Director Of Field Operations Jobs in Glasgow
The Biochemcial Society is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager to oversee the communication tools and channels of the Group to engage stakeholders and increase its reach and impact.
In this role, the postholder will be responsible for managing/developing collateral and implementing campaigns (with automation wherever possible) to drive event registrations, bring submissions to our journals, increase usage of content/resources, raise the profile of the Group’s offerings, and support and drive revenues.
The postholder will plan and implement and/or oversee all elements, including writing high-impact copy, sending email campaigns, reporting on metrics, and co-ordinating marketing activity at/for relevant events.
Suitable candidates will have a strong track record of measurable marketing activity, using online marketing tools and web-based content management systems. They will also have experience in developing and delivering successful strategic and tactical marketing campaigns and outreach/engagement, ideally facing an international audience.
Although advertised as remote, there are options available for working within an office in London up to a few days per week, should that be preferred.
For more information, please visit our website.
Closing date: 13th March 2024
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please note that this role is home-based and as such interviews will be virtual.
Please send a CV and covering letter. It is important that you DO NOT include your Personal Information i.e. name and contact details in your CV or Cover Letter.
This is because the Society is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies to support staff from different backgrounds.
The Society takes the security of your data seriously. It has internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
Please note that due to limited resources it is not possible for the Society to acknowledge receipt of applications. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United Kingdom. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.”
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Since being founded in 1995, Railway Children has had one mission: to keep street-connected children safe wherever they are in the world. In India, Tanzania and the UK, we’ve saved and changed the lives of vulnerable children at risk of a life on the streets – or already surviving their cruelty. We’ve achieved landmark policy changes across all three countries to better protect street-connected children. Our goal is global change, and we won’t stop until every child at risk of being lost to the streets is protected. We’ve already achieved a lot with the help of our partners and supporters. But there’s more to do.
As our current Finance Director prepares to move on after 15 years of outstanding service, we are seeking a highly talented and inspiring candidate to help take the organisation forward and guide us towards long-term financial success across the international group.
Directing our fantastic teams in the UK, India and Tanzania, you will bring a cohesive and strategic approach to our financial planning, strengthening the departments for sustainability and growth.
In line with our values, we are seeking a talented individual, who is a courageous, resilient, strategic thinker, capable of building a vision for our finances and taking the team with them on that journey. As well as being an outstanding guardian of our finances and delivering financial excellence, you will bring inspiring leadership and support the senior leadership team to always uphold our values across the Railway Children group.
We're looking for an inspiring and collaborative individual, who can demonstrate the following:
- Significant experience of senior accounting including reporting to a Board/Finance Committee
- Experience of charity finance practice and governance
- Track record of managing significant budgets, financial reporting, financial systems, and cash flow.
- Experience of strategic financial planning and budget preparation.
- Proven experience of leading finance teams and managing at a senior level.
- Experience of strategic planning and evaluation to drive improvement and performance.
- Strong track record of managing and negotiating procurement and contracts.
For further information about Railway Children and the full role description and person specification, please download the Candidate Information Pack.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please ensure you provide:
- A comprehensive CV, including your recent achievements, and the details of two referees.
- A supporting statement addressing your motivations for applying and how you meet the criteria listed in the person specification. This should be no longer than two sides of A4.
Closing date for applications: Friday 15th March 2024
Preliminary Interviews with Russam: Wednesday 20th March 2024
Interviews with Railway Children: Over weeks commencing 8th & 15th April 2024 (dates TBC)
We look forward to receiving your application.
Goodwall (goodwall.io) is a mobile-first platform connecting Gen Z (16-26 year olds) to opportunity. We leverage technology and an ecosystem of purpose-driven partners to empower youth on their journey through the world of education & work to reach their full potential and make society better.
Goodwall has a mission to level the playing field for youth globally and through its social enterprise model it serves over 2 million youth from 150+ countries. We help those who don’t go to branded educational institutions showcase their talent, connect to a supportive community, access free skill building opportunities and connect to jobs, internships and scholarships.
Goodwall is disrupting how youth access opportunity and are assessed on their potential. Our innovative approach has had us selected most recently as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer Company in 2023, and recognition from various media including Fast Company, Forbes 30 under 30, CNN and others. Goodwall has become a strategic partner to Fortune 500s as well as governmental and IOGs such as the UN to make sure no youth is left behind.
Goodwall is a diverse multicultural team between Europe, Africa and Asia with operations in the US and LATAM. Goodwall is financially and strategically backed by leading investors. Goodwall has raised over $25M in funding from leading strategic and financial backers.
As Partnerships Director, your role will be to grow our existing partnerships and secure new partnerships in the impact and development sectors. It is a multi-faceted role that includes partnership development, understanding of programming, concept note development as well as proposal writing.
Leveraging your deep understanding of the social impact space and ecosystem of partners, you will play a pivotal role in advancing our revenue targets, as well as the development of our programs and strategic positioning. Your proficiency in managing public-private partnerships and navigating the grants and tenders landscape will also be part of your success in this role. Deep understanding of the social impact space, experience and navigational ability within an entity like or similar to the United Nations is a prerequisite.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
Own and lead the Social Impact and Business Development strategy within your portfolio, in collaboration with the rest of the Partnerships team and in coordination with the Leadership Team.
Leverage Goodwall and your personal network to strengthen and scale up existing partnerships and cultivate new relationships with key actors in the space - use your knowledge of the sector and stakeholders to identify funding opportunities.
Steer complex relationships with a range of partners, including Fortune 500 companies, foundations, governmental agencies, United Nations agencies and other leading organizations.
Lead the proposal, and concept note writing of proposals as required.
Collaborate cross-functionally to improve the quality, clarity, and standardization of proposals for various projects, ensuring they align with the organization's social impact goals and best practices.
Based on your expertise on impact measurement, help drive the transformation of our Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) strategies to assess the effectiveness and outcomes of social impact programs.
Translate your understanding of the social impact landscape into innovative strategies that drive revenue growth.
Act as Goodwall’s social impact specialist, serving as the go-to person internally for inquiries and externally in partner conversations.
Stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and emerging tools and methodologies related to social impact, and integrate them into the organization's strategy.
A hands-on, organized professional who does not need layers above or below to deliver excellence with the following attributes:
10+ years of professional work experience in the design and development of large scale programs in the social impact sector (i.e. development aid, CSR, ESG, humanitarian, social enterprises, etc). Experience in the sectors of youth upskilling, youth development and employment, digital skills, and informal learning are considered a plus.
Track record of results in fundraising, proposal development and co-creating large-scale partnerships with global organizations from the private and public sectors.
Outstanding capacity to manage relationships, understanding diplomacy, priorities and needs of a number of different partners, adapting to the audience and facilitating relationships.
Enjoy participating in the different stages of partnership creation alongside different colleagues from initial co-creation to contract signature including development and negotiation of joint initiatives.
Extensive experience in the development of the material required to formalize partnerships and enable funding: deck presentations, proposal documents, detailed budgets, work plans, contracts and MoUs, tender/grant application, reporting, etc.
Experience leveraging multi-stakeholders partnerships and combining different sources of funding and funding mechanisms.
Capacity to navigate the ways of working and procedures of a wide range of partners, to facilitate decision-making and funding allocation and disbursement.
Entrepreneurial problem-solver with a data-driven growth mindset.
A strong communicator internally and externally, and enjoy working with partners and colleagues from diverse international backgrounds and work experiences.
Comfortable working autonomously in a distributed environment, leveraging Salesforce, Notion and other productivity tools.
Ability to operate in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment that allows you to adapt and deliver results under pressure.
Enjoy the multi-faceted dimensions of this role from the technical aspects, to partnership development.
Enjoy getting things done, focusing on immediate results whilst contributing to the long-term strategy of the team.
You are genuinely excited and aligned with our mission, demonstrating a strong commitment to making a positive social impact.
What we offer
- A mission you can be proud of and a meaningful fulfilling opportunity and responsibility to really impact the future of the next generation.
- To leverage cutting edge technology and work alongside globally leading organisations to achieve outside impact.
- Autonomy to manage your time and efforts to achieve our goals.
- A challenging, fast-moving environment working with an international team where change is constant and creativity is celebrated.
- A position with the potential to evolve as you acquire new skills, grow, influence and take on new responsibilities.
- Competitive compensation and a flexible work environment with a great team.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
The Nature Positive Initiative Secretariat is a small team that also engages widely with partner organizations and works in a fast-paced environment. We seek an Administration and Special Projects Coordinator who will support the Executive Director, oversee a range of administrative functions, undertake special projects and provide essential support at special events.
This role completes a broad variety of tasks that allow the Executive Director and NPI Secretariat to effectively operate including:
● Assists the Executive Director in the day-to-day management of the Nature Positive Initiative
● Operates and performs with considerable independence, diversified secretarial duties using initiative and judgment and with knowledge of project matters;
● Supports the Executive Director in the fulfillment and execution of duties, both to ensure an effective managing of the Initiative, and to liaise effectively with key stakeholders as needed;
● Manage key administrative duties for the NPI Secretariat in coordination with the Executive Director, Rockefeller Philanthropy Partners and other stakeholders, to ensure smooth operations and running of the NPI Secretariat, including contacts with vendors, consultants and other external suppliers;
● Create and maintain, adapting as appropriate, a sophisticated electronic filing system for NPI Secretariat;
● Answers and screens enquiries, email and correspondence independently where possible, based on familiarity with subject matter;
● Organises travel/accommodation, including negotiating fares, visas, costs and itineraries;
● Organises and prioritises agenda, meetings and appointments and endeavours to streamline Director’s workload;
● Provides support for internal meetings including minutes, coordinating travel arrangements, preparing relevant travel documents;
● Edits correspondence, reports and documents; Creates spreadsheets and presentations;
● Lead on Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) implementation across the team and with partners, reporting on NPIs work in alignment with proposals and workplans, and prepares reports for funders;
● Manages special projects in close cooperation with the Executive Director, including events production;
● Undertakes other tasks or ad hoc projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
Skills and Qualifications
● A degree in conservation, management, business administration or a relevant field is an advantage. An advanced degree is preferable;
● 3-5 years professional experience in a coordination role;
● Proven success in supporting the development and execution of conservation advocacy strategies;
● Knowledge and experience of the not-for-profit sector, especially environmental non-government organisations is an advantage;
● Proven success in a multicultural international setting, with good awareness and sensitivity of different cultures and ability to communicate cross-culturally and with superlative diplomatic and communication skills;
● Excellent organisation skills, ability to prioritise, attention to detail;
● At ease dealing with people and tasks at different levels;
● Excellent team player with good networking and interpersonal skills;
● Excellent computer knowledge and office software, including Excel, graphs, PowerPoint, internet, intranet, and database;
● An interest in the field of nature conservation, organizational strategy, planning and performance;
● Proven conservation/coordination background with an overall understanding of the sector including key aspects of conservation, policy and multilateral fora;
● Proven ability to lead and deliver outcomes in a diverse environment without having direct oversight or control;
● Good technical skills necessary to develop strategies, implement and evaluate;
● Familiarity with Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting;
● Fluency in English required. Fluency in other languages that are widely used at an international level is a distinct advantage.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.