Talking Newspapers are a core part of Galloway's services, providing audible publications of national and local newspapers to out service users. As a Talking News Controller you will be responsible for editing and creating master recordings using our software and ensuring they are to a high standard. Volunteers preferably should be computer literate, reliable and have excellent teamwork skills.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
To raise awareness of our recruitment, events, fundraising activities, and the Trust as a whole, we need several volunteers to support our Recruitment and Staffing Co-ordinator, Bids Manager and Head of Development to; decide where to leaflet and map out these locations (e.g. businesses on Clifton Moor, locations within the town centre, and community centres); carry out an initial delivery of leaflets; top these up as and when required, having agreed the best way to manage this. The areas we will be focusing on are; City Centre, Southbank, Heworth, Tang Hall, Burnholme, Haxby, New Earswick, Acomb, Poppleton, Dringhouses, Tadcaster Road, Huntington, The Groves, Rawcliffe, Clifton Moore, and Tadcaster.
What special qualities do I need to be a volunteer?
Some spare time
Good organisation skills
Knowledge of the local area
An open and friendly nature
Good communication skills
A sense of humour
How much time would I need to give?
As much or as little as you can — it is your decision. The main thing we ask is the you arrange your volunteering time with the role leaders, and make them aware if you are unable to attend
What will I get out of it?
Volunteering for the Wilberforce Trust gives; a chance to meet new people; to develop new skills; gain experience and knowledge; to be respected and valued for your involvement; the satisfaction of helping others; and valuable use of your spare time. You will also gain insight into the third sector and a small local charity.
All volunteers will receive ongoing support and supervision. We also encourage volunteers to suggest fundraising and event ideas if you have specific interests and ideas which we can support, and to get involved with the planning and running of events if that is something you are interested in. We will also provide references.
Filmmaker needed to produce a series of short films/video content for the launch of our new charity after rebranding. Films/Clips to be used for fundraising, marketing and advertising purposes on socials and main website.
Are you gifted as a Social Media Manager? Are you looking for an opportunity to use your skills more widely and wondering how you can do that in your current circumstances, perhaps alongside your existing commitments? Would you be willing to devote some time to deliver appealing, relevant and consistent messaging across a variety of digital media channels, on behalf of a network of volunteers?
MissionAssist serves world mission from home. This involves matching volunteers up with tasks to support mission workers. Therefore, it is important to publicise the available services and to recruit new members, in order to balance demand for specialist skills with supply of volunteer time. We are looking for an experienced social media expert to help us do this better.
MissionAssist is a charity of unpaid volunteers who work from their own homes and deliver services at no cost to the clients. Administrative costs, and grants awarded to small projects around the world, are covered by members' donations. Therefore, there are no goals relating to fundraising or engaging major financial donors.
To manage MissionAssist's use of social media to promote and extend awareness of the charity with clients, volunteers and other supporters.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the mission, values and work of MissionAssist.
- Produce social media strategy and content in support of MissionAssist's charitable objects.
- Build connections via social media with clients and volunteers - past, present and potential.
- Liaise with stakeholders within MissionAssist who have services, volunteer opportunities or events to publicise.
- Report to the Director of Communications and Marketing who has overall responsibility for the media strategy.
Experience, Skills or Abilities
- Enthusiasm for effective use of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
- Ability to administer social media accounts and analysis tools for reporting audience profile, content performance and optimisation.
- Evidence of good communication skills and, ideally, experience in corporate digital communications.
- Ability to work independently, with good judgement, in a virtual organisation.
- Aptitude to represent MissionAssist professionally in the digital world, including an eye for detail and a commitment to accuracy.
Notes: There is no fixed closing date and no fixed interview date. Applications will be welcome until the role is filled. Please include a covering letter with your application.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
As a Trustee of The Silverlining Charity you will be part of the team working to realise our aims and ambitions by using your skills and experience to develop and drive forward our marketing strategy. As the key communications / PR lead you will help us build new fruitful relationship, develop stronger ties with existing members and more widely raise awareness of The Silverlining Charity.
- Contributing knowledge of public relations, building profitable relationships, effective
communication and an understanding of how they contribute to a wider marketing strategy.
- Identify PR opportunities and provide support to staff in building fruitful relationships.
- Network on behalf of the charity to solicit funds and in-kind support on a peer to peer basis.
- Help to improve the impact of our communications and raise awareness of our work.
- Identify ways to better engage existing members with volunteering opportunities, fundraising
events and other promotional activities.
- Help us plan an effective distribution of physical materials and promotional messages with
- As a member of the Management Committee, approve The Silverlining Charity’s mission
statement and review performance in achieving it.
- Regularly liaise with the Administrator & Fundraising Executive.
Required Skills and Qualities
- Experience of successful account/relationship development.
- Ability to develop effective communications with limited resources.
- An understanding of the charity sector and the communications challenges and opportunities
- Confident networker, able to identify and build good working relationships with potential
patrons, sponsors and partners.
- Strategic planning skills.
- A thorough understanding of responsible marketing.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas clearly to those with little or no business background.
- Available to attend meetings in person approximately once per quarter.
Think you might be able to help us make a difference in the brain injury community? Please get in touch!
Indigo Volunteers HQ is made up of a host of highly skilled and passionate volunteers who dedicate a few hours of their time per week to help push the charity forward and reach more potential volunteers and projects around the world. We are a fun, courageous and experienced team and are now looking for a Social Media Executive to join the family. If you have experience in social media, and are available to volunteer up to 6 hours of your time per week then please read the below and contact us for any further details
Role Title: Social Media Executive
Location: Remote Working / Working from home
Reporting to: Head of Social Media
Hours: 6 hours per week
Duration: Minimum 6 months
Benefits: Being part of a wonderful team and helping a small charity increase their profile
Note: This is a volunteer role only
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Planning and creating social media content to increase awareness and engagement with Indigo to ultimately increase volunteer applications and donations.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
You will perform tasks like creating artwork and work with the team to generate engaging content across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Linkedin. You will also identify gaps & needs, feedback ideas for improvement, report analytics, and plan workload accordingly.
- Working with Indigo’s Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin &, Instagram accounts.
- Contribute ideas for weekly social media posts.
- Use Airtable to help create a regular publishing schedule.
- Create social media campaigns to drive volunteer recruitment and donations.
- Interact with different organisations and people in order to drive awareness to Indigo and its Social Media handles.
- Get involved in current conversations by interacting with charities and individuals, sharing posts where appropriate. Liking and commenting on posts across all platforms.
- Manage Facebook messenger and Instagram direct inbox
- Administrate the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content.
- Liaise with other team members to gather current content from projects
- Become an advocate for Indigo in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Responsible for filling in the monthly social media reports and write overview for Indigo’s monthly report
- Manage own time remotely
- Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Knows how to use Photoshop, or learning to use.
- Knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels
- Passionate about volunteering!
- Report to Head of Social Media weekly
- Monthly Social Media Report
- Content added to socials as required by team
- Plan social media posts 1 week in advance
- Increase Indigo social media profile and followers – see goals
- Increase volunteer applications – see goals
- Increase engagement with audience across our channels year on year – target to be set with line manager
Do you have a few hours to spare on 14th November or 2nd December?
We are looking for enthusiatic volunteers to help us do a bucket collection at Victoria station to raise funds for our amazing charity.
No qualifcations necessary just a smile and a willingness to hold a bucket and chat to people.
You will be given a designated meeting point and contact for the day, a branded t-shirt and a branded bucket.
To sign up for any number of hours between 7-7 please get in touch
It's an exciting time to join our small, effective horticultural social enterprise. We are currently looking for an individual who could volunteer between 2 - 4 hours per week for 12 weeks on our newest initiative: The London Horticultural Network.
Your assignment will be to develop and professionalise the network culminating in hosting talks and workshops, from an accurate membership list you would adminster.
There is scope to turn this into a part-time paid position and where we would impart fundraising skills.
Register your interest by dowloading the attached expanded volunteer advert which contains more details and instructions on how to express your interest for this role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Deptford X is looking for volunteers to assist with the delivery of the 2019 festival. Deptford X is London’s longest running contemporary visual arts festival and has been experienced by over one million people since inception in 1998. This year the festival runs 25 October – 3 November. Building on a legacy of great art, Deptford X presents a core programme, named ‘Platform 2017’, and a parallel ‘Fringe’ celebrating the unique art community in Deptford.
The ten-day festival will see these ambitious visual arts projects installed in a diverse range of sites and venues across Deptford, South East London. The Fringe happens all across Deptford, in shops, bars, cafes and galleries, and is an exciting way for local artists to get involved.
Volunteers will help to install and look after artworks, chat to audience about the programme of projects, exhibitions, venues and events and man the information points, gather evaluation information, sell Deptford X merchandise and be a part of London’s longest-running contemporary art festival. We are looking for anyone interested in the arts who has availability between 25 October - 3rd November. There may also be opportunities to assist with festival preparation earlier in August and September, please do state if you would like to get involved at an earlier stage. Deptford X will cover travel within London zone 1-6 & lunch expenses.
Please email us an initial expression of interest. We will then contact potential volunteers to confirm their availability.