awareness of gifts in wills. With charitable bequests set to grow by 30% over the next decade across the sector, you will play a critical role in developing our legacy marketing portfolio at Action for Children.
Working here is so much more than a job. It's an investment of time to truly make a difference to the lives of vulnerable children, young people, and families across the UK.
We work together to reach our vision of safe and happy childhoods. Given this and our ongoing commitment to Diversity and Inclusion, we encourage applications from everyone.
We value and celebrate the diversity of those that work with us and as an inclusive workplace we want all our current and future staff to feel able to be themselves in the workplace.
If you're interested in finding out more, click apply and visit our careers portal for more information.
If, for any reason, you need support with your application, please contact David Simpson. We'll be happy to give you any support you require.
If you want to get to know us a little better, check out our socials on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook or YouTube.
GRANTS AND CONTRACTS MANAGER - Business Development and Acquisitions
Salary: up to £32,573 per annum + good range of benefits
Contract: Permanent – 36.5 hours per week
Based: Milton Keynes – Flexible UK based working arrangements may be considered
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision is an international children’s charity working with children, their communities, and with supporters and partners, in almost 100 countries.
Through long-term development projects, emergency responses and advocacy we’ve helped bring lasting change to millions of children, over more than 60 years. And as a Christian organisation, everything we do is motivated by our faith as we strive to reflect God’s unconditional love.
Work for World Vision UK and you will be part of a truly global Partnership, building brighter futures for vulnerable children.
We are looking for a Business Development & Acquisition Manager who will be responsible for coordinating, leading and supporting, assigned Field Offices and Regional Grants Acquisition and Management Directors, WV UK stakeholders in; Pre-positioning and positioning to acquire institutional and non- Institutional funding. As well as leading the grant and contracts application processes; supporting the development of high-quality-quality proposals, concept notes, and contract bids and managing both internal (World Vision UK) and external relationships.
You will join a talented and dynamic Humanitarian and International Programmes team. We are looking for a Business Development & Acquisition Manager with previous NGO work experience and a proven track record of acquiring successful grant and contract opportunities from bilateral, multilateral and private sector donors. The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of humanitarian and development theory and discourse, process, practice, and standards. Experience in forming and coordinating consortiums. Ability to work with multiple stakeholders but also independently using your initiative.
As an active Christian, this role offers you the opportunity to integrate your Christian faith and be sensitive to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
In addition to the salary offered, we offer good benefits including pension, generous holiday entitlement and free parking (MK only).
Please upload your CV of full employment history explaining any gaps of employment and reasons for leaving your previous employer. This must be accompanied with a covering letter stating how you meet the essential criteria given in the Job Description.
**Please note that you MUST be holding the Right to work in the UK documentation as unfortunately this role is not sponsored**
Closing Date for applications: 13th June 2022
Interview Dates: TBC
Please note, we reserve the right to interview and appoint before the advertised closing date.
World Vision UK is a registered organisation operating the Misconduct Disclosure Scheme (MDS) and we shall check with your previous employers about your behaviour and conduct. We will be requesting they complete a form known as a Statement of Conduct. For more information can be viewed about this on our website.
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere is at the heart of our Christian organisation. We promote diversity of thought, culture and background, which connects the entire World Vision family. As such, World Vision is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and aspire to reflect this in our workforce. We particularly welcome applications from under-represented sections of the community. World Vision UK also operates flexible working policies and practices.
As a child focused organisation, World Vision UK is committed to the safeguarding of children, therefore any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of applicable background checks, including a criminal records check.
By submitting your application, you understand and accept that World Vision UK will process the data you provide for the purposes of your application and in accordance with the World Vision UK - Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available on our website
No agencies please.
Job title: Marketing Executive
Location: Remote working in the UK
Responsible to: Marketing Manager
Salary: £25,000 - £28,000 per annum (plus London Weighting where appropriate)
Contract: Full-time, 37 hours a week
Closing Date: Sunday 12th June 2022 at 23:59
Interview Date: Week commencing 20th June 2022
Please note, that if you do not provide a covering letter, your application will not be considered.
Speakers for Schools is a dynamic, swift-moving and fast-growing charity. We are on a mission to support a million young people across the UK annually by 2023. Having taken the first steps on the road to achieving this, our team has grown tenfold in the past two years. This has supported growth in our employer network from 70 to 700 leading employers and 3800% growth in the number of work experience places offered during the same period.
We want to level the playing field, making sure that all young people can access inspirational opportunities and experiences to fuel their ambition.
We are united and unique in our mission to transform lives by raising the aspirations of millions of young people every year. Each year, 1,500 senior leaders, celebrities and industry experts deliver a difference by sharing their story with students in schools and colleges in every corner of the UK. We connect employers such as Disney, The Bank of England, Spotify, PwC and almost seven hundred others to communities to provide access to the top opportunities all across the UK. With us, you will be part of inspiring a generation to reach higher, broaden horizons and get equal access to the top.
To keep growing our charity and our impact, we need top talent and we are committed to treasuring, developing and supporting them to thrive within their roles.
Speakers for Schools Values
We are committed to levelling the playing field for young people across the UK, creating social mobility and tackling disadvantages.
We challenge our ideas of what is possible in order to better meet the needs of those we support. We are human, make mistakes, learn, evolve and adapt.
We act with empathy and bring our authentic selves to work every day. We value and respect the talent, time and intentions of those we work with.
We are one team with one mission and only by working together can we deliver better outcomes for young people. We support each other unconditionally and feel motivation in shared success as well as individual progress.
We know it takes people with different ideas, strengths, identities, interests, and cultural backgrounds to make our organisation succeed. We encourage constructive debate and critical friendship.
Are you a highly organised, creative individual with an eye for detail? Are you looking for a new challenge and somewhere to make your mark? Speakers for Schools are looking for a dynamic Marketing Executive to join our MarComms department to help support our fast-paced team in an exciting period of growth and change.
This is the perfect opportunity for a Marketing Executive to gain hands on experience and grow their career. We are looking for someone who can think on their feet and work quickly and autonomously to support the day to day workings of our team.
The Marketing Executive will report directly to the Marketing Manager but will provide support across the wider MarComms team.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- contributing to multi-channel campaign planning and rollout.
- Assisting the Creative Studio with design requests and workflow whilst acting as a Brand Guardian to help maintain brand design and best practice across the wider charity.
- Provide support to our Web Manager to help edit and maintain Speaker for Schools website including regular updates to our main programme pages.
- Managing and assisting with the production and execution of events including assisting with printed collateral requests and delivery.
- Supporting the Digital Marketing Executive with digital marketing activity including end-to-end creation and rollout of engaging email campaigns and PPC advertising.
- Assisting the Communications and Campaigns Manager with drafting quotes, proofing press releases and sourcing youth advocates for media opportunities.
- Supporting the Content Manger with community management, influencer outreach, scheduling and monitoring.
- Building relationships and communicating effectively across departments and managing internal and external stakeholder requests.
- Process orientated, coming up with effective and efficient processes and systems to support daily team practices.
- Assisting with the management of invoice tracking and budget upkeep.
Skills / Experience / Knowledge:
- Previous marketing experience is essential. You might be a Marketing Assistant looking for your next step, or an Executive level looking for a new challenge.
- A proven track record in successfully creating and facilitating marketing campaigns and supporting social media communities.
- Organised and proactive, with lots of initiative, you're able to prioritise a busy workload and consistently deliver high-quality work, often to tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Powerpoint, Word and Excel.
- Proven experience working across multiple tasks/projects at any given time.
- Good communication skills with a positive, hands-on approach to working.
- A reliable team player able to adapt to and manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills and ability to learn quickly to ensure smooth delivery processes whilst maintaining a key eye for detail.
- Enthusiasm, energy and a passion for what you do are essential.
- Understanding of Adobe Acrobat, InDesign and Photoshop beneficial but not essential.
Benefits offered at Speakers for Schools:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Morning of your birthday off
- Pension scheme
- 3 voluntary days per year
- Wellbeing programme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption package
- Subsidised office furniture
- CharlieHR perks
- £500 a year training allowance
Diversity at our core
At Speakers for Schools, we are committed to encouraging equality and diversity among our workforce, and to eliminating discrimination. Our aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best.
We welcome applications from all, including those where employment has been affected by Covid-19 and those seeking to change careers. Diversity is at our core, join us.
Disability Confident Employer
Speakers for Schools are glad to be Disability Confident Employers. This means that if you have a disability and you meet the minimum criteria for the role you will be invited to interview.
Please note that in certain recruitment situations, such as a high number of applications and seasonal and high-peak times, Speakers for Schools may limit the overall number of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people.
We usually ask for a CV and covering letter to be submitted as part of the application process. However, we understand that this is not always accessible to everyone, so we welcome video and phone call applications as alternative ways to apply. For additional information or support, please contact us.
How to apply:
Please apply as soon as possible submitting your CV and a one-page covering letter which outlines your specific interest and ability to successfully fill this role, as well as your salary expectations and current notice period. Please note, that if you do not provide a covering letter your application will not be considered.
Appointees are subject to a successful DBS check, as contact with young people is likely.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
The Journey to joining Speakers for Schools:
The closing date for this role is Sunday 12th June at 23:59
Successful candidates will be invited to interview on [INSERT INTERVIEW DATE]. Please keep this date free as alternative dates may not be possible.
Our new team member will start ASAP.
If you have not heard from us two weeks after the interview date, please presume your application has been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Prospectus is pleased to be supporting a leading London public research university, who are looking to recruit a full-time permanent Corporate Marketing Officer (part time - 21 hours). This will be a hybrid working set up with 1-2 days a week onsite (South East London).
This role sits within the Marketing and Events team within the Communications, Marketing and Recruitment Directorate. The role serves an important function of supporting the universities corporate marketing initiatives and objectives while also being flexible to support communications, marketing and events activities for the wider Directorate.
The Corporate Marketing Officer will primarily work to support the marketing activities of the universities' commercial areas as part of a world-leading institution, with a key responsibility for supporting the marketing efforts of professional services teams such as Research and Enterprise, Estates, Conferences and Accommodation.
You'll be responsible for working with the relevant teams to develop integrated marketing plans and produce marketing content (print, digital, copy and creative) to promote these areas and achieve their strategic objectives. When required you will also need to work on delivering key strategic marketing
activities for other activities.
You should be familiar with the use of a range of marketing platforms and have first-hand experience of delivering a wide variety of marketing using an omni-channel approach both paid and organic. You will need to have a good understanding and experience of web content, email CRM campaigns, social media channels, and be comfortable liaising with both internal stakeholders and external suppliers.
As a specialist Recruitment Practice we are committed to building inclusive and diverse organisations, and welcome applications from all sections of the community. We invest in your journey as a candidate and are committed to supporting you in your application.
In order to apply, simply submit your CV, covers letters are not required. Should your experience be suitable, we will send you the full job description and arrange for a call to discuss the role further.
Age UK's Fundraising department are recruiting for a proactive direct marketing professional to join their friendly and supportive team as a Senior Acquisition Marketing Executive.
This is an exciting opportunity for a direct marketer with proven experience in coordinating direct marketing campaigns, both on and offline.
As Senior Acquisition Marketing Executive, the successful applicant will develop and deliver the Age UK Lottery Acquisition programme through marketing channels including TV, VOD, radio, paid social and face to face, as well as doordrop and inserts. You will utilise your skills and experience to acquire new players through delivering agreed campaign plans, offering excellent supporter experiences and deepening our relationships with our charity audiences. In doing so, you will be helping to raise funds for Age UK and the incredible services and support they provide to older people.
You will be instrumental in the growth of the Lottery product in the Fundraising suite, with ambitious growth targets over the next three years.
Please note that due to the Hybrid nature of this role, the successful candidate will be required to commute to our co-working hub at least once a week (currently every Thursday), working in our modern new co-working hub, based in the centre of London with fantastic views overlooking Tower Bridge, surrounded by excellent amenities.
You will have:
* Proven, successful experience of managing direct response marketing campaigns.
* Experience of campaign planning and budget management.
* Project management skills working to project plans and building marketing schedules.
* Numerical and analytical skills with demonstrable experience using data analysis to inform campaign planning.
* Proven, successful experience of editing and proofing copy.
* Proven, successful experience of managing internal and external stakeholders through various processes including sign off.
* The ability to build great working relationships with internal teams to encourage a culture of collaboration.
* Proficiency in the use of MS office applications, particularly Excel and Word.
* The ability to work autonomously and be a self-starter.
* Communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with people at all levels.
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Heka Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Head of Marketing & Supporter Engagement
Our modern culture has never been more connected, but it is a disturbing fact that many people in the developing world continue to be isolated from the physical help and spiritual care they so desperately need. For remote communities impoverished by formidable physical barriers, the service MAF provides with our fleet of over 135 light aircraft is invaluable. We enable patients, relief workers, produce, medical supplies and Christian workers to be safely transported over mountains, forests, rivers, deserts and impassable roads, bringing transformational help and hope to places where flying is not a luxury – it is a lifeline.
With the needs of isolated people being greater than ever, we want to grow our prayer support, income and international staff in order to meet the increasing demand for our services worldwide.
As a result, we are seeking a Head of Marketing and Supporter Engagement to oversee the Marketing and Supporter Engagement teams. Leading the development and implementation of an innovative Marketing and Donor Acquisition Strategy to raise the profile of MAF within Churches, Christian and other relevant supporter target markets and other areas such as events within the United Kingdom.
This role sits on the Senior Leadership Team, reporting to the Head of Innovation and Development with a specific focus on increasing our digital profile and achieving generational growth in terms of supporters and donors.
There is an occupational requirement for the job holder of this position to be a committed Christian.
This is a strategic time to join MAF UK as we commence implementing our new strategic plan. We have an experienced and determined team intent on lifting more isolated people from poverty. We are seeking transformational growth in income.
This is a strategic time to join MAF UK.We have an experienced and creative team, determined on achieving transformational growth across the organisation, allowing us to support more isolated people in need.
The successful candidate will contribute to our new 5 year strategy, harness and grow the expertise of the existing team and explore fresh and innovative approaches to our products and campaigns.
You will be responsible for:
- Marketing, Engagement and Acquisition
- Line managing the leaders of the Marketing and Acquisition, MAF in the Community, and MAF Scotland teams and jointly supervise the digital matrix team with the Head of Communications.
- Supporting the development and overseeing the delivery of key implementation plans.
- Working in collaboration with the Head of Development and Innovation, leading the development and delivery of new products and innovative approaches to supporter engagement.
- Maximising the potential of existing products and resources.
- Delivering pilot projects to test and evaluate products and resources.
- Working closely with other departments to ensure delivery of a fast moving, joined-up approach to delivering successful, agile, and relevant campaigns and resources.
- To lead and develop matrix working across areas of responsibility so that strategic objectives are implemented and delivered. Work with your line manager to encompass and promote innovative ways of working and opportunities across the teams’ activities.
- Leading, managing, and coaching direct reports from the Marketing and Acquisition, MAF in the Community and MAF Scotland teams to ensure they are supported, engaged, and delivering against agreed strategies and targets
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
This role requires an inspiring, ambitious and innovative individual who has the skills and experience to build and deliver marketing strategies that positively impact awareness and growth. Someone who can work with others to translate vision into strategic priorities followed by successful implementation.
A proven leader, you will possess strong relational and communication skills and have a proven track record of successfully leading teams to build organisational profile, acquire new supporters and increase income.
It is desirable for you to have previous experience working for a Christian or charity organisation, project management know how, a background in digital platforms and other trends, be an Associate/Member of the Institute of Fundraising or other relevant body.
There is an occupational requirement for the job holder of this position to be a committed Christian.
Terms of Appointment
- Salary Range £52,000 -£56,000 per annum commensurate with experience
- Non-contributory pension scheme for staff of 10% of salary on joining.
- Paid annual leave entitlement of 33 days which includes public holidays and days between Christmas and New Year when the office is closed.
- Applicants must be UK citizens or hold a valid work permit for the UK
- Closing date: Wednesday, 8th June 2022
- Interviews will be held week commencing 27th June 2022.
- The interview process will include several assessments, details available on request.
- The appointment will be made subject to satisfactory references and health clearance.
Thank you for your interest in the work of MAF UK.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with the HR Team using the above email address should you have any questions regarding this appointment process.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Location: London office or remote (with regular travel to London office)
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Benefits: Read more about the excellent benefits we offer on our profile page
Through our diversity and inclusion strategy, we have made a commitment to increase the diversity of our charity and we welcome candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees, volunteers and trustees to represent the broad diversity of the communities of which we are a part.
We are looking for an ambitious Mass Marketing Officer to join our Marketing Team. The Mass Marketing Officer will work with our Mass Marketing Manager to deliver our multi-channel, above the line marketing campaigns. You will be responsible for delivering and managing specific aspects of the campaigns and leading on implementing our integrated marketing planning.
As part of a wider Mass Engagement directorate, you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of distinct elements of our fundraising marketing and donor recruitment activity. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to lead on specific projects to help the wider Mass Engagement Team meet its ambitious growth targets. Activity will be digitally led and will include paid social, PPC, digital display, email campaigns.
About the role
Our large-scale advertising and marketing campaigns have already started to bring about change at scale. Millions of people have seen us on their TV, at their bus stop, on their smartphone and connected with us. We’ve raised the profile of arthritis, begun to shift attitudes and generate support – but we have so much more to do and we need the right team to do it.
To ensure that our supporters’ experience is audience-led and fully integrated, the Mass Marketing Officer will work on retention projects and build a broad skillset across the spectrum of mass engagement and fundraising. This role will also work closely with colleagues in digital and campaigns to ensure fundraising is fully integrated and aligned with wider organisational activity.
The postholder will:
- Support the delivery and evaluation of innovative and creative digital engagement activity, designed to significantly increase the number of actions people take to support the charity, and particularly the number and value of donations.
- Support Mass Marketing Manager to create and manage insight and audience led engagement plans and campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with agencies and colleagues to develop creative concepts and tactics that meet our core audiences needs and motivations.
- Take on specific projects in mass retention depending on wider team priorities.
Alongside your marketing experience, gained either in an agency or in-house, you will be able to:
- Lead on independent projects.
- Understand different audiences, their needs and motivations.
- Implement a test and learn approach to campaign planning and delivery.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- Work independently, manage varied workloads, and work to deadlines.
- Interpret performance insights, make recommendations for improvement and apply them.
- Think creatively and turn ideas into practice.
- Engage critically with creative concepts and plans across the team and share thoughts constructively.
- Learn about and keep up with the wider work of the charity.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across levels to develop innovative and engaging content.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Previous applicants need not apply.
First interviews: Date to be confirmed, via Microsoft Teams.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
The Talent Set are excited to be working with Scope to find their new Marketing Account Manager.
This role is on offer as a 12-month FTC.
Scope is a charity which exists to create a fair and equal society for disabled people. They provide practical advice and emotional support whenever people need them most. Working to achieve a society where all disabled people enjoy equality and fairness.
Flexible working patterns are available, and this role can be fully remote or hybrid working in their London Office. Part-time employment is also available.
We are looking for a passionate marketeer to support the creation and delivery of marketing campaigns, project managing key workstreams and support the development and planning of robust multichannel marketing strategies to achieve campaign objectives.
- Manage key marketing workstreams ensuring they are delivered on time, to budget and achieve key objectives
- Support the wider account management team to ensure all marketing campaigns are delivered to agreed budget and ROI, prioritising workload and focus areas
- Delivery of smaller end-to-end campaigns through efficient, process-driven project management
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve our objectives
- Delivery of key workstreams that support multichannel marketing strategies across online and offline channels for key campaigns
- The ability to demonstrate creativity and innovation to support the creation and delivery of end-to-end marketing campaigns complete with robust and cost-effective marketing strategies across online and offline channels
- Decisions based on the value to Scope: reach, impact and financial sustainability
- Willing to take calculated risks and able to clearly articulate risks versus opportunities
- Able to build and manage strong stakeholder relationships
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
To be considered for this position please apply with your CV as soon as possible.
We are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practices that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make reasonable adjustments to always ensure a fair process.
Please note we are working with Scope exclusively for this recruitment, any third party CVs submitted will be redirected to The Talent Set for review. Regrettably please note we may not be able to reply to each and every application.
There is a child hunger crisis in the UK; Covid-19 and the inflated cost of living has magnified an already desperate situation, with as many as 2.5 million children at risk of starting their day having had nothing to eat. A hungry child cannot concentrate. For just 28p, however, Magic Breakfast can provide a healthy breakfast to a child and expert support to their school, opening up hours of crucial lesson time in the morning. Every days we offering breakfasts to over 200,000 children each school day.
Since being established twenty years ago, Magic Breakfast has been steadfastly committed to ensuring no child in the UK is prevented from accessing their education because they are too hungry. We work with schools to target those pupils at risk of hunger and provide them with a healthy breakfast, without barrier or stigma.
Following our new CEO, Lindsey MacDonald joining us in November 2021 we undertook a review of our organisational structure which led to the creation of Policy and Engagement department, combining our communications, campaigning, research and policy functions in one department. Following this and the recent appointment of Jacquie Bance de Vasquez as Director of Policy and Engagement, we have developed a new strategy, restructuring and expanding the team to meet the challenge of ending morning hunger for now, and for good, enabling us to better leverage and build on our social impact, engagement, and influencing.
The Brand and Marketing team is a new team whose purpose is to significantly increase awareness, engagement and reputation of Magic Breakfast. The postholder will be responsible for leading, the strategic direction and developing a high performing and ambitious team.
As a new role, this is an opportunity to shape our approach, trialling new tactics and pushing the boundaries to make Magic Breakfast a household name.
We are seeking a creative and dynamic individual with significant experience of developing and managing a brand strategy as well as leading and measuring marketing communications campaigns using audience insight and data to evidence impact and success. In addition, they will have considerable team management experience and will be able to inspire and motivate a growing team.
We have a firm commitment to encouraging fairness and diversity in our workforce and we encourage applications from people who identify as Black, Asian or from a Minority background, who are underrepresented in our organisation.
For further details and to apply visit our website.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Rochdale and District Mind are an independent local mental health charity who provide services to support the mental health and emotional wellbeing of the diverse communities of the Rochdale borough. We won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health issue and poor emotional wellbeing gets both support and respect.
We are seeking to recruit a Marketing, Events and Engagement Coordinator to work within our Business Services team. The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in marketing or equivalent and have experience in delivering effective campaigns and a passion for creating engaging events.
- The Marketing, Events and Engagement Co-ordinator is a key role in the organisation that co-ordinates and markets the service via all media platforms. In addition, the co-ordinator will manage all literature promoting the organisation, lead on marketing campaigns and attend events and outreach venues to ensure provision of information throughout the borough.
- The coordinator also works with the Management team and others in the organisation to develop and implement communications strategies with Rochdale and District Mind key audiences. This will include service users/families, community supporters, other Local Minds, Mind in Greater Manchester, National Mind, fundraisers, prospective funders, and Trustees.
- This pivotal position is responsible for coordinating organisation-wide communications. Collaboration will be needed with others in the organisation to achieve brand consistency, coordination of messages, and the highest standards for external communications.
- The Marketing, Events and Engagement Co-ordinator will organise and coordinate campaigning and consultation events, such as recognised mental health awareness events, to raise awareness of mental health and emotional wellbeing within the diverse of the Borough.
Hours: 30-35 hours per week
Salary: £19,245.23-£20,533.91 (30 hour pro rata)
£22,175.58 – £23,660.47 (based on 35 hours)
Dependant on experience and qualifications
Closing date for applications day 29th May 2022 at Midnight.
Shortlisting 30th May 2022.
Interviews to be held 31st May 2022.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
We are excited to be partnered with the British Red Cross to help find their next Marketing Officer. This role will be key in supporting new partners and the ongoing stewardship following the surge in support during the British Red Cross Ukraine Crisis Appeal. This is an initial 6-month contract with a potential for a permanent contract.
- To deliver multi-channel, integrated marketing plans which support the charity’s commercial partnerships as directed by your line manager.
- Managing multiple marketing activations, regularly reviewing performance, completing all outcomes-focussed evaluations in a timely manner and sharing with stakeholders and eliciting feedback.
- Contribute to external partnership reports to ensure communications programmes are included and measured effectively.
- Work with the design team to deliver all activity on brand in terms of visual identity and messaging and scheduled optimally and work closely in partnership with in-house communications specialists and external agencies as appropriate to deliver integrated marketing solutions.
- Be the first point of contact for comms related queries from the corporate partnerships team, and work with them to develop communications briefs where required.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and at all levels of the organisation.
- A demonstrable understanding of the role of brand in positioning an organisation.
- An understanding of visual identity.
- Ability to take minutes, develop creative briefs, produce high quality presentations and reports. Ability to manage large workloads and conflicting priorities using own initiative.
- Ability to create and manage schedules and meet deadlines
What's on offer:
This a full-time role offering a salary of c.£28,000-£33,000. The role is flexible being either a remote or hybrid role with 2 days in their central London office. Initial 6-month contract with a potential for a permanent contract.
Please apply today so as not to miss out!
We are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practises that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make reasonable adjustments to always ensure a fair process.
Marketing Campaign Manager (Legacies)
Wildlife Charity, Surrey
£32,937 + Fantastic Benefits and Hybrid Working
Our client is a world famous wildlife charity who are looking to recruit a Marketing Campaign Manager to focus on growing and developing their Legacy Fundraising. The Charity has experienced continuous innovation and improvement which is integral to their approach and individual Marketing and Legacies provides over 70% of the Charity's total voluntary income. This area has seen very healthy growth with income increasing by over two-thirds since 2008.
Your role will involve the management of legacy marketing activities, including but not limited to; direct mail, telephone and advertising campaigns, management of legacy web pages and social/digital activity, Free Wills Network and legacy events. You will champion legacies internally using multiple channels to drive a cultural shift towards legacies as a vital income stream. In addition to this, you will liaise with various teams across the organisation to obtain relevant information and approvals required for campaign delivery, along with liaising with and update all internal stakeholders coordinating sign off and appropriate feedback for campaigns i.e. brand and media, global programmes.
- Legacy fundraising experience or marketing experience, gained either from the Charity Sector or Commercial Sector
- Demonstrated ability to manage and allocate resources effectively to meet work plan objectives
- Experience of successfully developing relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Understanding of digital media and the use of digital channels for marketing communications
- Motivated self-starter looking to apply their energy and enthusiasm to seek out new and inspiring ways to build long term engagement with our supporters
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Charity People are handling all applications for this role; interested applicants should send their CV in the first instance.
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We want to do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a growing social enterprise supported by the best of British designers helping prisoners with their rehabilitative journey. Fine Cell Work is a charity which makes beautiful handmade products in British prisons, teaching prisoners high-quality needlework boosting their self-worth, instilling self-discipline, fostering hope and encouraging them to lead independent, crime-free lives.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, creative person with excellent communication skills and a passion for promoting social enterprise. You will need to demonstrate marketing training and/or experience with an interest in driving sales across all channels. The successful candidate must understand and be passionate about the work of the charity.
For the full job description and person specification please see the attached documents. Do visit our website for to learn more about what we do.
To apply please submit a covering letter and CV demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role.
Core Job Purpose:
The Sales and Marketing Coordinator supports the Sales and Ecommerce Manager and Comms and PR Manager with all areas of sales (including pop-ups and events) and marketing including social media and is responsible for preparing and sending a fortnightly e-newsletter to our customer database and scheduling sales-related posts on social media.
- Responsible for the management and updating of the e-commerce website (Shopify), ensure the charity information is up-to-date and support online sales.
- Website management and merchandising, including creating any design changes, updating and creating content, implementing changes and all troubleshooting and testing.
- Responsible for overseeing and facilitating the despatch of web sales including training of volunteers and ex-prisoners, who we refer to as apprentices, to support despatch.
- Ensure all shipping requirements are met, keeping up-to-date with international shipping regulations.
- Support the Sales and Ecommerce Manager generating the monthly sales reports and sales analysis.
- Responsible for preparing and sending fortnightly e-newsletters to our customer database.
- Support the Comms and PR Manager with timely posts on the social media channels, managing engagement.
- As being part of the design and marketing team, contribute to the 5-year marketing plan and product innovation pipeline, sharing creative input and insights based on customer data and analysis.
- Be the first point of call for customer queries, answering the phone and responding to customer queries via email in a helpful and timely manner.
- Resolving any order fulfilment issues, making sure the customer experience remains positive.
Pop-ups and Events
- Responsible for the day to day running and merchandising of pop-up shops (1-3 times per year of 2 to 4 weeks), including redesigning the window display and stock placement.
- Working with the Volunteer and Programmes Coordinator to ensure we have enough volunteers to man shops.
- Ensuring that sufficient stock is available at Fine Cell Work’s sales events (5/6 large events annually, with responsibility for approximately 8 small sales events). As part of the sales and events team, sell our products and promote the work of the charity at events.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.