Passionate about animal welfare, Wood Green, The Animals Charity is a leading organisation that's dedicated to improving the lives of creatures great and small.
We are looking for a People Coordinator to join our friendly and busy People Services team on a permanent, part time basis.
In this interesting and varied HR role, you will be working with an supporting the Head of People Services in providing a fantastic service to our employees, managers, volunteers and external candidates.
As the People Coordinator, you will be the first point of contact for general enquiries to the department, along with providing day to day generalist HR support.
You will be responsible for maintaining our HR systems and ensuring our employee data is a timely reflection of our workforce. You will support employees and manager with our policies and processes and provide effective and efficient HR administration. Supporting the People Services team with monthly payroll processing, you will ensure the accurate input of employee changes and help with the coordination of absences and one-off payments.
You will support our Talent Acquisition team with recruitment, liaising with candidates and supporting the new starter process. This includes producing contracts of employment, co-ordinating pre-employment checks and ensuring new starters have a great onboarding experience.
An interest in providing exceptional customer service will be critical in this role, along with a strong interest in HR and impressive organisational skills.
You will need:
- significant experience in all aspects of HR administration, including experience of working with data bases/cloud based systems.
- strong IT skills, particularly proficient in the use of Microsoft 365, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- to be detail orientated with the ability to accurately enter data and identify discrepancies.
CIPD level 3 (or equivalent) is desirable.
This is a part time role, working 24 hours per week over 4 days, based at our site in Godmanchester.
Salary - Up to £24,000 FTE, £15,360 pro rata (24 hours per week) depending on experience.
If this sounds of interest and you would like to apply please follow the link at the bottom of this page and send us a copy of your CV and additional supporting information. We look forward to receiving your application!
Overall purpose of the job
The Income Assistant will record and track income due and received, primarily in relation to the licences and tenancies of Jimmy’s residents. The post holder will work across several different systems, and act as a point of contact for queries on housing benefit and service charges from Jimmy’s support staff.
The working hours for this post are 16 hours per week, to be worked between Monday and Friday – timings to be discussed at interview based on the availability and needs of both the postholder and Jimmy’s. The post holder may on occasions be required to work some hours flexibly to meet the needs of the organisation.
We envisage that this role would be predominantly home-based, with regular visits to Jimmy’s sites in order to meet colleagues and keep abreast of the organisation’s work.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Record housing benefit received for each resident on our central database, Landlord Vision. Highlight when amounts received differ from what was expected.
- Liaise with Support Workers to create, manage and end resident licences and tenancies on Landlord Vision, including managing the invoicing module.
- Act as a central point of contact for support staff, dealing with queries on housing benefit claims and resident finances or referring these back to the Finance Team as appropriate.
- Record rent and service charge income received from Jimmy’s residents by cash, BACS, standing order or credit card, and work with the rest of the Finance Team to resolve any queries on this.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly letters and statements for residents who are in arrears, and act as the first point of contact for support workers with questions on these.
- Assist the Finance Team by downloading and preparing donation income reports from third party sites.
- Assist the Finance Team with the creation and maintenance of a detailed asset register for the charity.
- Other suitable duties as required.
This job description is a general outline of the responsibilities of the post holder and may be amended by Jimmy’s as the service develops and the expectations of the role change. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
- Prior knowledge or experience of Landlord Vision software is not required, but ability and willingness to learn to use this system is essential (full training will be given)
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Ability to prepare, collate and interpret reports
- Proven track record of relevant administration experience, ideally financial
- Competent and experienced in the use of Excel
- A commitment to the core values of Jimmy’s
- Knowledge of the welfare benefit system, especially housing benefit
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.