320 Marketing and communications assistant jobs
The Health Foundation is an independent charity committed to bringing about better health and health care for people in the UK.
The Strategic Communications Manager provides specialist expertise in strategic communications planning for two key priority areas for the Health Foundation: supporting health care improvement, and data analytics for better health.
They will support the Assistant Director of Communications with project management and strategic communications planning for these areas’ content and activity pipelines, helping to maximise impact by leveraging external milestones and developments, and avoiding scheduling pinch points. They will work closely with the Health Foundation’s analyst and content expert teams to lead communications planning for major outputs and activities, while drawing on specialist expertise and delivery support from the wider communications team (eg our media, stakeholder engagement, digital communications, editorial, internal communications, marketing and events teams). They will also ensure that communications work for the above two priority areas supports and aligns with the Foundation’s wider organisational strategy and corporate narrative, ensuring coherence in our external messaging.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable first-class track record of developing and implementing integrated communications strategies and plans to communicate technical and complex information effectively to both specialist audiences and the public, blending the full range of communications disciplines. They will also have significant expertise and experience in planning and coordinating communications activities and content pipelines, using planning tools and working closely with communications matrix and functional teams. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work flexibly in a dynamic and busy communications environment are essential to be a success in the role.
Please click on the link below to be redirected to our website where you can find further details about the role and how to apply.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
This is an exciting position for an exceptional communicator with digital skills who wants to work for a high-profile charity and be part of a well-established, small, friendly team.
Our members and stakeholders are at the heart of our organisation. As Marketing and Communications Officer, you will oversee and develop Helpline Partnership’s (HLP’s) membership base, products and services.
We are seeking to significantly grow our reach, stakeholder base and campaign activity through multiple channels, enhancing our reputation and profile.
The ideal candidate will be
- able to produce original, engaging content and deploy it across multiple channels
- able to produce creative content with a particular awareness around charity sector engagement, including social media platforms, with attention to detail
- able to explore new and innovative techniques
- self-motivated and able to work by themselves as well as collaboratively with colleagues and digital partners
- flexible, diligent and able to effectively manage a busy schedule
- positive, proactive and solution focussed, who is a real team player
The role is permanently home-based, travel throughout the UK will also feature.
We offer attractive staff benefits including 25 days’ annual leave rising with length of service, a company pension scheme, free life assurance and an employee assistance programme. HLP is committed to equality of opportunity.
Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
No contact from agencies or media sales.
Closing Date: Sunday 6 February 2022 at 5.00 pm Please be aware that we will be scheduling interviews as the applications come in so we may have to close the advert early.
Interviews will be held virtually
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Looking for an opportunity that will allow you to working within a growing fundraising team and influence your own campaigns?
TPP Fundraising team are currently working with a well-known health charity as they look to recruit a Direct Marketing Officer to join their acquisition side of the team. This is a great time to join this team as they have seen significant growth in recent times and looking to build upon this and raise fundraising income level over the next 5 years.
Job title: Direct Marketing Officer - Acquisition
Charity type: Health
Salary: £26,000 to £28,700
Location: London offices and home based mixed
As the Direct Marketing Officer you will work with the Manager of the team and support in the delivery of their direct marketing programme. This programme works across both online and offline channels which include direct mail, telemarketing, SMS and social media. You will project manage the campaigns from concept through to delivery, this will including briefing agencies and data teams, drawing up schedules and managing internal approval. You will monitor all acquisition campaigns results, assist in making recommendations on future campaigns and analysing campaign activity.
You will have gained experience working within a direct marketing team across a range of campaigns might include email, digital and direct mail. Experience of using a fundraising database and email marketing software to create marketing campaigns. You will have good organisations skills and the ability to build relationships both internally and externally. They would also look at candidates looking to make a move into the world of fundraising and come with transferable skills, experience project managing marketing campaigns.
If you have read through this advertisement with great interest and feel you have the skills and experience they are looking for then apply within to arrange a time to talk further.
We want you to have every opportunity to demonstrate your skills, ability and potential; please contact us if you require any assistance or adjustment so that we can help with making the application process work for you.
The Fostering Network is the UK’s leading fostering charity. We are dedicated to creating a better future for fostered children and young people. We bring together everyone who is involved in their lives, leading, inspiring, motivating and supporting them to make foster care better. Together with our members and supporters we are a powerful catalyst for change, and we’ve been shaping and influencing the fostering agenda for more than 40 years.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic self-starter and motivated team player to join our communications and marketing team. The assistant role will be key in ensuring the smooth running of the team, and in supporting key campaigns and events to raise the profile of The Fostering Network.
You’ll get the opportunity to work across a broad range of projects, including the Fostering Excellence Awards, State of the Nation report launch and Foster Care Fortnight. You will also work closely with the rest of the communications and marketing team to develop and embed planning and administrative processes, as well as supporting the development of creative content.
If you are an excellent communicator with strong attention to detail, we would love to hear from you.
Closing date: Friday 28 January 2022, Noon
Interview date: Monday 07 February 2022
Interview location: Remote
To apply please see the 'How to apply' section and please email your application form to The Fostering Network along with a CV. CVs alone will not be accepted. Details can be found on The Fostering Network website.
The Fostering Network is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community and especially encourage applications from groups which are underrepresented. All applicants are treated equally and selected on the basis of individual merit and ability to meet the requirements of the role.
Additionally, we consider family-friendly flexible working arrangements within the role descriptions.
The Fostering Network is a registered charity in England and Wales 280852 and in Scotland SC039338
Your new company
This organisation is a social enterprise that combines purpose with commercial rigour. Their mission is to create economic growth that is resilient, sustainable and inclusive. They promote the global reputation of London to support the rapid economic growth.
Your new role
As part of your new role, you will be leading and developing a team of business marketing specialists focused on delivering marketing, as well as developing marketing strategies to inform business planning. You will have a lot of internal and external stakeholder management.
There will be a focus on creation and distribution of marketing and sales material, such as brochures, banners, videos, presentations and sector propositions.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will have key experience in B2B marketing skills and knowledge, including social media and paid advertising
- You will have proficiency in Microsoft Office and CRM, e.g. Salesforce
- You will have the ability to positively engage with internal stakeholders
- You will have deep knowledge of digital marketing, including social and paid media
- You will have experience of procurement and budget management
- Charity experience is desirable, but not essential
What you'll get in return
You will receive a £60k salary from a well-established organisation, as well as working on a hybrid model, giving you the flexibility to work from home and in the office. You will also receive a substantial benefit package, which includes
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Amnesty International is looking for a highly motivated and passionate digital marketing officer to help us grow, connect and engage our movement with the help of paid marketing. Your main goal will be to use your knowledge and experience to acquire new supporters, members and donors, in order for Amnesty International to be able to deliver human rights impact and change.
You will be joining other digital engagement specialists, to work together on achieving the movement's growth, engagement and participation objectives. You will be part of the Digital Engagement Team that spearheads Amnesty International's digital strategy, having a direct impact on how the wider movements adapts to the changes in the digital space.
The main purpose of this job is to develop, implement and optimize paid media campaigns to acquire new supporters and members in Amnesty International's target growth markets. To ensure all digital supporter acquisition activity is correctly tested, tracked and reported and shared with the wider movement. To provide thought leadership and paid marketing support to sections aimed at growth, participation and engagement.
- Digital supporter acquisition (international members, supporters and donors): i) Working with Digital Fundraising Specialist and Digital Marketing Assistant to implement digital user journeys that result in cost-efficient membership and supporter acquisition via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram Google Display, Search Network, and other digital channels. ii) Ensure creative propositions are pre-tested and tracked, plus results are presented and shareable for the wider movement. iv) Use a variety of social insight tools to Identify and recruit top tier social influencers which assist Amnesty International's efforts to grow international members and supporters
- Social, crm and web analytics: Working with the Digital Marketing Assistant to collate and report on a variety of web-based, social listening and CRM KPI's.
- Email Marketing: working closely with Supporter Engagement Specialist to ensure welcome email journeys are implemented for all significant supporter acquisition campaigns.
- Digital fundraising: Working with Digital Fundraising Specialist and Digital Marketing Assistant to devise and implement digital fundraising user journeys that result in cost efficient donations.
- Reviewing digital activity for Amnesty international's local and regional entities: Periodically review Amnesty International's local Section and Regional Office's digital fundraising, marketing or engagement activity which result in clear recommendations for optimisation and improvement. Assist with the implementation of proposed recommendations.
- Advice and Support: Providing tactical advice to office digital staff, sections/structures and other AI entities on the development and use of appropriate digital supporter acquisition and marketing tools and techniques
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge and significant experience of developing, implementing and optimising digital supporter acquisition user journeys - specifically using digital paid media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google Ads.
- Knowledge of Email marketing.
- Knowledge of conversion funnel optimisation and/or multi-variant or split testing tactics for supporter/member growth. (Google Analytics and related platforms, like Google Optimizely, VWO, etc).
- Experience of analysing and reporting on trends and the behaviour of online supporters or customers; Proven ability to drive actionable insight from a variety of web and social analytics around conversion, traffic funnelling, etc.
- Experience of writing or editing materials for multiple digital audiences in a clear and concise way with high standards of accuracy and according to agreed editorial standards.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders and digital professionals, including content producers, data analysts, web developers and designers
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click 'Apply for this Role' below.
Freedom, Justice, Equality.
N.B. We reserve the right to close a vacancy before the closing date in the event of an overwhelming response or a change in business priorities.
Are you a motivated and passionate individual looking to make a difference in your career?
We are seeking a talented Digital Marketing and Communications Lead to join our hospice team. Playing an important role in a growing team, you will be quick-thinking, creative and understand the power of storytelling in the charity sector to increase brand awareness, income and referrals.
This exciting, hands-on role within the Marketing and Communications team will drive a greater focus on new digital ventures to support all departments in the organisation, with the aim of engaging with new and existing stakeholders, transforming tailored communications and content to gain results and increase our reach, audience and results.
Your knowledge in the field and ability to spot and implement the latest trends will play a vital role in shaping the future success and continued growth of Garden House Hospice Care, supporting end of life care for local people, today, tomorrow and in the future.
We reward our staff with autonomy in their role and a supportive culture that encourages healthy work life balance. Our benefits include a generous annual leave package, pension, individual personal development plans, and staff discount across our shops.
If you’re ready to make the next step in your career and really make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
This post is subject to compliance with the Health and Social Care Act 2008 (Regulated Activities) (Amendment) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2021 (“the Regulations”), which requires the post holder to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless clinically exempt.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
The Talent Set is excited to be partnering with Target Ovarian Cancer to find a new Marketing and Brand officer.
It’s an exciting time to join Target Ovarian Cancer and you’ll play a pivotal role, working with leading industry creatives to develop and embed an action-inspiring brand identity as well as insight-led campaigns that drive forwards ovarian cancer diagnosis, treatment and support.
Working across the entire organisation, this newly created role will support the Head of Marketing and Brand in developing and delivering brand and marketing strategies and campaigns to achieve the organisation’s business objectives and KPIs focussed on attracting and engaging more people who want to use our supportive services, campaign for change, partner with us, and donate or fundraise.
- Ensuring that Target Ovarian Cancer’s brand is always presented consistently by internal and external stakeholders. Develop guidelines, processes, training, FAQs etc to support its consistent application.
- Supporting the development of brand awareness measures and help communicate the findings across the charity to support colleagues in integrating learnings into their planning.
- Working with external agencies and freelancers, to plan, deliver and evaluate cross-charity creative campaigns that will significantly increase reach, engagement and conversion.
- Developing communication’s plans alongside project leads from our Supportive Services, Fundraising, Campaigning and Research teams, to attract and engage service users and supporters. Be the communications team lead (first point of contact) for the Supportive Services team.
- Helping the charity deepen it’s understanding of existing and potential audiences by delivering audience insight projects - internally and with external agency or freelancer support.
Content and asset Production
- Managing the production of high-quality marketing assets by external suppliers (design, print, images, video, merchandise etc). Write copy and design briefs, plan production to meet deadlines and budgets, proof check and manage print, delivery.
The ability to collaborate is essential in this role as you will be supporting the Head of Marketing with strategy development and budget planning and management as well as working with colleagues to set objectives, evaluate activity and write reports on the success of marketing and brand activity. This will help us to improve and help the organisation understand the contribution marketing makes to organisational success.
We are looking to speak to a strong team player who is proactive about their own professional development and passionate about the positive impact brand and marketing has on organisational success. As a key officer you will be a part of a passionate team of communications experts and will have the opportunity to be truly cross-organisational as you help embed our refreshed brand and develop brand and marketing campaigns to support the delivery of our ambitious business plan.
To do this, the right candidate will have:
- Strong marketing and communications skills with the ability to multitask effectively.
- Experience of developing and delivering marketing and campaign plans.
- Building effective and collaborative working relationships with a range of internal stakeholders.
- Ability to think creatively and introduce new ideas and concepts helping to support the wider objectives of the communications team.
- An excellent understanding of producing and deploying content
If you’d like to find out more or be considered for this position, please apply with your CV as soon as possible. Regrettably please note we may not be able to reply to every application.
Along with Target Ovarian Cancer, we are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practises that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make reasonable adjustments to always ensure a fair process.
Please note any third party CVs submitted to Target Ovarian Cancer will be redirected to The Talent Set for review.
To work with teams across the organisation to ensure the effective delivery of email campaigns.
To play a key role in maximising engagement and income for the charity from supporters and potential supporters through the development and delivery of best of breed email campaigns.
Pro-actively works with colleagues in other divisions to use email as an effective engagement tool and to lead on email best practice across the charity.
Work with teams across the organisation to deliver marketing campaigns to meet organisational objectives.
The key aspects of the role are:
To coordinate the timely delivery of email campaigns across the organisation Work closely with fundraising and other teams to develop and implement successful email strategies to both increase supporter engagement through email stewardship programmes and to increase participation levels and donations.
To provide advice and train teams on marketing best practice.
Working with teams across the charity to coordinate, deliver and evaluate marketing campaigns
Experience of successfully operating at a high level in the delivery of email as a part of customer/supporter acquisition and retention strategies.
Experience of successfully operating the delivery of email campaigns from design &creation, data segmentation and reporting. (Applicants should have experience of webbased email marketing tools (ideally Adestra), Photoshop, Dreamweaver/HTML/CSS and web and social networking analytics tools.)
Experience of managing digital, communications or marketing projects successfully from inception to closure, scheduling, finding solutions to problems, and communicating effectively throughout
Excellent verbal and written communication skills to analyse, interpret and present complex information in a clear and persuasive way for a wide range of audiences.
Highly developed ability to establish, develop and maintain relationships with a wide variety of people, particularly with senior level individuals.
Excellent project management skills, with the ability to organise and plan own work and the work of others, manage budgets, and deliver objectives on time. Ability to identify opportunities and to research and evaluate their viability in order to achieve desired outcomes.
Sound track record of demonstrating initiative and creativity to achieve desired outcomes.
Would you like to lead a team of staff and MS organisations from around the world to develop existing and new international advocacy campaigns? Will you strive to ensure people affected by MS have access to reliable, relevant, accessible content in their language, wherever they live in the world?
If so, this could be the role for you!
It will suit a strategic, collaborative person who likes to take the lead and get things done. It requires an appetite for hands-on work as well as the skill and authority to bring together high-level communications, campaigning and advocacy staff from our network of member organisations to facilitate their contributions to shared projects. You will be an internationally-minded person with strong written, editorial and verbal communication skills. You will be an excellent project manager; IT literate, with experience across a range of communication channels, showing enthusiasm for keeping on top of new developments and for acquiring new skills. Competency in one or more additional languages such as Spanish, Arabic, French, or Portuguese is highly desirable.
Line managing a team of two, you will work together with the Heads of other teams and the Director of fundraising on a number of cross-cutting projects that have an element of communications, information or advocacy (e.g. the Atlas of MS or regional awareness raising campaigns), ensuring our approach is consistent across the organisation.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom (UK) and provide information regarding the basis of their right to work in the UK along with their application. All our staff are currently based in the UK and will be going forward.
MSIF places great value on human diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures and particularly welcome applicants with personal experience of living with MS. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview stage, please do contact us. We’re here to support you.
Please upload your CV and covering letter (no longer than 500 words) explaining why you want the role and what you’d bring to MSIF in relation to the Job Description and Person Specification. For monitoring purposes, please also tell us how you found out about the job.
Please include contact details of two professional references. These will only be contacted if an offer is made.
We can only give feedback to candidates who are shortlisted.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
We are looking for a full time Marketing and Communications Officer to join our kind hearted and active team at Jamyang London.
The MarComms Officer role at Jamyang is a diverse and fully rounded position which draws on many aspects of the comms field, from marketing and events, to copy writing and visual design and email marketing and data analysis to name a few, in supporting Jamyang’s education and community-based activities and endeavours in enterprise.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Successful track record of marketing/comms experience covering the areas of responsibilities
- Excellent track record of written communication
- Can demonstrate a great aesthetic eye
- Ability to do both strategic and hands-on execution/implementation
- Experience with MailChimp; WordPress; Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Experience with audio/video (A/V) editing welcomed
Versatility – being a small non-profit, candidates need to be able to operate at different levels, from high level strategic, to hands-on executional
Strategic and creative thinking – the world of non-profit combines big dreams and limited resources. To succeed it requires team members who have a capacity to think creatively and be able to implement new solutions.
We request that each person make a sincere effort to treat other staff, volunteers, community members, retreaters and guests and students of JBC with compassion and generosity. With awareness that we are all at various places along the path, we ask that each staff member make a sincere and concerted effort to put the Dharma into practice in all aspects of daily life including work so that we may create a peaceful, positive and caring work environment.
London WC1H (Hybrid working, with around 40% of your time per month being office based.)
About the role:
The ACU is the world’s first and oldest international university network. Our mission is to build a better world through Higher Education, and we believe that international collaboration is the key to tackling the global challenges that we now face. We are looking for a creative and strategic communicator to help us reach new audiences with the work and impact of the ACU and our members.
This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to our ambitious strategy to advance the position of universities and their contribution to sustainable development on the global stage and with funders and decision makers.
Working closely with the Director of Strategic Communications, this role will support the development and implementation of the communications and engagement strategy, ensuring our activity is insight-led and impact-focused, and our multi-channel approach to strategic communication is delivering the right messages, to the right audiences, at the right time.
You will be confident developing innovative, creative campaigns that deliver results, finding new ways to grow our influence and impact and engage our external and internal audiences, including 500+ member universities in over 50 countries, funders, multilateral agencies, and governments.
You will be tenacious at spotting opportunities to build and enhance the ACU brand and reputation, and profile our diverse membership, including overseeing the creation of a media relations strategy and building relationships with key journalists and stakeholders.
Working closely with the policy and strategic partnerships team to position our work on leading policy issues, you will be familiar with or have an interest in the processes and structures of national or international policy making and will be confident in developing communication and advocacy campaigns to reach and engage decision makers.
You will be responsible for leading the ACUs marketing and communications team, coaching and developing colleagues to build a high performing team and promote a team culture of professional development, learning and knowledge sharing. You will oversee the marcomms shared service, providing colleagues with professional and strategic guidance and promoting delivery against shared objectives and finding new ways to collaborate on joint campaigns, whilst developing a culture of measurement and evaluation to help demonstrate maximum impact from our activities.
This role will suit someone looking to lead, empower and motivate colleagues, championing a shared and inclusive work culture and developing a communications function that delivers high impact.
As Head of Communications and Marketing, your responsibilities will include:
- Support the development and implementation of the ACU communication and engagement strategy, working with the Director of Strategic Communications, Head of Policy and Strategic Partnerships, and with other ACU teams to deliver the ACU strategic priorities within The Road to 2030 strategy
- Lead the development and management of proactive and impactful communications, marketing, and public affairs campaigns to find new ways to grow our influence and impact and engage our diverse external and internal audiences
- Lead the creation of a media strategy to enhance and build the ACU’s reputation, profile our diverse membership, and support our policy influencing; including building relationships with key journalists
- Develop engagement strategies to build influence with partners and profile members at key national and international events
- Represent the ACU at external meetings and build an extended network of relevant external relationships to build the ACU’s profile and develop partnerships which support the ACU’s strategic objectives
- Develop and maintain the identity and brand of the ACU and support the individual brand identities of ACU-managed scholarship schemes and (where appropriate) programmes.
- Champion the strategic role of MarComms, providing professional and strategic guidance and leadership to colleagues within the team and across the organisation.
- Lead the marketing and communications team, role modelling our values and coaching and developing colleagues to encourage innovation and high-performance and the development of an outcomes-focused, collaborative shared service
- Develop the team’s monitoring and measurement of the effectiveness of all MarComms activity, in line with agreed KPIs and business partner agreements, and use this insight to make recommendations to enhance impact
- Be responsible for developing, leading, managing and quality assurance for the Marcomms shared service, including effective planning, business partnering and reporting, to achieve agreed KPIs and SLAs which meet the needs of ACU teams and clients.
- Be responsible for the operational performance of the Marcomms team including communications methodologies and content, processes, tools and formats, financial management, delivery models, continuous improvement and team performance.
Some of the skills you need to be able to demonstrate include:
Leadership/ Team Management
- Strong track record of managing and building the capacity of Marcomms teams, experience of leading, empowering and motivating teams to promote a high-performance culture
- Extensive experience of business planning, including KPIs, shaping strategies, and developing and leading Marcomms work/projects
- Ability to champion a shared culture working across teams and integrated shared services
- Strong commitment to the values of the ACU – Quality, Collaboration, Innovation, Respect, and Inclusion.
Experience and Knowledge
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline
- Demonstrable knowledge and extensive experience of strategic communications, public relations, media and digital communications
- Strategic thinker, with significant experience of working at a senior level in marketing or communications, skilled in devising and implementing successful communication strategies and plans, audience segmentation, content creation, delivery and the use of the various channels for effectiveness
- Knowledge/ interest in processes and structures of government in the UK, in key Commonwealth countries, or international/multilateral bodies, including the UN would be an advantage
- Strong commitment to higher education and its influence throughout the Commonwealth and beyond
- Track record of effective external relationship management and experience of complex stakeholder relations/management
- Strong interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiating skills, including an ability to present complex ideas and information in a clear, succinct and persuasive manner and make effective presentations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor content to a wide range of audiences taking into consideration sensitivity for different cultural contexts
- Client and account management experience and the ability to instil customer service principles
- Proven financial skills, with knowledge and experience of budget development, financial monitoring and reporting.
Closing date: 2 February 2022
Interview date: 9-10 February 2022 (possible 2nd interview 16 February 2022)
For further information and details of how to apply please visit our website.
International Medical Corps UK provides emergency relief to those struck by disaster no matter where they are, no matter what the conditions, working with them to recover, rebuild and gain the skills and tools required for self reliance.
International Medical Corps (IMC) and International Medical Corps UK (IMC UK) with headquarters in the United States and the United Kingdom respectively, work collaborate to maximize resources for the delivery of appropriate relief and development activities. International Medical Corps (IMC) is an US-registered independent affiliate organization of International Medical Corps UK (IMC UK), with which IMC UK shares the same name and charitable objectives and mission.
To support the Communications team in highlighting the work of International Medical Corps UK, creating and strengthening the organisation brand across external audiences, including Europe and the Middle East. The role will also undertake activities which meet visibility requirements as set by donors.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the guidance of the Director, Global Communications, manage and maintain visibility requirements across International Medical Corps UK programmes:
- Liaise with the field team to gather relevant information about and for communications activities
- Act as a trusted source of written materials for internal actors, including creating, editing and proofing documents, and advising on impact delivery measures, with a commitment to creating and ensuring high-quality, accurate materials
- Support visibility and brand-awareness initiatives, including the research and creation of public-facing documents, and identifying opportunities; attend meetings with potential partners when required
- Participate in organizational media-relations efforts, including identifying and maintaining a strong network of trusted journalists who can help deliver key International Medical Corps UK messaging; leverage media-relations database to expand contacts, maintain information on existing contacts and report on interactions with contacts
- Support internal communications initiatives, as directed by manager
- Help to conduct a needs assessment of marketing materials for the organisation; help create and distribute identified materials
- Act as an internal copywriter for production of marketing materials, collateral, internal templates and ad-hoc projects as directed
- Coordinate projects for donor recognition, including acknowledging national days and religious events, supporting visibility projects, etc.
- Build valuable relationships with International Medical Corps figures in country missions and across the Global Communications team, to create additional opportunities and raise efficiencies in performance
- Ensure that Communications files and documents are organised and accessible; help to maintain the department's OneCorps page
- Report on Communications team's efforts and activities
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Please note that the duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive. This job description is subject to review to ensure that it reflects the strategic direction requirements of International Medical Corps UK.
Code of Conduct
As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps UK's and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
If this is a supervisory position, one must set an example of ethical behavior through one's own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps UK's policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
It is all staff shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children, adults at risk, or LGBTI individuals; and any form of trafficking in persons. Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any violations to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have an obligation to report.
International Medical Corps UK is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Typically, a Bachelor's degree in related area. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Typically, 3+ years of relevant experience in similar role
- A superior knowledge of the media environment and editorial procedures
- Advanced writing ability and an understanding of the techniques employed in content creation and distribution
- Tested project-management skills and the capability to prioritise tasks under tight deadlines
- Demonstrable understanding of the organisation's priorities and goals, and the ability to effectively analyse complex problems
- A wealth of innovative ideas and approaches through which to deliver brand-building activities
- Excellent understanding of and experience with International Medical Corps UK donor policies and regulations
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the wide variety of cultures reflected in International Medical Corps activities
- Ability to travel internationally when required
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Legacies are vital to Diabetes UK with gifts in Wills funding, on average, over a third of our work every year. As the Senior Legacy Manager, you will pay a pivotal role in leading on the development and management of the legacy marketing programme.
Managing a small team, you'll be responsible for the development and delivery of end-to-end recruitment and retention plans including supporter stewardship journeys and involved in the delivery of direct marketing campaigns across a range of offline and digital channels. In addition, the role will support colleagues across the charity to develop relationships with legacy prospects and supporters. You'll also be responsible for managing the Legacy expenditure budget as well as liaising regularly with the Legacy Administration Team in order to monitor and forecast legacy income.
First stage interviews: 16, 17 and 18 February 2022 (online)
Second stage interviews: 21 and 23 February 2022 (TBC)
Please note that all job offers are subject to you providing acceptable evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK. You might find the following resources useful:
- To view a full list of accepted documents and the checks employers are required to make
- To view guidance on proving your right to work to an employer
If you have any questions, please contact
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
The successful applicant will manage, implement and develop the annual plan and budget for the Legacy Marketing team. The role will require a strategic approach to evaluating the existing legacy marketing programme as well as how we promote the gifts in Wills to a range of new audiences through advertising and events, identifying opportunities for growth both within the Individual Giving department and by engaging key stakeholders in cross-organisational activities.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about legacies and passionate about our cause. Someone that is fired up by the challenge of increasing the number of legacy supporters on our database, and stewarding them so that we can safeguard future income and meet our vision of a world where diabetes does no harm.
It goes without saying that you'll be a strategic thinker and an expert in legacy marketing, bringing ideas and energy to help us bring our cause to life.
You'll have extensive experience of managing direct marketing campaigns. You will have excellent project management skills, organised, calm under pressure and working closely with leadership teams.
The charity focusses on awareness raising and scientific research. They are small, fast-paced and nimble- they are engaged and driven by growth. There's huge scope to learn and progress at the charity too, who are motivated by pushing each other forwards and being incredibly supportive.
They are looking for someone who loves creating and delivering content. The main purpose of the role is to support the Communications Team in all its activities, including day to day management of website and social media communities. You will use your understanding of data and analytics to inform your decisions and grow their channels.
* Work with the Digital Engagement and Content Manager to plan, create and schedule content
* Grow and nurture our online communities through consistent tone and messaging, regular maintenance and fostering relationships
The organisation is ambitious, energetic and go-getting and they are looking for someone with a similar nature to join the team. The charity has just re-launched their 5-year growth strategy so it is an exciting time to join and make a huge impact.
Salary: £25,000- £29,000
This is a full-time, permanent role.
Location: Flexible, mainly home based, with 1-2 days in London. They work in shared workspaces or meet for creative meetings in both Central London and East London.
Application is CV in the first instance.
CV's to be viewed on a rolling basis , with the firm closing date of Monday 31 st January for CV and cover letters. Please get in touch now to avoid disappointment.
E-mail [email protected] for more information.
I look forward to hearing from you.