Community Catalysts is a social enterprise working across the UK to try to make sure that people who need care and support to live their lives can get help in ways, times and places that suit them, with real choice of attractive local options.
Since 2007 we have worked with partners in more than 60 local authority areas, keen to improve market diversity and widen community options. We help people use their talents to care for and support other local people by setting up small enterprises and ventures, creating jobs and volunteering opportunities. We also design and deliver projects that unlock community and individual assets in order to create opportunities for people who need care and support. We run the Local Area Coordination Network.
Community Catalysts has an ambitious aim and we know that we need to bring new skills and experience into our senior team in order to achieve our UK-wide ambition.
Effective communications and public relations is vital if we are to further extend our influence and reach. A recent strategic review has concluded that we need to expand our communications function and we have therefore created the new part-time post of Communications Manager. The postholder will be a member of the senior team and will report directly to the CEO.
The Communications Manager is responsible for developing our communications and public relations strategy and managing the delivery of external communications for Community Catalysts. S/he will have line management responsibility for a Communications Officer promoting the work of local projects. S/he is a member of the Senior Management Team and will be expected to contribute to the organisation’s growth and sustainability.
This is a 15 hours per week role and can be home-based with a UK-wide remit.
Closing date for applications is by hard copy on 18th October 2019 at 12.00pm and interviews will take place on 28th October 2019 in Harrogate.
We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community.
It is a hugely exciting time for blood cancer research. Blood cancer treatments have been transformed over the last few decades, thanks partly to the work we’ve funded, and we now think blood cancer could be beaten in the next 25 years. To play our role in achieving this, we need to be able to tell the story of our research in an inspiring way.
Bloodwise are looking for a Research Communications Manager who can help us do that.
You’ll have a background in science and understand the potential for research communications in a charity like ours. But above all, you’ll be a natural communicator who works well with others and has an infectious enthusiasm for scientific research.
The role will involve working with our researchers, developing content for our website, and supporting fundraising departments, including providing content for funding proposals and reporting to major donors and organisations that support us.
If this sounds like you, then this is the chance to use your passion for research to make a positive difference to the lives of people affected by blood cancer.
To apply for this role, please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your experience via our website by:
9am on Monday 30 September 2019
Join us on our journey to beat blood cancer!
*Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date*
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Are you experienced in a senior internal communications role? Are you able to think strategically to develop an annual plan that aligns with organisational priorities?
We are recruiting for an Internal Communications Manager to oversee and enable excellent internal communications for Dogs Trust, ensuring all channels are fully utilised, and our network of staff across the country feel informed and engaged.
Dogs Trust is the largest dog welfare charity in the UK with a nationwide network of rehoming centres and charity shops. Last year, Dogs Trust centres cared for over 15,000 dogs; we never put a healthy dog down.
Communications and Digital plays a central role at Dogs Trust. We help people know, love and understand the charity and take action to support the charity’s work. We use our understanding of Dogs Trust and audience need to produce impactful and creative on-brand communications, liaising with the media and celebrities, and engaging directly with our supporters. We also play a crucial role in evolving the digital supporter experience and use our internal communications expertise to communicate key messages to employees across Dogs Trust.
In this role you will be required to work with key stakeholders to develop an internal communications plan to ensure our workforce is informed and engaged using audience insight, as well as continuing to develop and improve the charity’s reporting processes, using feedback from staff across the organisation.
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrable experience in a senior internal communications role, with a track record of developing and running successful internal communications campaigns for large, complex organisations. You will have experience in stakeholder management, and the ability to work with and influence a variety of different people at different levels, both in person and remotely.
In return for all of this, we have a comprehensive benefits package, which includes excellent annual leave and pension allowances, and you will you join a team of highly professional and driven colleagues in a brilliant upbeat and collaborative environment, all with a genuine passion for dog welfare.
To apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button. Our application process requires you to submit a CV and cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the role.
The Volunteering Network Communications Manager (Network Support Manager) is a key part of the Volunteering Development team, delivering and advising on inspiring and effective central communications to our 18,000 volunteers. As we expand our support for volunteers and volunteering, the importance of keeping up to date and relevant information flowing between and across Ramblers GB is vital.
Ramblers volunteers are dispersed geographically and aligned to the Areas and Groups who oversee and deliver our walking offer as well as being attached to specific projects related to our campaigning and policy work. Respecting the history that comes with many decades of volunteers delivering activities and services in their community is a given. At the same time though, the organisation is growing and expanding with new structures, roles and schemes. Whether it’s working with new partners, attracting diverse volunteers or transitioning roles to make sure they remain relevant, effective communications and change management will make sure that the Ramblers can continue to deliver now and in future.
This role is part of the Operations and Volunteering Directorate.
This is an exciting time to join the Ramblers team and a great opportunity to make a lasting and tangible impact on the future success of the charity.
- Up to date skills and experience of using a range of different media to communicate with volunteers as well as being an effective communicator
- Ability to write accurate and engaging communications for a volunteer audience
- The post holder needs to have an understanding of the nature of the volunteer relationship and how communications can play a key role in developing and enhancing the relationship.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, keeping to budget/timelines
- Collaborative working, with staff and volunteers
- Good attention to detail
- Outstanding written communication skills, including spelling and grammar
- Ability to develop and write engaging volunteer propositions and marketing
- Detailed knowledge of how to effectively employ a range of different communications media and software packages to support communications.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
The Cherie Blair Foundation for Women (CBFW) is offering the chance for an energetic, dedicated individual to join our forward thinking and dynamic team. CBFW helps release the potential of women entrepreneurs, so they can redefine the future. We deliver training, facilitate mentoring and share knowledge, inspired by the women involved in our work around the world – and by our partners, donors and collaborators.
An exciting opportunity has opened up to lead the development and delivery of a new multi-channel communications strategy and work-plan for the Foundation, in order that we can achieve our organisational strategic and annual priorities.
You will work proactively with colleagues in the Programmes and Partnerships (fundraising) departments to build and deliver targeted, results orientated and quality communications, including for a new fundraising campaign launching in early 2020.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Work closely with the Director of External Affairs (and CEO on an interim basis) in the development of an overall communications strategy and annual communications plans, including: content creation, reports, blogs, digital and social media, website updates, media/press and fundraising/donor comms.
- Manage the evolution and delivery of the Foundation’s identity and brand: working closely with the Director of External Affairs Affairs to support the management of a new messaging framework and visual identity, supporting staff to uphold guidelines to protect the Foundation’s brand.
- To oversee the development and delivery of communications in relation to the Foundation’s new major fundraising appeal, which will launch in early 2020.
- Responsible for writing, editing and production (in-house or with external design support) of a range of communications materials, for example: annual reports, research reports, campaign materials, donor communications, leaflets, newsletters, blogs and other campaign collateral.
- Managing the Foundation’s social media channels, developing and sharing engaging content about our global programmes and sharing the stories of women entrepreneurs as case studies.
- Managing the organisation’s website, updating and uploading new content. Working with an external developer for maintenance and exploring potential website rebuild in 2020.
Please note, the CBFW is committed to creating a diverse team and encourages applicants from a range of backgrounds to apply for this role. We consider applications without regard to race, age, sexuality, belief or disability.
For more information, please download the attached job description.
The closing date for this role is close of business on 27th September and we will interview in our London office on 7th October 2019. Expenses for travel will not be covered. If you have not heard from us by the end of 1st October, please assume you have been unsuccessful
When applying, please email your CV and a covering letter, indicating your available start date.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
I am working with a well-known Social Enterprise Not-For-Profit organisation who are looking to recruit a Communications Manager to join their friendly, sociable and hard-working team on an interim basis for a period of 6 months. They do intend to recruit to a permanent version of this role, which the successful candidate will be welcome to apply to.
This is a key role which manages all aspects of the organisation's communications and press work, driving the engagement. Here you will lead on developing and delivering integrated and inspiring communications, raising brand awareness and managing the organisation's reputation through improving stakeholder and audience engagement, including internal communications.
- Lead on developing and delivery of the organisation's communications strategy and plans - consulting with relevant stakeholders and colleagues to decide focus, priorities and key messages
- Provide high-quality and effective communications to the organisation's multiple stakeholders, helping to build support for their community & commercial activities
- Work alongside the Marketing Manager, creating engaging content for a variety of channels
- Drive press relations, including press releases and drafting lines to take, developing relationships with relevant editorial teams, journalists and influencers
- Lead on developing & updating their digital channels, including the website, social media and e-newsletters
- Regularly engage with stakeholders face-to-face by attending meetings, participating in outreach activities and representing the organisation at events
This role is ideal for those of you who are fully engaged with the organisation's goals, purpose and values as well as someone who has a proven track record of creating and delivering successful communications and public relations campaigns, with demonstrable copy-writing experience, including website and social media. If you have a proven track record of successful stakeholder engagement as well as a keen interest in local community, then we would like to hear from you.
Please e-mail your CV to [email protected] quoting the reference number - Ref: J71882AM - in the subject line.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Closing Date: ASAP
A rare opportunity for a communications professional to deploy a wide range of skills in response to the climate crisis. Can you make the difference in inspiring Winchester District to lead the way to zero carbon?
Winchester Action on Climate Change (WinACC) is a thriving and influential charity working with local communities, businesses and policy-makers to tackle climate change at a local level. Our aim is for Winchester to become one of the first ‘net-zero carbon’ districts in the country.
We are looking for a skilled communicator to join our small team based at the University of Winchester. You’ll be helping us engage a wider audience and promote our work to accelerate reduction in the District’s carbon footprint.
Ideally you have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in communications, with a strong grasp of communications strategy and the needs of different audiences especially on digital platforms.
We seek an enthusiastic and creative individual who is a self-starter and able to plan and execute initiatives with minimal supervision. It will be an advantage, but not essential, if you live in Winchester District and have empathy for climate change issues.
Candidates must have excellent copywriting, proofing and editing skills and knowledge of what makes successful content.
Roles and responsibilities
The role will report directly to the board of Trustees. Responsibilities include:
- develop and implement WinACC’s communications strategy to increase the visibility of the charity, engage supporters and partners around climate action, and reach new audiences
- manage the production of a wide range of communications materials and lead on development of WinACC branding
- manage the WordPress website and social media platforms
- provide strategic comms, digital engagement and marketing advice
- develop compelling strategies to promote and deliver our projects, campaigns and fundraising
- co-ordinate the supporter newsletter
- promote and organise public and member events
- develop effective internal communications processes
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Vacancy for: Communications and Marketing Manager at the British Cardiovascular Society
Salary: £38,798k per annum
Job Type: Full time – 12 month fixed term contract
The British Cardiovascular Society (BCS) is a membership organisation with approximately 3,000 members, has charitable status and aims to support and represent all those working in the field of cardiovascular care and research.
The BCS plays a pivotal role in the setting of standards, and through a variety of activities influences the quality of cardiology practice in hospitals throughout the UK. It has a broad education portfolio, contributes to specialist training (and examinations) and is committed to enhancing and maintaining the highest standards in training, education and research and to setting standards of clinical excellence for the benefit of patients.
We have a vacancy for a Communications and Marketing Manager who will join the Senior Management Team based at our offices in London. The post is offered on a 12 month fixed term contract arrangement given the broader digital work-stream developments which will allow the society the flexibility to review future requirements beyond 2020.
The post holder will provide leadership and undertake responsibility for all aspects of the BCS communication and marketing function. This includes strategy development and delivery to support existing and new work streams and business priorities ensuring optimal impact and that plans are comprehensive and cohesive across the BCS activities.
Reporting to the CEO, the Communications and Marketing Manager will work very closely with senior managers in support of their respective areas of responsibility (digital, education, membership and clinical research) to ensure communication and marketing plans and activities meet business needs and priorities and have maximum impact. They will lead on the development and delivery of a communication and marketing strategy, strategic planning documents and will report to relevant committees. They will support the President’s regular communications to members and will be the lead for GDPR compliance across the organisation.
The post holder will have experience of working in a similar role and will have experience delivering successful communications and stakeholder relation strategies, projects and activities. They will be a self-starter with excellent communication skills, drive and enthusiasm and a ‘can-do’ attitude.
For more information about the role and our benefits, please see the role description and person specification.
Closing date: Monday 30th September 2019 – 12 noon
To apply for this role please submit your CV and Supporting Statement outlining how your skills and experience match the job description and person specification. Please note, CVs sent in isolation will not be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Position: Communications Manager
Location: Hertford, Hertfordshire
Job type: Full Time, Permanent (Flexible working considered)
Hours: 37 hours per week (part-time working and job share considered)
Salary: £45,241 to £50,837 Grade 11 (inclusive of local weighting)
Benefits: A variety of flexible working options available, including part-time working, job share, compressed hours and home working. Flexi-time scheme. Local Government pension scheme. Generous annual leave. A range of discounts including high street retailers and local leisure centres. Professional environment where your career path really matters, and your development is supported by the organisation.
Closing date is: 22nd September at midnight
About the role:
An opportunity for an experienced communications professional has become available to work at Hertford as part of the Communications, Strategy and Policy Service. This is an exciting time for you to join us and develop your career as the Council looks to deliver a new set of priorities following elections in May 2019.
This motivated and highly professional service is looking for an individual committed to excellence in their work and with a passion for communicating and engaging with a wide range of audiences. If successful you will be responsible for managing all forms of communication and engagement with residents, partners, media and council staff.
- Developing and strengthening the East Herts Council brand with residents, partners and the media
- Communicating good news stories to different audiences via different platforms
- Understanding and advising the Council’s political and managerial leadership on emerging communications and press issues
- Managing all forms of corporate communication and engagement (including the website, intranet, facebook, twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn accounts)
- Managing the communications team
This role will suit a focused, enthusiastic manager who enjoys a challenge and is capable of understanding and articulating complex issues to different audiences including elected representatives, residents and staff. You will have a proven track of record of delivering communications campaigns and understanding of how to engage with different audiences.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree in communications / media / journalism / marketing or significant equivalent experience
- Political awareness and have experience of working with elected representatives
- A track record of delivering proactive media campaigns
- A creative and innovative approach to challenges
East Herts is consistently rated as amongst the best areas in the country to live, with excellent schools and healthcare, a huge array of green space, beautiful waterways, unique market towns and picturesque villages. We also enjoy high levels of employment and a diverse local economy.
Whatever their role, everyone contributes to delivering great services to our local community. Our vision is to preserve the unique character of East Herts and ensure it remains one of the best places to live and work. To accomplish this, our focus is to improve the health and wellbeing of our communities, enhance the quality of people's lives and enable a flourishing local economy.
Our team is at the very heart of our council – we recognise that together with our elected members, we make the difference to our local communities. We are dedicated to staff development and individual success within a team framework. To help our staff deliver, we provide a supportive work environment, development opportunities and work to help everyone achieve their potential, whilst enjoying a positive work-life balance.
As part of our Green Travel agenda we actively encourage employees to explore more economical and eco-friendly means of travel to work, e.g. public transport, cycle, walk or car share, and support this through a number of initiatives such as Liftshare.
EHC is an equal opportunity employer committed to embracing a diverse and inclusive work environment. We aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital / parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
You may have experience of the following: Communications Manager, Marketing Communications Manager, Marketing Manager, Senior Communications Executive, Marcoms, Digital Communications, Press Office, Corporate Affairs, Press Officer, PR, Public Relations, etc.
You will be a results-oriented self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a wider global team. The successful candidate will lead, develop and implement integrated multi-channel global communications strategies and plans, in line with strategic plans and the needs of our target audiences.
Required skills and experience:
* Strong experience of developing multi-channel communications plans;
* Strong PR experience and demonstrable knowledge of international media, including business, investor, trade and environment media;
* Experience in the fields of financial markets and/or investor relations;
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and nurture relationships both internally and externally, including complex multi-stakeholder relationships;
* Strong analytical mind with the ability to turn complex information into compelling stories and content;
* Strong copy-writing and editing skills;
* Extensive experience in promoting content on a wide range of digital and traditional platforms;
* An understanding of or interest in financial markets and the ability to process complex information;
* Excellent team skills and the flexibility to work across the business and with global offices;
* Excellent time management skills and an ability to meet deadlines under pressure and manage multiple project and stakeholder demands simultaneously;
Salary and benefits: £34,000 - £40,000 per annum, annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance), 30 days' holiday, generous non-contributory pension provision, life assurance and others.
To apply please email your CV to [email protected] for more information.
The firm deadline is 8am on Monday 7 October, but please get in touch now, to avoid disappointment.
Marketing and Communications Manager (Contract)
Hyde Park, London
Created in March 2017, The Royal Parks is a charity that supports and manages 5,000 acres of historic parkland across London. Millions of Londoners and tourists visit our beautiful sites, which offer unparalleled opportunities for enjoyment, exploration and healthy living in the heart of the capital.
We look after eight of London’s largest open spaces; Hyde Park, The Green, Richmond, Greenwich, St James’s, Bushy and The Regent’s Parks, and Kensington Gardens. We also manage other important open spaces in the capital including Brompton Cemetery, Victoria Tower Gardens, Canning Green and Poet’s Corner.
We are now looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager to join us on a contract until December 2020.
- Salary of £35,234 - £40,000 per annum
- Pension scheme
- 26 days' holiday per annum plus public holidays
- Take on an engaging contract with a supportive, innovative and flexible employer
If you have experience of leading marcoms campaigns, events and activities, this is a brilliant opportunity to support the ongoing growth and success of a forward-thinking charity.
It's an incredible time to be joining us as we embark on a programme to reposition our organisation, encourage support from the people who visit our parks daily and advocate for these amazing areas. The Royal Parks are stunning, inspiring spaces in the urban sprawl, providing green breaks and places where Londoners can appreciate nature like nowhere else.
So, if you want to help shape the voice of the organisation that protects, conserves and maintains some of London’s most iconic spaces, we’d love to hear from you.
As the Marketing and Communications Manager, you will develop and deliver strategic and multi-channel marketing campaigns to support fundraising, learning, volunteering and specific projects.
Around 50% of your role will focus on overseeing marketing activities for the award-winning Royal Parks Half Marathon, the second largest race of its kind in the UK.
This will include driving the overall marketing strategy, liaising with partners, agencies and providers and acting as brand guardian for the event.
Your role will also involve:
- Managing, leading and developing the Challenge Events and Marketing Officer
- Ensuring alignment with The Royal Parks’ brand guidelines
- Overseeing marketing activities for our learning programmes, including branding, e-comms, media and advertising
- Ensuring consistency in tone of voice, donor proposition and key messaging in fundraising-related activities
- Supporting our expanding portfolio of challenge events
To join us as a Marketing and Communications Manager, you will need:
- A strong record of achieving ROI as a direct result of leading marcoms campaigns, events and activities, particularly in relation to mass participation events and charity activities
- Experience of developing marketing plans for fundraising, learning and/ or wider engagement programmes
- Line management experience and the ability to work collaboratively with others across departments
- The ability to manage agencies effectively to deliver marketing communications and PR activities
- A degree level qualification in a relevant subject, such as marketing, communications or business development, or equivalent experience
Other organisations may call this role Communications Manager, Marketing Manager, Marcoms Manager, Marketing Communications Manager, Charity Marketing Manager, Fundraising Marketing Manager, Marketing Campaigns Manager or Marketing and Events Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 26th September 2019.
No agencies please - speculative applications from agencies will not be considered.
Webrecruit and The Royal Parks are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Marketing and Communications Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Skilled across all areas of communications, you know how to use different communications approaches to deliver these objectives whether this is working with grass-roots campaigners, high-profile individuals or global brands. You thrive in a fast paced and entrepreneurial environment working alongside global experts in their fields, and have a passion for improving mental health, especially for the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people.
The purpose of this role will be to lead the communications function of United for Global Mental Health, which will work across the organisation’s core communications work (50% of your time), and leading the communications for the Speak Your Mind campaign a nationally driven, globally united campaign we facilitate (50% of your time).
Note: you must have the legal right to work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
This fantastic international social welfare charity are looking for a communications professional to come and join their team. Within this role you can look forward to line manage 1 member of staff and working closely with the Director of Development to develop and implement the marketing and comms strategy for the charity. You will play a key role in the awareness raising of the charity, and ensure that all communications channels are optimised and ultised to achieve this. You will oversee the Digital Communications channels, the publications and marketing materials and the overall brand management for the charity.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an experienced marketing/communications professional
- Have a strong writing ability
- Have experience in digital communications channels
- Have experience in the development and implementation of marketing and communications strategies
Job Title: Communications Manager
Hours: Full time, flexible working week possible
Salary: £33,000-£36,000 + benefits
We are working in partnership with an international welfare charity in London who are seeking a Communications Manager. This role will help develop a creative communications strategy and lead the team in effective delivery, to support the charity’s growth and business development.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- At least 3 years’ experience of leading PR/Marketing campaigns
- Experience of brand management
- Ability to deliver innovative and strategic productions
- An advanced understanding of digital communications and excellent IT skills
The post holder will be a strategic, pro-active individual who has outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and excellent attention to detail. You will be achievement orientated and show creativity, adaptability as well as good leadership skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person. To apply please submit your CV and supporting statement quoting our reference JO1697.
For any further information, please contact Adam Stacey at Charisma Charity Recruitment.
Closing date for applications: 3 October 2019, but please apply without delay to avoid disappointment
1st Interview date: 17/18 October 2019
Are you a strategic Communications Manager looking for your next career move?
Prospectus is delighted to be working with an international welfare charity supporting men and women who work at sea. The organisation supports seafarers with any number of problems ranging from money concerns, to mental health and loneliness. Line managing the Digital Communications Officer, the overall purpose of this role is to formulate the marketing and communications strategy supporting the overall growth and development of the organisation. You will ensure the marketing needs of the organisation are met at the highest of standard, whilst promoting the mission of the charity and the services they provide.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the post-holder will develop and implement the marketing and communications strategy both internally and externally to reach identified key stakeholder audiences, developing key relationships with relevant news and media outlets as well as supplying briefs, photo calls and interviews including features and contributions. You will be responsible for the website such as editing content and sourcing stories alongside maintaining brand and key messaging with the brand guidelines. You will play a pivotal role supporting the Digital Communications Officer who is responsible for managing social media. With overall responsibility of publications and marketing materials, the successful candidate will liaise with external agencies, write marketing materials as well as sourcing relevant material for liaising with an external agency on the production of supporter and corporate newsletters and e-newsletters.
To be considered for this role it is essential to have proven experience within a communications and marketing role with experience of setting up and maintaining websites, blogs and social media. The placed candidate will have exceptional written and verbal communications skills and have experience of Adobe Creative Cloud, Photoshop and InDesign . Line management skills are required for this role and you must be able to produce analytical reports. An interest in maritime is desirable and ideally you will work well both independently and as part of a team.
A full job description will be provided to candidates shortlisted by Prospectus.
Please apply with a Word Document copy of your CV. Cover letters are not required at this stage.