435 Digital marketing and communications officer jobs
What’s my CV Worth?
How much could you earn in the charity sector? Use our CV checker to find out.Check Now
Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home is looking to recruit its first Digital Fundraising Lead – someone who loves new technology and innovation with the knack for engaging online communities for good causes.
This role will be responsible for growing the Home’s cryptocurrency philanthropy programme, its gaming and streaming activities, as well as leading on crowdfunding campaigns and raising funds through social media and other digital channels. The successful candidate will also play an advisory role on all things digital fundraising to the rest of their fundraising colleagues, sharing their expertise to grow all income streams for the Home.
This role sits within our fundraising and communications department, who help to generate over £2 million every year to run Edinburgh Dog and Cat Home. As our charity directly supports pets and their owners, many of our events are pet friendly and we work with office dogs, therefore you must be happy to work in an environment where you will occasionally be in direct contact with animals.
This role has been made possible by the generosity of our crypto partner Pawthereum, who have pledged to make a donation which will cover the first six months salary of this role. You can read more about Pawthereum and their mission to advance animal welfare through crypto philanthropy at Pawthereum websiite.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Your role will be exciting and varied. You have a passion for marketing and will be at the forefront of implementing the marketing strategy at both our Outdoor Centres. You understand the importance of young people learning outside the classroom and participating in sport; and will know how to build brand awareness of this and our services. Your primary goal will be to support the Sales & Marketing teams to meet earned income targets through innovative digital marketing to increase engagement, bookings, and enquiries. You’ll be leading on social campaigns, copywriting, and content creation; as well as organising events and supporting product development. You will be responsible for generating awareness of our work with schools, the local community, as well as our membership in London. You will need at least a year’s marketing experience or equivalent education e.g., a marketing degree, website editing management experience, preferably WordPress, experience in managing social media accounts (preferably to promote an organisation or business) and experience in creating copy and writing effective and engaging content for a range of audiences
ABOUT THE ROLE
In 2022 Generation is establishing and leading a high-profile project - the ‘Hub’ - to support Londoners from disadvantaged backgrounds and those worst affected by the pandemic into good, entry-level tech jobs, backed up by significant employer demand.
The Hub, unique in London, aims to change the system. It will bring an amazing coalition of sector leading organisations - Youth Employment UK, Prince’s Trust, Catch 22, Multiverse, QA, BDC, and more - to significantly boost awareness and uptake of life-changing opportunities, bootcamp and apprenticeships training, and careers in the tech sector with a focus on diverse and disadvantaged groups. The project also has the support of a number of leading tech companies (you know who they are!).
The Hub aims to operate at scale, reaching several thousand Londoners and hundreds of employers over the next 2 years.
The focus of the Hub's work will be a unique set of half day engagement events for unemployed Londoners to find out about careers in tech, training opportunities available for them across partners, hear from successful past beneficiaries, and interview for opportunities in pre-arranged matchmaking sessions. There will also be an always on hub webpage, engagement events for employers and a research workstream codifying best practices in the space.
The Hub Marketing And Events Manager, reporting to the Hub Director as part of a small team, will lead the Hub’s promotional and awareness building activity. They will lead end to end marketing and event planning to maximise engagement from the unemployed with Hub support.
It’s an exciting opportunity for someone who relishes the challenge of marketing and building an identity for and wide awareness around a new idea, online and at events, to ultimately drive social impact.
Generation is a charity in the UK with the mission to train, coach, and support people into life-changing careers that would otherwise be inaccessible.
Our work focuses on supporting people from diverse groups facing barriers to employment.Our innovative bootcamps train learners for roles in high demand including cloud computing, data engineering, software engineering, health and care, IT support, customer support, and data analytics. We also recently launched a new programme placing people into emerging roles tackling climate change in the retrofit.
By joining Generation UK&I now, you will become part of an organisation committed to social impact. The work is fast-paced, exciting, and innovative. The impact is clear.
To suceed you'll need to be:
- An entrepreneurial doer, excited to do things for the first time
- A planner who sees plans through
- A marketeer who can generate wide awareness
- An organised and self-motivated professional managing multiple workstreams at pace
- Passionate about the cause
You’ll need the following experience:
- Track record delivering multi-channel marketing campaigns with a ~>£5k budget
- Experience planning and hosting well-attended events
Working at Generation in the UK & I you’ll get:
- Purpose and social impact in the heart of your work
- Flexible working as per your role requirement
- Access to productive co- working space at WeWork with Generation UK & I and global team/s
- WFH set up support of £300
- Access to upto £1,000 towards your learning & development per year. And up to 5 days of training days/ study leave per year to support your development.
- Opportunity to shadow Generation global team/s & workings in other countries.
- 25 days annual leave
A FAIR CHANCE
Every role at Generation is open to applications from all sections of society. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other aspect that makes you, well, you.
You must have the right to work in the UK, and all staff members are required to pass a basic DBS check.
You can download a job description for more detail about the role and the organisation.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
As part of the Group Marketing function, we are now looking to recruit a Group Digital Marketing Executive to support the Senior Subscriptions Marketing Manager in developing and executing marketing plans with a specific remit around devising and executing email strategy that increases audience growth and revenue objectives across all The Big Issue product propositions.
The candidate will have a clear and demonstrable understanding of digital marketing strategies and tactics, with a minimum of one year's experience in a similar role. They will be highly analytical, using data to drive decisions that deliver effective digital campaigns. The candidate will have specific experience in planning and executing email campaigns including a thorough understanding of data segmentation and setting up multiple consumer journeys.
As we are a small team the candidate will also be expected to support on a variety of projects and must be able to prioritise a varied workload.
For a full job description including the summary of responsibilities, skills, qualities and experience required for the role, please download from the link below.
Salary and Benefits Include:
- Salary of up to £28,000 per annum
- Incremental holiday entitlement starting at 25 days per year plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time staff) plus paid leave to care for a sick child or grandchild and a sick or elderly relation
- Incremental sick pay starting at 5 days per rolling year
- Comprehensive flexible working policy open to all staff
- Enhanced contribution to our workplace pension
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Training and development opportunities including an open learning library and management training schemes
- Health benefits include life cover, a health Cashplan scheme which provides access to counselling and a range of therapies
Please note that we reserve the right to review and amend our staff benefits and they do not form part of any contract of employment.
This role will be based at our Finsbury Park office although you will need to travel within the UK on occasion. We also offer the option for flexible/home-working from day 1 of employment.
When you click on Apply you will be asked to complete a short application form and then to upload your CV and a covering letter detailing your interest and suitability for the role.
The Big Issue Group is striving towards Equal Opportunities
We particularly welcome applications from those who are underrepresented in our sector, such as women in senior roles, and people with disabilities and from Black and Minority Ethnic communities.
Since 1991, The Big Issue has fought poverty by creating opportunities and supporting people to take control of their lives. Over time our organisation has grown and now The Big Issue Group consists of The Big Issue Company Ltd and Big Issue Invest Ltd (our social investment arm).
The three Monteverdi ensembles – the Monteverdi Choir, English Baroque Soloists and Orchestre Révolutionnaire et Romantique – are a leading force on the international music scene. World-class musicians and singers from many nationalities come together to share in the distinctive vision of our founder and music director, Sir John Eliot Gardiner, in ground-breaking projects that span eight centuries of musical masterpieces.
The ensembles are in great demand worldwide and enjoy an ever-increasing global audience and supporter base. They regularly tour to prestigious venues and festivals around the world and have recorded extensively for several decades on major labels, as well as on their own award-winning label SDG, which alone boasts a back catalogue of over 50 titles available both physically and digitally.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will ensure impactful visibility of all planned activity for the MCO ensembles (live performances, recordings, broadcasting, streaming and all presence on any digital platforms), to promote the ensembles’ activity, stimulating stakeholders’ engagement and endorsement. This will require working organically across the concerts’ team, labels and production partners to maximise coordinated exposure.
The successful candidate will be an experienced and creative professional with a sound knowledge of the industry and a successful track record in a comparable role, marketing high-profile events involving different international partners, with strong demonstrable experience both with digital and off-line platforms. Most importantly, s/he will have the drive to proactively devise and deliver appropriate projects to the highest standards required by the profile of the ensembles.
Please visit our website for job description and details of how to apply.
CLOSING DATE: 10am Monday 7th February 2022 (e may contact candidates before the closing date)
INTERVIEWS: Week commencing Monday 14th February 2022
Communications & Events Officer
At the Jon Egging Trust (JET), we support vulnerable young people to get back on track and realise their potential. Working with schools, military units and corporate partners, we deliver STEM inspired programmes that develop young people’s work and life skills, raise their aspirations and help them to re-engage with education.
JET has supported more than 30,000 young people right across the UK to date, and there’s so much more we can do. As we emerge from the pandemic, young people have never needed our support and our confidence-building programmes more. It’s a fantastic time to join a team that’s deeply passionate about giving young people the best chances in life, and to help us in raising awareness and vital funds to reach as many young people as we can.
We are looking for an individual who’s got ideas and tenacity and ready to join a small communications team with big ambitions. It’s a new role with ample potential to grow. You’ll work with our Director of Communications and Events Marketing Manager to ensure that all our external communications and events are carried out to the highest possible standard and embody JET’s core values of teamwork, leadership, communication and resilience.
As our Communications and Events Officer, you will:
Research and write excellent quality news copy and press releases, contributing to in-house newsletters and publications.
Liaise with and answer questions from the media and other organisations.
Create and respond to social media activity, in liaison with colleagues.
Measure the impact of media and digital communications activity, producing reports as required.
Assist with logistical and administrative support of JET’s high-profile fundraising events.
Update and manage JET’s comms and events calendar, and database.
As the ideal candidate, you will have extremely strong copywriting skills and hold a degree in communications and/or marketing (or closely related field) and will be looking to further develop your communications and events-management portfolio. This role would ideally suit someone seeking their second role after graduation, but if you can convince us you’re the perfect candidate, then we will happily consider applicants who are new graduates, or those returning to the workforce, or even seeking a change of pace.
We’re an organisation that really values its people and we’re immensely proud that our team culture is based on caring and raising each other up.We thrive from working together and relish our regular brainstorming workshops; you’ll be encouraged to bring your ideas to the table and given lots of opportunities – and support - to express your creativity. You’ll fit right in if you’re driven by making a difference to vulnerable young people, content with working autonomously from home, and great at juggling priorities and getting stuck in!
Our benefits package include:
Enhanced annual leave
Occupational pension scheme
Occupational sickness scheme
Special paid leave provision
If you would like to apply, please follow the link to find our Candidate Information Pack and provide your up-to-date CV and a covering letter describing how your knowledge, skills, and experience make you an ideal candidate for this role. Please note CVs without a covering letter, as detailed above, will not be accepted.
Closing Date: 20th February 2022
Interviews: w/c 28th February
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity dedicated to diagnosis, prevention, treatment and cure. Backed by our passionate scientists and supporters, we’re challenging the way people think about dementia, bringing together the people and organisations who can speed up progress, and investing in research to make life-changing breakthroughs possible.
You will be part of an organisation that has been recognised nationally as an outstanding place to work. In 2021, we were listed 69th in the prestigious 100 Large Best Companies to Work For. We were also awarded a 2-star accreditation by Best Companies, recognising outstanding levels of workplace engagement and were listed in the 75 Best Companies to Work for in the East of England and the Charity’s 30 Best Companies to Work For.
You will be joining at a time of exciting growth and development within our Digital department. In this newly created role, you will support the Web and Digital Campaigns teams by providing key insights and recommendations from the analysis of our digital data. Reporting into our Website Manager, you will support teams across the organisation by ensuring that digital data is captured and presented back to them in a digestible and timely manner.
The Digital Analytics Officer will be responsible for establishing, reporting and analysing key performance indicators for digital activities and providing actionable insights and intervention plans to improve ROI. Focused on tracking and reporting on key website and user metrics, the role will play a crucial part in the optimisation of ARUK’s website and digital channels.
This role will work closely with the Website Manager and Digital Campaigns team, providing detailed analytics, reporting and recommendations to improve website and campaign design. Working closely with ARUK’s Data Dept, this role provides a link between our campaign and website data with our CRM and data warehouse.
Main duties and responsibilities of the role:
- Use various programmes, such as Google Analytics, to monitor and report on website user and performance data.
- Provide recommendations to the Web team on website and user journey improvements based on data insights, taking into account ARUK’s different supporter types.
- Support the Digital Campaigns team by analysing the digital effectiveness and conversion results of campaigns.
- Support the Digital Campaigns team by providing timely detailed reports for digital campaigns and assist with communicating results to other ARUK teams.
- Set up events, goals, and manage GTM to ensure KPIs are captured on the website.
- Build and maintain reporting dashboards in Google Analytics and Data Studio.
- Provide recommendations on future campaigns based on historic data insights.
- Provide ad-hoc support to the Website Manager and the team as required.
- Make content changes on ARUK’s website.
- Track work in Jira (and/or other systems) and provide timely updates to ARUK colleagues.
- Work closely with our partner Web Agency, taking a lead on data projects.
- Provide recommendations on suitable A/B tests.
- Work closely with ARUK’s Data team, ensuring alignment between our digital and data systems.
What we are looking for:
- Detailed knowledge of Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager.
- Experience in providing actionable data insights to a digital team.
- Strong Data Studio skills, with the ability to set up data sources and dashboards.
- Experience of A/B testing.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex topics in a clear and concise way.
- Strong MS Excel Skills.
- An understanding SEO best practise.
- Experience of using website user monitoring tools such as HotJar.
- High level of competence across social media platforms.
- High level of competence of CMS and workflow.
- Experience across social media platforms
- Organisation – managing multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Experience in digital marketing and/or communications
- Experience in providing actionable data insights to a digital team
- Extensive experience of website and portfolio management.
- Extensive experience of leading digital developments across multiple digital platforms and systems.
- A creative and innovative approach.
- An enthusiasm for demonstrating the potential of digital and web development.
- Ideas-driven, can-do attitude.
- Strong ethical standards and a high level of personal integrity.
Ways of working: As part of our Agile ways of working you will be required to work approximately 2 days a week from the office, which is subject to the requirements of the role and the business needs. Flexibility on where you work can be split between working from home and our office.
Roles that are classed as part of the Agile ways of working are not able to claim any costs for Mileage/Travel on Public Transport, Accommodation and/or Meals. This includes when attending the office for various meetings/events.
Our Office: Our office is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abingdon, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
Salary: Circa £28,000 per annum, plus benefits
Please download the Vacancy Pack for more information.
The closing date for applications is the 13th February 2022, with interviews likely to be held week commencing the 21st February 2022. We would encourage you to submit your application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time. Please indicate in your covering letter if you are unable to attend an interview on a certain date.
We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture where everyone is able to be themselves and reach their full potential. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either the application or interview stage, please contact us via the information on our website.
How to apply:
Please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies page. You will be able to attach your CV and covering letter to your application and track the status of your application.
*Please note, the actual job title for this role will be Website Analytics Officer.
To view further details about working for us and the benefits we offer, please visit Alzheimer’s Research UK
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
From Bernie Sanders to Greenpeace UK, progressive organisations are using digital mobilisation to activate hundreds of thousands of campaigners and raise millions of pounds online. Forward Action believes that a digital mobilisation model - where organisations use digital channels to drive hundreds of thousands of supporters to take advocacy, fundraising and volunteering actions - can revolutionize campaigning and fundraising in the NGO sector. We help progressive organisations build digital mobilisation programmes and, as a Digital Strategist, you will work with organisations to help them use a digital mobilisation model to drive real-world change.
You will be at the heart of our digital campaigns and fundraising work, managing projects and planning strategy to help our progressive clients hit their goals. If you’re passionate about making the world a better place, have a year or two’s experience in digital campaigning or fundraising and are well organised with good attention to detail, this job is for you.
This is a permanent role, with the freedom to work both in our London office and remotely anywhere in the UK (although during the pandemic, almost all of our team are working at home). You can work either four or five days per week.
We are committed to making sure Forward Action is an inclusive, diverse and anti-racist organisation. People from communities that experience discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity or immigration status; gender identity; age; people with disabilities; and LGBTQ+ people are actively and especially encouraged to apply.
Applications close on Thursday 3 February.
What you’ll do as part of our team
- Manage projects from conception through to build, with the support of a senior strategy lead. This will involve coordinating work from both our creative and development teams and keeping clients up to speed via email and video calls.
- Ensure all the projects you manage stay on deadline throughout
- Work with our senior strategy team to set project goals and overall strategic direction.
- Analyse data and test results and provide recommendations to clients
- Attend planning and project review meetings
- Take part in brainstorms to generate ideas to help clients hit their goals
Benefits and location
- Pro Rata Salary: £36,418 if you live inside London, £32,516 (plus £3,000 travel expense allowance) if you live outside London.
- Contract Term: This is a permanent contract. The role can be either full time or four days a week.
- Location: Primarily at home during the pandemic, with the opportunity to use our Hoxton office occasionally; post-pandemic, in our Hoxton office and/or working remotely. Ensuring our team is open to people who live outside London and enabling staff to work flexibly are important values to us, so everyone is able to work from home. Most of our meetings are held via video conferencing, but post-pandemic you may occasionally need to attend meetings with clients in London - once every two-to-three weeks on average.
- Holiday: 25 days/year (pro rata), plus bank holidays and the week between Christmas and New Year.
- Extra holiday for travelling sustainably: We’re a member of the Climate Perks scheme, so you’ll have an extra two days of holiday a year if you use them to travel by land or sea instead of taking a flight.
- Maternity and Paternity/Long-term partner parental leave: For a small organisation, we’re proud to have a generous and progressive parental leave policy. Maternity leave is 12 weeks at full pay, 14 weeks at 50% pay. Paternity/Long-term partner parental leave is 6 weeks at full pay.
- Period policy: We know that periods can have a big impact on people's wellbeing, and we're proud of our pioneering period policy to support people who menstruate. We encourage an open, positive and respectful conversation about periods in the workplace. Team members who menstruate can take one full day of leave each month where needed, without needing to tell their manager it’s because of their period. We have hot water bottles, tampons and pads, painkillers and chocolate available in the office.
- Working culture and hours: Our team is open, inclusive, friendly, respectful and kind.
- We work eight hour days (including a 30 minute lunch break), with core hours of 9:30am-4:30pm. We put a lot of importance on ensuring everyone finishes on time: while there are some times when you’ll need to stay a little later to finish work, people in the team rarely work more than 45-60 minutes late. No one ever works on weekends or their holidays.
Abilities and experience you’ll need to have
- 1.5+ years’ experience working in digital campaigning, fundraising or marketing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and juggling different priorities
- Excellent organisation and attention-to-detail
- Experience managing projects
- Enthusiasm for thinking creatively and coming up with new ideas
- Dedication to helping build a fairer, more progressive society
- Fluency in spoken and written English
We’re also looking for a quick learner. We don’t expect you to know or have done everything when you start - instead, we’ll be looking for you to pick up new skills and knowledge quickly, then run with them.
Abilities and experience that are nice to have
We know it’s not possible for any applicants to have all these skills - it’s likely you’ll be able to bring 3-4 of the following to our team:
- Experience planning supporter email journeys
- A solid understanding of online user experience (e.g. how to lay out a web page to improve conversion rates)
- Experience planning digital strategy to hit measurable goals
- Drafting and building emails, especially for fundraising
- Editing and providing feedback on written copy
- Drafting and setting up Facebook adverts
- Knowledge of how to plan a fair A/B experiment
- Experience working in the charity sector
- Experience working with designers
- Experience working at an agency
How to apply
To apply for this job, please complete the form by clicking the apply button.
To ensure our hiring process is as fair as possible, we run an anonymised application procedure. So please remove your name and contact information from your CV before uploading it, and only enter these details in the online form.
To apply, you will need to include:
- your CV (with name and contact details removed)
- up to 250 words explaining how you’re suited to the role and why you want this job
Applications close on Thursday 3 February.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to complete a written online task from home - this can be any time that works for you between Friday 11th February and Sunday 13th Feburary. Based on the tasks, a small number of candidates will be asked to attend an interview via a video call during the week of 28 February.
Who we are
Forward Action is a digital mobilisation agency for progressive causes. We help our partner organisations reach new supporters, then mobilise them to become activists and donors. We have been in the engine room of some of the most successful election and charity digital campaigns of the last few years, helping our partners add millions of new supporters to their email lists, raise more money online (from more donors) and create campaigns that have led to real-world change.
Our values are critical to us: we will only work with causes that make the world a better place. You will get to work with some of the most inspiring and impactful organisations in the sector - such as Greenpeace, Cancer Research UK, and Refuge - and spend your days helping win progress on everything from climate change to homelessness.
You will be working at the cutting edge of digital mobilisation. We trust in data rather than our gut instincts, so we are constantly testing and iterating in our work in order to challenge assumptions and drive better results. We are an agile, fast-moving team, and you will have the opportunity to rapidly develop and expand your skills and experience.
One of our fundamental values is that all our work should drive real-world, measurable results. But we also believe that the greatest progressive impact we can have is to give our partner organisations the skills, knowledge and culture they need to do what we do themselves. We want to spread our skills and way of working across the progressive sector, not make our partners dependent on us. You will play a key role in this in your job.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
This is an exciting position for an exceptional communicator with digital skills who wants to work for a high-profile charity and be part of a well-established, small, friendly team.
Our members and stakeholders are at the heart of our organisation. As Marketing and Communications Officer, you will oversee and develop Helpline Partnership’s (HLP’s) membership base, products and services.
We are seeking to significantly grow our reach, stakeholder base and campaign activity through multiple channels, enhancing our reputation and profile.
The ideal candidate will be
- able to produce original, engaging content and deploy it across multiple channels
- able to produce creative content with a particular awareness around charity sector engagement, including social media platforms, with attention to detail
- able to explore new and innovative techniques
- self-motivated and able to work by themselves as well as collaboratively with colleagues and digital partners
- flexible, diligent and able to effectively manage a busy schedule
- positive, proactive and solution focussed, who is a real team player
The role is permanently home-based, travel throughout the UK will also feature.
We offer attractive staff benefits including 25 days’ annual leave rising with length of service, a company pension scheme, free life assurance and an employee assistance programme. HLP is committed to equality of opportunity.
Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
No contact from agencies or media sales.
Closing Date: Sunday 6 February 2022 at 5.00 pm Please be aware that we will be scheduling interviews as the applications come in so we may have to close the advert early.
Interviews will be held virtually
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Job Title: Digital Director
Accountable to: CEO/Founder
Contract type: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: £45-50k (dependent on experience)
Care4Calais are recruiting an experienced and enthusiastic Digital Director to develop and manage our digital communications and campaigns during an exciting period of rapid organisational growth.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to analyse and optimise our digital channels, establishing structure and processes to effectively meet our charity objectives. You’ll have end-to-end experience of planning, managing and analysing effective and innovative multi-channel campaigns.
As a medium-sized charity working in a high-profile and fast-moving media environment, the work can be highly pressured, so it’s important to be calm, resilient and able to respond at speed. As our team relies on the goodwill of volunteers delivering aid and support to some of the most vulnerable refugees in the UK and Europe, it’s also vital to have good interpersonal skills.
This year will be incredibly important for the future of refugee rights in the UK, and the ever-changing external environment can be challenging. We’re looking for a digital expert who is hands-on, values collaboration and is a natural communicator. If you understand how to use audience insights, the importance of value-based messaging, why storytelling matters and have a strong understanding of the role of digital in changing attitudes, we’d love to hear from you.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly-committed team of game changers dedicated to improving the lives of refugees by changing negative media portrayals and public misperceptions. You’ll be helping us to share vital information, and truly inspirational stories that bring people together, and point to a better world for everyone.
Please provide a covering letter that explains why you are suitable for this role and why you want to work with Care4Calais. We will only consider applications that are accompanied by a covering letter.
Lead and optimise a digital strategy for Care4Calais, covering all channels including website, paid media, social and email. You’ll be leading effective campaigns on digital fundraising, volunteer acquisition, online engagement, increasing visibility and influencing attitudes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Planning and implementing the digital strategy, including day-to-day management/implementation of paid social, PPC, social media, email, SEO and digital PR.
- Optimising our website through continual analysis, testing and learning - we are looking to redesign our website to improve our supporter journey and accessibility to resources.
- End-to-end campaign management of paid media, both campaign-focused and ‘always-on’ activity, ensuring a steady stream of donations to support our essential work.
- Designing, testing, delivering and evaluating email marketing campaigns to drive supporter engagement and donor acquisition. You’ll lead on CRM projects including supporter analysis, segmentation of supporter data, and setting up email funnels to develop relationships and re-engage previous supporters.
- Content marketing, working with the wider team to create a structured content plan in order to create a positive story around refugees and migration across our website and socials (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter). You’ll be helping translate complex and sensitive narratives into easily-accessible stories.
- Working with our website developer to manage website updates on Wordpress for both our main site and shop site.
- Thorough analysis and reporting of campaign and website data. You’ll be identifying opportunities and trends, using your findings to advise the wider team on all aspects of digital.
- Working with agencies and external stakeholders to ensure a cohesive and engaging brand identity across all touchpoints.
- Increasing awareness of Care4Calais and refugee protection issues and keeping up to date with sector developments and promoting pro-migration messaging.
- Working with our volunteers and partners on the ground to identify storytelling opportunities.
- Staying up to date on developments with digital technology, identifying new opportunities.
Person Specification: Required Skills and Experience
- Hands-on experience of planning, implementing and evaluating effective digital campaigns across all channels.
- Strong ability to analyse data and identify trends using digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Proficient use of relevant digital platforms, including social media platforms, CMS, Facebook Business Manager, Google Ads, Google Search Console, Google Analytics (or similar) and Mailchimp (or similar).
- Experience of using audience insight to inform marketing strategy, content creation and targeting.
- Ability to plan and commission compelling content to engage our core supporter base whilst being responsive to their needs. Ability to translate complex and sensitive narratives into easily accessible stories
- Strong organisational and project management skills, with a well-developed ability to manage competing priorities whilst working in a fast-paced and high-profile environment.
- Exceptional communication, collaboration and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent coaching, motivational and management skills.
- Understanding of and empathy with the refugee and migration sector, and experience working with sensitive and politically-controversial topics.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
This role is remote - based at home in the UK with opportunities to meet up as a team once/twice a year. Hours are full time (35 hours per week) but we also welcome applications for flexible working/compressed hours.
Who we are:
Yip, yap, hello! Welcome to Dogstar Foundation. Our loyal supporters, called Dogstars, are working with us to help end animal suffering in Sri Lanka. With their support, we run Sri Lanka’s largest spay/neuter service, and deliver life-saving vaccinations and treatments.
Over the course of the pandemic our digital community, following and fundraising has boomed. Which is why we need you!
As our Junior Digital Officer, you’ll be responsible for creating fun, engaging and inspiring content across social media, email and web. You’ll also support our brand new regular giving initiative, The Ripple, as well as virtual fundraising challenges and Facebook communities.
In this role, you’ll be fully supported to learn the fundamentals of fundraising, paid social media advertising, email marketing and more. A passion for the power of social media, great writing skills and lots of eagerness to learn is essential.
As we are hiring for a junior role, we understand you may not have experience in all the key areas of responsibility. We have a generous training budget to support you for this reason, and therefore encourage you to apply anyway.
If you’re passionate about the power of social media to build communities, love fundraising and want to kickstart your career in the charity sector, this role is for you.
Your key responsibilities:
Creating posts for social media - inclusive of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and potentially TikTok
Day to day management of social media eg. responding to comments and messages.
Creation of our paid social media ads.
Writing, editing, uploading and designing blog posts and web content.
Creating graphics and supporting the editing of videos for web and social.
Supporting email marketing through Mailchimp.
Supporting the running of our virtual fundraising challenges.
Supporting the management of The Ripple - our new regular giving initiative.
Working on the delivery of improvement projects to our website and shop.
Opportunities to explore influencer and corporate marketing.
You’ll be fully remote and working with the Head of Digital, also based in the UK. We offer flexible working hours, with the ability to work around commitments such as childcare, sporting and hobbies. Upon acceptance of the role you’ll also receive a generous allowance for you to pick out a laptop, monitor and whatever else you need to work from home comfortably.
Why work for us:
Remote working - we meet in person once or twice a year.
Fully flexible working hours shaped around what works best for you.
25 days of annual leave + bank holidays
Enhanced parental leave
Work from home setup allowance
Generous training and personal development budget
Opportunities for travel (when possible)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Manager
Team: Growth and Partnerships
Hours: 5 days (37.5 hours) per week with flexible arrangements considered
Location: GoodGym supports remote working. Currently we have an office space in London for staff to use if they wish. All staff have the choice of working remotely, using the office space or a hybrid of both. If you live outside of London, we cannot provide an office space.
Report to: Head of Growth and Partnerships
Starting salary: £33,762 - £37,513
Application Closing Date: 9am, Monday 7th February 2022 Interview date: Monday 14th February 2022
At GoodGym you get to do work that really matters, we are a positive solution to some of the UK’s biggest social issues. GoodGym members combine their exercise with doing important tasks for older people and community organisations. We have won multiple awards and are supported by the London Marathon, National Lottery and leading running brand Saucony. GoodGym aims to be one of the largest fitness communities in the UK, we want to make doing good by getting fit a mainstream movement. You’ll be joining an organisation that makes a positive difference every day. We’re an inclusive team, we aim to make sure everybody can be themselves at work.
Some videos about our work:
Guardian video | Team London Video | New Balance advert | ITV coverage
Position overview GoodGym is looking for a talented and driven Marketing and Communications Manager to drive our expansion across the UK. You will be joining our growing team to build a nationally recognised brand. In doing so, you will help achieve our mission of getting the UK more active and reducing isolation and loneliness amongst older people at the same time.
Using your communications expertise, digital marketing knowledge you will devise and execute a strategy to fulfil our mission of helping GoodGym grow to national prominence. This is an opportunity for an ambitious marketeer who wants to make a significant impact to grow an innovative fitness project into a national brand. You will develop and execute plans to engage tens of thousands of new members in GoodGym each year. You will manage a marketing budget and continue to extend and enhance our grassroots referrals.
National awareness and PR.
GoodGym has had extensive coverage on BBC radio, BBC television, ITV, the Financial Times, Wired, the Guardian and many other leading mainstream media channels. You will extend and continue this level of coverage, managing our publicity and PR to increase awareness of our work across the UK.
Local campaigns and targetting GoodGym is currently in 58 cities across the UK. In the future we hope to expand this. You will build a media kit that means each city can produce locally targeted media to help with member recruitment and new partners.
Comms channels management We have several scheduled communication channels with GoodGym members. You will lead the organisation of these. Part of this will be our own stories page on the website. You will be helping the community write their stories.
Member recruitment You will be responsible for increasing membership by promoting awareness of GoodGym as an easy, convenient and rewarding way of volunteering and getting fit.
Social media and social media advertising We currently use Twitter, Facebook and Instagram; you will be responsible for managing and producing content for these channels and targeting them appropriately to areas that need more participants.
Brand partnerships You will work closely with the business development team to make sure we are utilising our brand partners when it comes to marketing.
Budgets and strategy You will lead the marketing strategy and control the marketing budget to optimise our CPA.
- A marketing or communications role in a previous organisation
- Ability to create and execute targeted campaigns
- A track record of growing audiences and increasing signups
- Data-driven,analytical approach to marketing
- Experience of managing PR opportunities
- Experience managing social media accounts
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to spot great stories and turn them into content quickly
- Ability to make connections and collaborate
- Self-motivated, driven, high energy and engaging
Why join us?
- Friendly and positive culture
- A growing team with real purpose
- Flexible working hours and location
- Regular talks from leading sector experts
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- £200 development budget
- Home working equipment budget
- Optional working groups on issues such as diversity and the environment
- Lots of team socials across the year
We are looking for the best people to help us provide support to millions of people affected by loneliness in the UK. We want our team to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve, offering equal opportunities to everyone, regardless of race, sex, gender identity, disability, age, nationality, religious or philosophical belief, age, sexual orientation, educational attainment, family status, trade union activity or any other factor. We see diversity as strength and want everyone to be able to be their whole selves at work.
We have a code of conduct in place, and are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels safe and respected.
We’re part of a global movement of over 60 Engineers Without Borders organisations and tens of thousands of committed individuals and organisations. Together, we are working to put global responsibility at the heart of engineering, to ensure a safe and just future for all. As a charity, we have long championed the need for engineers to understand the vital role that we all have to play in addressing the grand challenges facing society today.
In 2021, we refreshed our strategy, emphasising the need to put global responsibility at the heart of how all engineering is taught and practised. With a different approach, the engineering community has the power to rapidly transform our world for the better and ensure a safe and just future for all.
As society moves towards the deadline to meet the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), we are striving to reach the tipping point for globally responsible engineering. We do this by inspiring, encouraging the engineering community to commit to global responsibility, upskilling, so that people are equipped to put purpose into practice; and driving change, collaborating with companies, universities and a wide variety of organisations to accelerate globally responsible engineering becoming mainstream.
That is where you come in! To support us in our efforts to grow our membership, inspire the movement and communicate the purpose of Engineers Without Borders UK, we are looking for a Digital Marketing Coordinator to join our team.
This exciting role will be working across the spectrum of digital marketing from social media, email marketing to design and analysis. Below we have broken down the role into the relevant areas of work the Digital Marketing Coordinator will cover:
- You will be managing our social media from curating original content, scheduling posts and responding to public-facing enquiries.
- You will ensure all social media platforms are in line with brand guidelines, tone and digital strategy.
- Alongside the Communications and Engagement Manager, you will build on a strategy to grow the reach and engagement across all marketing (e.g. social media engagement, website visits & bounce rates, email delivery, open & click-through rates, membership sign-ups and attrition) to measure effectiveness and adapt marketing activity depending on the outcome.
- You will take ownership, coordinate and optimise our communications/social media content calendar.
- You will work alongside the Communications and Engagement Manager to manage the website on a day to day basis.
- You will create compelling copy to engage the movement in our mission and vision.
- You will be reviewing Google Analytics to support the development of the website engagement journey and provide insight and advice to lead on areas for improvement.
Brand and Communications
- You will work closely with other team members to understand how to effectively implement digital marketing to communicate and engage various stakeholders.
- You will lead on the management of MailChimp, from writing engaging copy to working with the Movement Facilitators to ensure personal data is being managed in the most effective and streamlined way.
- You will act as Engineers Without Borders UK’s brand ambassador, including ensuring consistent implementation of brand guidelines across all marketing and communication outputs.
- As a brand ambassador, you’ll also be involved in updating resources and leading on creating new resources.
- You will lead on evolving and delivering member and non-member newsletters and experiment with A/B testing to increase engagement.
- You will edit videos on an ad-hoc basis to support the wider team, in addition to campaign-specific content creation.
- Work alongside the Communications and Engagement Manager to continue to assess and update the organisational brand guidelines.
- You will be responsible for all original design across social media graphics and in house resources.
- As a brand ambassador, you will flag design issues and look to amend existing content and manage the review process moving forward.
- Professional experience in a communications and marketing role
- An interest in the impact engineering can have on people and the planet
- Experience managing social media including Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook
- Design experience including original content for social media and resources Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and an innovative and creative approach
- Professional experience of managing multiple tasks simultaneously and delivering work to a high standard and deadline
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- ‘Can do’ attitude, highly organised and self-starter
- Ability to quickly pick up and use new digital systems/software
- Experience with email scheduling platforms eg. MailChimp
- Experience analysing social media and website analytics
- Experience with video editing software
- Experience with website management eg. WordPress
- Commitment to Engineers Without Borders UK's purpose and values
These can be learnt on the job so we’re highlighting them as desirable and/or your development opportunities with us:
- Experience working with personal data
- Experience working with GSuite
- Experience working with InDesign
- Experience using Canva
Diversity, equity and inclusion
Engineers Without Borders UK is guided by a set of principles that we believe will help ensure that all viewpoints and knowledge are heard, included and respected. We especially encourage applications from people of colour, LGBTQ+ people (we are a trans-inclusive organisation), people with disabilities, and people who have experienced other exclusion or marginalisation.
Please apply by going to our website, there you will find further instructions on how to send your application, including your CV (two pages maximum) and a covering letter (up to two pages). Please outline clearly in your covering letter:
- Your reasons for wanting to join the team at Engineers Without Borders UK
- Crucially, how you meet the role description and person specification
- Your availability to be interviewed in during the w/c Monday 14 February 2022
- Where you saw the role advertised
The deadline for applications is 5 pm (BST) Sunday 6 February 2022 and we expect to interview shortlisted candidates during w/c Monday 14 February 2022. Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held remotely.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
London or remote worker
35 Hours per week
This is an exciting new role and a fantastic time to be joining Scope as we embark on our 70th anniversary year and beyond. This is a pivotal role leading an exceptional marketing team to deliver first-class marketing activity for Scope.
We want to inspire people to take action, join us in achieving our vision of equality for all disabled people. In this leadership role, you’ll have the opportunity to shape our internal offer and play an integral role in elevating our marketing activity, taking us to become leaders in disability, accessibility and inclusivity.
Lead the marketing team to deliver exceptional and effective marketing activity that delivers against organisational objectives.
Develop, motivate and grow the Marketing team, play an active leadership role and model behaviour for colleagues.
Champion disabled people’s voices and co-production.
We’re looking for strong marketing experience within a high profile brand, where you may have led on the development and implementation of marketing strategies, integrated campaigns and content development.
You enjoy building cross-organisational relationships and are comfortable negotiating and influencing.
With a passion for innovation, creativity, and insight, you’ll have a strong track record of managing high profile marketing activity, working with agencies and other stakeholders to deliver sector leading campaigns and content.
You have lived experience of disability, understand the social model of disability and relentlessly champion accessibility and inclusion. OR you are prepared to put the time and effort into learning from and listening to others who can help you get your head around the issues.
We ask you demonstrate an appreciation of Scope’s values and ambition of achieving Everyday Equality for disabled people.
If you want to make a difference and become a Disability Gamechanger, we'd love to hear from you. Apply Today!
Send your CV and covering letter fully detailing your suitability for this role to us via the link
Close date: 11/02/2021
Equality and inclusion are at the heart of our mission and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We work hard to ensure that we are making exciting opportunities available to all, and everyone feels valued, heard and respected so that we continue to build a high performance, high engagement culture.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled people, and guarantee interviews to disabled applicants who meet the minimum job criteria. Please let us know in your application if you are applying under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme.
If you would prefer an application form or need any of the job information in a different format such as large print or braille. Please contact us via our website.
Our Values - Pioneering, Courageous, Connected, Open, Fair
By living our values and trusting each other, we empower our colleagues to make decisions. By giving our colleagues freedom and space to spark creativity for innovation, we can push boundaries, change mindsets and be empowered to change the game with grit and determination and a sense of urgency.
We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and embrace our values of being open and fair, courageous, connected and pioneering. We believe hard work deserves reward and recognition and offer a wide range of benefits including 35 days annual leave in Retail, 27 days plus Bank Holidays working in our Head Office, flexible working (where we can), company pension, excellent training and career development, strong colleague networks across disability, race and LGBTQ+, wellbeing incentives like a discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, and much more.
We’re hiring someone to join Rahab UK as a freelance marketing support (working an average of two days per week) to develop our donor and online marketing campaigns. These will build on existing business planning and fundraising (grants and some individual donations).
We hope to get a self-starter who can build and then maintain the relationship and social media important to online marketing / donor development. You will be supporting Rahab UK to collect prospects, record data, manage online communications, and drive forward marketing, with the support of a small, experienced but stretched team; supported by two strategic marketeers who sit on Rahab’s board of trustees.
This work will facilitate the development and growth of Rahab UK. Working at the intersection of violence against women and girls (VAWG), modern slavery, and prostitution Rahab focuses on a lesser understood but predominant form of prostitution in the UK. One that takes place ‘behind closed doors’ from residential premises, massage parlours, hotels and other locations. As an independent charity rooted in, and guided by, the Adoratrices, a Catholic charity but not funded by them; Rahab critically focuses on helping women of all faiths and none – offering a place of welcome for women where they are supported on their transformational journey; from where they find themselves - to where they want to be.
You will be sent the summary brief in response and two background documents (draft statement of direction and theory of change). You will need to send back your response, if applying by the 31st January 2022 Monday 9am. We want to make the opportunity as accessible as possible and ensure a diverse range of people are able to demonstrate their potential. If you have any questions about the role or the process, please contact us. Any answers will be shared with all potential candidates (anonymised) by the 28thJanuary 2022.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.