420 Direct marketing manager jobs
What’s my CV Worth?
How much could you earn in the charity sector? Use our CV checker to find out.Check Now
Full time, 37.5 hours
£32,582 - £38,329
Witney (currently our policy is a minimum of 40% of hours in the office, with the remainder remote working)
Are you an experienced Marketing Manager wanting to support our persecuted brothers and sisters??
Do you have proven experience in managing a team and marketing campaign management?
Are you a strong communicator, able to communicate vision, strategy, plans and tactics?
Open Doors is a Christian charity, part of Open Doors International, a global NGO network which works in over 60 countries to support and strengthen persecuted Christians. Last year the UK base raised approximately £15 million to provide practical support to persecuted Christians such as food, medicines, trauma care, legal assistance, safe houses and schools, as well as spiritual support through Christian literature, training and resources.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Marketing Manager to manage the team of Campaign Marketing Managers, Marketing Project Managers and Marketing Coordinator, overseeing the pipeline of campaigns and marketing projects to deliver the marketing and fundraising strategy. You will ensure all campaigns and projects follow a project plan and are managed successfully from start to end, ensuring scoping of the plan, clear briefs, objectives, and timings, and ensure that the project stays within budget.
This role will provide senior marketing leadership in the Marketing team. Working closely with the Head of Marketing, you will lead the planning and delivery of marketing across bought, owned, and earned channels to build awareness, change minds, prompt action, and develop deep connections with supporters.
As Senior Marketing Manager you will work collaboratively across the organisation to deliver results - cutting across boundaries, focussing on our supporters (new and existing), learning rapidly, and responding to change. You will ensure the team are skilled, inspired and delivering results.
You will champion effective marketing across a range of channels to maximise engagement and inspire action by our supporters. You will also support the Head of Marketing to ensure marketing excellence across all marketing activities.
As a committed Christian*, you will have a good understanding of the Christian community and its various denominational expressions throughout the UK & Ireland. You will be committed to high standards and show exceptional attention to detail.
You will discover that we work here because we are passionate about the mission of Open Doors. This role will provide you with the opportunity to use your God-given character and talents to contribute to the work of Open Doors, and to be part of a team that seeks to grow the charity, to support and encourage one another, and uphold the Christian values that we base our identity on.
If you are a Christian* looking to make an impact and seeking a new challenge in 2022, we'd love to hear from you!
Closing date: Friday 24th June 2022, noon
First interviews: Week commencing Monday 4th July 2022
*There is an occupational requirement under Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010 for this post to be held by an actively practising Christian who assents to our statement of faith.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
We have an exciting opportunity for an In Memory Manager to join our Legacy and In Memory team. You will join us working 35 hours per week for a period of 12 months and will be based remotely, in return you will receive a competitive salary of up to £38,243.07 per annum plus excellent benefits.
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity with a nationwide network of adoption and homing centres, volunteer-run branches and charity shops. During 2021, we helped 137,000 cats and kittens. That's the equivalent of around 375 cats a day!
The role is a key part of our Legacy and In Memory department and is responsible for driving and shaping the growth of our dedicated In Memory Giving programmes. Every year, thousands of supporters donate to Cats Protection in memory of a loved one – be that a cat loving person in their lives, or a beloved feline companion – and ensuring those supporters know their contributions to our work are a fitting tribute to their friend or family member is of the utmost importance to us.
This reason for giving has become even more significant over the last few years, and the organisation has taken great strides to respond to this accordingly. The role therefore not only has its own dedicated fundraising, marketing and supporter care responsibilities, but also leads work to establish how we recognise and honour those supporting in this way across other areas of the charity, and how we integrate alongside other related programmes within our Marketing and Income Generation Directorate.
Responsibilities of our In Memory Manager:
As In Memory Manager you will manage the development and implementation of Cat’s Protection’s In Memory giving programmes. You will define annual plans, budgets and KPI’s to grow the volume and value of supporters giving in memory of both beloved people and cats. You will have line management responsibility for an In Memory Officer, and as a team will be responsible for maximizing the value of current and future support through exemplary marketing and stewardship, innovative recognition, and seamless integration.
What we’re looking for in our In Memory Manager:
- Significant experience in an In Memory fundraising role
- Management of income and expenditure budgets
- Considerable experience of commissioning and managing external agencies and consultants
- Comfortable reporting and presenting to colleagues, senior management and external agencies
- Experience of utilising in depth data analysis and segmentation for marketing purposes
What we can offer you
- salary of up to £38,243.07 per annum plus excellent benefits
- generous annual leave entitlement
- contribution pension scheme
- life assurance scheme
- range of health benefits
- Employee Assistance Programme
- and more
Join us as our In Memory Manager and know you are helping to make a real difference to cats and kittens across the UK!
Unfortunately, we cannot accept applications or CVs that are emailed to us directly. Please note any applications received after the closing date may not be responded to.
Closing date: 9th June 2022
Virtual interview date: Week commencing 16th June 2022
Cats Protection is committed to safeguarding children and adults at risk and protecting anyone that comes into contact with us from harm. We expect all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
A fantastic national charity are looking for a Direct Marketing Manager to join their team. You’ll be responsible for briefing, developing and delivering agreed campaigns and channels, ensuring that all campaigns are project managed to deliver high quality communications, on time and to budget. You’ll monitor and manage income and expenditure, completing monthly reforecasts.
You’ll line management two Direct Marketing Executives, ensuring continued training and development of staff, conducting regular 121s and performance reviews. You’ll work collaboratively with other teams to ensure opportunities for innovation and cross-selling are explored, increasing both income and supporter experience. You’ll also manage relationships with external suppliers to ensure they deliver a quality service.
You will need:
- Proven experience within Direct Marketing
- Proven successful experience of managing complex direct marketing campaigns and budgets
- Strategic and financial planning experience
- Experience of analysing the performance of DM campaigns
If you would like to have an informal discussion, please call Chloe or James on 02030 062787 or email [email protected].
Ashby Jenkins Recruitment are a specialist charity recruitment agency, we use our extensive sector knowledge and experience to match candidates to the most suitable roles. We take a relationship-led approach to recruitment, working ethically, supporting people to find their perfect role within the not-for-profit sector.
We are passionate about improving equality across the sector, you can read more about our commitment to diversity here. We proactively welcome applications from a diverse range of candidates.
If enough applications are received the charity reserve the right to end the application period sooner.
Job Title: Senior Email Marketing Manager
Responsible to: Director of Membership Operations
Salary: £33,000 - £36,400 (Band 4)
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week or part time e.g. during school hours by negotiation
Location: Home based with regular attendance in London
Purpose of the Job
To lead on strategy and overall storytelling within the function
How to apply:
Please read through the Full Job Description to learn more about the role
- A full CV of no more than two pages and including a telephone number and email address
- A covering letter (no more than one A4 page) setting out why you want the job and how your experience and skills are relevant to it To be considered for this position, please submit your application to email provided
We will be reviewing applications as they come in and reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date
Please note: We will not be able to employ you if you are not eligible to work in the UK. We will not be able to obtain a work permit on your behalf.
Applicants are encouraged to inform us if any reasonable adjustments are needed to be made during any part of the recruitment process.
Please let us have details of your current salary and two referees including one from your current employer – if you would prefer us not to contact them until a later stage of the selection process, please let us know.
We will not notify applicants if their application has been unsuccessful at shortlisting stage.
The Party believes it is essential to foster equity, equality, diversion and inclusion within our workforce. We want our employees to thrive in an environment where everyone is welcome and supported to achieve their potential. It is important to celebrate what makes us unique and that you feel valued, appreciated and free to be who you are.
What's it like working here? Well here's the deal!!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
With the number of people living with and at risk of diabetes growing every day, our work has never felt more needed, or relevant. Our ambitious marketing and communications teams are central to helping us reach more people than ever to achieve our vision of a world where diabetes can do no harm.
Email is one of the most important communications channels we have at Diabetes UK, offering us an unique way to reach, and deepen engagement with, our beneficiaries and supporters. Every team in the charity, from Fundraising and Campaigning to our Healthcare Engagement team, relies on email to reach its key audiences. That's why we're looking for a brilliant Email Marketing Manager to join our team and help us deliver maximum impact through our email comms.
Interview Date: W/C 27 June 2022
We would consider flexibility on where this role could be based
Please note that all job offers are subject to you providing acceptable evidence of your eligibility to work in the UK.
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays, increasing to 30 days in your first 5 years here. Pro rata'd for those on part time hours or fixed term contracts.
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,600 towards a range of out-of-pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and agile working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Access to Remote GP, physiotherapy, mental health support, and much more
- Annual Season ticket loan (after successful completion of your probation period and for contracts that are permanent or over 12 months if fixed term)
- Home office season ticket (to help you spread the cost of any equipment or furniture you wish to purchase)
- Excellent Family-friendly and Carers policies, e.g. generous maternity, paternity, and neo-natal policies - considerably higher than statutory leave and pay
- Cycle to work scheme (after successful completion of your probation period and for contracts that are permanent or over 12 months if fixed term)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities which we are delighted have continued remotely during the pandemic
- We have a variety of well-being sessions throughout the year
This is an especially exciting time for email marketing at Diabetes UK, as we have just moved to a new email platform, DotDigital. Working within the Strategic Marketing team, this fantastic role will be responsible for leading on the development and delivery of a new email strategy for Diabetes UK.
In this role, you'll work with teams across the charity to better reach, engage, support, and build meaningful long-term relationships with our supporters and beneficiaries, championing an insight-driven, engagement-first approach to email with our audiences at its heart.
This is the perfect role for a strategic and creative thinker with excellent skills in email marketing and stakeholder management. You'll be a talented copywriter, and be adept at building strong working relationships and advising colleagues on email best practice.
You'll have a strong marketing and communications background (gained within an agency or in-house marketing environment) and significant experience of developing, delivering and evaluating email marketing strategies, as well as managing email data processes and workflows to build effective journeys. You'll be enthusiastic and passionate about the opportunity to grow this vital communications channel to reach, engage and support more people affected by diabetes.
Job Title: Marketing and PR Manager
Location: RHS Garden Rosemoor – Hybrid Working
Salary: £35,000 per year
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are looking for a dynamic Marketing and PR Manager to join the team at Rosemoor - our stunning garden in North Devon.
This is a permanent contract. We will also consider temporary applications.
The post will report into our Cross Gardens Marketing Manager (based in Wisley garden) and is responsible for attracting new and repeat visitors to our Rosemoor garden, by planning and delivering compelling marketing plans and activity.
This role will work closely with the tight knit team onsite: Head of Site, Visitor Services Retail and Catering to create product propositions and events programmes in the garden, which appeal to our Audience Segments and increase visitation. A close relationship is also needed with the PR team and the Membership Team based in London.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience of leading local regional marketing campaigns with measurable results
- Experience of harnessing local and regional PR to generate great press coverage
- Experience of briefing campaign creative and media agencies
- Experience of planning and managing social media accounts
This is a very exciting time to join the Royal Horticultural Society. We have just launched our new brand proposition, with a national advertising campaign, which started this month. As the world’s leading gardening charity we have also set out our plans to combat climate change by becoming net positive for nature and for people within the decade, and to encourage and help the millions of gardeners in the UK to do the same.
Driving visits to the RHS gardens is a key source of income that enables us carry out this work. By generating exciting and on-brand marketing plans, this role is an integral part to helping achieve this.
Details of our great benefits can be found on our website.
Safeguarding and Inclusion
The RHS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and expects all personnel to share in this commitment. We are an inclusive employer and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
The Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) is a unique and dynamic membership organisation which comprises 15 of the UK’s leading humanitarian charities: ActionAid UK, Age International, British Red Cross, CAFOD, CARE International UK, Christian Aid, Concern Worldwide (UK), International Rescue Committee (IRC), Islamic Relief Worldwide, Oxfam GB, Plan International UK, Save the Children UK, Tearfund and World Vision UK.
When a large-scale disaster hits countries without the capacity to respond, the DEC brings together our 15 member charities to raise funds quickly and efficiently. In these times of crisis, people in life-and-death situations need our help and our mission is to save, protect and rebuild lives through effective humanitarian response.
Pooling our resources to work as one, we are pivotal in co-ordinating the UK public's response to overseas disasters. In collaboration with our Rapid Response Network of national media and corporate partners, we raise the alarm to the UK public and set up easy ways to donate, with the majority of our funds raised over an intensive two-week period following a disaster.
Since our launch in 1963, we have run over 70 fundraising appeals and raised more than £1.7bn, saving countless lives and rebuilding communities.
We are now looking for a Direct Marketing and Supporter Services Officer to join our team on a permanent, full-time basis and help co-ordinate our community fundraising programme.
- Salary of £32,000 per annum
- Great benefits package
- Support humanitarian efforts across the globe
If you have exceptional customer care experience, as well as a background in database management and co-ordination, this is a fantastic opportunity to join our team and help us improve our supporter care services.
Our mission is to save, protect and rebuild lives through effective humanitarian responses and we couldn’t do that without the wonderful support of our fundraisers.
In this engaging and varied role, you’ll have the chance to improve the care and stewardship of our community fundraisers so they have the very best support to reach their fundraising goals, meaning we can continue to help more people in desperate need.
Interested? If you think you have the skills and experience to make a real difference in our team, apply today.
As a Direct Marketing and Supporter Services Officer, you will oversee the day-to-day management and delivery of supporter care services and community fundraising within our organisation.
A key part of your role will include managing and improving our approach to community fundraising and co-ordinating the development and implementation of a community fundraising strategy.
You will co-ordinate our community fundraising programme and provide first-class support to fundraisers to help them reach and exceed their fundraising goals and inspire loyalty.
You will also implement and continually improve supporter care initiatives and best practice through supporter enquiry communications, donations and data management.
Additionally, you will:
- Ensure ongoing compliance with relevant data and fundraising regulations
- Manage and develop temporary staff, volunteers, and/or supplier staff for the Supporter Services Team
- Analyse how community fundraising data is recorded and stored, implementing new and improved systems
- Optimise how community fundraisers are managed through internal processes
- Assist the Fundraising & Marketing Department with administrative and office support
To join us as a Direct Marketing and Support Services Officer, you will need:
- Experience of providing customer care
- An understanding of the principles of good customer care and the accountabilities of a charity to its donors, supporters and volunteers
- Experience of database management and co-ordination, including managing and developing office electronic and manual donor administrative systems and a supporter database
- A professional and friendly telephone manner
- The ability to write clearly and concisely
- Strong numeracy skills
- The ability to prioritise and manage a varied workload, especially during busy periods
- Proficient IT skills, especially MS Office
- The willingness to, at times, work unsocial hours
Experience of managing agencies in relation to data transfer would be beneficial to your application, as would a solid understanding of good practice and processes in relation to data transfer.
Sound knowledge and understanding of Gift Aid and tax efficient giving would be advantageous, as would a solid understanding of data protection laws that are relevant to collecting and using data.
The normal working hours for this role are 9.30am to 5.30pm, however, this post will require some flexibility on occasions for which time off in lieu is available.
Other organisations may call this role Supporter Care Officer, Support Services Officer, Fundraising Officer, or Direct Marketing Officer.
The DEC is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from anyone who can meet the criteria, regardless of gender, race, age, disability, sexuality or religion.
The DEC is committed to the safeguarding and protection of children and vulnerable adults and participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from successful applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms their understanding of, and consent to, these recruitment procedures.
How to apply
So, if you’re seeking an engaging role as a Direct Marketing and Supporter Services Officer, please submit a copy of your CV and a cover letter.
We will consider applications as they are submitted and will contact you if we would like to arrange an interview.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to lead on the development and delivery of our direct marketing cash and retention programme. Working in a collaborative manner with teams across the organisation, you will be responsible for leading and developing our warm cash print and email programmes focussing on the retention of Standard Value (£0-£249.99) and Mid Value (£250 - £4999 donors). Working with the Direct Marketing & Legacy Manager you will also lead on the recruitment of new cash givers through a variety of channels.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
About the Role
35 Hours per week
As Direct Marketing Officer at St John Ambulance, you will assist the Direct Marketing manager in delivering growth in income through SJA’s direct marketing retention programme through a range of online and offline campaigns.
In this role, you will focus on the delivery of an evolving retention programme and supporter journey that aims to engage effectively with supports and increase their lifetime value using a range of products and channels including direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS, social media and other current marketing tools.
Working closely with external agencies and suppliers, you will ensure the most cost-effective solutions are being used and strong relationships are built both internally and externally with key contacts.
Please see the job description for more detail (this can be viewed on our website or once you click apply)
To be successful in the role of Direct Marketing Officer, you will have prior experience working in a direct marketing role and knowledge of a variety of fundraising channels including digital, email, social media, direct mail, SMS and telemarketing. Having a working knowledge of using a fundraising database or CRM (eg Raisers Edge) would be highly beneficial.
St John Ambulance works at the heart of communities, providing first aid, keeping people safe at events and working alongside the NHS in response to 999 calls.
Every year, hundreds of thousands of people learn how to save a life through our training, education and youth programmes.
Over the next decade, we have bold ambitions to help transform out-of-hospital care, having a positive impact on the people we treat and the communities we serve.
We are a team of 1,600 employees and 18,000 volunteers, united by our goal of saving lives through first aid.
You will receive:
- Competitive salary & pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health and Wellbeing portal - access to financial, health and wellbeing support and an Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts – you’ll have access to Blue Light and NHS Discounts as well as discounts on mobile phones, gym memberships, cinema tickets, restaurants, holidays and shopping.
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Application Review Date: 10 June 2022
We may review applications before the Application Review Date, however, if you apply after the Application Review Date, your application may not be considered. We will accept applications until we have successfully filled the role.
Stepping into the new role of Direct Marketing Officer and part of our Supporters, Legacies & Data team within the Marketing, Communications and Fundraising Directorate (MCF) you’ll be pivotal in ensuring we can drive forward the most sustainable and reliable of our income streams.
You’ll be joining a brave, can-do organisation, and an ambitious, collaborative and multi-skilled team. You’ll be encouraged to think and act big, and you’ll be mandated and supported to do what’s needed to achieve our mission. You’ll work with dedicated, passionate champions who are ready to take bold steps to inspire change - advocating for our cause, engaging individuals and organisations across the globe in the foundational importance of family love for children.
This is a deeply rewarding role and an exciting time to join us. You will join a brave, can-do organisation and do work that matters day in, day out. In the wake of the devastating crisis in Ukraine, our profile as an organisation has been raised and our work is seen by our supporters as more relevant and more important than ever before. You will be encouraged to think and act big and you will be mandated and supported to make things happen. You will work with dedicated, passionate champions who take bold steps to inspire change.
Direct Marketing Officer Requirements:
You will have proven experience of working in a Direct Marketing team or environment, particularly with direct mail as the focus but with good experience in email and SMS marketing. Good experience of using a database to underpin Direct Marketing activity both in planning and analysis is vital as well as experience of briefing and working closely with creative teams and external suppliers.
About Hope and Homes for Children:
Orphanages don’t protect children, they harm them. Put simply: the last thing an orphanage can provide is the first thing a child needs - someone to love them.
Science shows what we all know, that the bond between a child and their family is vital for their development. Decades of evidence proves that orphanages harm children, subjecting them to high levels of sexual and physical abuse, as well as extreme neglect.
Children always belong in families. They need protection, encouragement, play, laughter and love. They need somewhere to call home and someone to love them. You can help us make this a reality for children.
If you believe every child belongs in a family then join us, as we consign orphanages to history.
To apply, please upload your CV and in place of a covering letter, in no more than 500 words in total, summarise a specific direct marketing campaign you have worked on, outlining the process, output and outcomes (results and learning) and why you believe this best represents your skills and abilities to be successful in this role.
Location: Flexible. We are operating a hybrid working approach and you will need to be able to work from either our head office near Salisbury (East Clyffe, Salisbury, SP3 4LZ) or our London office facilities for part of the week. You will also need to be able to travel to the other location occasionally.
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 with flexibility, as we have generous flexible and home working practises (with the option to consider 4 days a week)
Salary: £27,000 to £34,000 pro-rata, including London Weighting, if located in London, depending on experience.
Closing date for applications is 10th June 2022.
You may have experience of the following: Direct Marketing Officer, Marketing Executive, Marketing Officer, Marketing Manager, Direct Marketing, Charity, Third Sector, NFP, Not For Profit etc.
Ref: 132 979
- To support the overall marketing efforts of Debt Free London.
- To support and continue to build brand continuity and brand voice amongst our partners and within Debt Free London.
- To use our data insights to help promote our service and share our learning.
For further information and to apply, please visit our website via the Apply button.
Closing date: Midday on 31 May 2022.
Work for an internationally renowned centre for spiritual development, based in North-East Scotland. This is a key role offering the post holder the responsibility for the creation and delivery of a marketing strategy to promote on-site and online programmes and to support fundraising programmes. You will be an experienced marketing professional with a demonstrable track record of success. If you are also someone with excellent organisational capability and the vision to lead and inspire, we would like to hear from you.
- Lead the development of the Foundation's marketing strategy in support of its income targets and charitable objectives
- Develop new audiences and optimise existing audiences
- Oversee social media and content strategy, production of all written, visual and filmed content
- Develop metrics to measure, report and evaluate the success of individual campaigns and support ongoing improvement
- Care for others' spiritual well-being and support their spiritual inquiry
- Effective management skills with ability to contribute to Foundation leadership
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills including negotiation and influencing
- Solutions orientated, with a flair for and eye for good design
- Good people skills - personable, direct and proactive
- Excellent IT skills, ideally including Google workspace
Age International is Age UK's international charity, supporting older people and fighting ageism around the world. Our work makes a real, tangible difference to the lives of older people living in the world's poorest places, helping them access better health and care, delivering life-saving aid in emergencies and working to ensure older people have a secure income.
Age International are expanding their team due to rapid growth and are recruiting for 2 Senior Direct Marketing Executives - Loyalty to join their proactive and driven team. With an ambitious plan to grow our income from Individual Giving, it's an exciting time to be joining the charity. In this role you will implement and manage projects across the Age International Individual Giving programme to develop and retain supporters with the aim of maximising the value of our relationships with individual supporters.
Initially, the role will focus on our supporter retention programme but offers excellent development opportunities across a range of exciting projects. With an eye for detail and excellent project management skills you'll be a team player, who isn't afraid to get stuck in to deliver our on collective objectives.
All applications must be supported by a full cover letter, highlighting your relevant experience, transferrable skills and why you wish to work for Age International.
We encourage an early application as we will be shortlisting/interviewing throughout the advertising period.
This is an exciting time to join Age International in one of our two posts that we are adding to the Loyalty team!
You will have:
- Proven successful experience in a direct marketing role
- Delivered and managed effective direct marketing campaigns
- Worked across multiple direct marketing channels, including digital and print
- Experience of preparing, re-forecasting and successfully meeting budget targets
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office applications, particularly Excel and Word
- Experience of managing internal and external stakeholders through various processes, including sign off
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to write compelling direct marketing copy
- Project management, numerical and analytical skills (ideally digital analytical skills)
What we offer in return:
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Heka Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
Be there when it matters
This is a fantastic opportunity to work on the creative design, planning, delivery and reporting of Sue Ryder’s fundraising, retail and volunteering marketing activity and campaigns. You will be reporting into the Senior Marketing Manager, whilst working closely with the Marketing Manager and Senior Marketing Officer also in the team.
You will need demonstrable experience of project managing and delivering marketing campaigns. You will be ambitious and able to work at pace, managing and motivating key internal and external stakeholders. You need to have proven experience and a passion for charity marketing and delivery of fundraising, volunteering and retail campaigns. Keen attention to detail and excellent project management skills are essential.
- Support Sue Ryder’s income generation, retail and volunteering strategies through professional marketing activity and advice.
- Advise teams and help them to develop their understanding of which marketing tools are the most appropriate to help achieve their objectives.
- Support the Fundraising, Retail and Volunteering Teams in delivering large and smaller scale marketing campaigns on time and within budget.
- Build strong, internal relationships with all teams across Sue Ryder to ensure marketing activity is considered well in advance, as part of an integrated communications plan.
- Digital first approach - work closely with internal teams to ensure all campaigns and activity have a digital first approach, testing and optimising campaigns to achieve the best results.
- Help ensure all fundraising, volunteering and retail marketing materials remain up to date and new materials are added and updated as necessary.
- Act as a brand motivator and guardian, ensuring effective messaging and activities are integrated across all communications.
- Continuously increase sector and professional marketing knowledge and feed in to marketing activity.
- To keep up to date on the latest digital fundraising and retail initiatives
- To keep well informed of all Sue Ryder activity.
- To understand and adhere to the values and objectives of Sue Ryder.
- Contributed to team meetings and organisational priorities.
Competitive Benefits Package
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 with length of service plus bank holidays (pro rata if part-time), - Company pension scheme
- Staff discount with thousands of retailers
- Refer a friend scheme - £250
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
- Staff discount of 10% on new goods online
- and lots more. Please visit our careers website for the full list.
Interview date: 7th June (pm)
If you want more than just a job, we want you.
Join the team and be there when it matters.
Sue Ryder supports people through the most difficult times of their lives. Whether that’s a terminal illness, the loss of a loved one or a neurological condition – we’re there when it matters. Our doctors, nurses and carers give people the compassion and expert care they need to help them live the best life they possibly can.
We reserve the right to close this advertisement at any point prior to the stated closing date.
We are excited to be partnered with the British Red Cross to help find their next Marketing Manager.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and delivering strategic marketing and communications plans in a way which positively promotes the British Red Cross and their corporate partnerships to external and internal audiences. This role will be key in supporting new partners and the ongoing stewardship following the surge in support during the British Red Cross Ukraine Crisis Appeal. This is an Initial 6-month contract with a potential for a permanent contract.
Strategic planning & reporting
- Work with the Corporate Partnerships team to develop and oversee delivery of strategic marketing plans, ensuring that plans fulfil partnership requirements in an efficient way, aligning with organisation strategy and making best use of resource
- Report on impact of Partnership marketing and communications activity focusing on outcomes that deliver on partnership requirements and are aligned to British Red Cross strategy and communications plans
- Champion new ways of working, to secure, plan and manage partnership communications.
- Support the Corporate Partnerships teams to develop and implement its strategy, where related to communications, including leading on the improvement of cross-directorate ways of working and team profile, both internally and externally.
Partnership development and delivery
- Develop innovative communications strategies for our top tier corporate partners. Raise awareness of partners’ support for the British Red Cross in the media and on social media, working collaboratively with the corporate partnerships team and the partners themselves.
- Manage the delivery of Partnerships marketing and communications activities across key partnerships and programmes.
- Support the Communications & Advocacy teams and Corporate partnerships teams to identify and leverage proactive and reactive opportunities. Working with relevant teams to develop PR plans which deliver on comms objectives and required reactive statements where required.
- Work with the PR team to organise media trips for corporate partners to visit Red Cross projects overseas and around the UK.
- Help identify and oversee activities to raise awareness of our work among key corporate sectors likely to support BRC’s work.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to plan and manage multiple and complex projects and prioritise tasks.
- A demonstrable understanding of the role of brand in positioning an organisation.
- Demonstrable and excellent negotiation, influencing, networking, presentation and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrated experience of planning and implementing multi-channel communications strategies and clear and integrated communication plans
- Experience of successfully developing marketing plans.
- Experience of internal stakeholder engagement.
- Experience of engaging with external partners / funders
- PR experience
What's on offer:
This a full-time role offering a salary of c.£37,000-£40,000. The role is flexible being either a remote or hybrid role with 2 days in their central London office. Initial 6-month contract with a potential for a permanent contract.
Please apply today so as not to miss out!
We are committed to diverse and inclusive recruitment practises that ensure equal opportunity for everyone, regardless of race, sexual orientation, mental or physical disability, age or gender. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and will happily make reasonable adjustments to always ensure a fair process.