Content and communications officer jobs near Cambridge
What’s my CV Worth?
How much could you earn in the charity sector? Use our CV checker to find out.Check Now
Soroptimist International is global membership organisation striving everyday to improve the lives of women and girls. Recently celebrating its' 100th birthday the organisation continues to be a global voice for women and girls, working from grassroots projects right up to advocating at seven United Nations Centres where we have permanent representation. Being our Communications Manager is an exciting opportunity, in a nutshell we will want you to show and communicate our work in the best way possible! We want to reach as many of our 70,000 members and the global public as we possibly can, and exert our respected influence to bring about positive change for women and girls. We have incredible stories to tell, but we need you to you to help us show them at their best!
You will work closely with our Global Executive Director, the International President and support our global committees. With your professional skills and experience we want you to help us grow our new Soroptimist International Foundation and appeals, and to build our audience who keenly follow our global policy and impact work. Next year we have an exciting international convention being held in Dublin. During the next 11 months you will play a major role promoting the convention and then in July we will need you to be there reporting on this three day event where we will have keynote speakers, plenary sessions, workshops and socials! To learn more about us and our work please visit our website and social media, we are really looking forward to hearing from you.
Please send us an up to date CV and an accompanying letter which lets us learn about you and why you would be a good fit with Soroptimist International. Please note the closing date and time of 31 August 2022 at 17:30 BST. Please visit our website and social media to learn more about us, our work and the world we want for women and girls.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
This role sits within the Supporters and Families team, which forms one of several specialist teams in the wider Communications & Engagement Department and focusses on telling the stories of those impacted by dementia. The wider department is responsible for bringing the work of Alzheimer’s Research UK to life and rallying people to our cause, sharpening our messages and shaping what the public thinks and feels about dementia.
The successful candidate will work in collaboration with other teams within the organisation to share the stories of those living with or touched by dementia to inspire, educate and stop people in their tracks. They will need to have an understanding of how stories can be used effectively across different channels, including PR, in order to reach a variety of audiences and maximise the potential of their storytelling to inspire action.
This is a fast-paced and multidisciplinary department and therefore this role requires a level of versatility, creativity and an aptitude for thinking outside of the box. It is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to develop their skills within a rapidly growing and agile medical research charity.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Develop innovative ideas and new concepts for creative storytelling around personal stories of supporters and families, driving conversations and optimising approaches that work.
- Work collaboratively to produce engaging and high quality written, visual and video content for use across a variety of media platforms including print, web and social media.
- Prepare, write, issue and “sell in” press releases bringing Alzheimer’s Research UK’s supporters and charitable work to the forefront in national and regional press.
- Secure compelling feature stories in key national media titles.
- Develop effective working relationships with relevant members of the media; respond promptly to queries, including occasional out-of-hours queries.
- Work collaboratively with the social media team to develop creating and compelling ways to tell personal stories of dementia.
- Support major brand campaigns and appeals with powerful supporter stories.
- Work with colleagues in the Supporter-Led Fundraising directorate to support ongoing fundraising campaigns and partnership activities with compelling content across multiple platforms including social media, web, e-newsletters and print.
- Support other teams across the charity by providing powerful human stories for their activities to engage people with the importance of our work and add value to existing workstreams.
- Help manage the charity’s Media & Communications Volunteer database to build and maintain relationships with supporters and their families.
- Identify and recruit potential new Media & Communications Volunteers from a range of sources, with a focus on increasing the range of stories we tell in line with our Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) strategic priority.
- Identify and brief Media & Communications Volunteers to speak at events organised by teams across the charity.
- Monitor relevant media coverage; keep up-to-date with social, scientific and charitable sector issues which could benefit Alzheimer’s Research UK.
What we are looking for:
- Experience of working with the media at a national and regional level.
- Experience of dealing with consumer media.
- Experience of producing content that works across digital platforms and social media.
- Ability to write compelling copy to deliver results across a variety of media channels.
- Sensitivity to working with spokespeople who may be vulnerable and the need to represent both their best interests and those of Alzheimer’s Research UK.
- Excellent journalistic skills and news sense.
- Excellent organisational skills; the ability to manage a large number of tasks to multiple deadlines.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with people affected by dementia.
- Confidence working with computers; knowledge of Microsoft office packages and databases, good keyboard skills.
- A confident and friendly manner; would feel at ease representing the charity to a range of audiences and working in collaboration with teams across the organisation.
- Working with independence, intelligence, drive and initiative.
- Willingness and ability to travel independently in the UK and to work outside of regular office hours when needed.
Ways of working: As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £28,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more information.
The closing date for applications is the 29th August 2022, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 5th September 2022. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either the application or interview stage, please contact us via the channels on our website.
How to apply:
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
About Alzheimer’s Research UK:
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
You will be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an outstanding place to work. In 2021, we were listed 69th in the prestigious 100 Large Best Companies to Work For. We were also awarded a 2-star accreditation by Best Companies, recognising outstanding levels of workplace engagement and were listed in the 75 Best Companies to Work for in the East of England and the Charity’s 30 Best Companies to Work For.
To view further details about working for us and the benefits we offer, please visit Alzheimer’s Research UK
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Title: Information and Support Content Manager
Salary: £39,034 - £44,000 per annum
Hours: 35 hrs per week
Contract: 12 months fixed term maternity cover
Based: Homebased / Office based in London or South Wales
Closing date: 17th August 2022
Interview date: w/c 22nd August 2022
The Information and Support Content Manager is a key senior role within the information and Support (I&S) team.
The postholder is responsible for overseeing the strategic development of evidence based, user-focused content for people living with a terminal illness, their families and friends, and people who have been bereaved. The role plays a key part in increasing the charity's ambition to support everybody to have the best possible end of life experience.
You will lead a talented team of Editors who work within established and accredited best practice standards. The team have had recognition from various organisations, including the British Medical Association, in recent years for the high quality of their work, and our resources are used by more than 1m people each year.
What we are looking for:
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workloads and effectively manage conflicting priorities and tight deadlines across own work and that of the team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Understanding of print and digital publication and content creation processes, from concept to completion
- Training or experience in best practice of information production (e.g. PIF, Plain English)
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to lead a team
What's in it for you:
- Continued access to NHS Pension Scheme (subject to eligibility)
- Marie Curie Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Loan schemes for bikes; computers and satellite navigation systems
- Continuous development
- Industry leading training programmes
- Employee Assistance programme
- Flexible Working
For more information or an informal chat please contact Matthew Williams [email protected]
Marie Curie is committed to its values, which underpin our work. We take stringent steps to ensure that the people who join our organisation through employment or volunteering, are suitable for their roles and are committed to safeguarding all our people from harm. This includes our staff, volunteers and all those who use or come into contact with our services. We are dedicated to creating not just a safe place to work but also a supportive and rewarding one.
We are committed to a world where everyone can thrive and fulfil their potential. We are devoted to the social justice imperatives and organisational benefits of full diversity, inclusion and equity in the workplace, and are a Stonewall champion. We actively encourage and welcome applications from candidates of diverse cultures, perspectives and lived experiences.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early. Agencies need not apply.
This is a home-based role within the UK, so we are only able to consider applicants who are eligible to work in the UK.
Be part of a small, but dynamic organisation that makes headlines in January and throughout the year!
Veganuary is a non-profit organisation that encourages people worldwide to try a vegan lifestyle for January and beyond. Veganuary’s popular culture appeal, alongside their positive and accessible approach to veganism, is making a measurable difference for animals, sparing millions of lives since our launch in 2014. We proactively support people and businesses alike to achieve this.
With preparations for the 2023 Veganuary campaign well underway, it is indeed an exciting time to join our international team of talented, valued and committed staff who enjoy their ability to collaboratively contribute to this amazing cause.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and high-energy content creator with an expertise in short-form video creation (TikTok & Instagram Reels), to join our team for the Veganuary 2023 campaign. We are seeking someone who is full of ideas and has a real passion for Tiktok and Instagram, and can help to create exciting, high-performing content for our digital channels during our busy campaign months.
- Create and schedule content across multiple social channels but with a strong focus on Instagram and TikTok to help drive channel growth, reach and Veganuary 2023 signups
- Quickly jump on Tiktok and Instagram trends
- Gain a sound understanding of our target audience and the type of content that will capture their attention and imagination
- Write engaging copy for our social media posts
- Stay up to date with current technologies and trends in social media and SEO
- Come up with new ideas for exciting and engaging content
- Help monitor, moderate and manage our social media channels
- Communicate with our followers and help with the continued growth of our online community
- Proven experience in creating highly-engaging short-form video content for TikTok and Instagram that achieves a wide reach
- Good eye for detail and strong design aesthetic
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Design skills and experience in creating high-quality and engaging content
- Knowledge of online content marketing (growing channels, metrics, scheduling posts etc.)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excel in a high-pressure environment and able to action things quickly
- Proficient with Microsoft 365
- You love working from home within a remote, collaborative team
- You share Veganuary’s vision and values (below)
Our vision is simple; we want a vegan world. A world without animal farms and slaughterhouses. A world where food production does not decimate forests, pollute rivers and oceans, exacerbate climate change, and drive wild animal populations to extinction.
- Impact: we are committed to a vegan world; we will utilise research to evaluate how the highest number of lives can be spared and direct resources to that end.
- Empowerment: we will optimise our outreach to support and encourage people on their vegan journey in a non-judgemental, positive, constructive and easily accessible way.
- Collaboration: by partnering with other mission-driven organisations and working closely with corporates, we will make a bigger difference.
- Diversity and inclusion: we know that it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests and backgrounds to achieve our vision; we appreciate the value of this and how it brings us closer to achieving our mission.
- Respect and integrity: in all internal and external relationships, we will strive for genuine, honest, and transparent communication.
- Resilience: we will continue to create a professional and sustainable (human, social, economic and environmental) organisation.
Veganuary is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to creating an inclusive work culture that reflects and celebrates our diverse world. We therefore welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of their ethnicity, sex, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership status, or age. We recognise our duty as an employer to foster an environment that embraces diversity and are constantly reviewing our practices to become even more inclusive as an organisation. We also recognise that certain groups in our industry are under-represented – we welcome applications from all who meet the role’s requirements and are making efforts to attract a diverse pool of candidates to combat the lack of representation.
Applications for this role are only being received via the CharityJob platform. Please click 'apply' where you will be required to submit your CV and a cover letter of no more than 1,000 words by Saturday 20th August, 2022, 23:59 UK TIME that answers the following questions:
· Why do you want to work for Veganuary?
· What will you bring to our organisation?
· When can you start?
· What is your salary expectation?
As an inclusive employer, reasonable adjustments can be made to allow any who require additional support to apply for this role. Please get in touch with us if you require such support.
Thank you for your interest in Veganuary!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
The purpose of the role is to support the creation, commissioning, editing and publishing of content across Barnardo's main website, blog and podcast in order to meet the charity's objectives.
- Write, commission and edit content for our website and blog to maintain a consistent tone of voice in all marketing communications.
- Develop the content on the main site via our web content management system (Drupal).
- Produce and edit content for our podcast.
- Identify opportunities for capitalising on high search traffic volumes by publishing timely and relevant contributions from Barnardo's.
- Maintain clear and consistent processes for briefing-in campaigns and managing workflow.
- Support the management of reputational risk on website, blog and podcast.
- Test and optimise online content to increase audience reach and engagement.
- Report on the effectiveness of content marketing campaigns at appropriate intervals.
- Work with our SEO agency to develop robust plans for optimising the content for search. Deliver the recommended changes applying critical thinking, best industry examples, and learnings from our data.
When completing your application please refer to your skills knowledge and experience in relation to the Person Specification, Job Description and Additional Information document (if applicable). This should be done with an understanding of the context of the service described.
Barnardo's offers a hybrid working model covered under our `Work from Anywhere' Framework, therefore vacancies advertised with this as an opportunity are open for applicants to either work from home or any location within the UK, including Barnardo's Hub/Office that is a reasonable distance from your home address.
Barnardo's believe in creating equality of opportunity in the workplace and supporting people to manage their work-life balance; we are therefore open to offering flexible working arrangements.
At Barnardo's we believe in children – no matter who they are, what they have done or what they have been through. Please read about our basis and values following the link below. You will be asked questions relating to them as part of the recruitment process for this role.
Barnardo's is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce for staff and volunteers. We actively encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within Barnardo's.
Our basis and values
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
The Biochemical Society is seeking a proactive Marketing and Communications Assistant to support the work of the marketing and communications team across the organisation. In this role, you will help to deliver balanced promotion of the Society and PPL’s resources and initiatives under the line management of the Marketing and Communications Manager
You will work closely with the Marketing and Communications Officer and with colleagues across all departments, including events, grants, publishing, education, and community engagement.
Suitable candidates will have a background in marketing or relevant applicable experience, with good copywriting and proofreading skills, an understanding of visual branding and design, strong organizational skills, and an excellent eye for detail.
Please note that this position is a 12 Month Fixed Term Contract. Though advertised as remote, there are options available for working within an office in London up to a few days per week, should that be preferred.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 12 August 2022
“Please note that interviews will be virtual”.
For more information, please visit our website.
Please send a CV and covering letter via the button below. It is important that you DO NOT include your Personal Information i.e. name and contact details in your CV or Cover Letter
This is because the Society is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies to support staff from different backgrounds.
The Society takes the security of your data seriously. It has internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused, or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
Please note that due to limited resources it is not possible for the Society to acknowledge receipt of applications. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United Kingdom. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.”
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Prospectus is delighted to be partnering with CISV International as they seek an experienced, enthusiastic and highly motivated Communications Officer to contribute to and help develop their communications and fundraising efforts, internationally and through CISV communities across the world. This role is offered as full-time hybrid or remote opportunity.
CISV International is a global organisation dedicated to educating and inspiring action for peace through building inter-cultural friendship, cooperation, and understanding. Founded in 1950, today CISV is a federation of nearly 70 National Associations with over 200 Chapters or local groups. Through their innovative, fun, non-formal 'learning by doing' programmes they help young participants develop to their full potential as future leaders and active citizens, to make a difference in their communities and the world. CISV International also give them the opportunity to build global friendships and networks that will last them a lifetime.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for personal and professional development while helping to strengthen and develop the communications and fundraising efforts of CISV. As Communications Officer, you will be responsible for helping to develop and implement a range of communications (largely online) initiatives for CISV's global internal and external audiences and in time supporting our fundraising efforts. You will contribute to the development and implementation of communications policy and strategy for CISV, including working with the Senior Management on internal communications and contributing to crisis communications. A key responsibility in the role will be to coordinate the Communication Team volunteers and support them in developing and delivering a robust and engaging social media strategy and comms schedule and ensuring the website is regularly updates, SEO is enhanced and performance is tracked across platforms. In this broad role you will be the brand guardian and work with external partners such as designers to articulate and support the development of excellent campaigns and materials. In time as the Fundraising team grows, you will be playing a key supportive role in writing content and information to support funding applications and reports for existing funders.
The successful candidate will be outgoing, highly motivated and creative with the ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently. With a stakeholder focus you will hold excellent organisational skills alongside a high attention to detail. With a track record of working in communications, marketing or campaigning you will thrive when writing and editing highly engaging materials for different audiences. You will have an understanding of the digital environment, Content Management Systems for example and although not essential, ideally some web analytics and SEO experience. Likewise, you will not need to have experience in fundraising but it is a helpful addition. Some travel may be required.
As a specialist Recruitment Practice, Prospectus is committed to building inclusive and diverse organisations, and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
In order to apply please submit your CV in the first instance. Should your experience be suitable, we will send you the full job description and will arrange for a call to brief you on the role.
Civitas Recruitment are proud to be partnering with a great charity that is positive about older age and committed to fighting loneliness so that people can have social lives and friendship groups however old they are. They work together to create better communities and help to enrich the lives of their members by giving them something to look forward to. An exciting opportunity exists for a part time Digital Communications Officer to join the charity. The postholder will plan, build and execute social media advertising campaigns to drive recruitment of guests and volunteers to their nationwide tea party groups and other services. They will also manage existing google ads campaigns and make recommendations for improving SEO on their website and making those changes under the guidance of the digital manager. Home based role, part time 2.5 days a week.
Who are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have experience managing social media advertising channels across Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter and of creating engaging content. You will have broad awareness of best practice and emerging trends in digital and social media, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage a varied workload and work to tight deadlines will also be key to this role.
If the above role description sounds of interest and you feel like you meet the criteria; please apply immediately or for further information, please contact Syed at Civitas Recruitment for a full JD and informal discussion. Early applications are encouraged as we will be reviewing on a rolling basis.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced communication professional with a talent for making complex ideas accessible to wider audiences and with a passion for virtual events and digital media.
We are looking for a candidate who is a strong organizer and multitasker with strong writing and editing skills, expertise in digital media and social media messaging and engagement, experience in virtual event organization and management, and a keen interest in and knowledge of sustainable development issues, including multilateral processes on economic governance that support the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Working with ELP’s programmatic teams to develop written and visual content that communicates complex policy ideas to broad audiences.
- Ensuring that social media accounts are relevant, timely, and engaging, along with being targeted to the needs and interests of key audiences. This includes developing specific content for social media, targeting key influencers online, and reporting on results on a regular basis.
- Serving as an event organizer and producer for virtual conferences, workshops, and training sessions, from their initial conception to their final execution and related outreach.
- Implementing strategic communications plans for a broad range of projects, reports, and events.
- Using analytics software to monitor, assess, and report on performance and advise on best practices.
- Ensuring brand coherence and compliance with existing IISD communications practices.
- Cultivating and managing relationships with journalists and influencers, with the aim of gaining attention and coverage for research and initiatives in key publications in target geographies.
- Conducting media monitoring on a regular basis for assigned areas of work.
- Tracking current events related to specific workstreams and communicating these to the relevant colleagues, identifying opportunities for further work and/or public engagement.
- Developing and pitching ideas for digital media outputs to team members.
- Maintaining and updating webpages using content management systems (i.e., Drupal, WordPress).
- Assisting in developing stories, infographics, animations, and other content as needed that make IISD's work accessible to expert and non-expert audiences.
- Working with digital images (retouching, resizing, etc.).
- Continuously discovering and sharing new industry best practices to maximize impact.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- 4–7 years of relevant professional experience in communications at a public policy-focused organization (think tank, non-governmental organization, government, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, public policy, finance, economics, or a related discipline.
- Demonstrated interest in issues related to sustainable development, especially economic issues.
- A high level of computer literacy: must be able to work in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and be familiar with virtual event software, such as Zoom and MS Teams. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications is an asset.
- Proven experience in managing virtual conferences and/or other event types is a strong asset.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, other languages are an asset.
- Experience and comfort working with online content management systems and website monitoring tools (especially WordPress, Drupal, Google Analytics).
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Self-starter, able to work independently as well as within a team.
Deadline for receiving applications: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the ideal candidate is identified.
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: Open until filled
Location: UK (remote)/ candidates in BST or CET locations may also be considered.
All submissions must be in English. Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available on request.
Candidates Must Hold Appropriate Work Authorization for the their country of residence.
Applications will only be accepted through Bamboo HR.
Please include the following:
- A CV (no longer than two pages)
- A cover letter (one page)
- IISD Voluntary Self-Identification Questionnaire link as below: (optional) or see the attached form
- All submissions must be in English.
IISD is committed to fostering a more equitable and sustainable world and welcomes candidates who uphold our values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
The National Deaf Children’s Society is the leading charity dedicated to creating a world without barriers for deaf children and young people.
Internal Communications Officer
London office or home-based (UK)
£29,551 - £34,526 per annum, pro rata (London office based / hybrid)
£26,994 - £31,965 per annum, pro rata (home-based)
21 – 28 hours per week, including Wednesdays and Thursdays
Fixed term contract – 12 months
Please note that recruitment information in BSL is available on our Careers site, see tab: Recruitment information in BSL.
Got a passion for telling a good story and able to create strong working relationships with teams throughout the country?
We’re looking for someone to work with our Head of Internal Communications and help with the daily ebb and flow of internal communications.
We’re going through an exciting and very busy period transforming the way we work to reach 100% of deaf children and their families who may need our help and services. Alongside this, the shift to more flexible and hybrid ways of working is changing the ways we’re all working and internal communications is vital if we’re to be successful.
No two days are the same. One day you could be working on writing and developing content for a wellbeing initiative, the next you’ll be producing and distributing our weekly staff update In the Loop.
You’ll work on internal events, engage on Workplace and keep a watching brief on our intranet to create interesting and engaging content. There will also be plenty of opportunity to get involved with our ED&I working group, wellbeing and a variety of other activities across the charity. As it’s internal communications, anything can pop up as you support our teams to share their work and stories.
If you have great writing skills and love the buzz of internal communications, then we’d love to hear from you. We’re starting to use agile methods so any experience you bring in this is a bonus.
To apply for this role, you will have to complete an online application and specify how you meet the person specification criteria, as outlined in the job description. To do this, we suggest that you download the job description from our website prior to starting your application.
Currently, the application process works best on desktop / laptop devices.
We welcome applications in BSL. If you would like to apply by BSL video, please contact us as soon as possible but at least five working days before the closing date so we can discuss the process with you.
The closing date for applications is on Monday, 15 August 2022 at 23:59.
We expect interviews to be held remotely during the week commencing 29 August.
We reserve the right to close the response cut-off date for the vacancy early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
The National Deaf Children’s Society is committed to increasing opportunities for people from under-represented groups. To achieve this, we are taking Positive Action, as is allowed of employers under the steps outlined in sections 158 and 159 of the Equality Act 2010.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, in particular those that are currently under-represented in our workforce. This includes, but is not limited to deaf and disabled people, Black, Asian, and other ethnic groups, especially within our management roles.
The National Deaf Children’s Society is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young adults and expects staff and volunteers to share that commitment.
A disclosure check will be sought in relation to the successful applicant for this post. This will be shared with Human Resources and may also be shared with the Safeguarding Manager and the relevant management team. All applicants must also complete a self-disclosure form.
We strive to provide an accessible recruitment process. If a disability or long-term condition makes it difficult for you to complete our application form, please contact us to discuss alternative formats. If you require reasonable adjustments for taking part in the interview, please indicate this in response to the corresponding question in the application form.
Additional information about the support we offer is on our jobs page.
We are a Disability Confident Employer and committed to offering interviews to candidates who request to be considered under the disability confident scheme and meet the minimum requirements of the person specification.
We are committed to flexible working in order that colleagues can effectively balance their work and family commitments.
As part of the recruitment process, candidates will be asked to declare and explain their gaps in employment. All our offers of employment are subject to pre-employment checks – these checks include but are not limited to references, right to work in the UK, disclosure (if applicable) and qualifications (if applicable).
The National Deaf Children’s Society is a registered charity in England and Wales (1016532) and in Scotland (SC040779).
Are you creative and strategic?
Can you combine compelling narrative with great design?
Are you self-directed and also a great team player?
Do you have a strong track record in marketing and communications?
About OneSpirit Interfaith Foundation:
Founded in London in 1996, the OneSpirit Interfaith Foundation is a UK educational charity offering training to open-hearted adults exploring interfaith ministry, spiritual leadership, sacred activism, ritual, spiritual counselling, and the world's many faith paths. We join in the awakening of an inclusive global spirituality, in ourselves and in the world, through educating and enabling adults to serve people of all faiths in our diverse communities.
Main purpose and responsibilities
You’ll be responsible for the development, implementation, and coordination of OneSpirit’s marketing & communications strategy to increase our reach. You’ll be promoting our training programmes and our professional register of ministers, and will be managing OneSpirit websites, social media presence, and advertising campaigns.
Scope of the job
We’re a small, fully home working, team who are passionate about working towards the awakening of an inclusive global spirituality, through educating and enabling adults to serve people of all faiths, and none.
OneSpirit Interfaith Foundation operates across the UK and Ireland. You will report to the Executive Director and will be working in close liaison with other staff and teaching faculty. This is a home-working post requiring a fast broadband connection and a space suitable to use as a home office. All staff are expected to provide their own IT equipment including a computer suitable for the demands of the role.
How to Apply:
For details on how to apply, please see the additional information document provided.
We are scheduling interviews as applications come in and will appoint as soon as we have identified a suitable candidate, so if you feel you are the right person for this role, please get in touch – we’d love to hear from you.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
We have an exceptional opportunity to lead and deliver on our communications and marketing strategy. The Social Tech Trust is at an exciting stage in its development. We have an impressive track record and we are scaling our impact by creating a new investment fund for early-stage ventures.
The successful candidate will build our brand profile to strengthen our position as a leading investor in social tech. They will be responsible for a range of marketing and communications activities and work closely with the team to engage our key audiences. The successful candidate will be able to amplify how we communicate our vision and strategy as we raise and launch our investment fund. They will develop a powerful narrative showcasing our track record and accessibly communicating our investment strategy.
Role: Permanent, full time. Flexible working offered.
Location:Home working. Meetings and events in London and around the UK, as required.
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000 plus benefits, including pension, life insurance cover, employee well-being programme and family friendly policies.
Closing Date: Monday, 22nd August
About Social Tech Trust
The cost-of-living crisis, global economic downturn and continuing pandemic are contributing to an uncertain environment where it is more important than ever that we find solutions to the challenges people face. Tech is not a panacea, but it is part of almost every solution. We are working to ensure that early-stage companies are able to do good with technology.
Social Tech Trust is at an exciting stage.Our vision is a world where social transformation is the driving force behind tech. We've already invested more than £30m in 300 socially motivated initiatives over the last decade. We’re now ready to scale our impact by creating a new investment fund for early-stage social tech ventures. Our fund is based on a flexible VC model that combines elements of revenue-based investment and venture capital to enable social tech ventures to build their sustainability and increase their impact.
- 12 years’ experience - investing £30m, supporting more than 300 social tech ventures and benefiting 30m+ people
- An impressive board of trustees with an ambitious strategy to take the Trust to the next level and a risk appetite to match the ambition
- A diverse and talented team with extensive experience of developing and delivering impactful programmes
- A fund model based on a flexible venture capital approach, to enable social tech ventures to build their sustainability and increase their impact
- A proven track record and strong alumni of social tech ventures and partners
Our commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion: Having worked with many organisations that champion equality, diversity and inclusion from a range of backgrounds and perspectives, we’re committed to the same principles in our own employment practices. We actively welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, socio economic background, sexual orientation or age.
Our approach to recruitment: We know that well qualified people often screen themselves out as they can’t tick all the boxes of the job description, or their imposter syndrome kicks in. No-one can do everything perfectly, so we are looking to build a team with complementary skills and the right attitude and values. So, if you are wavering, we encourage you to apply.
About this role
This is an exciting opportunity to lead and deliver our communications and marketing strategy across the Trust. Reporting to the Operations Director, they will be responsible for a wide variety of marketing and communications activities ranging from designing materials to reach out to investors to writing content for the website and social media. The successful candidate will be able to hold the communications and marketing functions ensuring they can spin multiple plates while maintaining high-quality outputs and attention to detail. They will be responsible for building our brand profile and they will work closely with our investment team to develop compelling marketing materials. They will be the Trust’s brand ambassador, ensuring the Trust’s vision is clearly articulated and engaging to our key stakeholders.
This role is suited to someone who balances strategic insight with the ability to roll their sleeves up and get things done. We're seeking someone who is entrepreneurial and inquisitive, proactively spotting trends and developing our brand so that it fully reflects our vision and the work we do. The post holder will have excellent writing skills and attention to detail, ensuring that our content is accurate, engaging and accessible. They will be able to bring their experience to the role, to work creatively and flexibly within a lean team.
- Develop and deliver a communications and marketing strategy to engage our key audiences including potential investors (with a focus on family offices, trusts and foundations and corporates)
- Build our brand profile to strengthen and communicate our position as a leading investor in social tech
- Build awareness of the opportunity to deliver and scale social impact through investing in social tech ventures, such as those in our portfolio
- Work with the investment team to develop a powerful narrative to communicate our investment strategy and prepare written and visual marketing materials
- Develop case studies of our investments to reflect our track record
- Raise awareness of the Trust and advocate for its vision through engaging with key stakeholders and targeted networks, including writing blogs, quarterly email newsletters, spotting PR opportunities and promoting the Trust’s work at events
- Create low-intensity ways to use storytelling to support our narrative, including creating and promoting regular blogs and events to engage potential investors and other key stakeholders
- Manage the Trust’s web presence and web-based applications
Are you the go-to person for translating complex concepts into clear and compelling content? Would you like the buzz of knowing you are helping to solve society’s trickiest problems through tech? Are you a brilliant storyteller who can help others make sense in an uncertain and ambiguous world?
- A track record of delivering a breadth of marketing and communications activities that have created traction and engagement with target audiences.
- A shared belief in Social Tech Trust’s vision of a world where social transformation is the driving force behind tech.
- Experience in creating low-intensity ways to use storytelling through all communications channels to articulate a vision.
- Experience of building a compelling organisational brand identity.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to ruthlessly prioritise.
- Strong ability to manage and measure our online presence.
- Action-oriented work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a small team.
You might also have
- Background in investment, entrepreneurship, tech or the social sector
- Experience in marketing new products / services
How to apply
To apply for the role, please send your CV and a cover letter or a short recording that answers the following question:
Describe a scenario where you have been instrumental in using marketing and communications to build a brand or influence your target market.
Finally, please ensure that you have included a contact telephone number.
If you think you could be a good fit for this role, we would love to hear from you. Even if you’re not sure you have the right experience, we invite you to contact us to arrange a discussion.
To apply, please send your CV and answers to the key question outlined above to Careers4Change.
Please respond to the question outlined in this job ad instead of supplying a Cover Letter
Title: Digital Communications Co-ordinator
Reporting Line: Projects & Communications Development Lead with dotted line to Events Manager
Based: Remotely – But able to travel if required to charity meetings and events
Requisite: Must hold a full clean driving license
Job Purpose: Responsible for digital communications for all Charity events, campaigns, projects & communications
Main duties and key responsibilities, but not limited to:
- Daily management of Charity social media channels, including content creation, sourcing, monitoring, and reporting
- General content creation and updates for Charity channels other than social media, such as website, newsletters, and virtual office. This includes written and visual content alike.
- Support the implementation of all comms and activities throughout the charity teams.
- Assist in the development of the charity communication plan and strategy.
- Researching the interests of different segments of our audience, identifying the most effective activity and our gaps and challenges, and making recommendations.
- Proactively researching content of virtual events to create copy.
- Using appropriate metrics to measure the success of digital campaigns, e.g., social media analytics, and reporting back to the team about how they have performed
- Work closely in collaboration with both the Events and Communications Teams to ensure all events, projects and campaigns are promoted efficiently to the target audience and that content is up to date.
- Prepare marketing communications promoting any event in conjunction with Events Manager, for all projects, campaigns, awareness weeks
- Support all charity teams to make the best use of online communication tools & design
- Posting news and snippets for patient services and any other charity team where required across social media, Health Unlocked and associated groups
- Maintain good working interdepartmental relationships, including sharing information and providing support
- Keep up to date with developments in e-communications, social and audio-visual media and website development and share knowledge across the charity
Skills and qualifications required:
Skills & Qualifications
Qualifications and experience
High standard of qualifications in English and mathematics to at least GCSE or equivalent level
At least three years’ experience in ‘Marketing & Comms’ or related area of work
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Ability to think creatively
High standards of proofing and reviewing publications
Ability to deal confidently with a range of people at all levels, including in person, by phone and email
Confident to negotiate, discuss and query in a positive and professional manner
Excellent administration and IT skills
Able to manage edits and amends to a CMS website
Experienced and competent in using Microsoft Office, including Outlook and Excel
Ability to multitask and work to and meet deadlines
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Budget awareness and good organisational skills in monitoring and keeping records related to budgets
Effective sharing and keeping Line Manager regularly updated (and if needed, senior management)
Friendly and able to talk confidently to a range of stakeholders
Ability to work under pressure and remain calm
Confident to use skills and informed judgement to take the initiative
Enthusiastic and motivated
Trustworthy and mindful of confidentiality
Smart, professional and confident to present to an audience on the work of the charity
Approachable and confident to ask when unsure
Be available to travel and work away (for short periods of time)
To hold a full, clean UK driving license
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
We are looking for a creative digital communications coordinator to support World Physiotherapy’s marketing and communications activities, as part of a small but busy team.
Working with staff members within World Physiotherapy, key people within our member organisations and other stakeholders, you will work across all our communications channels to share news and information about our activities and the impact of our work. You will help create and produce compelling video and graphics content across all our channels - website, social media - for our global audience.
World Physiotherapy is the sole international voice for physiotherapy, representing more than 685,000 physiotherapists through 125 member organisations.
The role is offered as an 12-month part time contract. It is home-based but you may be required to work, on occasion, from our office near London Bridge SE1.
Closing date for applications is 10:00 GMT on Tuesday 30 August 2022.
We reserve the right to close the advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held via videoconference on 13/14/15 September 2022.
Please send your CV (no more than three sides of A4) and a covering letter (no more than two sides of A4) explaining how you meet the person specification by 10:00 GMT on Tuesday 30 August 2022.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
What we do
All young people deserve a productive, fulfilling future. Society needs the spark and energy of young people to make it tick, yet somehow thousands of young people feel blocked by the complex, sometimes disheartening challenges the modern world throws at them.
Youth work is the best methodology to unlock young people’s potential by providing high quality support and opportunities. Skilled youth workers build relationships that support young people to explore their personal, social, and educational development. Youth work enables young people to develop their voice, influence, and place within society.
As the national body for youth work, NYA has a dual function. We are the professional, statutory, and regulatory body (PSRB) responsible for qualifications, quality standards and safeguarding for youth work and services in England. In line with our charity mission and aims, we also champion youth work through research, advocacy, campaigns, and programmes.
Communications and Engagement Manager Responsibilities:
We are looking for a self-motivated and talented Communications & Engagement Manager to lead our communications activities. In this position you will oversee producing high-quality content that engages customers and builds brand recognition. Our Communications & Engagement Manager will be responsible for developing youth sector communication strategies, identifying new audiences, and connecting the youth sector to the NYA’s wealth sector support and standards.
Our Communications & Engagement Manager will develop our online marketing and social media presence and have a flair for strategising and implementing marketing campaigns. The Communications & Engagement Manager is required to assist with the development of fresh initiatives in line with the charity’s goals.
The NYA has many stakeholders and audiences, and the Communications & Engagement Manager will ensure all of these groups are fully aware and engaged with our work and priorities.
Communications and Engagement Manager Requirements:
- Degree or Master’s (or experience equivalent to) in communications, marketing, journalism, public relations or relevant field. A minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role.
- Experience with creating a marketing campaign, marketing strategy and marketing plan.
- Experience with online marketing, including social media and content marketing.
- Understanding of public relations.
- Advanced communication skills with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience creating targeted content is advantageous.
- Strong knowledge of communication practices and techniques.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change, be able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Excellent organisational and leadership abilities.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please submit the following by 23:59 on August 14th 2022.
A detailed CV setting out your career history, with responsibilities and achievements in line with the person specification in the About You section.
A covering letter (maximum two sides) highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the person specification. Please note that the covering letter is an important part of the application and will be assessed as part of your full application.
Please provide details of two professional referees together with a brief statement of their relationship to you and over what period of time they have known you. Referees will not be contacted without your prior consent.
Diversity monitoring form - your data will be stored separately from your applications and will at no time be connected to you or your application.
Location: Remote Working
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full Time, 37 per week
Salary: £29,960 - £39,590 per annum, plus competitive benefits
You may have experience of the following: Communications Manager, Communications Coordinator, PR, Public Relations, Marketing Communications, Media Engagement, Media Relations, Marketing Manager, Communications Executive, Marcomms, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not for Profit, etc.
Ref: 134 803