286 Commercial manager jobs
What’s my CV Worth?
How much could you earn in the charity sector? Use our CV checker to find out.Check Now
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an innovative Shop Manager, who is looking to make their mark in a high profile store in Penn. You will join us working 35 hours per week on a rota basis (to include weekends) and in return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £19,718.96 per annum plus excellent benefits.
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity with a nationwide network of adoption and homing centres, volunteer-run branches and charity shops. During 2021, we helped 137,000 cats and kittens. That's the equivalent of around 375 cats a day!
Each of our shops has its own charm and personality due to our dedicated volunteers and colleagues. From vintage jewellery and jigsaws to harps and handbags, whether our customers are looking for that 'must have' item or simply a 'missing piece', our team of Shop Managers ensure customers are met with great customer service. We are helping the environment while improving the lives of cats, one t-shirt at a time.
Responsibilities of our Shop Manager:
As a Shop Manager you will combine commercial acumen with creativity, leading a team of employees and volunteers to deliver the highest standards of customer service and presentation in order to maximise income for cat welfare. This is an exciting opportunity to manage a successful store, market and promote the store within the community and build an exceptional team that are committed to raising funds to support cats and kittens in our care.
What we’re looking for in our Shop Manager:
- Previous retail and people management experience
- A strong communicator with excellent organisational skills
- A highly self-motivated, positive and resilient individual
- The ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with a variety of people
- Strong knowledge of the issues relating to recruiting and retaining volunteers
- Experience of working to targets and KPIs within a retail environment is essential
What we can offer you:
- salary of up to £19,718.96 per annum plus excellent benefits
- generous annual leave entitlement
- contribution pension scheme
- life assurance scheme
- range of health benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- and more
Join us as our Shop Manager and know you are helping to make a real difference to cats and kittens across the UK!
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications or CVs that are emailed to us directly. Applications received after the closing date may not be responded to.
Closing date: 9th June 2022
Virtual interview date: 17th June 2022
Please note, should we receive a large amount of applications for this vacancy, we reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised closing date.
Cats Protection is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk and protecting anyone that comes into contact with us from harm. We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
Purpose of role: To run a small but busy charity office, managing facilities, I.T. and database development, and to support the WFN team across events, fundraising, conservation programmes and communications.
The Whitley Fund for Nature (WFN)
WFN is a UK-registered charity (no. 1081455) offering funding (Awards), training and media profile to inspiring leaders of wildlife conservation projects across the Global South. We support pragmatic, sustainable and long-lasting work rooted in science and community involvement. The charity funds projects directly and we remain in regular contact with our winners. WFN also raises awareness of the serious problems facing wildlife, landscapes, climate and people through promoting the work of our winners. We focus support on nationals (leaders who were either born in the country where they work or have gained nationality) and aim to build the capacity of successful local NGOs and grassroots work. We fund mainly in Africa, Asia and Latin America where income is often hardest to raise and can have the biggest impact for people and biodiversity.
Our funding is raised each year, mainly from family foundations and trusts, as well as from individuals, corporates and international NGOs, with a current annual income of £2m/year. WFN is governed by a committed trustee board. Our small team is dynamic, hard-working and strives to go above and beyond expectations. The charity benefits from high profile support from Patron, HRH The Princess Royal, Trustee Sir David Attenborough, and Ambassadors Kate Humble and Tom Heap. Next year, WFN will be marking its 30th anniversary, which provides a special opportunity to celebrate 30 years of supporting inspiring conservation leaders, and to look to the future. In line with our ambition to raise £3m/year by 2025, we are expanding our team to meet targets and increase the amount of support we can channel to our growing network of conservationists around the world as we seek to further raise their profile and foster south-south collaborations among WFN alumni.
Position of Operations Manager
WFN seeks a highly capable and organised individual to support the team across operations; including office, IT, database management, and events. You will be instrumental in ensuring that WFN’s facilities run efficiently, and that the team has administrative support across grants, fundraising and communications. This varied position offers the successful candidate a key role at WFN, essential in enabling smooth running of the charity’s systems and office environment. The Operations Manager (OM) regularly assists in helping to organise major events, such as our annual Whitley Awards Ceremony. If you have strong attention to detail, are skilled in IT and data management, and are looking for an opportunity to contribute to a high impact charity that supports grassroots conservation, then this is the position for you.
OPERATIONS MANAGER – SKILLS REQUIRED
- Extremely organised, with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (interface with team members, trustees, suppliers, international grantees, donors)
- Personable telephone manner, able to respond to a variety of callers and enquiries
- Requisite experience in office and facilities management, including managing utilities contracts and liaising with suppliers
- Proven ability in effective budgeting, negotiating and budget management
- Experience in CRM database management (Salesforce), and a proven ability to handle and analyse data, and produce reports
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office - Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- I.T. proficient, able to liaise with I.T. consultant to maintain charity systems (Microsoft)
- Track record of providing team support including meeting minutes, logistics, travel, diaries, administration
- Able to manage and prioritise a varied workload, meeting deadlines using initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability to anticipate problems, mitigate them before they arise and troubleshoot
- Flexible ‘can do’ approach and will flourish in a small office environment
- Past experience working in the charity/NGO sector
- History of event organisation
- Background and/or interest in wildlife conservation
- Experience working with high profile individuals
Additional Details Related to the Position
- Attractive holiday package, pro-rated
- The charity operates a Pension Scheme.
- The Operations Manager reports to the Deputy Director.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
We are Living Streets, the UK charity for everyday walking. We want to create a nation where walking is the natural choice for every day, local journeys; free from congested roads and pollution, reducing the risk of preventable illnesses and social isolation. We want to achieve a better walking environment and to inspire people of all generations to walk more.
Living Streets Services Limited is the trading subsidiary of Living Streets. Since trading began in 2011, it has generated more than £10m revenue and more than £3.5m unrestricted profit, gift-aided to its parent charity. The revenue base is mostly derived from resource sales linked to our Walk to School programmes and campaigns, particularly WOW and Walk to School Week. It’s an exciting time for the company as we look ahead; both within Living Streets’ organisation strategy period to 2025 and to its centenary in 2029. Whilst company profits have been relatively consistent and stable over the first ten years of trading, we are looking to achieve strong profit growth through a deepening and broadening of the income base and bringing new offers to market. We are seeking a Commercial Manager to bring new ideas and develop new income opportunities, whilst protecting our current revenue streams.
Living Streets is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults at risk; and expects all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be subject to background and criminal records checks as relevant to the job role.
Closing date: 19 June 2022 (midnight)
Interview date: 4 July 2022
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Finance Business Partner: £325 - £350 per day (Umbrella), London | Remote
For a global education company, we are recruiting a Finance Business Partner on an interim basis. Reporting to the Head of Business Partnering, this role will deliver a high-quality finance service to decision makers across the UK and European / EMEA Regions. This will involve management and project accounting, performance monitoring (financial and non-financial), budgeting and forecasting, providing insightful analysis and recommendations, business cases and tenders. Based in London, this role can be worked from home and will be for up to 4 - 6 months.
- Key player in growth plans by supplying the business with expert financial and management accounting services
- Build relationships with Directors, budget holders and Departmental Heads
- Provide direction and robust challenge to non-finance staff
- Oversee general financial management and ensure the maintenance of accurate financial records, reconciliations and processing of journals
- Production of monthly management reporting packs, commentary and analysis of performance and trends
- Provision of regular insightful analysis for decision making including project and product performance reporting
- Work with stakeholders to complete financial forecasting, annual budgeting, business cases and tenders
- Implementation of new processes, systems and reporting techniques
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified
- Advanced MS Excel skills and working knowledge of Sun Systems (ideally)
- Strong experience in a finance business partnering role
- Experience of working in a mutli-cultural and mutli-site organisation
- Experience of applying commercial principles to their analysis and recommendations
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
Are you an inspiring and innovative leader with entrepreneurial experience in setting up and scaling up successful new initiatives? We'd love to hear from you!
Director of Commercial and Nature Based Solutions
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Working hours: Full time
Location: Remote working
We are looking for a strategic thinker with proven business management, project management and people management skills, to develop and deliver SWT (Sales) Ltd's business development strategy.
This role will involve establishing governance, legal, commercial and delivery models, as well as developing propositions to match the different corporate and financial models to Somerset Wildlife Trust's strategic objectives and ethical standards.
You will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team and First Ecology Manager, providing support to help develop and grow capacity, whilst meeting the needs of new investment models and strategic investors needs.
This is a new, very exciting role. We have an ambitious growth plan for SWT Sales Ltd to develop end-to-end services for emerging markets in nature-based solutions such as Biodiversity Net Gain, carbon and water quality, that help restore nature at scale.
This is a permanent full-time position, with hot-desking at our various offices and flexible home working.
The closing date for applications is 9.00 am on Monday 6th June 2022.
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like to find out more about this position and to apply, please click the button to be directed to our website.
Please note that we will review applications throughout the advertising period and may close the advert early if a suitable applicant is found.
At Somerset Wildlife Trust we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
No agencies please.
Closing date: 01 June 2022 at 11.30pm
Are you enterprising and innovative, with a strong commercial focus gained working in retail management and managing operational aspects of online sales to high levels of customer service? Then join Shelter as E-Commerce Hub Manager and you could soon be playing a big part in the future success of our e-commerce activities.
A home is a fundamental human need, as essential as education or healthcare. Yet millions of people across Britain struggle on a daily basis with homelessness, bad housing conditions, soaring rents, discrimination and the threat of eviction. So, we are striving for change, with individuals, in communities, across society, and leading the way to a safe home. We need ambitious, best-in-class individuals who are passionate about our cause to join us at this exciting time. This is your chance to play a part in the fundamental change we are striving to achieve.
At Shelter we are united by our purpose to defend the right to a safe home. Our enemy is the social injustice at the core of the escalating housing emergency. We believe that to win that fight, we must be representative of the people we are here to help and those who support our movement for change. In all our people decisions, we take pride in being inclusive, fair, equitable and transparent.
We have committed to combat racism both within and outside Shelter and welcome you on our journey to becoming a truly anti-racist organisation.
About the team
It is an exciting time to be joining Shelter. There’s a lot of change happening following the launch of our new brand, which has re-positioned the organisation and set the base for us to tackle what has grown from a housing crisis to a national emergency. We currently run a network of around 90 community charity shops across Great Britain - from small boutiques to large furniture shops. What’s more, our online offering has grown rapidly over the past two years, with significant turnover during the Christmas peak, success in the launch and promotion of new goods, plus the launch of our secondhand online shop – and we’re planning to expand further in the near future.
About the role
As E-Commerce Hub Manager, your challenge will be to maximise the hub’s financial contribution to support Shelter’s work and develop and encourage your own and your team’s interest and passion in merchandising our online shop to attract customers. We’ll also look to you to manage a hub that’s safe, happy and vibrant, supports and encourages donations, enable volunteer participation and ensure efficient warehouse operations and customer order processing for our online shop. Recruiting, inducting, inspiring and a developing a team will be a key aspect of the role, as will providing adequate supervision and ongoing training. Acting as Shelter’s representative in your local community, implementing mandatory safeguards and required working practices and policies and collaborating with areas shops and Corporate Partnerships and E-Commerce colleagues to source appropriate stock volumes – all are aspects of this vital management role.
To succeed, you’ll need experience of leading, managing, empowering and motivating others beyond expectations and a proven ability to recruit and develop a diverse team - particularly volunteers. You’ll also need an understanding of engaging audiences via e-commerce and social media communications and a track record of managing and achieving targets. Knowledge of charity retail and increasing donated sales using online sales marketplaces and/or an understanding of e-commerce KPIs, would be useful too, but is not essential. You must, however, be proficient using Microsoft Office applications and, ideally, have the communication skills it takes to engage and inspire a community to support a cause.
Knowledge of charity retail a
We offer a wide range of benefits, including 30 days of annual leave, enhanced family friendly policies, pension and interest free travel loans. Our employees also have access to a tenancy deposit loan, payroll giving, cycle to work scheme and an employee assistance programme.
Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness through our advice, support and legal services. And we campaign to make sure that, one day, no one will have to turn to us for help. We’re here so no one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
To find out more about the role and the benefits of working for Shelter please visit our website. Apply to be part of our team and be the change you want to see in society.
Safeguarding is everyone's business. Shelter is committed to protecting the health, wellbeing and human rights of those we support, and enabling them to live free from harm, abuse and neglect. All our staff will be expected to observe professional standards of behaviour and conduct their work in line with our Safeguarding Policies.
We are happy to talk about flexible working, personal growth, and to promote a workplace where you can be yourself and achieve success based only on your merit.
Shelter does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Ecommerce Manager to join our team based in Lancing (hybid working available). We will offer you a competitive salary of £42,973 per annum.
We’re Scouts and everyone’s welcome here - all genders, races and backgrounds. Right across the UK, we help over 400,000 young people aged 4-25 gain skills for life and find their place in the world. We help them speak up, play their part and shine bright.
The Ecommerce Manager Role:
We are rejuvenating the team post pandemic, during the past year we have pivoted the business from a B2B Wholesaler to a direct to customer model, with huge untapped potential for growth. This role is an opportunity to deliver career defining LFL’s and KPIs. We are a close knit, small team who work in a fast paced, agile way. You will be empowered to make decisions and learn fast.
You will lead a brand new and growing team, while being an integral part of a dynamic management team fully accountable for running this mid-sized business. The business is growing and the structure is regularly reviewed so plenty of opportunity for progression.
The Ecommerce Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the Scout Store websites, trading them effectively, optimising user journeys, and aligning efforts with the Marketing and Customer Service team. The Ecommerce Manager will use data and other engagement tools to brief optimisations into the development and design teams to ensure high conversion, a higher average order value and engagement. The Ecommerce Manager will have strong commercial acumen, be data passionate, and have great attention to detail.
Key responsibilities as our Ecommerce Manager:
- Develop, Own, administer and engage the business on the overall long-term Ecommerce Strategy.
- Product data management - ensure that all product data is on the websites sites including images, descriptions, product detail, and prices.
- Manage the overall critical path to get product information and photography on to the site on time and ensure all involved teams within the business are aware of deadlines.
- Online Product Management – Ensure that products are merchandised while ensuring that products are simple to find, but yet maximising sale opportunities.
- Ensure that all the back end office work is done to maximise merchandising opportunities
- Online sales budget control and forecasting – identify and report on trends in trading performance and develop sales forecasts for peak trading periods online.
- Web Analytics – monitor and measure site performance, while using this to make recommendation and improve performance.
- Measure online conversion and identify tactics internally and with development team to improve conversion rates
What we are looking for in our Ecommerce Manager:
- Experience in an Ecommerce environment at Management level.
- Strong leadership experience.
- Ideally experience of B2B Ecommerce, but not essential.
- Experience of PPC, Google Analytics.
- Must have strategy and delivery experience.
- Experience of project\product management.
- Commercially minded individual
- Technical experience with ecommerce platforms.
- Knowledge of digital marketing channels.
What we can offer you as our Ecommerce Manager:
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 32 days after 5 years’ service
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
We are proud to be a family-friendly employer and offer…
- Up to four personal days paid leave a year
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working hours
- Store Discount at our Scout Store + other online benefits
- Study and volunteer leave
Closing date: TBC
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click ‘Apply’ now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies.
About FareShare UK
As the UK’s national network of charitable food redistributors. We believe that no good food should go to waste. We redistribute surplus food to charities that turn it into meals. We are doers. We are a community. We change lives
We have an excellent opportunity to join FareShare and if you feel that you would like to make a difference this may be the role for you.
The Commercial Officer will focus on working with the food industry to provide increasing volumes of surplus foods to the charities and community groups we support across the country, the success you have, together with your colleagues in the Food Team, will be critical to maintaining our growth.
Your role will be to identify, develop and manage new and existing food partners. Supported by the Commercial Manager you will work with companies in the food industry, generating value for the partner whilst securing growing and sustainable volumes of surplus food for the FareShare Network.
You will also be required to work closely across departments in our food partners such as Supply Chain, CSR, Marketing, Operations etc. With support from the Commercial Manager, you will identify and understand opportunities at our food partners, putting the case for food redistribution through FareShare, implementing processes to develop sustainable supply to FareShare whilst creating mutual and shared value between our organisations. You will build your understanding of our food partners’ needs and work closely with FareShare colleagues in the UK office and from across the country to extract maximum value from the relationships.
As part of this role you will support any FareShare industry facing initiatives, including those specifically related to help overcome the barriers to food redistribution and increase the volumes of surplus foods which are redistributed. This may require you to work with food partners and other stakeholders to ensure appropriate identification of activities, and monitoring progress, benefits and evaluation.
You will work closely with FareShare colleagues in Fundraising, Marketing and Operations to provide the best service to our food partners, our network and the charities we deliver to.
- Support the Commercial Manager in the development and execution of strategies appropriate to your food category
- Provide support to Senior Manager and Commercial Managers to manage projects within existing or developing key accounts, providing support and assistance to the development of those partnerships.
- Work closely with colleagues in Operations, especially the Supply Chain and Logistics team and the Regional Centres, to ensure smooth on-boarding of new suppliers, planning of food into the network and resolution of any relevant operational issues relating to your food category and partners.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in Marketing Communications to provide relevant and compelling communications support to food partners and helping to monitor social media/food partner/industry comms relating to own accounts.
- Support the work of colleagues in the Fundraising and Volunteering teams to help leverage maximum benefit from our relationships with food partners, encouraging broader relationships with our food partners and an appreciation of the benefits of partnering with FareShare.
Main areas of responsibility
Business Development and Relationship Management
- With support from the Commercial Manager undertake research to identify potential growth areas and new accounts
- Support the Commercial Manager in the development and execution of strategies for your food category.
- Approach and engage food companies that have the potential to divert surplus food to the FareShare network.
- Create and deliver engaging presentations for the acquisition and retention of food partners, effectively Sustainability, to build a good understanding of operations and negotiate effective outcomes for FareShare.
- Identify patterns where food surpluses have occurred before and are likely to occur again and work with the partner to develop systems and business processes which are appropriate for that partner and which will ensure they are managed in the most environmentally, socially and financially efficient way.
- Use our food data and other stats to identify trends to food partner supply and to effectively manage food partners, identifying appropriate milestones and opportunities to prompt lapsed or infrequent partners.
- presenting the benefits of working with FareShare.
- Research and engage relevant key personnel within food businesses working across functions of the key food industry partners, like Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations and Sustainability, to build a good understanding of operations and negotiate effective outcomes for FareShare.
As an employer committed to Equal Opportunities, we will assess applications in line with these criteria that we consider either as being essential or desirable in this role.
- Experience of working in or alongside the food industry in account management or customer facing role
- Strong relationship skills, building and maintaining relationships across a range of levels and with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; experience in presenting confidently to a range of stakeholders at varying levels
- Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Offices packages and a good level of numeracy and literacy.
- Experience of managing accounts in the FMCG, food, retail or other fast moving customer service orientated sector
- Track record of using selling and negotiation skills with professionalism and integrity to achieve desired outcomes & targets.
- Management of initiatives and projects such as new product launches, operational initiatives, promotional activity or similar
- Knowledge of and interest in Sustainable Development, Corporate Social Responsibility and experience of its application within the business environment.
Competencies and behaviours
- Demonstrable interest in, and understanding of food waste and surplus redistribution
- Motivation towards, and interest in, FareShare’s mission
- Problem solving ability, able to think laterally and creatively
- Highly motivated, comfortable working independently and using initiative as well as being an enthusiastic team player contributing to group tasks and team working
Salary £28,000-£30,000 per annum
Location: London/Sheffield (Hybrid) UK Wide
25 days’ annual leave + 8 bank holidays
Employee Assistance Program
Interest free bicycle purchase loan scheme
Season ticket loan
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Do you have a track record in commercial management, a good understanding of current retail trends, particularly garden centre retailing, and some horticultural experience? Then join Richmond Fellowship at the award winning Old Moat Garden Centre as a Commercial Manager.
Part of the Recovery Focus Group, Richmond Fellowship is a leading charity and voluntary sector provider of mental health services in England. Established in 1959, we help make mental health recovery a reality for over 9000 people every year. And, right now, we’re looking for a Commercial Manager to join us at the Old Moat Garden Centre in Epsom.
The Old Moat Garden Centre is a quirky and beautiful site that has just undergone a major renovation with a new entrance and expanded parking, a new commercial kitchen and extended retail space. We are much more than a Garden Centre; being part of a not-for-profit organisation, the specialist support team at the Old Moat provide work experience and training for people with mental health needs, but to enable us to do this good work, we need your commercial expertise.
Your challenge? To manage the center’s retail operation and continue to develop and grow the service and brand identity of the centre to make sure it becomes and remains fully self-sustaining. As well as maximising appropriate retail opportunities in order to increase annual sales, we’ll rely on you to carry out range reviews and introduce new product categories. Providing leadership to staff in the retail and catering operations will be important too. And, when it comes to supporting the delivery of our work with people with mental health needs, overseeing risk management or ensuring Health & Safety compliance, again, we'll count on you to deliver.
To succeed, you’ll need substantial experience of developing commercial business plans and managing trade budgets, preferably in a related environment. We’ll also be looking for a flexible, hands-on approach, a proven ability to lead, motivate and inspire a team and a flair for negotiating with tact and diplomacy. A stickler for customer care, you're great at merchandising too. What's more, you have experience of interpreting management information in order to improve the performance of a service. We encourage applicants with lived experience of mental health however if you’ve not worked with people experiencing mental ill health before, we can provide training, but you must have a genuine interest in working in partnership with people experiencing these issues.
In return, you can expect some great benefits, including 25 days' annual leave plus statutory bank holidays and a contributory pension scheme after a qualifying period.
The salary for this post is £34,212 with progression to £35,798 per annum.
This is a permanent, full time role requiring the post holder to work 37.5 hours per week.
This is a rolling recruitment process. Candidates will be interviewed as and when they are shortlisted.
Recovery Focus is committed to working towards equal opportunities and we select staff solely on merit irrespective of race, colour, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, social class, religious belief, disability or history of mental health or addiction problems. If you need support to apply for the role or adaptions at interview please contact the recruitment team to discuss.
Administrative Assistant (Commercial Partnerships)
Salary: Up to £26,000p.a. + excellent benefits
Contract type/ hours: Permanent / full time 35 hours
Location: Stratford, London (This role is offered with high flexibility, and we would only expect you to be in the office 1-2 days a week)
Application Deadline: Friday 10th June at 23.55. This vacancy may close earlier if a high number of applications are received or once a suitable candidate is found, so please do not delay submitting your application to avoid any disappointment.
Are you a pro-active, sharp minded individual with administrative experience that can help us win the fight against cancer?
We have an exciting opportunity for a driven and experienced Administrative Assistant to join the Commercial Partnerships team in the Research & Innovation (R&I) Directorate, based in our head office in Stratford.
What will I be doing?
The Commercial Partnerships team develops promising ideas into successful cancer therapeutics, vaccines, diagnostics and enabling technologies. We are dedicated to advancing discoveries to beat cancer by developing and commercialising exciting new discoveries in cancer research. Our deep understanding of both academia and industry enables us to translate promising research into commercial propositions to deliver patient benefit and commercial value that will support further cancer research.
Key deliverables of this role are to provide high level support to 3 x Associate Directors and general administrative assistance to the wider Commercial Partnerships team to create an efficient, comprehensive and proactive admin support function.
Some of the key duties include:
Booking travel arrangements, conferences, and training courses
Arranging external meetings and events
Arranging all aspects of internal meetings, including booking rooms and ordering catering and pre-registering external visitors onto reception
Taking minutes at meetings when required and circulating agenda and papers
Processing invoices and purchase orders
Prepare PowerPoint presentations and other documentation
Diary management for senior individuals
Ad hoc administrative duties requested by management
What skills are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will be motivated and enthusiastic, along with a natural ability to juggle multiple responsibilities and tasks.
Our optimism and desire to succeed leads us to constantly challenge ourselves and others, which means you will be encouraged to stretch yourself in this dynamic environment.
To take on this challenge, you'll have:
Experience of managing busy diaries which are primarily externally focused
Experience of working within an administrative capacity for a large team (30 people plus)
Proven ability to manage multiple responsibilities and tasks with high attention to detail and flexibility
If you're as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.
For more information, please view the candidate pack by clicking here:
Application process: In our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, we operate an anonymised shortlisting process. Please therefore ensure that you have completed the work history section of the application form and answered all application questions. CVs are required for all applications; however they will not be reviewed until interview stage
What will I gain?
Without you we wouldn't be able to achieve our aim of seeing 3 in 4 people survive cancer by 2034. So, we want to reward you in as many ways as possible. Our benefits package includes discounts on anything from travel to technology, generous holiday allowance, gym membership, and much more.?We want to ensure that you have the best work/life balance possible, so we actively encourage a flexible working culture for all of our roles wherever?possible.?Depending?on your role, options for flexibility could include homeworking, reduced or flexi-hours, job shares, job splits, and core hours. For the majority of our office-based roles?you'll only be?required to work from a specific location for 1 or 2 days a week on average.?You'll also be able to access a wide range of learning and development opportunities. And ultimately, you'll know that you'll be changing lives through your?work.??
Fundraising & Commercial Marketing Manager
- Home Based with some travel to Head Office required
- Up to £42,000 based on experience
- 35 hours over 5 days per week
In this new role you’ll have a hands-on role in managing ambitious campaigns to deliver against fundraising and commercial sales objectives, covering all aspects of marketing (digital and physical, including brand management), supporter comms, website and social media including development and delivery of creative ideas and concepts.
You’ll have a good understanding of what works for fundraising, but an open and inquisitive mind and a desire to test, learn and scale develop new concepts for an untraditional charity audience (the automotive industry). You’ll have the opportunity to share and grow your own ideas as part of an exciting team on the journey towards ‘great fundraising’.
- You’ll be a team player who thrives in an agile, ambitious environment
- You’ll be happy sharing your own thoughts and ideas, and working to bring them to life
- You’ll be delivering compelling marketing activity that furthers Ben’s ambition and strengthens its ability to deliver on its mission
- You’ll work across the full range of B2B products and services, ensuring pricing, positioning and marketing activities are aligned for maximum impact
- You’ll be responsible for overall brand management of Ben’s fundraising and commercial brands (DoIt4Ben, ILC, BenBall, BenWell etc.)
- You’ll deliver a consistent, high-quality service to all stakeholders, ensuring an experience which often exceeds expectations and delivers the optimum customer satisfaction
- A minimum of 33 days, inclusive of Bank Holidays and subject to increase with the length of service.
- Contributory pension scheme – matched at 4%.
- Life assurance 3 x basic annual salary.
- Access to Perkbox, employee benefits platforms, offering free perks and discounts with hundreds of companies and deals available.
- Enhance Maternity/ paternity Pay
- Employee Assistance Programmes.
- Wellbeing support including access to mental health digital platforms.
- Long Service Recognition.
- Personal Development.
- Rewards and Incentives.
- Free car parking
Ben is an independent charity and dedicated partner to the automotive industry, providing support for life for its people and their family dependents. Ben is focused on delivering care and support to enable total health & wellbeing through working and later life.
Ben provides free and conﬁdential advice and support focused on the main areas of peoples’ health and wellbeing: ﬁnancial, physical, mental and social, supporting people at whatever stage of life. Everyone who works, or has worked, in the automotive industry can access Ben's support.
By working in partnership with automotive industry companies, Ben can help them to support their people through life’s challenges and build a stronger, more resilient automotive industry. Ben is dedicated to working closely with employers to help support their people, and therefore the industry as a whole.
If this describes you, and you are ambitious and motivated and want to make a positive difference to people’s lives, get in touch with us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced procurement professional to join this well known charity based in London. Reporting into the Head of Procurement your role as Senior Procurement Manager will be to manage procurement related projects, lead on negotiations with potential and existing suppliers, plan discussions with stakeholders as well as providing support as required to other members of the team and stakeholders.
Responsibilities will include:
· Work directly with stakeholders across the organisation, providing advice, guidance and leadership on the procurement process, contract management, timeliness, meeting objectives and effective negotiation.
· Actively support formal tenders as required ensuring compliance with internal procurement guidelines and policies. This will include the management of the process itself, guidance to internal participants and the liaison with organisations taking part.
· Assist in improving procurement templates and supporting documentation, aligning them to corporate standards, to meet requirements and support successful completion within selected spend areas.
· Act on behalf of the Head of Procurement in their absence in respect of all reporting requirements including: statistics and status updates, SLA’s, KPI’s, compliance, risk and savings as well as managing staff.
· Working with members of Procurement, Legal and business area functions, lead or support on procurement reviews as agreed with Head of Procurement to meet individual targets, ensure business areas are well managed and projects are delivered within agreed timescales with sustainable business models and meeting the project objectives set.
You will need to be a hands on procurement professional who is happy to lead on procurement activity of all levels and who is comfortable managing supplier and stakeholder relationships. Ideally you will be MCIPS qualified and experience in the public sector or not for profit sector would be an advantage.
This role is paying circa £43,000 and you will be required in the London office 2 days a week.
WR Fundraising Recruitment is recruiting a Head of Sales and Account Management for a charity - focussing on supplying commercial products and services within the food production, FMCG and hospitality sectors.
The charity is at an exciting juncture, generating large income levels from its corporate partners, and we are looking for a partnerships professional to nurture existing and new relationships while ensuring the highest levels of client care are met.
Leading a new team, the postholder will develop key business development and account management strategies, ensuring expectations are met and income levels continue to grow.
The charity has big ambitions to drive the income generation strategy forward and enable it to achieve its next stage of growth, and this pivotal role has the potential to develop as part of that strategy.
Head of Sales and Account Management
Full Time, Permanent
High Wycombe with very flexible home working arrangements
Circa £39,500 - £43,000 per annum on experience
Duties will include:
- Establishing and managing the relationships with commercial clients to ensure customer satisfaction, the growth of existing and new business and the achievement of business objectives
- Management and leadership of the sales and fulfilment team to achieve KPI’s
- Ownership of the sales strategy, updating to ensure it remains current and fit for purpose
- Develop marketing and promotional strategies to support focussed sales development
- Deliver an account management strategy, building strong and sustainable relationships with key commercial partners
- Manage sales fulfilment activities across the charity’s food safety product range
- Lead sales of advertising and sponsorship opportunities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Business Development Management experience with a focus on relationship building and the highest levels of customer care
- Experience relating to the food production, FMCG or hospitality sector
- An understanding or experience of the charity sector
- Ability to build relationships and rapport and skilled in account management
- Analytical and numeracy skills with the ability to produce, monitor and interpret financial information and reports
- Experience of managing and developing a motivated team
To apply and for further information, please email a copy of your CV in the first instance.
WR Fundraising Recruitment are passionate about bringing together talented fundraising professionals with fantastic organisations. We’d love to hear from you if you are looking for a new fundraising opportunity.
The Royal Parks (TRP) is a charity created in March 2017. We manage over 5,000 acres of diverse parkland, rare habitats and historic buildings and monuments in eight Royal Parks across London. These are: Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens, The Green Park, St James’s Park, The Regent's Park and Primrose Hill, Greenwich Park, Richmond Park and Bushy Park.
We also manage other important public spaces including Brompton Cemetery and Victoria Tower Gardens. Our eight Royal Parks and other public spaces are among the most visited attractions in the UK with 77 million visits every year.
Our Estates Team is responsible for ensuring the effective estate management of our historic portfolio, safeguarding the parks for current and future users whilst also driving commercial income and activities.
We are now looking for an Estates Manager to join our Estates Team on a full-time basis, working 36 hours per week.
- Salary of £38,000 - £43,000 per annum
- 26 days’ holiday plus bank holidays (increasing to 29 days’ after 3 years’ service)
- Reduced gym membership
- Interest-free season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance programme - available to all staff and family members
- Free eye tests and flu vaccinationspr
This is the ideal opportunity for an experienced surveyor with excellent negotiation skills to join our blossoming organisation.
The experience and skill set that you bring to this role will be vital in our continued mission to protect and care for our Parks while promoting national heritage by facilitating and hosting a range of exciting and engaging ceremonies and events.
So, if you want to spend your working days immersed in the historical heritage and beautiful scenery of some of London’s most spectacular green spaces, apply today!
As an Estate Manager, you will be responsible for a range of property-related matters across our estate.
Assisting the Senior Estates Manager, you will negotiate licences for the use of buildings and land under our management and take the lead in negotiating various property contracts.
You will respond to planning applications impacting the parks and oversee the estate database (Estateman) as well as the mapping and/or measurement service. You will also help set and review income and expenditure budgets and have line management responsibility for one Estates Officer.
Additionally, you will contribute to maximising income generated from the management of the estate and will build strong relationships with our many licensees and tenants.
To be considered as an Estate Manager, you will need:
- Proven experience of estate management, ideally gained in a historic estate of a similar size and complexity as the Royal Parks
- Demonstrable experience of generating income from an estate by way of property management (such as licence fee/rent reviews) and other estate related matters
- Experience of negotiating a range of agreements, including leases and licences, and negotiating with high-profile third parties and small-scale building contractors
- Proven effective management of key working relationships
- Knowledge of landlord and tenant law
- Knowledge of national and local planning policies and the planning process
- Knowledge of valuation
- The ability to read drawings and/or maps (plans, sections, and elevations)
- A degree level education or equivalent through relevant training and/or experience
Experience of responding to planning consultations, third-party planning applications, and meeting with developers and their consultants to discuss their proposed developments would be beneficial to your application.
Line management experience would be equally advantageous, as would membership of the RICS (AssocRICS/MRICS/FRICS) or be working towards it.
Other organisations may call this role Land Manager, Land Management Manager, Facilities Manager, Estates Surveyor, Surveyor, or Chartered Surveyor.
The Royal Parks is an equal opportunities employer, who values diversity and is strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re ready for a new challenge in a beautiful location as an Estates Manager, please apply via the button shown.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Location: Conwy, Wales
Salary: £23,939 - £26,558 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Annual Leave, Life Assurance
Hours: Full Time for 37.5 hours per week
Do you have fantastic supervisory/customer service skills and are looking for a new challenge as well as an out-of-the-ordinary work location? Then we have a brilliant opportunity to join our team working on a stunning nature reserve near Conwy which is full of amazing wildlife.
At RSPB (Royal Society for the Protection of Birds) Conwy reserve we are looking to recruit a Retail Manager. RSPB Conwy already has a successful retail business with the potential to further grow the business. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual with strong relative skills and experience to manage the shop and the retail team and to work with the other departments to maximise the potential for the site.
About RSPB Conwy:
Situated on the banks of the Conwy estuary the reserve has wonderful trails that take in some stunning scenery and wildlife. The facilities include a car park, visitor centre shop, café, and education facilities /event space. There are 20 staff and approximately 70 volunteers making up the whole reserve team. The current shop staffing model comprises a Retail Manager, a part-time Retail Assistant Manager (4 days per week), three part-time retail assistants plus a number of retail volunteers.The reserve facilities are open every day of the week.
What's the role about?
As part of the team, you will work for one of the world’s leading conservation charities, dedicated to saving nature. Using your skills, you will be directly contributing to the RSPB's objectives through the income you help to generate in the shop. The shop stocks a range of full-price products, including wild bird food, feeders and nest boxes, binoculars, telescopes, and giftware.
You will draw on your experience to deliver all retail elements, delivering an excellent customer experience for visitors to the shop, with the aim of maximising income and profit for the RSPB.
As Retail Manager you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Ensure the retail store delivers the highest standard of customer care
- Achieve financial targets and KPI’s to deliver against retail store goals
- Ensure that the store is commercially merchandised
- Be accountable for stock control and ensuring that appropriate stock levels are met
- Ensure that all retail admin, operating processes, security including cash handling and health and safety adhere to RSPB procedures
- Ensure that all retail staff and volunteers are recruited, trained and managed in accordance with RSPB guidelines and policy to achieve efficient team working
- Be responsible for the planning and efficient day to day running of the retail store
- Assist in the delivery of brand and RSPB strategy
- Work with the wider team at RSPB Conwy to maximise opportunities for increased sales as well as supporting the other departments in the team.
*You will receive full training and support on all aspects of RSPB Retail, which will enable you to drive sales, be a positive role model to the team, and be an ambassador for the RSPB.
What we need from you
- Sound understanding of systems and procedures necessary to run a commercial retail operation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads.
- Problem solving skills and ability to work on own initiative.
- Proven track record of managing or supervising a successful retail store/team - We would consider applicants with relevant transferable skills.
- Experience of managing and delivering targets and KPI’s for a retail business.
- Experience of analysing and interpreting financial data in a retail environment.
- Experience of working with stock management systems and stock controls.
- Ability to deliver an exemplar customer service experience and manage and respond to customer needs and feedback.
- Working knowledge of visual merchandising principles.
- Experience of working at a visitor attraction.
- Retail management certificate
Closing Date: 23:59, Sun, 26th Jun 2022
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position on Tues 12 July 2022.
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website to complete your application for this position.
The RSPB is an equal opportunities employer. This role is covered by/exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
No agencies please.