Management accountant sun jobs
What’s my CV Worth?
How much could you earn in the charity sector? Use our CV checker to find out.Check Now
A fantastic opportunity to join the Financial Reporting team as an Assistant Accountant. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the team with the documentation, maintenance and improvement of financial processes, controls and data, as well as taking responsibility for a range of detailed accounting tasks. For the right candidate there will be opportunity to receive full study support towards professional qualifications.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work, providing a supportive culture with opportunities to grow and develop your career, achieve a healthy work life balance and to be recognised for the great work you do. The role benefits from a competitive salary, generous pension, hybrid, flexible working, 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) - increasing to 38 days over 5 years, options to buy and sell holiday, free first/mental aid first aider courses, Blue Light shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme, life assurance, flu jab, eye care, mental health and wellbeing tools and volunteering days.
Please see the job description for more detail (this can be viewed on our website or once you click apply)
- Experience in preparing and explaining accounting transactions
- Experience of complex reconciliation of financial information
- Experience in using SUN and Proactis or similar accounting systems
- Knowledge of accounting principles under UK GAAP
- Able to use Microsoft technologies at an advanced level including Excel
- Capable of multi-tasking and prioritising work to meet challenging deadlines
- Professional Accounting Qualification (part qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA or Level 4 AAT) or demonstrably qualified by experience is desirable.
About the Role:
Key responsibilities include:
- Handling complex financial reconciliation processes
- Performing creditor account reconciliations, together with variance analysis and investigation where necessary
- Involvement in monthly and year-end financial reporting
- Involvement in VAT checking processes
- Providing month end support to the Management Accounts team, including the reconciliation of accounts, as well as the creation and posting of journals relating to and reconciliation of accrual, prepayment and accrued and deferred income balances
- Completion of year end audit requests and preparation of statutory accounts processes
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of over 1,700 employees and over 30,000 volunteers, united by our goal of saving lives through essential first aid services, training and campaigning. As a charity with rich heritage and a long history of serving humanity, we are proud of our past and excited about creating a healthier, safer, more resilient future.
St John Ambulance are committed to increasing the diversity of our team and making sure we best reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.At St John, everyone is valued and supported to thrive, we have several networks including Multi Culture, Disability and Accessibility, Pride, Family and Carers and Women’s groups. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination and engender a sense of belonging for all, by creating an environment of mutual respect, where we value unique differences and demonstrate authentic allyship. We believe passionately in equality, diversity and inclusion.
Please note: St John does not accept speculative CVs and will only review CVs sent in application for an advertised vacancy.
Recruitment Agencies: We are not utilising the services of recruitment agencies for this vacancy and will accept direct applications only.
Our Financial Accounting team in Birmingham are looking for someone who has a good all-round technical and financial process knowledge and great attention to detail to join the team full time as an Assistant Financial Accountant. You will have already be part or fully qualified or QBE.
You will be supporting the provision of monthly information, the production of charity statutory accounts, preparing charity statutory returns including VAT and assisting with transactional work as required. The work you will be doing will be invaluable to support and inform internal and external stakeholders of the Prince’s Trust charity and its subsidiaries.
The role is perfect for you if you have already experience of working in a busy charity finance team, are willing to be adaptable in the role and want to develop your career in the charity sector.
The Team are currently working on a hybrid basis, split between home working and regular attendance in the Birmingham Centre.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Home based, UK or Europe
This is a critical support function to the Finance, HR and Administration team. It is a multi-faceted role with responsibilities for accountancy, in particular the management of the annual audits and accounts. Be the point of contact for HR and Administration functions. Working with our accounting firms, payroll firms in the respective countries, this role will lead on all of the audit processes for the UK, EU and Australian arms of the Foundation and will also provide support to the US and Hong Kong as and when necessary.
- Lead on the format and messaging of the global accounts and global annual review and ensure that we provide an accurate and transparent report.
- Lead on the UK, German, Italian, Luxembourg and Australian audits and work with relevant stakeholders to ensure they are completed accurately and on time each year. Point of contact between the finance team and external auditors to ensure queries are resolved throughout the audit process.
- Work with the gift processing teams, third party fulfilment houses and the Finance team to ensure all income and expense records are filed correctly to support annual audit processes and in line with charity/company regulations.
- Ensure accurate coding is in place across all financial systems.
- Monthly accountancy - perform or assist with the book-keeping for each market as required.
- Manage staff expenses including reimbursement.
- Point of contact for staff credit cards. Manage allocation and use.
- Manage global bank accounts. Responsibility for keeping signatories, users and authorisers/directors up to date and in line with internal policies and when there are staff changes. Provide financial info to the Finance team as required. Oversee the set up of new accounts as required.
- Ensure day-to-day banking is carried out in line with our Customer Service Charter.
- Manage monthly transfers between bank accounts, supplier accounts and merchant providers for all markets in liaison with Finance team located at headquarters. Obtain required approvals and ensure operational balances are in place.
- Carry out finance related reconciliations such as expenditure reconciliation, bank reconciliation and payment platform reconciliation.
- Point of contact & account manager for payment platforms and merchant accounts, keeping information up to date etc.
HR and Administration:
- Recruitment and retention, including labour engagement for UK, German, Italy, Luxembourg and Australia.
- Work with our Global HR team to ensure Training and Development, performance maintenance, employee relations are well maintain.
- Coordinate / arrange the European staff salaries, and other markets as required.
- Oversee supplier accounts/services & contract management: Keep records up to date, manage payments, maintain online accounts eg, office facilities and insurances. Management of global PO Boxes and international postal services. Ensure they are renewed in time.
- Manage all subscription requirements for the Supporter Engagement team (IT, sector, compliance etc).
- Management of staff mobile phone contracts.
- Control and monitor purchasing costs, including office.
- Manage UK petty cash.
- Manage the global fixed asset registers.
- Create and manage inventory of staff resources incl. IT equipment.
- Assist the budget preparation.
- Assist with the creation of performance reports and other (ad hoc) reports as required.
- Provide support for financial, HR processes as required.
- Design and maintain filing systems.
- Ensure that inter-department and inter-personal relationships are positive, cohesive, and contribute to the overall mission of AAF.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with management in regard to work procedures and employee relations.
Continuous Improvement and Misc.:
- Contribute to the on-going review, development and implementation of changes to improve the productivity and efficiency of AAF.
- Participate in staff training and performance and development appraisal process to assist in the achievement of AAF objectives and mission.
- Ensure procedure manuals are updated in line with changes.
To apply Please send CV’s with covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification and why you should be considered for this role.
Please include the job title in the subject line of your email.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
I am recruiting for an experienced and motivated Finance Manager for a 6 month assignment with one of my key clients in the not for profit space.
You will be responsible for overseeing the key financial transactional activities, include overseeing end-to-end finance operations, payroll, balance sheet reconciliations, , as well as ad-hoc projects and requests as and when they arise. Overseeing the monitoring and budget setting will also be your responsibility.
Experience of the following 2 things is key:
- Experience of recommending and implementing improvements to procedures and controls - assisting in the development of policies and procedures for the charity and limited company, including, but not limited to, those affecting risk management and financial controls
- Experience of managing staff - you will oversee a team of 3 Finance Officers in this role
Other duties will include supporting the production of annual financial statements for the charity and consolidated accounts for the group, including supporting their audit, preparing and submitting VAT returns.
You will be responsible for supervising the maintenance of appropriate accounting records and ensuring the timely production of management information for the charity and limited company, as well as managing the payroll and ensure that payments and returns to the HMRC are completed as required, including monthly RTI.
The successful candidate will be able to evidence that they have previous experience of overseeing the accounts payable function, ensuring the integrity of the purchasing process plus overseeing the sales ledger and credit control function, ensuring the accurate recording of the charity's varied sources of income.
This is a role that offers 90% remote working and prior experience of working in the not for profit space and with SUN accounts is ideal, but not essential. It also offers the potential to go "temp to perm".
For a full job description and more details on the client and the position in general, please apply - interviews will be this week!
This is an exciting interim Accounts Assistant role working for a national charity based in Central London. Reporting to the Financial Accountant the successful Accounts Assistant will be responsible for overseeing the operational accounting including purchase and sales ledger.
Day to day duties of the Accounts Assistant will include;
- Processing and reconciling all income
- Matching, batching and coding invoices
- Process staff expenses
- Complete monthly bank statement reconciliations
- Raising relevant sales ledger
- Chasing outstanding payment
- Completing relevant payment runs
- Ensuring that all departmental income queries are handles effectively
This is an ideal role for an experienced finance professional who has operated in similar role ideally within the charity sector. Applicants should ideally have experience of working with an accounting software such as SUN, and confident user of Excel including sorting data.
This is a full time role working 35 hours a week, and my client offers the flexibility to work from home. If you are interested in applying for this role through TPP recruitment then please do by sending your CV to [email protected]
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.
This Finance Officer role sits between Finance and the wider organisation, working alongside the Supporter Care Team reconciling the growing individual income as well as supporting the Finance Team in other areas of reconciliation and control.
Process monthly income information into the SUN finance system from fundraising system (Raisers Edge) on a timely basis, with high accuracy
- Reconciliation of public fundraising income reported in SUN with all methods of processing receipts of these funds received on a monthly basis
- Represent finance in GiftAid claim process and related process improvement. Work with public fundraising team on GiftAid claims, conducting spot checking and overall checks to ensure consistent/timely claims are made
- Verify and reconcile GiftAid claims recorded in Raisers Edge and SUN
- Reconcile GiftAid claimed versus received in bank/other systems
- Record in SUN incoming grant/contract funds in UK banks, attribute to donor accounts (minimum of weekly) and support Programme Implementation (in-country finance) team's reconciliations of these
The Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) is a unique and dynamic membership organisation which comprises 15 of the UK’s leading humanitarian charities: Action Against Hunger, ActionAid UK, Age International, British Red Cross, CAFOD, CARE International UK, Christian Aid, Concern Worldwide (UK), International Rescue Committee (IRC), Islamic Relief Worldwide, Oxfam GB, Plan International UK, Save the Children UK, Tearfund and World Vision UK.
When a large scale disaster hits countries without the capacity to respond, the DEC brings together our 15 member charities to raise funds quickly and efficiently. In these times of crisis, people in life-and-death situations need our help and our mission is to save, protect and rebuild lives through effective humanitarian response.
Pooling our resources to work as one, we are pivotal in co-ordinating the UK public's response to overseas disasters. In collaboration with our Rapid Response Network of national media and corporate partners, we raise the alarm to the UK public and set up easy ways to donate, with the majority of our funds raised over an intensive two-week period following a disaster.
Since our launch in 1963, we have run over 70 fundraising appeals and raised more than £1.7bn, saving countless lives and rebuilding communities.
We are now looking for a Finance & Resources Assistant to join our team on a permanent basis and provide effective and efficient support to the Finance and Resources and wider staff teams.
- Salary of £24,000 per annum
- Great benefits package
- Support humanitarian efforts across the globe
If you have experience working in a busy office support or administrative role and are looking to further your career, this is a brilliant opportunity to use your expertise and organisational skills to support our important work.
In this key role, you’ll have the chance to work across many different aspects of our organisation, from office administration to finance, providing invaluable support to our teams and playing your part in vital humanitarian efforts.
It’s a great opportunity to develop new skills, gain knowledge in new areas and enhance your experience and portfolio all whilst supporting urgent appeals that save lives and help rebuild communities.
Interested? Apply today!
As a Finance & Resources Assistant, you will provide first-class administrative support to the Finance and Resources and wider staff team, undertaking a range of activities to keep operations running smoothly and efficiently.
In this varied role, you will provide a warm and professional first point of contact to staff, volunteers and visitors, handling a range of enquires by telephone, post, emails and face-to-face.
You will support the HR Manager with a variety of administrative tasks, including staff recruitment, sickness and holiday, staff training and development, and administering the staff benefit platforms.
You will also assist with a number of finance activities, including processing, logging and banking all postal donations, maintaining the invoice log and processing supplier invoices.
Additionally, you will:
- Assist the Director of Finance and Resources with organising their calendar and inbox
- Assist with room bookings and set up meetings, both internal and external
- Assist with the induction of new staff
- Co-ordinate the reconciliation and processing of transactions made using DEC business credit cards
- Undertake general office administrative activities
To join us as a Finance & Resources Assistant, you will need:
- Experience of working in an office support or similar administrative role on a paid or voluntary basis
- Experience of invoice processing and dealing with supplier payment queries
- Experience of providing staff with support and troubleshooting
- Experience of communicating with diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing
- Experience of working collaboratively and contributing positively to the work of a team
- To be highly organised with a pro-active and flexible approach to office management
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and numeracy skills
- Excellent IT skills including Excel and Word
- The ability to work flexibly including additional hours at the time of a DEC appeal
- Experience of working in the UK charity sector would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of working with accounting software, preferably Sun Accounts or a similar database system.
We offer flexible working with core hours between 10:00 and 16:30.
DEC is an equal opportunities employer, the DEC is committed to equal opportunities and encourages applications from anyone who can meet the criteria, regardless of gender, race, age, disability, sexuality or religion.
The DEC is committed to the safeguarding and protection of children and vulnerable adults and participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from successful applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of, and consent to, these recruitment procedures.
Other organisations may call this role HR & Finance Assistant, Resources Support Assistant, Executive Assistant, EA, Administrator, Administrative Assistant, Admin Assistant, Operations Assistant, HR Assistant, or Office Administrator.
How to Apply
So, if you’re ready for your next career step as Finance and Resource Assistant, please apply by clicking the apply button and submitting your CV and Cover Letter.
We will consider applications as they are submitted and will contact you if we would like to arrange an interview.